Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By symphonyofdreams
  • 1 Post By MR-FQ320
  • 1 Post By musclestack

Thread: Most Genetic body parts

symphonyofdreams is offline Junior Member

Most Genetic body parts

Obviously every muscle is influenced by genetics, but what i've noticed throughout the years is Calves are by far number 1 genetic influenced muscle. my list in order
    1) Calves
    2) Chest
    3) Abs
    4) Forearms
    5) Arms

seems like the least genetic body part is shoulders/ traps, seems like everyone on gear has strong shoulders. Quads seem like another muscle everyone can develop with hard work. what do you guys think?

Blog Entries
    Really? I don't think shoulders at all... Nobody has ever said "Your shoulders are too overdeveloped" to a bodybuilder... Or "Shoulders are too big in proportion to the rest of the arm".. You see guys all the time with just naturally big above the chest their shoulder/trap areas just have more meat and more room for growth.. I would say chest would be #1 though.. I'm glad i was blessed with it but at the expense of bad arm and waist genetics

Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post
    Really? I don't think shoulders at all... Nobody has ever said "Your shoulders are too overdeveloped" to a bodybuilder... Or "Shoulders are too big in proportion to the rest of the arm".. You see guys all the time with just naturally big above the chest their shoulder/trap areas just have more meat and more room for growth.. I would say chest would be #1 though.. I'm glad i was blessed with it but at the expense of bad arm and waist genetics

I guess it depends on what your into physique wise, but to me i think modern bodybuilders are too shoulder dominate in comparison to guys in the 70's especially arnold that was more chest dominate. That said i don't have a problem with huge shoulders as long as chest is up to par, but i think the massive shoulder/ small chest look is horrible.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Calves are the most neglected muscle, not the worst muscle genetically. Very few people hit calves as often as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Calves are the most neglected muscle, not the worst muscle genetically. Very few people hit calves as often as they should.
    how many times a week are you finding works best?

Quote Originally Posted by symphonyofdreams
    how many times a week are you finding works best?
    personally I've found that hitting calves every other day is getting mine to grow. Still small though but we will see over the next 12 months

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    I guess it depends on what your into physique wise, but to me i think modern bodybuilders are too shoulder dominate in comparison to guys in the 70's especially arnold that was more chest dominate. That said i don't have a problem with huge shoulders as long as chest is up to par, but i think the massive shoulder/ small chest look is horrible.
    Is that my look ?

monster-ish is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100
    I would have to agree.. I think traps are definitely genetic influenced. Look at guys like Kai Greene who has always had weak shoulders compared to his arms chest/ etc. I also agree that some ppl don't focus on all groups of muscles evenly so that might be why we see this happening

Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    Is that my look ?
    I don't see any pics, how do i find them?

I don't see any pics, how do i find them?
    This
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Most Genetic body parts-image-199624129.jpg  

This
    Id prefer more chest, but overall looking really good.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Looking great FQ. Now let's see the wheels!

I also have big shoulders in relation to my flat chest. I hate it. Trying new routines now to hopefully get it to 'pop'.

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack
    Looking great FQ. Now let's see the wheels! I also have big shoulders in relation to my flat chest. I hate it. Trying new routines now to hopefully get it to 'pop'.
    Yea, I know my chest needs development, iv been reading how to attack it differently to stimulate growth, also high reps seem to be better for some body parts and low reps for others, that's just my current theory, quads need work too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Most Genetic body parts-image-4252359631.jpg  

Yea, I know my chest needs development, iv been reading how to attack it differently to stimulate growth, also high reps seem to be better for some body parts and low reps for others, that's just my current theory, quads need work too.

My training partner has bad chest genetics, super shoulder dominate. one thing that is actually working great is all his bench pressing is done with a pause. takes the stretch reflex out and really makes the chest work hard.
    musclestack likes this.

My training partner has bad chest genetics, super shoulder dominate. one thing that is actually working great is all his bench pressing is done with a pause. takes the stretch reflex out and really makes the chest work hard.
    Nice tip, I'll try that.

Your quads are nothing to scuff about. Honestly, they looked smaller in the first photo, which is why I asked. But they look like they're coming along nicely. Overall, great build and looking awesome. Any idea what bf% you are (sorry if I missed you posting this above)?

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack
    Your quads are nothing to scuff about. Honestly, they looked smaller in the first photo, which is why I asked. But they look like they're coming along nicely. Overall, great build and looking awesome. Any idea what bf% you are (sorry if I missed you posting this above)?
    Thanks man!

Totally non - scientific data and only going off other people's pictures and opinions, , I reckon 8% +\~ 2%
    NACH3 likes this.

Thanks man!

Totally non - scientific data and only going off other people's pictures and opinions, , I reckon 8% +\~ 2%
    I would agree with that. 6-8%. After this next clean bulk, I'm going to try to get as lean as possible. Do you find that you maintain well at this bodyfat, or do you really have to work to get and stay there? Any certain compounds you respond well to while cutting, or is it just diet/cardio/genetics for you? Obviously, you wouldn't look like that if your diet/training weren't dialed in, but have you found anything to help aid in the process?
    MR-FQ320 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    I would agree with that. 6-8%. After this next clean bulk, I'm going to try to get as lean as possible. Do you find that you maintain well at this bodyfat, or do you really have to work to get and stay there? Any certain compounds you respond well to while cutting, or is it just diet/cardio/genetics for you? Obviously, you wouldn't look like that if your diet/training weren't dialed in, but have you found anything to help aid in the process?
    Ok so, with that being the most in depth question as of yet to my training progress I shall give it the attention it deserves.

For me maintaining this low bf is hard work, I am in no way genetically gifted at all, carbs are my double edged sword, learn to carb cycle effectivley and consistently, I someimes wish i had another 10% more determination and will power, I experimented with carbs ( and chocolate lol) too much. I am hungry all the time, I am low blood sugar all the time, I cant sleep properly, It will be intresting to see what bf I can maintain at with diet dialled in to carb cycling and no compounds apart from a TRT dose of test.

Regards compounds, T3 is a waste of time IMO ( If i was maybe above 15% it would be ok ), Tren : i seemed to have all sides with no strength increase, test is test, clen and ephedrine is where the fat loss happened, ADROL rocks ! get to say less than 10% and start on drol - 50 mg a day and maybe bump to 100, the shape that came out of the muscle was unreal - i did start weight training twice a day at this stage too, I do love my bike cardio though, i could eat a binge and burn it off on the bike the same day.

hope that answers most stuff

Ok so, with that being the most in depth question as of yet to my training progress I shall give it the attention it deserves.

For me maintaining this low bf is hard work, I am in no way genetically gifted at all, carbs are my double edged sword, learn to carb cycle effectivley and consistently, I someimes wish i had another 10% more determination and will power, I experimented with carbs ( and chocolate lol) too much. I am hungry all the time, I am low blood sugar all the time, I cant sleep properly, It will be intresting to see what bf I can maintain at with diet dialled in to carb cycling and no compounds apart from a TRT dose of test.

Regards compounds, T3 is a waste of time IMO ( If i was maybe above 15% it would be ok ), Tren : i seemed to have all sides with no strength increase, test is test, clen and ephedrine is where the fat loss happened, ADROL rocks ! get to say less than 10% and start on drol - 50 mg a day and maybe bump to 100, the shape that came out of the muscle was unreal - i did start weight training twice a day at this stage too, I do love my bike cardio though, i could eat a binge and burn it off on the bike the same day.

hope that answers most stuff
    Well, thanks for taking the time to respond! The only thing I have against T3 is that it doesn't discriminate what it burns (both fat AND lbm). I tried Tren a loong time ago (when I was too young, sadly), and I loved the gains from it. The only part I hated was the night sweats. I'm going to be running NPP this time around and comparing it with Tren. Agreed on Test; I prefer Prop. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the 'harder' orals. I tried dbol and Drol in the past and I felt that all I gained was water weight, only to be pi*sed out once I discontinued. I prefer dry gains. I've also tried Clen once, but even at lower doses, I get the shakes so bad! I also get this syndrome where my jaw gets tight and everything I say seems to be mumbled when I take it, along with anxiety. I may give the ECA stack a try though! Have you ever tried Albuterol? Most people say it's not as effective as Clen, but it has much less sides. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    Well, thanks for taking the time to respond! The only thing I have against T3 is that it doesn't discriminate what it burns (both fat AND lbm). I tried Tren a loong time ago (when I was too young, sadly), and I loved the gains from it. The only part I hated was the night sweats. I'm going to be running NPP this time around and comparing it with Tren. Agreed on Test; I prefer Prop. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the 'harder' orals. I tried dbol and Drol in the past and I felt that all I gained was water weight, only to be pi*sed out once I discontinued. I prefer dry gains. I've also tried Clen once, but even at lower doses, I get the shakes so bad! I also get this syndrome where my jaw gets tight and everything I say seems to be mumbled when I take it, along with anxiety. I may give the ECA stack a try though! Have you ever tried Albuterol? Most people say it's not as effective as Clen, but it has much less sides. Any thoughts?
    Lol, I can relate all what youre saying bro, I absolutely agree 100pc about t3, it even burnt muscle (glycogen) with tren ( ****ed with my diet numbers and zapped muscle fullness ), the jury is still out on TYren for me ( the gf hates it as it nearly split us up and I moved out anyway - it makes me a real asshole, size not so good with it tbh), I loved NPP, awesome size and strength gains, i did liquid (oil injectable) dbol with prop and npp and loved it, i would maybe go for liquid adrol next time too. i loved clen , then hated and loved it again. yeah lock jaw i call it, its like ecstacy or something, my T5 had ECA and DMAA in, this caused this too, strange, but i just went with it and concentrated on the goal, it wore off after 10 days or so, Not tried Alb, i know the half life is a lot less, but not tried it. I bulked up with prop, npp and dbol - did 5x5 strength, then cut with prop and tren, clen, cardio, diet, moved onto isolation and then moved onto 10x10.

Obviously every muscle is influenced by genetics, but what i've noticed throughout the years is Calves are by far number 1 genetic influenced muscle. my list in order 1) Calves 2) Chest 3) Abs 4) Forearms 5) Arms seems like the least genetic body part is shoulders/ traps, seems like everyone on gear has strong shoulders. Quads seem like another muscle everyone can develop with hard work. what do you guys think?
    You know what I think ? That as we kiss, we are developing all the time, that these "genetics" are forged from birth and that our body composition is formed during these earlier years. I always thought my calves were generous because my dad made me walk miles at a brisk pace with him, but there again I was always a stronger swimmer at backstroke than say breast stroke, and it's clear to see which is my stronger body part of the two.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    interesting discussion.

i think genetics is the main factor for all muscle groups. hard to rank in my view as the ability to grow with or without gear almost certainly is affected by genetics at a per-bodypart level.

Quote Originally Posted by bartman314
    interesting discussion. i think genetics is the main factor for all muscle groups. hard to rank in my view as the ability to grow with or without gear almost certainly is affected by genetics at a per-bodypart level.
    Your correct, genetics are the first and last determining factor. Although there have been some mr Olympias that didn't have the greatest genetics. They still came out as number 1 in the sport though, hard work can trump genetics most of the time IMO

jackfrost88 is offline Associate Member
    From what I have observed, calves are a obviously a large one.

Surprised nobody said lats, some people have one's that connect low, and others do not.

Also chest. No matter how hard some people work, they do not have a chest that pops out and gives that thick look

Quote Originally Posted by jackfrost88 View Post
    From what I have observed, calves are a obviously a large one.

Surprised nobody said lats, some people have one's that connect low, and others do not.

Also chest. No matter how hard some people work, they do not have a chest that pops out and gives that thick look

I meant purely in terms of muscle growth. genetics obviously create the insertions and muscle bellies that make certain muscles good or bad for bodybuilding. Lats being a big one. But i think in terms of growth it seems anyone can get large lats

jackfrost88 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symphonyofdreams View Post
    I meant purely in terms of muscle growth. genetics obviously create the insertions and muscle bellies that make certain muscles good or bad for bodybuilding. Lats being a big one. But i think in terms of growth it seems anyone can get large lats
    I guess in terms of sheer size you are talking about then and not shape? I would still go with calves and chest. Maybe forearms as well

Quote Originally Posted by jackfrost88 View Post
    I guess in terms of sheer size you are talking about then and not shape? I would still go with calves and chest. Maybe forearms as well
    Ya that's what i'm talking about.

SG2009 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symphonyofdreams View Post
    Obviously every muscle is influenced by genetics, but what i've noticed throughout the years is Calves are by far number 1 genetic influenced muscle. my list in order
    1) Calves
    2) Chest
    3) Abs
    4) Forearms
    5) Arms

seems like the least genetic body part is shoulders/ traps, seems like everyone on gear has strong shoulders. Quads seem like another muscle everyone can develop with hard work. what do you guys think?
    thinks your guess is fair and reasonalble however I would advise u seek such answer in medical journals that focus on genetics and sport science perhaps. goodluck

Thread Information