cardifffizzle is offline Junior Member

Creatine and coffee

Do you guys think the purposes and effects of creatine and coffee contradict eachother? Creatine helps muscles hold more water and coffee is the opposite? Do you guys use the both?

From what i understand, caffeine dehydrates you, making your body use more water. So if you take alot of water, then the creatine will still work the same, as long as the water is supplied. But caffeine will use some of that supply so you ll need to increase the supply.

I think.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Being a mild diuretic, caffeine will reduce extracellular fluid levels. Creatine increases intracellular fluid (hopefully), which isn't even the reason we take it.

Synhax is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Being a mild diuretic, caffeine will reduce extracellular fluid levels. Creatine increases intracellular fluid (hopefully), which isn't even the reason we take it.
    This! Eventually tho if your body is dehydrated enough intracellular fluid will be pumped out to extracellular space. But you need to be pretty dehydrated by then. Just make sure your urine is pretty clear, no matter how much coffee you drink you wont get dehydrated if u replace the water your losing. I drink a ton of coffee every day and take creatine, and still look pretty bloated lol, i just make sure i get enuff water in.

KA24 is offline Junior Member
    I hope not. I've put Glutamine and Creatine in coffee before.

Thread Information