Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: Do I have thyroid issues or nah?

uhit is offline Member

Do I have thyroid issues or nah?

Just got some recent bloods done, for health checkup and whatnot.

Everything is in the range that I am content with except my thyroid.

Serum TSH level - 5.39 mIU/l range = 0.51-4.30mlU/l
    Serum free T4 level - 13.4pmol.L range = 12.60-21.00pmol/l

Could someone clarify what these numbers mean, and if possible advise what to do to get the most optimal numbers.

Also, I apparantly have an excess of 100 vitamin B12 (737 pg/ml with range = 191 - 663 p,/ml). Is that bad or good? Doctor just shrugged both these off and said it's no issue... the useless ****

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Your TSH is high... You want that as low as possible(in range - for a fast acting metabolism)... Does yours seem to be slowing? are you hypothyroidic?? Are you on TRT?

If not hypothyroidism causes hypogonadism... Your free T4 looks good/I'd get your free T3 checked as well... Hopefully Kel will chime in...

Do you supplement Vit B12?

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    ^^I agree, whats your t3 number, standard thyroid BW checks t3,t4 and tsh so its weird to only see 2 of 3

uhit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Your TSH is high... You want that as low as possible(in range - for a fast acting metabolism)... Does yours seem to be slowing? are you hypothyroidic?? Are you on TRT?

If not hypothyroidism causes hypogonadism... Your free T4 looks good/I'd get your free T3 checked as well... Hopefully Kel will chime in...

Do you supplement Vit B12?
    None of the above, and no I don't supplement with Vitamin B12 directly, however I do take a multivitamin which has a tiny bit in it (like 50% of the recommended amount).

And I don't see anything on the paper that shoes my T3 level. Only my TSH and T4.

Anything I can do to improve these numbers?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by uhit View Post
    None of the above, and no I don't supplement with Vitamin B12 directly, however I do take a multivitamin which has a tiny bit in it (like 50% of the recommended amount).

And I don't see anything on the paper that shoes my T3 level. Only my TSH and T4.

Anything I can do to improve these numbers?
    Do you feel any symptoms of low t... I ask b/c hypothyroidism can cause hypogonadism(but you need to get that free T3 checked)... Also diet can improve thyroid as well as medications... I'd be interested to see what your doc has to say...

I'd ask for a complete thyroid panel w/TSH/FT3/FT4

uhit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Do you feel any symptoms of low t... I ask b/c hypothyroidism can cause hypogonadism(but you need to get that free T3 checked)... Also diet can improve thyroid as well as medications... I'd be interested to see what your doc has to say...

I'd ask for a complete thyroid panel w/TSH/FT3/FT4
    My T levels are lower than I would like them, especially being in my early 20's they are only at 22.2 nmol/L with the range being 9.20 - 55.80nmol/L, however I can't exactly jump on TRT unless that number drops below 9.20 which will probably happen in 10 or so years. I don't necessarily feel any low T symptoms such as constant lethargy/ed/depression etc, but it is bothering me.

I'll ask for the complete thyroid panel. Doctor should be co operative enough for that.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I think he should be more than cooperative to give you these tests... Also maybe it's worth getting a full hormone panel done just in case(after you've been off and recovered - if you were)... At the very least you know to ask for another complete thyroid panel...

Best of luck uhit, hope all works out!
    uhit likes this.

Thread Information