Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Will everybody accept that Floyd Mayweather is the BEST fighter of THIS generation?

xjay1234 is offline Associate Member

Will everybody accept that Floyd Mayweather is the BEST fighter of THIS generation?

Made simple work of Manny Pacquiao!

He was meant to be the to beat Mayweather. But, FAILED.

The whole witch hunt about his past domestic violence (which has nothing to do with the fight) and the money he was getting (which has nothing to do with the fight).

Will people finally accept. He is the best boxer of this era?

DB1982 is offline Member
    Yes I'd say as a Pac fan I can now say Mayweather is the best of our generation.

With that said I believe boxing is a dead sport.
    That fight was my last PPV Boxing purchase.

I mean the 2 best pound for pound fighters fight 12 rounds and leave the ring looking untouched what a joke.

Boxing is nothing but a pity pat point match these days.
    Nothing like the wars from 50's - early 90's

Boxing needs to lengthen the rounds to 5mins
    And go to a standard 6oz gloves
    to bring some excitement back to the sport.

And start penalizing fighter who don't engage because they know they won the early rounds. So they try to coast to a win.
    DCI likes this.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    I didn't even watch. Boxing has become so boring. Never see any knockouts, it's all a strategy of who can "land the most punches".. regardless of how substantial they are.
    DCI likes this.

JohnnyJim is offline Banned
    Was sad, but I was expecting it. Lol.

Yeah. Floyd beats Pacquiao, but Pacquiao is the better fighter for me because of his better knockout rate throughout his career.

But yeah. PAC lost that one fair and square.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Simple work? You watched a different fight than I did. The one I saw had mayweather on the ropes 80% of the time.

He beat Manny by points only but I think its time for Manny to retire, he just didnt have his power he use to.

Floyd is undefeated but I think his style sucks. He is not a fighter, he runs and hides most of the fight then only comes out the last couple rounds.

Tyson was a good fighter back in the day. He went straight for the kill and defeated his opponent. Mayweather just waits until they get tired of hitting his cover until the end.

It was to bad Manny didnt realize the only chance he had was with a knock out and not a fair fight by points.

Manny's back looked more beat up than his face from all the tie ups Floyd kept doing and then punching the back of his head and back. LoL
    Last edited by lovbyts; 05-03-2015 at 10:10 AM.
    NACH3 likes this.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Mayweather hugged and hung on every time pacquiao got him in the corner.

The credit I give mayweather is that he knows what the judges want and knows how to rack up points. He's not a showman and that fight sucked ass. Not worth the $100 it cost
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Mayweather ranked #1 top world wrestler. LoL. He got confused the first 8 rounds and forgot it was boxing

The Washington Post said it well.

"Is Floyd Mayweather boring? Only when he's in the boxing ring."

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    I found the fight boring as well.

All hype!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    I found the fight boring as well.

All hype!
    All of Mayweathers fights are boring he's a counter puncher.. And PAC had him looking worse though he landed fewer punches... Floyd just fights on his heals b/c he's so fast he can sneak a combo in while your throwing one punch! Lol

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Mayweather is a chump, he won that fight because he can run faster than Pac. I was bored to tears, what a disappointment, Pac had no chance with Floyd on the bike, he is just too short to win that type a fight. Most of Floyd's punches were off his heels going backwards, at least Pac tried to engage and his punches were true power punches. Boxing is dead, this was the final nail in the coffin, Dana White must be just thrilled.

I was actually sitting beside a boxing coach, Pat Kelly, he used to train Billy the kid Irwin, and Mike Strange from my home town. He knew Floyd was going to win because Pac wouldn't be able to hit him. The most interesting thing about that fight was listening to the stories and commentary from this 80 year old Irish boxing guru. That was worth sitting through that snore fest, this guy had some stories.
    RaginCajun likes this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Im just amazed at the money they made. Good job

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    The fight was bullshit. Those judges were obviously paid off. If the sport was all about running away and hugging like a coward, then Floyd is the greatest ever. But using a jab so you can run away shouldn't allow somebody to win rounds. And Pac had him on the ropes a good majority of the fight.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    The hype that surrounded this fight had people interested. People that would never, ever watch a boxing match. They all paid $100 to watch.

It had the potential to be the rebirth of the sport. Instead, it permanently put people off.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I can never get that time back that I wasted watching that fight
    tcw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    The hype that surrounded this fight had people interested. People that would never, ever watch a boxing match. They all paid $100 to watch.

It had the potential to be the rebirth of the sport. Instead, it permanently put people off.
    I won't say it's permanently ruined the sport. But maybe not in an effort to save the sport, they'll clean it up.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    As an avid boxing fan... NO.

He will never enjoy the popularity or reputation that real great fighters have.

A boxer's record is only part of the story.

LOL

People that say Floyd was running clearly are not boxing fans. Best you got back to MMA.

Boxing is about moving.

If Floyd was running so much - then how comes he landed more punches and threw more punches?

People need to just accept it.

Pacquiao only had Mayweather on the ropes ONE time in Round 4. That was it! Everything else was ineffective!

The punch stats was clear in Mayweather's favour.

Seeing that dirty schizophrenic hoe Michelle Beadle talking about his domestic abuse - but cried cos he banned her from his press conference and fight. Crazy hoe!

Manny Pacquiao's as a fighter should have cut the ring off - but he couldn't even do that.

Manny Pacquiao was everybody's hope, and he FAILED.

Floyd Mayweather is the best boxer of THIS era it is done. He will retire on defeated and we will look to the next generation!

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    If thats an example of the sweet science its a poor one. I wanted Manny to win but at least hoped for good entertaining fight, I didnt get either. Only good thing was I spent some time with my father watching it.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Mayweather has never been in a fight just proves how good he is! it is boxing not fighting, the art of boxing is to hit and not be hit!. And running! come on its only running if you turn your back. Boxing is not exciting any more for me and mayweather is a twat BUT he is definitely up there with the greatest "boxers". Technically brilliant.

Xjay1234
    What fight did you watch? Seriously only one time in round 4? Yeah and 3 times in round 3, 4 times in round 5 etc. Hahaha.

Yes its about moving. Foot work and Bob and weave which mayweather didnt do any of except back up to the rope and cover up.

50$ of the punches he landed were after putting Manny in multiple head locks and punching his side and back of the head. Oh yeah and the groin shot Mayweather tried to sneak in on Manny.

Please go watch it again and try not to fall asleep this time.
    Boozer35 likes this.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    This fight was all about retirement funds. Pac-man is a very exciting fighter. Like said above the only time Mayweather is boring is when he is in the ring. The sport of boxing will die if they don't change the get me by fights. Fighting not to loose rather than winning.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Just to add. Mayweather should go down as one of the greatest boxers of all time BUT none of his bouts will ever be classed as great bouts! No one in 20 years will be you tubeing mayweather. Well maybe the purists.

Anyway, boring fight in an ever increasing boring sport! To many titles, to many weight divisions, to much padding of records, to much to lose by losing one fight!

With mma giving fans the best fighters fighting the best fighters when they are the best! mma for the win.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    I agree I changed to MMa about 15 yrs ago never looked back boxing was stinking back then IMO. I just hope MMA doesn't start down that path I have seen a couple fights that were poorly decided in the past couple of years. But you still have alot of rogue athletes looking to take someones head off when they get in the cage.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    The only way I will watch boxing again is if they make a knockout or TKO the only way to win. What happened to the old school battles like Haglar vs Helms. Or watching someone's head get beat like a pinata by Tyson.

Boxing is boring plain and simple and thats why its being slowly replaced by MMA (which is also slowly becoming more boring)

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    The only way I will watch boxing again is if they make a knockout or TKO the only way to win. What happened to the old school battles like Haglar vs Helms. Or watching someone's head get beat like a pinata by Tyson.

Boxing is boring plain and simple and thats why its being slowly replaced by MMA (which is also slowly becoming more boring)
    ^^^^^ This. I think it should also be until someone can't continue. No points.

Donnell is offline New Member
    I think Mayweather way of boxing is the future!

Look at the effects someone like Ali or the many NFL players who suffer from brain problems due to the amount of knocks to the head.

In time is health and safety crazed world that we live in will clamp down on sports like boxing, and referees will soon be ending matches quicker when a boxer is taking too many blows, even if he's fine on the night, no doubt taking excessive blows to the head will have an effect in the long term.

As a result a new type of fighter will emerge, and Mayweather's style would be held up as an example of what boxing should be.

Gone are those days when a fighter is left bloodied and broken on the floor of the canvas and in time people will simply turn to UFC for that.

As for me Mayweather is a tactical genius in the ring, the best ever, the smartest ever, may not be the most exciting but he gets the job done 100% of the time. (So far)
    xjay1234 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post

Member Hagler vs Sugar Ray Leonard... Leonard did the same thing - except his corner would tell em when the last 30s of the round was as he flurried for those 30s of each round when he clearly got beat the whole round except for 30s and he won on points as well... And Hahler beat the piss out of em... Imo

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    lol, I never intended to buy the fight. Pac was too old, and Money is a defensive boxer. He'll block shots all night long, and land counters or win the rounds at the end. He's done it the past 10 years, and people think for some reason that would change for this fight.

He is absolutely the best technician in boxing today, but for my money I'd rather watch a hagler/hearns/leonard fight all day long.

Hey, do you know that boxer: Guillermo Rigondeaux?

Nobody can touch him! That whipping he put on Nonito Donaire was out of this world! A PURIST!

Now, if Mayweather did that to Pacquiao. It would have been epic!

Because, it seems Mayweather had to win all 12 rounds against Pacquiao to get true credit. ^_^

One thing i will say about MMA and people saying *BOXING IS DEAD*

We just had the BIGGEST night of boxing EVER on Saturday - the biggest money generation in boxing history!

How can boxing be dead?

MMA has been going on now for near 20 years and has not had anything NEAR the money generation like Mayweather and Pacquiao had.

Or even anything like the money generation Mayweather vs Hatton had!

Dana White, I don't believe he as even been able to pay his BIGGEST UFC star a purse near to $10million.

Not even Brock Lesnar (and he was a massive attraction)

I have nothing against MMA - I watch it from time to time! But, I think for people to say BOXING is dead after it just had its BIGGEST night is LUDICROUS

Could you image APPLE making is BIGGEST sales in HISTORY on a new iPhone - then people say after that MASSIVE sale 'APPLE IS DEAD'.

LOL

But, once Mayweather and Pacquiao have officially retired. Boxing can go back to the old school way!

Where the best fight the best constantly.

Credit to Mayweather - he is the best fighter of this era.

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    Just to add. Mayweather should go down as one of the greatest boxers of all time BUT none of his bouts will ever be classed as great bouts! No one in 20 years will be you tubeing mayweather. Well maybe the purists.

Anyway, boring fight in an ever increasing boring sport! To many titles, to many weight divisions, to much padding of records, to much to lose by losing one fight!

With mma giving fans the best fighters fighting the best fighters when they are the best! mma for the win.

I agree!

My only disagreement is him being the BEST EVER. No.

But, certainly the best of THIS ERA. NO DOUBT!

Quote Originally Posted by Donnell View Post
    I think Mayweather way of boxing is the future!

Look at the effects someone like Ali or the many NFL players who suffer from brain problems due to the amount of knocks to the head.

In time is health and safety crazed world that we live in will clamp down on sports like boxing, and referees will soon be ending matches quicker when a boxer is taking too many blows, even if he's fine on the night, no doubt taking excessive blows to the head will have an effect in the long term.

As a result a new type of fighter will emerge, and Mayweather's style would be held up as an example of what boxing should be.

Gone are those days when a fighter is left bloodied and broken on the floor of the canvas and in time people will simply turn to UFC for that.

As for me Mayweather is a tactical genius in the ring, the best ever, the smartest ever, may not be the most exciting but he gets the job done 100% of the time. (So far)

Yes if Apple advertised the greatest product ever and produced a total flop it would kill or at least severely hurt the company.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    This fight was a perfect example as to "WHY" people have lost respect for the "sport of boxing." Working class dogs paying 100's of $ to see a champion run from an encounter. I saw the fight. Mayweather did his best to keep from mixing it up with Pacqiao....and that's no joke. Floyd just doesn't take chances in the ring and certainly not taking a chance when you are facing a puncher like Pacqiao. You don't get to 48 wins and no loses by taking chances in the Ring.

That being said---it was one of the most boring fights i have seen in recent history. Add to it, the fact that Floyd's game plan was to stick and run, makes it a JOKE to call that sport---its not. Floyd tied up Pacqiao at every chance---and would NOT engage the smaller fighter and PROVE that he can fight. Sticking and running is NOT A sport (in my book)...that's a cowards game and Con Artist duping the public into paying Mega Bucks for hype and fanfair. I'm sure as hell GLAD i didn't pay to see this fight. Its amazing how gullible and bored the public is to fall for this crap. This fight is yet another example on why UFC and MMA were able to carve out a niche in this Market.

Fans should complain to RIP-OFF report about false advertizing. This was not a fight...it was a clinic on "how to fight like a coward,..and take home 100 mill."

~At Least Mike Tyson would put on a show. Mike wasn't afraid to mix it up and would try HIS BEST to Knock out anyone who was trying to take his belt. Those were the Glory days of Boxing. This chit here....is a joke.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Tell em Mick

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lets+go+pacquiao_a7369c_5532746.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	156793

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1486545_10153302580589173_3748276926375423386_n.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	156794

Manny should have practiced more

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    I find it rich that a site full of steroid enthusiasts who do what they can to win and be the best they can be complain about a guy who does what he can to win and be the best he can be.
    xjay1234 likes this.

Difference is, we don't run and hide from the weights, we don't go in and do the bare minimum to get by. We fully engage the weights, not afraid to fail, we are constantly going head on trying to get bigger and stronger. I don't blame mayweather, he did what he had to do, now he has $180mil reasons to not give a fuk what anyone thinks. He knew that was the only way he made it out with a W, can't fault the guy, not hate the player, hate the game, they need to change the rules if they want to evolve in today's market. That style will ultimately kill the sport.
    Euroholic likes this.

JohnnyJim is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    I find it rich that a site full of steroid enthusiasts who do what they can to win and be the best they can be complain about a guy who does what he can to win and be the best he can be.
    I share your view to be honest.

Ends justify the means is what I say. Does that change the fact that the average person in this forum (who most likely has 180 pounds of LEAN BODY MASS) who happens to have a good chin, knows how to punch properly, and is not afraid to get hit, will kill Mayweather in a real fight? No. But a vulture needs to wait for the lion to die in order to have a chance of survival.

fabulanova is offline Banned
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...80759448660794

chec this out this boi is gonna make it hes boxing at the monment at glendale in la he shakes tyson hand, his drives steven federers Cars lamborghini
    n guess whos his buddy : ) ... hes from the same city we grew together up actually me n his cousin...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information