lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

Some dog lovers will hate this.

But it's true. Ive thought/known this for a long time. It always amazes me how many purebred/inbred dogs get sick so often. Makes perfect sense.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    I agree 100%. My parents have always had pure bred dogs and they have all had medical complications. Recently (the past 10 years) my parents have had 4 weimaraner and all have had medical issues.

here2grow is offline Junior Member
    Over breeding more for the quick cash than the pets health these days. Shar-pei's are the worse 6 problems every week and he's only 6months old fml

Handy is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by here2grow View Post
    Over breeding more for the quick cash than the pets health these days. Shar-pei's are the worse 6 problems every week and he's only 6months old fml
    Yes Shar-pei's can be bad we have been lucky with are's ten years old no issues until now he has cataracts and don't forget to clean there ears every week it can get funky in there lol

here2grow is offline Junior Member
    10Years problem free that's real good.
    Don't get me wrong, they're great dogs and loyal to the family, And I won't be able to own another dog breed now lol. I'm hooked on sharpei's
    But omg..Ears, Eyes, Nails, Skin conditions etc.
    Changing his diet and weekly cleaning is working (They don't seem to like high protein diets) Plus the eye drops and ear ointment is helping out a lot.
    He had 3 bee stings on his face last week lol it looked funny.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had a cocker spaniel as a kid, late teen. I know all about the eyes and ears care.

No more dogs for me, I dont have the room/yard or time to give to one properly. I do want a hybrid cat though. I like the
    Savannah. That would be a nice house pet.

I had a friend in high school who had a 1/2 bobcat mix. Big cat. They were on the 2nd floor balcony outside one day when their little chiwawa was in the front yard and the neighbors German Shepard attached the chiwawa. All they saw was a streak from next to them down the stairs then a bunch of hair flying and a dog screaming.

Their cat saw what was happening and rescued their little dog and tore the German Shepard up. The neighbors tried suing them for vet bills and the judge laughed it out of court.

Frank777 is offline Junior Member
    As I know, all purebreed dogs have health problems. I had a Cane Corso dog and she also had medical complications. I guess, it is important to take care of a dog taking into account its breed, give all necessary vitamins and supplements (of course, after asking a veterinarian). It has to be noted, it is easy to find the information about pet meds online. Personally I use Pet Express for this purpose as this source provides me with the descriptions of products that are sold there.
    Last edited by Frank777; 11-24-2019 at 11:14 AM.

yeahbuddy289 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    My fiancé and I have an English bulldog. She cost me an arm and a leg but knock on wood she has been relatively healthy minus the occasional ear infection. They are crazy dogs though... very very different personality than other breeds.

Thread Information