Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By laserbeast
  • 2 Post By diesel101
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By matri.x

Thread: How safe is your protein powder? MuscleTech-Optimum Nutriion-muslce Milk Under scope.

matri.x is offline Associate Member

How safe is your protein powder? MuscleTech-Optimum Nutriion-muslce Milk Under scope.

greetings everybody,

today i've got some lab tests to check for heavy metals presence in some famous protein powders. the tests are done by "consumer report" magazine. again, i haven't done the tests myself because it will cost a fortune and there is no need to re-invent the wheel. this maybe old news for some guys and surprise for others.

here i have the lab test results of ON, MuscleTech and muscle Milk. if you don't see your brand here, feel free to ask, so next time a get some info about it i will Mp you.

good reading,

Nizar Sport Science: How Safe Is Your Protein Powder? (Optimum Nutrition, MuscleTech and Bsn Under scope)

laserbeast is offline New Member
    What if I like heavy metal??

Seriously, though, thanks for the info. I'm nervous about the quality of a lot of "whole foods" as well. Farm-raised meats (i.e. tilapia) are likewise notorious for pollutants and often contain poor nutrient quality when compared to the "natural" versions of the same product.
    matri.x likes this.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I am not bashing anyone here but I think its funny when I hear a lot of body builders and health nuts complaining about
    the GMO food or They only buying Organic food because of the chemicals that Farmers and ranchers use in normal production. A lot of people are concerned with that but do not think twice about taking supplements,PWO's or injecting AAS from an UGL into their bodies.
    matri.x and laserbeast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    I am not bashing anyone here but I think its funny when I hear a lot of body builders and health nuts complaining about
    the GMO food or They only buying Organic food because of the chemicals that Farmers and ranchers use in normal production. A lot of people are concerned with that but do not think twice about taking supplements,PWO's or injecting AAS from an UGL into their bodies.
    as you know, heavy metals accumulate in the body. Food stays Num1 contaminant, because we consume tons of it monthly, unlike few grams of AAS or few Kilograms of supps. however there are some people who caught stomach cancer from ugly supps,,,,, be aware ! ! !

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Before we get all crazy about heavy metals in our supplements, .2 nanograms (2e-10) is a VERY VERY VERY SMALL AMOUNT. Hell, even 2 nanograms is a very small amount. Heavy metals are present in literally everything you consume (including the water you drink and the air you breathe).
    InternalFire likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Before we get all crazy about heavy metals in our supplements, .2 nanograms (2e-10) is a VERY VERY VERY SMALL AMOUNT. Hell, even 2 nanograms is a very small amount. Heavy metals are present in literally everything you consume (including the water you drink and the air you breathe).
    It's Micro Grams (1×10−3) of a milligram! not Nano Grams.

хорошо друг?

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    i drink it right put of tap.....just rub the right part and most women will squirt like crazy so i know it is very clean and drinkable

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I am pretty sure I have reached my quota of heavy metals in my system just from getting tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    I am pretty sure I have reached my quota of heavy metals in my system just from getting tattoos.
    i agree man, hahahah

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    sure man, i even said so. it's old news for some guys but still surprise for others
    Tigershark likes this.

Thread Information