Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 59
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Does anyone here actually believe in white priviledge?

  1. #1
    fitnesstrainer's Avatar
    fitnesstrainer is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    435

    Does anyone here actually believe in white priviledge?

    Like the title states. If you do what do you base it on?

  2. #2
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    It's out there for sure, as more racial injustice is always gonna be pointed at the White folk first imo(is it right no - but may be the truth).... Not that it hasn't changed - but the whites(especially the cops are really making it hard) therefore more racial divide in the states(& world in general) and w/the media - they just poor gas on the already lit fire!
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-07-2015 at 10:30 AM.

  3. #3
    Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    North Central U.S
    Posts
    1,318
    I think it is out there. But the media blows everything up!! Radical left is really good at creating racial divide in the U.S. Not saying I'm right its just my opinion.

  4. #4
    jgd
    jgd is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    121
    Its out there, but also it depends on so many factors that its a worse question than religion.. I mean, I think there is chinees privalige. Say I own a tech company guess who I am hiring or atleast interviewing first ( a white guy, black guy, spanish, cuban or chineese)??? I think it all depends on where you are (suburb, florida, ny, cali, northcarolina) , what it pertains to (jobs, schooling,harassment, being watched in a store, being given free stuff) Thats a loaded question with no right answer. Also, if your hiring or at the gym looking to purchase a trainor, chinees dude is not getting hired by me, I want the hot chick( woman privilage?) or a white or black or spanish dude who is built.. Lets say I need a sales person and 3 candidates have exact same credentials one white dude, one black dude and a really hot female.. I am hiring the girl, so thats girl power again. all depends on where, what, how, why. But in short, yes there is more white privilage I think on mass basis..... and then the media, i feel like an old timer saying "world is going crazy"...
    Last edited by jgd; 05-07-2015 at 09:42 AM.

  5. #5
    scotty51312's Avatar
    scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Middle of the Mojave, CA
    Posts
    2,870
    An unarmed white man was shot in Dallas Tx a couple weeks ago by police for rushing the police after being ordered to lay on the ground. Millions of white people protested by getting up the next morning and going to work.... the hardcore ones even showed up a few minutes late. A few ladies even skipped their morning starbucks and mamosas they were so outraged

  6. #6
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,390
    ^^^^ that about covers it.

    Are there people who are prejudices or racist, yes of course. Always have been always will be.

    Is there injustice? Yes just look at informative action. You have to hire someone because of the color of their skin or race/gender and not because of qualifications is wrong.

    White actually being privileged on any large scale is ridiculous. Is it statistically accurate to say whites do better in some industries sure, its just statistics. Black's do better in in most sports, Asians do better scholastically and so on and so forth. Its just how it works.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 05-07-2015 at 11:27 AM.
    NACH3 likes this.

  7. #7
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Is there injustice? Yes just look at informative action. You have to hire someone because of the color of their skin or race/gender and not because of qualifications is wrong.
    Affirmative action fosters the very prejudice it was supposed to be fighting against. Was there a time when it was necessary? Perhaps, I don't know if it was ever the right solution to the problem. Then again can this type of solution ever be legislated? I really don't think it can. It needs to be changed on a basic moral level and that isn't achieved by legislation.....ever.

  8. #8
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,504
    OP, are you asking whether we are proponents of white privilege (and therefore believe that white people deserve better than everyone else), or whether we believe that a system of white privilege still exists (in the US, presumably?)?
    Because everybody here answered the latter option.

    I think he was asking the former. So my reply is: ask davidtheman100.

  9. #9
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,390
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post

    Affirmative action fosters the very prejudice it was supposed to be fighting against. Was there a time when it was necessary? Perhaps, I don't know if it was ever the right solution to the problem. Then again can this type of solution ever be legislated? I really don't think it can. It needs to be changed on a basic moral level and that isn't achieved by legislation.....ever.
    I agree, just like the forced bussing they did for a long time. So what if a school has mostly white, black, Asian, Indian or Hispanic kids. It should be based on the community. As long as the schools and kids have equal opportunity thats what matters.

  10. #10
    Wes201's Avatar
    Wes201 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East coast USA
    Posts
    441
    Blog Entries
    1
    @ JGD...........Very nicely said. I can't really disagree with anything in there.
    But one thing that REALLY pisses me off is that racism is real! It does exist! This is undisputable! HOWEVER, EVERY RACE HAS BEEN VICTEM TO IT!! Not just blacks. For example. I'm white and I grew up in the hood. I don't live there anymore but all my friends do. Every time I drive through, going to or combining from someone's house I pulled over and I get some cock a mamy BS story why I was stopped. When the bottom line is that the lieing piece of s*** cop pulled me over for no other reason then because IM WHITE!!! And right away it's assumed I don't belong there and must be looking for drugs.
    But you don't see me gathering up all my white friends and looting stores and starting riots over it. I file my comaint a with the civilian review complaint board and let it go.
    Last edited by Wes201; 05-07-2015 at 11:44 AM. Reason: This was meant to be a reply to JGD

  11. #11
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes201 View Post
    @ JGD...........Very nicely said. I can't really disagree with anything in there.
    But one thing that REALLY pisses me off is that racism is real! It does exist! This is undisputable! HOWEVER, EVERY RACE HAS BEEN VICTEM TO IT!! Not just blacks. For example. I'm white and I grew up in the hood. I don't live there anymore but all my friends do. Every time I drive through, going to or combining from someone's house I pulled over and I get some cock a mamy BS story why I was stopped. When the bottom line is that the lieing piece of s*** cop pulled me over for no other reason then because IM WHITE!!! And right away it's assumed I don't belong there and must be looking for drugs.
    But you don't see me gathering up all my white friends and looting stores and starting riots over it. I file my comaint a with the civilian review complaint board and let it go.
    Yes you are being profiled but to be honest its not a bad thing. Dont you agree in most cases that is probably what is happening? It may be a bull story but in the long run they are just trying to cut down on the drug trafficking.

    I've had my share of being profiled and try to not take it personally because I know its not a personal attack on me.

  12. #12
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts

    Yes you are being profiled but to be honest its not a bad thing. Dont you agree in most cases that is probably what is happening? It may be a bull story but in the long run they are just trying to cut down on the drug trafficking.

    I've had my share of being profiled and try to not take it personally because I know its not a personal attack on me.
    I get to see both sides..... I'm not law enforcement but I have the opportunity to see things from their side and also from a citizens side. I've driven through the same areas I work and have been profiled like the same guys I have profiled. They thought i was there to buy drugs..... I didnt hate on em as I see white people every day in that area buying drugs...... Not shopping at the bodega.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  13. #13
    Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A world without islam!!!!
    Posts
    6,940
    Im not to sure on the term white privilege. But i know that my country was built by the european white man. We had a white only immigration policy for ages. So am i privileged to be white? I guess i am. Because the natives make up 2% of the populous but 25% of the jail population. Stats are there for a reason.

  14. #14
    Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A world without islam!!!!
    Posts
    6,940
    bodega? Theres that word again. I googeled it and it reads that it is a spanish word not a usa word?

  15. #15
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is online now Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    bodega? Theres that word again. I googeled it and it reads that it is a spanish word not a usa word?
    it is basically a small store that sells everything and run by foreigners
    Euroholic likes this.

  16. #16
    fitnesstrainer's Avatar
    fitnesstrainer is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte
    OP, are you asking whether we are proponents of white privilege (and therefore believe that white people deserve better than everyone else), or whether we believe that a system of white privilege still exists (in the US, presumably?)? Because everybody here answered the latter option. I think he was asking the former. So my reply is: ask davidtheman100.
    I really just want to know all your thoughts on it. I don't believe in it one bit. Asians in America on average earn 10k more per year than whites, nobody ever even mentions this. I think people are looking for any excuse to blame their lack of success on personally.

  17. #17
    fitnesstrainer's Avatar
    fitnesstrainer is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic
    Im not to sure on the term white privilege. But i know that my country was built by the european white man. We had a white only immigration policy for ages. So am i privileged to be white? I guess i am. Because the natives make up 2% of the populous but 25% of the jail population. Stats are there for a reason.
    Do you believe that LE is profiling the natives and that's why they make up a large portion of jail population? Or do you think they are locked up for valid reasons?

  18. #18
    RigPig's Avatar
    RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,116
    If you view yourself as unequal, you will view everything as racism. I am a white male. I've spent years in middle eastern countries. I was the minority but never felt as such because of Respect. I respected the countries culture, beliefs, and laws, therefore was treated with the same respect.
    Ones outlook on life has allot to do with how they feel they are being treated in my opinion.
    For instance, half reading this will agree with me, the other half will think my views are bias because I am white and means I have lived "the good life".
    F**kin BS, I've worked for my "good life". Didn't grow up with it handed to me that's for sure. Just like 99% of the population in this world, we reap what we sew!
    Joco71 likes this.

  19. #19
    RA's Avatar
    RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Getting madcow treatments
    Posts
    16,450
    Race is just used as a political tool these days. Black leaders try to convince the masses they are being oppressed for money, power, etc. If you look at look at the major cities the worst thing for any minority has been liberal policies.
    songdog likes this.

  20. #20
    Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A world without islam!!!!
    Posts
    6,940
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnesstrainer View Post
    Do you believe that LE is profiling the natives and that's why they make up a large portion of jail population? Or do you think they are locked up for valid reasons?

    They Probably do but profiling is a tool And it exists for a reason. it makes peoples jobs easier. The natives are just uncivilized. We took there kids from them and tried to raise them like a civilized european white, they complained. We built them houses they tore them apart shitt on the floors, burnt the furniture and just sleep on the floor. We give them money for being black they still complain. There never happy. Porn and alcohol are illegal in there communities because they can not handle it they will beat there wife rape there children and drink petrol. Im not joking either these are quite common feats. They are just uncivilized nomadic hunter gathers. They complain that we took there land but they were not doing anything useful with it. they can not even provide title deeds All this being typed Good ones are around. There was one bloke that was nearly full blooded i served with him in Afghanistan he was a top notch bloke and you could not ask for more in a rifle section. but its nearly a 20:1 ratio. I am a little bit biased towards them not because of there colour but because of there behaviour

  21. #21
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,390
    Quote Originally Posted by RigPig View Post
    If you view yourself as unequal, you will view everything as racism. I am a white male. I've spent years in middle eastern countries. I was the minority but never felt as such because of Respect. I respected the countries culture, beliefs, and laws, therefore was treated with the same respect.
    Ones outlook on life has allot to do with how they feel they are being treated in my opinion.
    For instance, half reading this will agree with me, the other half will think my views are bias because I am white and means I have lived "the good life".
    F**kin BS, I've worked for my "good life". Didn't grow up with it handed to me that's for sure. Just like 99% of the population in this world, we reap what we sew!
    I know I am a minority in my thinking about this also, as for those few who do have privilege or power handed to them so what? In most cases it just means their parents made the right choices and worked hard so their kids would not have to as much. Isn't that what most of us try to do?
    RigPig likes this.

  22. #22
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I know I am a minority in my thinking about this also, as for those few who do have privilege or power handed to them so what? In most cases it just means their parents made the right choices and worked hard so their kids would not have to as much. Isn't that what most of us try to do?
    Indeed!

  23. #23
    crazy_rocks's Avatar
    crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,221
    I've had someone throw the white privilege accusation at me while in an argument about raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour. He said check your white privilege. My response was simple. I asked him what if a black guy or whatever were successful in a career and therefore was well off financially? Would his kids then be called black privilege? Then I went on to say how dare someone have successful parents. I said you better refrain yourself from being successful. You don't want your kids being privileged, that wouldn't be fair. I also made the point if our successful parents die should the govt be able to absorb the money they left as opposed to it going to the next of kin? Of course he had no coherent answer for any of these because he was a wacko leftist who got himself into an argument he knew nothing about. That's what they do.

    So no there is no such thing. In America and in many places due to the spread of common sense in economics and limited govt people now have the opportunity to succeed like never before in human history unless you were born into nobility. That itself is privilege. Not someone being comfy at the result of their own or their parents work. Most of us white people were not born with a millionaires silver spoon in our mouth because our parents were successful yet us ordinary people with somewhat successful parents get called white privilege. Surprise surprise the whole thing is just a weak Marxist attack on our foundation like many other things happening today. It hurts me to see these commercials with people talking about it like they truly feel the guilt of it. That's the sad part. Don't fall for it. It's horseshit.
    Last edited by crazy_rocks; 05-13-2015 at 10:38 PM.

  24. #24
    tdoe11's Avatar
    tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,288
    I believe in work your butt off, say your prayers and live honestly. I am uneducated. Been homeless, been strung out. Now I have multiple cars, businesses, Rv, motorcycles, real estate etc.

    Many weak minded people use the race card as an excuse to be lazy and not work hard to succeed. While they are complaining about the injustice many have rose above, I'll be out vacationing with my family. For me it was most definitely not white privilege, it was sincere motivation......
    crazy_rocks likes this.

  25. #25
    Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A world without islam!!!!
    Posts
    6,940
    The hardest working people i have ever seen are asians so many of them just love working. If it was posable to work 30 hours a day I'm sure they would.

  26. #26
    fitnesstrainer's Avatar
    fitnesstrainer is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic
    The hardest working people i have ever seen are asians so many of them just love working. If it was posable to work 30 hours a day I'm sure they would.
    Lol can't argue that. They are looking to take over the world in the not so distant future.
    crazy_rocks likes this.

  27. #27
    crazy_rocks's Avatar
    crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoe11 View Post
    I believe in work your butt off, say your prayers and live honestly. I am uneducated. Been homeless, been strung out. Now I have multiple cars, businesses, Rv, motorcycles, real estate etc.

    Many weak minded people use the race card as an excuse to be lazy and not work hard to succeed. While they are complaining about the injustice many have rose above, I'll be out vacationing with my family. For me it was most definitely not white privilege, it was sincere motivation......

    Good for you!

  28. #28
    Roger11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    888
    Crazy

    Its 2015 already .

    And we are still talking about racism and fking skin colours.I hear it every day. Racial slurs etc


    Why can't people just look at a black person and a white person and see the only ****ing difference is the colour of there skin.


    THATS IT? not hard is it?. Just amazes me . we all are human at the end of the day.


    Its only a colour. White or black. That is it. Nothing else to it. Simple. Period.

  29. #29
    dep30's Avatar
    dep30 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    297
    I'm not racist at all! I grew up in a predominantly black area of the south and one of my closest motherly figures is a black woman... With that being said "white privilege" is a joke!! ask any black person... no not a hood rat living and mooching the system to death but real black people who work hard for what they have and they will tell you that black people have way more opportunities in this country than any other minority... The only ones who seize these opportunities are the ones who work hard and want to better themselves. Just like any race the lazy will not prosper and it's no one's fault but the lazy.

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...nicity-5466800

  30. #30
    thisAngelBites's Avatar
    thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    somewhere near London
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by dep30 View Post
    I'm not racist at all! I grew up in a predominantly black area of the south and one of my closest motherly figures is a black woman... With that being said "white privilege" is a joke!! ask any black person... no not a hood rat living and mooching the system to death but real black people who work hard for what they have and they will tell you that black people have way more opportunities in this country than any other minority... The only ones who seize these opportunities are the ones who work hard and want to better themselves. Just like any race the lazy will not prosper and it's no one's fault but the lazy.

    Mindy Kaling on her brother faking his ethnicity for college place: 'This will bring shame on our family' - 3am & Mirror Online
    That's interesting. My black friends (scattered all over the world) are almost all very well educated and what we would call solidly middle class or better (in the UK - I believe this would be considered upper middle class in the US). They sit on the boards of corporations, charitable foundations and museums, etc.

    They tell stories of getting degrees from excellent universities and being stuck being interns well past all their white classmates because no one would hire them, unless they had a family business to join. They have said they worked much longer hours than white peers once they finally were hired somewhere. They still usually cannot get a taxi at night, except for the short women. Nonetheless, they have managed to succeed.

    I have heard a couple of them admonishing their children (who all seem to be in posh private schools which have a very small minority of black children) that they need to work much harder, they need to do much better than all their white classmates if they want any of the opportunities that are normally reserved for white people.

    I only mention it because I have never heard any of them talk about black people as being lazy and having lots of opportunity, although lazy people obviously come in every colour skin. So it's a different kind of perspective, and for myself, it serves as a reminder that just because you speak to someone who has an opinion on something, and seems to be some kind of authority, it doesn't mean you can generalise it across a wide group of people. Perhaps there are opportunities for black people in the south and not as many in New England (or old England!).

  31. #31
    dep30's Avatar
    dep30 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post

    That's interesting. My black friends (scattered all over the world) are almost all very well educated and what we would call solidly middle class or better (in the UK - I believe this would be considered upper middle class in the US). They sit on the boards of corporations, charitable foundations and museums, etc.

    They tell stories of getting degrees from excellent universities and being stuck being interns well past all their white classmates because no one would hire them, unless they had a family business to join. They have said they worked much longer hours than white peers once they finally were hired somewhere. They still usually cannot get a taxi at night, except for the short women. Nonetheless, they have managed to succeed.

    I have heard a couple of them admonishing their children (who all seem to be in posh private schools which have a very small minority of black children) that they need to work much harder, they need to do much better than all their white classmates if they want any of the opportunities that are normally reserved for white people.

    I only mention it because I have never heard any of them talk about black people as being lazy and having lots of opportunity, although lazy people obviously come in every colour skin. So it's a different kind of perspective, and for myself, it serves as a reminder that just because you speak to someone who has an opinion on something, and seems to be some kind of authority, it doesn't mean you can generalise it across a wide group of people. Perhaps there are opportunities for black people in the south and not as many in New England (or old England!).
    I've never been to Europe nor do I pretend I know of society there but I can assure you ma'am that in the United states what I say rings true and like I said ask any "real black person" (the black people will know what I mean here) living in the u.s. and they will tell you the opportunity for those willing to work hard are there more for black citizens than they are for other races... Google is your friend the statistics are there if Ur willing to look for it. Here's a scenario: if three students apply for medical school one Asian with a 4.0 gpa, one white with a 3.9 gpa, and one black with a 3.5 gpa which one would you think would be accepted to med school above the others? (were talking about in the United states) I have a family friend that's on the admissions board for a university in the u.s. (who happens to be black) and they said 100% of the time the black student will be accepted above the others... In your friends case If your talking about racial profiling that's another subject or someone getting a promotion over someone else.. who's to say Ur friend isn't a team player, or maybe isn't a productive employee, or maybe just a plain a$$ hole who knows... And how did they make it to sit on boards or big companies and museums if they had to work for their family businesses??? if they were being suppressed??? Do you see how your story contradicts itself? Privilege is an opportunity afforded to you just because of who you are. Privlage has nothing to do with not being able to hale a cab at night that's another subject "racism" which I strongly oppose btw and the same goes to you just because you speak to someone who has an opinion on something in no way makes you an authority on the subject...

    Good day ma'am
    Last edited by dep30; 05-14-2015 at 10:23 AM.

  32. #32
    thisAngelBites's Avatar
    thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    somewhere near London
    Posts
    1,396
    Most of those black friends are in the US. And they are real black people.

    My friends have had different experiences, which means that all those black people in the US have not had identical experiences. (<-----shocking, I know!)

    And with regards to authority - I think my point escaped you. I was talking about how to you, the black people you know say something about being black, and you take it to be authoritative. My black friends have had different experiences, and I take that to be authoritative. I was saying we are both wrong.

  33. #33
    dep30's Avatar
    dep30 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    Most of those black friends are in the US. And they are real black people.

    My friends have had different experiences, which means that all those black people in the US have not had identical experiences. (<-----shocking, I know!)

    And with regards to authority - I think my point escaped you. I was talking about how to you, the black people you know say something about being black, and you take it to be authoritative. My black friends have had different experiences, and I take that to be authoritative. I was saying we are both wrong.
    Your point may have escaped me as you say but the subject is white privilege... Not racism some of the points you brought up were racism which is out there and not cool

  34. #34
    HitIt's Avatar
    HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dirty South, GA Coast
    Posts
    1,705
    From his book "My Larger Education", 1911:

    “There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs – partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.” -Booker T. Washington. Educator, Advisor to Presidents, and former Slave

    In the US there are problems for sure, and as you can see, they've been around for no less than 100 years...

  35. #35
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is online now The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    22,800
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    it is basically a small store that sells everything and run by foreigners
    And in NY many of them sell the best drugs

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  36. #36
    -Horus-'s Avatar
    -Horus- is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    ^^^^ that about covers it.

    Are there people who are prejudices or racist, yes of course. Always have been always will be.

    Is there injustice? Yes just look at informative action. You have to hire someone because of the color of their skin or race/gender and not because of qualifications is wrong.

    White actually being privileged on any large scale is ridiculous. Is it statistically accurate to say whites do better in some industries sure, its just statistics. Black's do better in in most sports, Asians do better scholastically and so on and so forth. Its just how it works.
    I think its out there but lessening. and i believe major earners at the top happen to be white due to the bad racial injustices of the past and there is still a rippling effect from that. add that to pissed off colored people and what has been done in the passed and their youths also lashing out in many ways (rightfully so but in wrong ways, in many cases) just feeding some stereotypes... well... its a bad pattern... but I have hopes for future. soon we will be mostly one color anyways.. just my idea on it..

  37. #37
    thisAngelBites's Avatar
    thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    somewhere near London
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by dep30 View Post
    Your point may have escaped me as you say but the subject is white privilege... Not racism some of the points you brought up were racism which is out there and not cool
    I am not as convinced as you that racism and white privilege are completely different things. I think white privilege is something that emerges from how society views race generally, and without the racism (and historical racism), white privilege would not exist. The privilege is the manifestation of how white people get to (mostly) live without racism, but it is the racism itself that demonstrates how white people are free of it.

    In my earlier example about a friend I am thinking of that cannot hail a taxi, especially at night, I agree that he is experiencing racism. But in contradistinction is the white privilege that taxis don't not stop (pardon my illustrative double negative) for white people because they are white.

  38. #38
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites

    I am not as convinced as you that racism and white privilege are completely different things. I think white privilege is something that emerges from how society views race generally, and without the racism (and historical racism), white privilege would not exist. The privilege is the manifestation of how white people get to (mostly) live without racism, but it is the racism itself that demonstrates how white people are free of it.

    In my earlier example about a friend I am thinking of that cannot hail a taxi, especially at night, I agree that he is experiencing racism. But in contradistinction is the white privilege that taxis don't not stop (pardon my illustrative double negative) for white people because they are white.
    There's privilege and racism for every race.....

    Privilege: minorities (non white) get discounts with schooling.

    Racism: whites get pulled over frequently in hood areas for being white. Why? Because its assumed they're buying drugs.

    In NJ black applicants to the NJ state police and also fire fighters are allowed lower testing scores. This is to allow for more racially diverse LE and Emergency response.

    None of it is fair IMO.....
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  39. #39
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    Look at the NFL..... They're REQUIRED to interview minorities for head coaching and high level positions. It's called the Rooney rule and was put into effect in 2003.

    Was there a lack of minorities in head coaching? Yes. My question is tho..... Why does being a minority make you qualified for the position. Sure you may have the qualifications but forcing a team to interview based on race seems to me like it helps keep the eve issue alive.

    Racism will never die because the media and those who benefit from it won't let it.
    songdog likes this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  40. #40
    Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A world without islam!!!!
    Posts
    6,940
    Im a 26 year old european white catholic male in a white Christian country. I don't even get noticed in the streets. But i noticed when a black african walks down the street people seem to stare. a pair of shoes was stolen from my outside neighbors house he blames the african i just laughed and said you got no proof. Its properly just some kid. Or even a dog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •