Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: Any car dealers/ financers???

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Any car dealers/ financers???

Ok long story and will try to make it simple.

Traded in the wifes Toyota camry last year for a mazda cx-5. both are leases.

We turned it in an year early. Paid a little extra to get out of the lease. Which probably was a bad idea in itself but we wanted out of it.

So we have had the mazda for a year now. When Toyota comes at us originally for one payment and disibution fee. We contacted mazda and they agreed that was their fault and agreed to pay.

Now we get a bill from Toyota for wear and tear. Charging us for tires and something with one of the doors. They sent pictures. Charging us for all hub caps. One picture is showing one of the hub caps missing and charging 400 just for that tire.

When we turned it in the hubcap was there, but no way to prove that.

The thing is, Toyotas inspection date of the lease was a year after we turned it in.

So bill now is 1450$. 670 mazda will take care of. But any way of getting out of the rest of this bill??? IT is our fault we didn't take pics of the car when we turned it in.

It would not be worth hiring a lawyer to fight this....but what other options do we have??

When we turned thecar in, it was barely 2yrs old with only 17k miles on it. Theres no way it needed new tires.

Any advice would be appreciated.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Tell them to pound sand and thanks for convincing you to NEVER lease another Toyota again as well as share your experience on social Media.

Tell them they have no legal grounds since their expection date is 1yr after you turned it in when it should have been done in less than 30 days. Tell them you have proof that all hubcaps were in tact when it was dropped off via pictures you took at the dealership date and time stamped and you have a private inspection done the day before that proves nothing was wrong mechanically or physical damage. Yes this is a bluff but they have no way to prove different and if they want proof say no problem, you will supply it in court when you go, have their attorney request it after a court hearing has been set, not before.

Tire wear and tear should not be part of the fee, check your lease contract and then ask them to point out in the lease where it says you are liable for normal wear and tear?

Make sure to mention with all the recent bad publicity Toyota has do they really want more. I would make sure to note on the letter or email you have also sent this to xyz higher up in the corporation and they will probably back off.

I spent about 1yr dealing with GMC after returning a vehicle under the lemon law but when push came to shove they did back down.

No dont hire a lawyer but dont tell them that. Bluff all the way. Tell them you have no problem going to court. 99% they are just bluffing and trying to extort extra money out of you.

I was just reading most states have a 90 day to dispute the wear and tear on lease return but some are as short as 10 days so file it quickly. Still I dont think they have a leg to stand on.

I would also start by going to your local dealer or online dealer ship and price the exact hub cap. They can not legally charge you more than the dealer price so that alone should prove it's a scam and will get thrown out of court so they will not pursue it.

https://www.toyotafinancial.com/pub/...ear---use.html
    Last edited by lovbyts; 06-30-2015 at 02:38 AM.

Thanks lovbyts

She called this morning. She was nice though lol. They do agree this inspection should not have taken a year and r looking into it. And will get back. I give them until monday. Until I call.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Thanks lovbyts

She called this morning. She was nice though lol. They do agree this inspection should not have taken a year and r looking into it. And will get back. I give them until monday. Until I call.
    From what I read dont expect them to actually look into anything and only continue to bill you and call requesting money. I would not send them 1 penny and say you are referring this to your attorney and request they send you ALL the documentation broken down charge by charge with pictures and legal documentation stating this was done within the proper time because all the documentation YOU found says it's not and you are forwarding it to your attorney for review.

Dont fall for their BS bluff. You can see a lot of people have had similar issues with them and Toyota never does what they say they will.

Top 142 Complaints and Reviews about Toyota Financial Services

Make sure anything they tell you that you also get it in writing.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 06-30-2015 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

From what I read dont expect them to actually look into anything and only continue to bill you and call requesting money. I would not send them 1 penny and say you are referring this to your attorney and request they send you ALL the documentation broken down charge by charge with pictures and legal documentation stating this was done within the proper time because all the documentation YOU found says it's not and you are forwarding it to your attorney for review.

Dont fall for their BS bluff. You can see a lot of people have had similar issues with them and Toyota never does what they say they will.

Top 142 Complaints and Reviews about Toyota Financial Services

Make sure anything they tell you that you also get it in writing.
    Yeah that's all we read too. Same exact issues. We will fight this.

Only issue I have is that I spoke to a friend's husband ...who is head financial of another car company. He said no matter if it's one payment missing or the entire lease. If it hits her credit. The credit will basically show that the car was repoed

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Yeah that's all we read too. Same exact issues. We will fight this.

Only issue I have is that I spoke to a friend's husband ...who is head financial of another car company. He said no matter if it's one payment missing or the entire lease. If it hits her credit. The credit will basically show that the car was repoed
    Yeah so get that in writing also that they wont then if they do you can send it to the credit reporting agents and have it taken off. Even if they do you can still write them to dispute it. Ive done it long time ago and got things removed.

Make sure to keep us or at least me updated on how things turn out. I'm really curious on what they try to pull next.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you talking to Toyota directly or to a dealership?

If complaining make sure you address it to Toyota North America.
    lovbyts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Make sure to keep us or at least me updated on how things turn out. I'm really curious on what they try to pull next.
    Lovbyts I will keep u posted man. Gonna give it until Monday befor next call.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Are you talking to Toyota directly or to a dealership?

If complaining make sure you address it to Toyota North America.
    I let the wife make the first call. I believe she called Toyota Financial

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Great advice by lovebyts... thats why I love this forum. You can come here and get great advice on just about anything. That whole situation is BS man... hope everything works out for you.

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    dam I was thinking about getting a Toyota truck they do make high quality vehicles but fux all that

Thread Information