Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By monster-ish
  • 1 Post By evander87
  • 1 Post By GirlyGymRat

Thread: Steroids and Antisocial Personality Disorder

my username is offline Junior Member

Steroids and Antisocial Personality Disorder

I am not here to throw out any statistics or link you to any studies, but if you think about the nature of steroid use and the resulting psychological effects of taking them, and you know anything about antisocial personality disorder, you can quickly see how steroids fit perfectly in the world of your neighborhood sociopath.

I am not trying to point fingers or put anyone in a box, but i think it is fair to say that one with such a disorder would be more inclined to try steroids than one without.. right?

Now, I know that most all people with AsPD are somewhat aware of what they are, which is why I am coming here to ask..

Do any of you relate to the portrait of someone with AsPD, and if so, do steroids cause you to act out more often? Do you find yourself losing more control than you normally would? How would you compare it to how you feel when drunk?

Thanks

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ahh no, I think you are generalizing WAY to much.

Personally I feel no different when on than not. I'm not aggressive and have never been accused of being such. Also what is the correlation with steroids and drinking??? I dont get that at all. Apples and oranges.

Motardpdx is offline Associate Member
    ^^^true

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    agree 100% with lovbyts

Maybe someone is looking for a scape goat to blame their personal social short coming on?

I also hate that everyone now days want to label everything with a medical condition.

Obesity is not genetic 99.99% of the time. It's from eating to much and called FAT and no self control.

Antisocial personality disorder = being shy. If you dont want to be this way instead of taking pills try some classes in speaking and start working on making yourself interact more with people.

ADD or ADHD most of the time = lack of self discipline or more likely your parents never taught you the value of being seen and not heard as a child, being quiet, sitting still in formal surroundings, restaurants etc and let you get away with poor behavior and form poor study habits.

Jesusbrah is offline Associate Member
    Definition of Antisocial Personality Dissorder
    Antisocial (or dissocial) personality disorder is characterized by a pervasive pattern of disregard for, or violation of, the rights of others. There may be an impoverished moral sense or conscience and a history of crime, legal problems, and impulsive and aggressive behavior.
    What does you using steroids have to do with the rights of others?

As for the sociopath referance; a sociopath is someone who (as far as i know) have experienced some sort of trauma or brain injury, which resulted in lack of feelings. If a sociopath decides to take steroids, then ok. That doesnt mean that everyone who takes steroids are sociopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Antisocial personality disorder = being shy. If you dont want to be this way instead of taking pills try some classes in speaking and start working on making yourself interact more with people.
    It doesnt have anything with being shy/anti-social. It means that you dont give a flying f*ck about most others than yourself and your closest (if even that). The name is a little misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesusbrah View Post
    It doesnt have anything with being shy/anti-social. It means that you dont give a flying f*ck about most others than yourself and your closest (if even that). The name is a little misleading.
    True, I read the same definition as above, I was just over simplifying someone who is anti social because most of the time people like to always take things to the extreme.

I was hesitant to even reply, but I am bored.

Did i not state that i am not trying to put anyone in a box or generalize about steroid users? I made NO generalizations that had anything to do with you normal ass people. I am simply asking a specific subset of individuals what their unique experience is.. any other reply is meaningless

You're right.. drinking has nothing to do with it. If you were a sociopath you would understand that decrease inhibitions are VERY problematic. I am wondering if being on test would create a similar reaction.. I am trying to gauge how in control of myself I will be on test. I can not get anything more on my record

Obviously the Vast majority of you are not sociopathic so ****ing relax. But these are the individuals I am particularly looking for.
    Last edited by my username; 02-23-2015 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by my username View Post
    I was hesitant to even reply, but I am bored.

Did i not state that i am not trying to put anyone in a box or generalize about steroid users? I made NO generalizations that had anything to do with you normal ass people. I am simply asking a specific subset of individuals what their unique experience is.. any other reply is meaningless

You're right.. drinking has nothing to do with it. If you were a sociopath you would understand that decrease inhibitions are VERY problematic. I am wondering if being on test would create a similar reaction.. I am trying to gauge how in control of myself I will be on test. I can not get anything more on my record

Obviously the Vast majority of you are not sociopathic so ****ing relax. But these are the individuals I am particularly looking for.
    In bold. I love it when people use this line as if they think it's their own personal forum and can control who does and who doesn't reply or how. You dont know us very well. You just opened a whole new can of worms. lol

Well IMO due to your history "I can not get anything more on my record" I would suggest staying as far away from aas use or anything remotely illegal if you truly want to illuminate or decrease risk of getting in more trouble otherwise it's just words and meaningless.

Typically if someone is an azzhole they probably will be a bigger azzhole when on cycle, not always but a lot of the time.

Yeah you are right, I have know plenty of people who are fvckn idiots when they get drunk. Ive never done anything stupid when drunk or acted out in any way. I just have less balance and the room spins when I lay down.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I actually think I'm rather calm on steroids . If anything, since I feel I'm stronger on them, I'm less vulnerable and thus I am a little less on-guard and having to prove something.

And without all that, I'm actually rather pleasant to be around and a bit outgoing.

lovbytes - I appreciate your response. Yeah.. you can tell who is all there and who isn't pretty fast with alcohol.

Honkey - Hmm.. less need to prove dominance is interesting. Or.. would one not feel the need but simply assert it because of the resulting high? I think this may touch upon sadism in a very slight sense

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I personally feel that when I'm on cycle my awesomeness is amplified 10 fold.

How much self control do you have on cycle?

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    That is an impossible question to answer because everyone has a different level of self control to begin with. I find myself less patient on AAS and more difficult to deal with things that bother me in a lighthearted way. It does not mean that I cannot control myself or fly into a rage. But, I am definitively more easily annoyed.
    If you question your own ability to maintain control then you definitely would not enjoy being on AAS. Even if you do not do anything you still will probably find yourself frustrated a lot.

What question isn't impossible to answer?

Does power outweigh sides? Hmm

I created a monster but no body wants to see monster no more

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    After getting sauced, I personally feel the opposite.

I don't a shit about others opinions & never have. But, I appreciate constructive criticism more than ever.

That being said, I feel more social in real life as I have gotten older - And sauced at the same time.

Everyone is dif, there's no generalizing anyone - it's a waste of time.

Blog Entries
    ASD is mostly people who grow up in very judgmental environments, so even though they MAY want to be social and outgoing, the cons of saying things collectively outweigh the pros in their minds. I feel like not just anyone can get ASD though, it's a combination of genetics + the environment you're brought up in.

I don't feel like steroids are necesssarily a go-to for people with this disorder. BUT they would be more appealing this someone with this kind of lifestyle to begin with sure. Like a way to get attention without being the outgoing, egotistical badass that gets all the women in the movies. It's a way of improvisation IMO.

However, this is all just speculation and i am in no way certified in this jurisdiction...

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am not here to throw out any statistics or link you to any studies, but if you think about the nature of steroid use and the resulting psychological effects of taking them, and you know anything about antisocial personality disorder, you can quickly see how steroids fit perfectly in the world of your neighborhood sociopath.

I am not trying to point fingers or put anyone in a box, but i think it is fair to say that one with such a disorder would be more inclined to try steroids than one without.. right?

Now, I know that most all people with AsPD are somewhat aware of what they are, which is why I am coming here to ask..

Do any of you relate to the portrait of someone with AsPD, and if so, do steroids cause you to act out more often? Do you find yourself losing more control than you normally would? How would you compare it to how you feel when drunk?

Thanks
    if you are unstable you are unstable. could be booz, coffee, sex, gambling or drugs...
    so no I feel the same, if anything better. and aggression is NOT anger...
    I would say if you find to have these issues that you stop and figure out some supps or cognative therapy to help.
    Take it easy, and watch your estrogen, use an AI, highs and lows can make you emotional, but still no excuse. personality is personality..

Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post
    ASD is mostly people who grow up in very judgmental environments, so even though they MAY want to be social and outgoing, the cons of saying things collectively outweigh the pros in their minds. I feel like not just anyone can get ASD though, it's a combination of genetics + the environment you're brought up in.

I don't feel like steroids are necesssarily a go-to for people with this disorder. BUT they would be more appealing this someone with this kind of lifestyle to begin with sure. Like a way to get attention without being the outgoing, egotistical badass that gets all the women in the movies. It's a way of improvisation IMO.

However, this is all just speculation and i am in no way certified in this jurisdiction...
    hey im not egotistical!... just confident.... ; P

monster-ish is offline Associate Member
    Pointless thread ?
    BG likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monster-ish
    Pointless thread ?
    Yes please

Lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Juced_porkchop View Post
    hey im not egotistical!... just confident.... ; P
    Loved you in the Great Gatsby

I knew only nons would post.. trying to defend themselves against a label that wasn't even being thrown onto them.

There is so much misinformed information being thrown around on this thread I am loosing brain cells.

If you have an answer to my question AND HAVE THE ****ING DISORDER, PM me.

Antisocial personality disorder is diagnosed when a person’s pattern of antisocial behavior has occurred since age 15 (although only adults 18 years or older can be diagnosed with this disorder) and consists of the majority of these symptoms:

Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
    Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
    Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
    Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
    Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
    Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
    Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another
    There should also be evidence of Conduct Disorder in the individual as a child, whether or not it was ever formally diagnosed by a professional.

Thanks for taking the time to give me the advice pork-chop, i do appreciate it.
    Last edited by my username; 02-23-2015 at 02:19 PM.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by my username
    I am wondering if being on test would create a similar reaction.. I am trying to gauge how in control of myself I will be on test. I can not get anything more on my record
    Hugely oversimplified answer. "If you're an a$$hole now, you be a bigger a$$hole on test.

Steroids are an amplifier. If you eat and train right you'll get bigger faster. If you eat and train right you'll get leaner faster

Eat meticulous, train ridiculous for best results.
    Duo likes this.

skindiesel is offline Associate Member
    If you have any of those characteristics stay away from tren ! Seriously. Take my word for it.

I knew only nons would post.. trying to defend themselves against a label that wasn't even being thrown onto them.

There is so much misinformed information being thrown around on this thread I am loosing brain cells.

If you have an answer to my question AND HAVE THE ****ING DISORDER, PM me.

Antisocial personality disorder is diagnosed when a person’s pattern of antisocial behavior has occurred since age 15 (although only adults 18 years or older can be diagnosed with this disorder) and consists of the majority of these symptoms:

Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
    Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
    Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
    Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
    Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
    Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
    Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another
    There should also be evidence of Conduct Disorder in the individual as a child, whether or not it was ever formally diagnosed by a professional.

Thanks for taking the time to give me the advice pork-chop, i do appreciate it.
    I do have my own issues, not the same as yours. anxiety/depression issues, It took alot to get used to pinning and other things. to find compounds that did better for me or worse for me, supps that helped or made worse.

I would highly rec looking into a root called "kava kava" its a godsend. i use and extract paste and take it in little balls like a pill. or you can get raw root and make the drink. its safe and stays effective longterm. just something to toss out at you man.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member

Thanks
    I think you are right, ppl who do steroids are quite antisocial.

Have been watching some professional athlets in various sports, and they all seem to get along socially very well, and as we know they are full natty (tested and all) so this proves your point.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB
    I think you are right, ppl who do steroids are quite antisocial. Have been watching some professional athlets in various sports, and they all seem to get along socially very well, and as we know they are full natty (tested and all) so this proves your point.
    I am not anti social. I do AAS. What's the point of this thread?
    BG likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    I am not anti social. I do AAS. What's the point of this thread?
    We're still looking for it

Kava kava seems legit - It seems to produce a mild but similar effect as an antiphsycotic such as seroquel. Maybe a healthy alternative to marijuana while on cycle.

By the way guys, AsPD has nothing to do with being "antisocial" in terms of awkwardness. In fact, a lot AsPDs are extremely socially potent, because they spend their whole life analyzing the behavior of others by necessity. The lack of emotions not only has them very in-tuned to others to scope out potential threats, but gives them the ability to be very smooth and engaging socially, and therefore great actors and such. It all depends on your genes and how you grew up, but i can confidently say that most AsPDs are not socially awkward in the slightest. Only "awkward" in the sense that they have no social boundaries and could quite possible say something shocking to others without understanding what the problem is

Everyone needs to get their ass kicked a couple times though.
    Last edited by my username; 02-24-2015 at 02:24 AM.

Kava kava seems legit - It seems to produce a mild but similar effect as an antiphsycotic such as seroquel. Maybe a healthy alternative to marijuana while on cycle.

By the way guys, AsPD has nothing to do with being "antisocial" in terms of awkwardness. In fact, a lot AsPDs are extremely socially potent, because they spend their whole life analyzing the behavior of others by necessity. The lack of emotions not only has them very in-tuned to others to scope out potential threats, but gives them the ability to be very smooth and engaging socially, and therefore great actors and such. It all depends on your genes and how you grew up, but i can confidently say that most AsPDs are not socially awkward in the slightest. Only "awkward" in the sense that they have no social boundaries and could quite possible say something shocking to others without understanding what the problem is

Everyone needs to get their ass kicked a couple times though.
    But what is the point if the thread? Do you have AsPD? Are you psychology student doing research?

As I said earlier i am trying to gauge whether or not i would have enough control to not "Act out". I guess it is an impossible question to answer, but i would appreciate anyone with AsPD to share their experiences. If i were to guess, I would say one, no more than two have posted in this forum, and to be honest i am a bit more relaxed about going on test after reading their experiences.

I would be a hypocrite if i didn't answer your question, considering i asked that of others in here earlier, so no, I am a Business grad
    Last edited by my username; 02-24-2015 at 04:04 PM.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    As I said earlier i am trying to gauge whether or not i would have enough control to not "Act out". I guess it is an impossible question to answer, but i would appreciate anyone with AsPD to share their experiences. If i were to guess, I would say one, no more than two have posted in this forum, and to be honest i am a bit more relaxed about going on test after reading their experiences.

I would be a hypocrite if i didn't answer your question, considering i asked that of others in here earlier, so no, I am a Business grad
    There's no point for you to bother. You're 130lbs

Nice! Why is there no high-five emote

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Where's the loud mouth gone ?
    Last edited by MR-FQ320; 03-05-2015 at 06:15 AM.

Thread Information