Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By BG
  • 1 Post By GirlyGymRat
  • 1 Post By bsh

Thread: Bored and a in rut.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member

Bored and a in rut.

Does anyone else ever feel like you are in a rut and extremely bored with your life.
    My life is awesome and I am very lucky, I have a great wife and marriage,great kids, financially I am doing very well I have everything going in my favor.
    I am just bored and seems like there is no excitement or challange anymore. I have many hobbies (traveling,hunting,fishing,4 wheeling) that I enjoy but in whole life is just the same rut over and over.

I spent many years building my businesses that took long days,lots of stress and pressure and they are running smooth now and requires a lot less of my time. I don't know if its from spending all those years under that pressure and now that its gone I am missing it or what is going on. I really do not want that type of pressure in my life again because it was very stressful on my marriage and I did miss a lot of time with my kids.

I am not looking for a pitty party I know most people would love to be in my situation and I am very fortunate for my life.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever ran into this before.
    Last edited by diesel101; 03-30-2016 at 03:43 PM.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Of course. Happens to everyone. Just pick a small, fast hobby to do in the mean time.

Don't get a hard one though because life seems to jump back up in full speed with out telling you!

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    I know what your typing about being bored. I am bored as fvck being in retirement. You just need to find things to keep your mind active.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    This sounds like me atm - dead on

But, I blame my inner boredom on sobriety. After I got off the stims I never really came back the same. I'm aight - but, it's like damn near everything is just more boring.

Personally I thought it was all from the neurological damage I gave myself.

bsh
    bsh is offline Associate Member
    It's called a mid life crisis... Everyone goes thur it.. I did and surly handled it the wrong way and now I'm divorced. I had it all family business homes cars and it still wasn't enough and I went looking For excitement, unfortunately I found it and it turned out bad bro! So, if u are truly thankful for what u have better evaluate ur feeling a little closer! Not sayin' this to be mean but just as a word of caution... I would never want to see what happened to me places upon anyone else!
    Keep ur life fresh! Variety is the spice of life!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101
    Does anyone else ever feel like you are in a rut and extremely bored with your life. My life is awesome and I am very lucky, I have a great wife and marriage,great kids, financially I am doing very well I have everything going in my favor. I am just bored and seems like there is no excitement or challange anymore. I have many hobbies (traveling,hunting,fishing,4 wheeling) that I enjoy but in whole life is just the same rut over and over. I spent many years building my businesses that took long days,lots of stress and pressure and they are running smooth now and requires a lot less of my time. I don't know if its from spending all those years under that pressure and now that its gone I am missing it or what is going on. I really do not want that type of pressure in my life again because it was very stressful on my marriage and I did miss a lot of time with my kids. I am not looking for a pitty party I know most people would love to be in my situation and I am very fortunate for my life. Just wondering if anyone else has ever ran into this before.
    What are you passionate about?
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bsh
    It's called a mid life crisis... Everyone goes thur it.. I did and surly handled it the wrong way and now I'm divorced. I had it all family business homes cars and it still wasn't enough and I went looking For excitement, unfortunately I found it and it turned out bad bro! So, if u are truly thankful for what u have better evaluate ur feeling a little closer! Not sayin' this to be mean but just as a word of caution... I would never want to see what happened to me places upon anyone else! Keep ur life fresh!Variety is the spice of life!

This is def the case for most of us

Currently, one of my close friends is going through this shit. Straight left his wife, which I have been friends with for almost 20 years - for a straight skank. Had his shit down tight - straight left, out of nowhere.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Thing missing..........Jesus. Just saying
    diesel101, DOSA, Euroholic and 1 others like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    What are you passionate about?
    I would have to say the bodybuilding lifestyle is one of my biggest passions right now.
    I will admit with my personality I tend to take everything to the extreme that I do, I never test the water I normally jump in neck deep. Moderation has never been a strong trait for me.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    I would have to say the bodybuilding lifestyle is one of my biggest passions right now.
    I will admit with my personality I tend to take everything to the extreme that I do, I never test the water I normally jump in neck deep. Moderation has never been a strong trait for me.
    I would think most of us are like that on this forum

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by BG
    This is interesting comment. Some believe we are born with a void which can only be filled by Jesus. For non believers, atheists and agnostics this is a tough sell bc the world doesn't promote Godliness, at least IMHO.
    noon likes this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Does anyone else ever feel like you are in a rut and extremely bored with your life. My life is awesome and I am very lucky, I have a great wife and marriage,great kids, financially I am doing very well I have everything going in my favor. I am just bored and seems like there is no excitement or challange anymore. I have many hobbies (traveling,hunting,fishing,4 wheeling) that I enjoy but in whole life is just the same rut over and over. I spent many years building my businesses that took long days,lots of stress and pressure and they are running smooth now and requires a lot less of my time. I don't know if its from spending all those years under that pressure and now that its gone I am missing it or what is going on. I really do not want that type of pressure in my life again because it was very stressful on my marriage and I did miss a lot of time with my kids. I am not looking for a pitty party I know most people would love to be in my situation and I am very fortunate for my life. Just wondering if anyone else has ever ran into this before.
    I am in a rut too but I am also unhappy. In the past, I've volunteered and it seems to lift my spirits.

Blog Entries
    Fairly deep thread here

The interesting part is that I came to this void like feeling when I achieved the highest level of success after years of struggling.

A friend of mine that I talked to about this told me I am just addicted to stress and pressure.
    Last edited by diesel101; 03-31-2016 at 02:44 PM.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Void is perfect word for what I am feeling. I also started this feeling after accomplishing everything that I thought I wanted out of life.
    Set some new goals

Volunteer at a children's hospital

Teach others how to run a successful business

Start a podcast

Wrestle an alligator

bsh
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I am in a rut too but I am also unhappy. In the past, I've volunteered and it seems to lift my spirits.
    this... I discovered that as soon as I stopped thinking about myself and put others in front of me I started to receive so much more happiness..
    diesel101 likes this.

bsh
    A friend of mine that I talked to about this told me I am just addicted to stress and pressure.
    this could be true...

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I read a book about that bloke and his dad when i was at school

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Does anyone else ever feel like you are in a rut and extremely bored with your life.
    My life is awesome and I am very lucky, I have a great wife and marriage,great kids, financially I am doing very well I have everything going in my favor.
    I am just bored and seems like there is no excitement or challange anymore. I have many hobbies (traveling,hunting,fishing,4 wheeling) that I enjoy but in whole life is just the same rut over and over.

I spent many years building my businesses that took long days,lots of stress and pressure and they are running smooth now and requires a lot less of my time. I don't know if its from spending all those years under that pressure and now that its gone I am missing it or what is going on. I really do not want that type of pressure in my life again because it was very stressful on my marriage and I did miss a lot of time with my kids.

I am not looking for a pitty party I know most people would love to be in my situation and I am very fortunate for my life.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever ran into this before.
    You sure your testo is ok?. It could be so simple. If your are at 300-400 life would go and you easily do your day with your wife and money and you will not necessary loose your gains, but the eye of the tiger would be gone. And the burning for challenge. check it man:-)

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    Volunteer at a children's hospital
    Teach others how to run a successful business
    ^^ This ^^
    At first it may sound like a chore, but helping others with nothing to gain by it can be very fulfilling.

Thread Information