bsh
    bsh is offline Associate Member

Any body suffering w/ RA?

Bout 4 years ago I was diagnosed with RA... What a horrible deal it is and I've been suffering with this disease! Chronic pain and inflammation not to mention the fatigue and whatnot! I was lucky to get with a good doc and get the right cocktail of meds to control it! I have been what most consider high functioning up till this last August but my bitch of a future ex wife let my insurance laps! So I just been riding it out for the better part of a half year! Just wanted to see if anybody else was expecting something like this too?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I thought I had it a few years ago but after several test they said no. I was sure especially since my brother has it and I was hurting so much all the time but especially after sleeping.

Mine turned out to be Fibromyalgia (self diagnosed). I figured it out a few years later but the doctors agree. I also figured out why I was hurting a LOT more than usual for a while. I had been hurting really bad for about 3 months when I finally decided to try not sleeping on my memory foam mattress. In a couple of days I felt a lot better.

It turns out on the memory foam mattress I dont toss and turn in my sleep, I dont move thus the joints get even more stiff and I would wake up every 30 minutes or so. I have not found much that helps the Fibromyalgia though except a firmer mattress but that only helps a bit. The memory foam is like death though.

bsh
    bsh is offline Associate Member
    I agree about the foam mattress... I don't like! And mornings are rough for me. Take me a while to get up to speed, lol. My bitch of an ex-wife let my insurance get cancelled and I moved to another state so I've be without RA meds sense August and paying out of pocket is out the question!! Shit is 1700$ a month.... Luckily I got on a waiting list and have appointment with a new doc this week! Man I can't wait to get some real meds again!

Thread Information