Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree19Likes
  • 5 Post By musclestack
  • 5 Post By NACH3
  • 1 Post By TheTaxMan
  • 5 Post By kelkel
  • 2 Post By novastepp
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: Insecure Haters

  1. #1
    musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,093

    Insecure Haters

    I get a lot of 'suggested posts' when scrolling through my facebook newsfeed, and the majority of them are fitness related (based on my internet searches). For example, there will be a picture of a jacked, shredded guy or a video of someone moving a large amount of weight. Sometimes, I go to the comments section because I know there will be a lot of people there that have something negative to say about said post. You'll see comments such as "Bet he can't even wipe his own a** since he's so big" or "You think you're tough because you can lift that much" or "Bet I get laid more than you, and I don't even work out".

    It seems to me that these people try to make the person in the post look insecure by telling them that no matter how big they are or how much they can lift, they're over-compensating by going to the gym. What's funny about this is that the people making these comments don't even realize their own insecurity/jealousy. Sometimes I'll view these peoples' profiles, and they seem to always have something in common: they're either toothpick skinny or they're chubby/fat. Any semi-intelligent person can see that these people envy the person in the post. It's like they're saying "Let me dim this guy's light since mine doesn't shine bright enough". Now, I will fully admit that there are gym-goers that are insecure and do, in fact, go to the gym in order to compensate for something else lacking in their life (I call these types 'bros'). But the fact is that the people bashing these individuals are absolutely no better than the ones they are bashing. I, personally, do not go to the gym in order to establish some sort of 'dominance' over my fellow man. I genuinely love to move heavy weight. Some people like to fish, some like cars, some like to go home and drink beer...I don't care; do what you want. But don't talk s**t on me for doing what I love to do either.

    Here's a FACT, people: Confident people don't degrade others; they build them up. And here's another fact: Even someone of average intellect can pick out an insecure person by seeing/hearing them degrade others. You're not doing yourself any favors, you're just showcasing how 'small' of a man you are.

    Obviously, this goes well beyond the fitness industry. Just take a look around. No matter what it is, insecure people will always congratulate you on your success unless you're more successful than them. This is why I have a VERY small social circle. I surround myself with people who help me on my journey to success, whether that be in the gym, my education, or my career, and in turn, I build them up as well. I like people who challenge me to do great things, not bring me down to their level because they don't want me to be as 'great' as they are.

    So, I guess this started out with what I wanted to be an observational post, and it turned into a rant lol. Anyone else care to share their thoughts on this matter?

  2. #2
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,476
    Insecure Haters-image-3495903574.jpg

  3. #3
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Neurologically Intact
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    11,735
    Blog Entries
    2
    Oh yeah, the dumb shit I hear


    Straight haters, in every form hating on what they are not willing to work for.

  4. #4
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Misery loves Company, Musclestack! That's a fact I believe you touched on it very well!

    I'll share a story that started back up about 9-10months ago regarding my transformation (my pics are in my profile)... I started out at a very light & very weak 170(maybe soaking wet) and that was heavy coming back from my accident! So, I started back out like anyone - with a mission, but it was much different this time around(with what I've gone thru/endured over the past 8-15yrs... 2 incidents)...

    I was benching(incline) using the Smith machine... This monster walks up and says I need that machine... I literally, LOL, and said your going to have to wait or work in... He says I can work out with you, your way to weak and I'm way to strong! I said well wait then(and yelled I'll be pushin' 3+ wheels aside within 2 months), he LOLOL! Needless to say Since I've put on 35+lbs of LBM and was pushing just as much as this 250-60lb guy... He's so nice to me now(it makes me want to puke in my mouth)... Unfortunately this is human nature at its worst :/

    I guess what I'm saying is when I gained the muscle I have in just about a yr, I've seen and heard it all - you'll never get 315 - you'll never be 200lbs... That's the motivation I like! I like to prove others and myself wrong! or to build someone up(I get stuff thrown at me like - man I'll never be as big as you etc etc... I'll sit down and talk with them(after my w/o obviously lol) and say I use to think the same thing - I'll never be built well again etc -
    I'll never forget this quote as long as I live... "He/she who thinks they can, and he/she who thinks they can't, are both usually right!" Confucius

    Build the people up around you not bring them down for you to stand out... That's completely unacceptable - if you want to turn heads put in the damn work that needs to be put in!
    Last edited by NACH3; 01-07-2016 at 01:07 PM.

  5. #5
    TheTaxMan's Avatar
    TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    3,395
    I do the exact same thing muscle stack.
    Some comments on these posts "the guys on growth" "he looks like a twat" "anyone can get like that with roids"

    I become annoyed and start itching to give my opinion and explain the effort required but know the dumb replies il get back which i cant be arsed to deal with.

    Let them hate, let them get on with their boring lifestyles, i pray on jealousy
    musclestack likes this.

  6. #6
    MrFreshmaker's Avatar
    MrFreshmaker is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    529
    And the worst thing is,when they think protein powder is a miracle steroid ...

  7. #7
    musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,093
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    I do the exact same thing muscle stack.
    Some comments on these posts "the guys on growth" "he looks like a twat" "anyone can get like that with roids"

    I become annoyed and start itching to give my opinion and explain the effort required but know the dumb replies il get back which i cant be arsed to deal with.

    Let them hate, let them get on with their boring lifestyles, i pray on jealousy
    I hear ya, Tax. Admittedly, there is a small part of me that wants to reply to some of those comments, but then I have to step back and realize that, by replying, I would only be admitting that their opinion effects me in some way. I mean, let's be honest, I'll never give someone (like that) that much credibility lol.

    ...unless, of course, I'm ranting about it on here lol!
    Last edited by musclestack; 01-07-2016 at 02:51 PM.

  8. #8
    musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,093
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Misery loves Company, Musclestack! That's a fact I believe you touched on it very well!

    I'll share a story that started back up about 9-10months ago regarding my transformation (my pics are in my profile)... I started out at a very light & very weak 170(maybe soaking wet) and that was heavy coming back from my accident! So, I started back out like anyone - with a mission, but it was much different this time around(with what I've gone thru/endured over the past 8-15yrs... 2 incidents)...

    I was benching(incline) using the Smith machine... This monster walks up and says I need that machine... I literally, LOL, and said your going to have to wait or work in... He says I can work out with you, your way to weak and I'm way to strong! I said well wait then(and yelled I'll be pushin' 3+ wheels aside within 2 months), he LOLOL! Needless to say Since I've put on 35+lbs of LBM and was pushing just as much as this 250-60lb guy... He's so nice to me now(it makes me want to puke in my mouth)... Unfortunately this is human nature at its worst :/

    I guess what I'm saying is when I gained the muscle I have in just about a yr, I've seen and heard it all - you'll never get 315 - you'll never be 200lbs... That's the motivation I like! I like to prove others and myself wrong! or to build someone up(I get stuff thrown at me like - man I'll never be as big as you etc etc... I'll sit down and talk with them(after my w/o obviously lol) and say I use to think the same thing - I'll never be built well again etc -
    I'll never forget this quote as long as I live... "He/she who thinks they can, and he/she who thinks they can't, are both usually right!" Confucius

    Build the people up around you not bring them down for you to stand out... That's completely unacceptable - if you want to turn heads put in the damn work that needs to be put in!
    Agreed with everything, NACH. To reiterate part of my original post, it just goes to show that many gym-goers also look down and try to belittle those they perceive as 'beneath' them. Either way, it all stems from the same flawed trait: Insecurity. This is not a position of power; it's one of weakness.

    This is no different than when I see a post that says "Real women have curves". Let's be completely honest here; this is only said to make women with "generous proportions" (I'm trying to be nice here lol) feel better about themselves by shaming thin women. The thought process here is: I'm too lazy to get in shape, so instead, it might be easier if I change mens' perspective of what beauty is and call other women who are fit or have average proportions "not real women". Yea, that will make me feel better about myself.

  9. #9
    73rr's Avatar
    73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Misery loves Company, Musclestack! That's a fact I believe you touched on it very well!

    I'll share a story that started back up about 9-10months ago regarding my transformation (my pics are in my profile)... I started out at a very light & very weak 170(maybe soaking wet) and that was heavy coming back from my accident! So, I started back out like anyone - with a mission, but it was much different this time around(with what I've gone thru/endured over the past 8-15yrs... 2 incidents)...

    I was benching(incline) using the Smith machine... This monster walks up and says I need that machine... I literally, LOL, and said your going to have to wait or work in... He says I can work out with you, your way to weak and I'm way to strong! I said well wait then(and yelled I'll be pushin' 3+ wheels aside within 2 months), he LOLOL! Needless to say Since I've put on 35+lbs of LBM and was pushing just as much as this 250-60lb guy... He's so nice to me now(it makes me want to puke in my mouth)... Unfortunately this is human nature at its worst :/

    I guess what I'm saying is when I gained the muscle I have in just about a yr, I've seen and heard it all - you'll never get 315 - you'll never be 200lbs... That's the motivation I like! I like to prove others and myself wrong! or to build someone up(I get stuff thrown at me like - man I'll never be as big as you etc etc... I'll sit down and talk with them(after my w/o obviously lol) and say I use to think the same thing - I'll never be built well again etc -
    I'll never forget this quote as long as I live... "He/she who thinks they can, and he/she who thinks they can't, are both usually right!" Confucius

    Build the people up around you not bring them down for you to stand out... That's completely unacceptable - if you want to turn heads put in the damn work that needs to be put in!
    There's a big group of guys at my gym that play that Sh** to the new guys all the time! I don't talk much at the gym but I really hate seeing ppl do that to someone's self confidence (probably because alot of the time my confidence is down).

    How are new guys/girls supposed learn and become consistent if your going to make them feel unwanted or down about themselfs.

  10. #10
    diesel101's Avatar
    diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    upper midwest
    Posts
    4,319
    We all joke about the new years resolutioners in the gym but I do remember I was there a couple of times so I always try and say hello or something to make them feel comfortable when I'm coming or going from my workout( but once my ear buds go in leave me the f**k alone).

  11. #11
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,584
    It's like hearing people say "I'd look like that if I did steroids " bullshyt. I have more discipline in my little finger than they do in their entire body, imho. Pisses me off. If steroids were all it took then we'd all look like Arnold.


    Insecure Haters-11053133_720505394721063_2978104650900727471_n.jpg
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  12. #12
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    I think that for those who take training, diet, and bodybuilding (or whatever they call it) seriously, a shift needs to occur where we all realize we are not competing against anyone other than ourselves on a daily basis. We need to support one another to make our own gains lift after lift, week after week, year after year. This is the mindset that is missing from many guys in this lifestyle.

    I'm guilty of this myself at times of weakness, but I have consciously decided to make the change and always try my best to help others improve and judge myself by myself. I've talked to many young guys about this to help them understand that they should be excited to see someone else succeed, someone else hit a PR or make gains.

    It doesn't make you smaller to see someone else get bigger.

    It doesn't help anyone to tell someone they look bad or aren't up to some standard, when they only standard they are trying to overcome is the standard they see of themselves.
    NACH3 and SlimmerMe like this.

  13. #13
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    There's a big group of guys at my gym that play that Sh** to the new guys all the time! I don't talk much at the gym but I really hate seeing ppl do that to someone's self confidence (probably because alot of the time my confidence is down).

    How are new guys/girls supposed learn and become consistent if your going to make them feel unwanted or down about themselfs.

    I hate hearing this ^^ kinda crap(they have insecurities as well) probly haven't grown in yrs... Use your anger to better yourself in a positive way!

    Our minds are the gateway to success or the gate that shuts and keeps us in fear of improving... Make your own destiny(or whatever you want to call it) but by actually saying it out loud it becomes much more real!
    SlimmerMe likes this.

  14. #14
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,646
    Staying healthy takes time dedication and commitment. The haters don't want to put in the effort so they make disparaging remarks of the results. Petty and jealous.

    Same with success. others put down because they can't figure out how to lift themselves up.

  15. #15
    AR's King Silabolin's Avatar
    AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    6,616
    There is no way a good clip can avoid the trolls. No matter what. If a clip showed Brad Pitt in his early 30s and the theme was about the proportions and lines in his face, ill bet a bunch of trolls managed to conclude he was kind of ugly.
    Worst i have ever seen are the trolls in pianas commentsection. And always hundreds of likes on the most ball-dick-natty-comment. Piana is the one who def not deserve that, beeing honest about everything and never talks shit about others and giving out, in my head, the best bb-tips for free on the net.
    Happily it seems he was able to beat the trolls with his new transformationshow, doing it almost impossible to not like the guy.
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 01-09-2016 at 01:19 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •