Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By clarky.
  • 2 Post By GirlyGymRat
  • 1 Post By Back In Black
  • 1 Post By cardifffizzle

Thread: Food poisoning

cardifffizzle is offline Junior Member

Food poisoning

I have had food poisoning and haven't managed to keep anything down today. Just trying to keep fluids down me at the moment. What do you guys reckon I should do for the rest of the week? Eat extra food? What do you guys do after recovering?

monster-ish is offline Associate Member
    Not quite sure what your asking? Should you eat more tomorrow to make up for today?

Yeah. That's what I'm asking. Do you raise calories for the rest of the week if you can?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Keep hydrated best you can(if your able to hold it down switch to some Gatorade(electrolytes) and try bread or crackers to help settle your stomach...

Hopefully it'll be quick and you'll only be losing water... And don't over eat... But try and throw an extra meal or two in(in smaller portions) I eat 6-8(ususlly at least 7 and try for 8 but I'm bulking too!

It shouldn't last long CD...

fitnesstrainer is offline Associate Member
    Gatorade really isn't an electrolyte supplement. It's a sugar supplement. There's a ton of different stuff out there with added electrolytes. Currently my BCAA supp has added electrolytes.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Not that I would recommend it, but I always crave a huge meal from McDonald's after any type of food poisoning or other ailment that drains me, and I always satisfy that craving.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Try and drink a few more shakes if you can keep them down and just try to eat a little more food everyday it might take a good wk before to better.

Oh and rest your body is kinda running on empty
    almostgone likes this.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by cardifffizzle
    I have had food poisoning and haven't managed to keep anything down today. Just trying to keep fluids down me at the moment. What do you guys reckon I should do for the rest of the week? Eat extra food? What do you guys do after recovering?
    Probably take a few days to recover. Suggest protein shakes to not tax the digestive system and to keep hydrated.
    lovbyts and almostgone like this.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Get a few extra Welsh cakes in mate, that'll sort you out.

Seriously, as others say, just recover. Plenty of fluids and go back to your normal eating plan when you can.
    almostgone likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

skaz915 is offline Member
    I've always lived by the rule that if a cheat day won't make you fat, a day of calories below tdee won't make you skinny. What matters most is what your diet looks like as a whole at the end of the week

Thanks for all the responses guys! I know I can find basic answers to these questions by asking on Google but I get more direct answers on here with regards to understanding my position. Our diets are more important than the average joes because it can affect our training and our progress in the gym!
    NACH3 likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A little late to the party but you can drink some of those special K drinks old people drink and pedalite is good to rehydrate.

BB King is offline New Member
    I feel for ya, got food poisoning in college and wouldn't wish that nightmare on anyone. I stuck to water + crackers till it passed; anything more was impossible to keep down. Afterwards, I was able to resume my normal diet. Try and narrow down what caused the poisoning so you don't get yourself sick again.

Thread Information