Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GirlyGymRat
  • 1 Post By Hazard

Thread: credit card issues

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

credit card issues

So Friday I get a fraud protection text from my bank. Asking me about a 2.16$ charge...I don't think anything of it until I hear the date of the charge. It was that same day and I've been at work for 10hrs already and haven't used the card it 2 days (it's my debit card btw)

So I go to online banking and see another charge for a much greater amount. So call back fraud protection and deny all charges in question. Luckily they blocked all but one. The one didn't block they credited me the money within 6 hours. Which is great.

3 days later (I'm out of town on vaca) get another fraud protection call but from a totally different credit card (one I only use for vaca purposes).

Funny thing is its almost identical charges that come up. This time all charges were denied.

My question is, what did I do wrong here. How could 2 different cards not linked to each other in anyway be hacked (which seems like it's by the same people).

I think.my computer had a virus....could this be it? Could they remote linked into cpu and got.my info? I do pay my bills using my cpu. But even if they could get onto it....it doesn't give all info of the card.

There is only.one other thing I could think of, is maybe I used both cards online for something that I'm going to check right now. And if I did, that's how I think it happened. But will update.

Just curious if anyone has any opinions on what I could have possibly done wrong here to get two cards scammed.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    It's the north Koreans

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    It's the north Koreans
    Cali, new york, kansas

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    They have Chip readers and scanners that can get your cards information while they're in your pocket. There's card holders that can block the scanners..... Might be time to buy one
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    They have Chip readers and scanners that can get your cards information while they're in your pocket. There's card holders that can block the scanners..... Might be time to buy one
    The debit card has the chip. That's what bothers me too about this

It could be anyone
    I travel a lot and I've had the numbers stolen by clerks at hotels. They take all the numbers over the phone and then sell them.
    If you're paying for fraud protection it is a waste of money. Legally you are only responsible for $50 of the amount put on a stolen card. Last time I had mine stolen they ran up $9000 dollars before it was locked.
    The business that takes the card is the one that loses the money,the card company pulls the money back out of their account as soon as it's reported stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post

Cali, new york, kansas
    Secret cells

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    So Friday I get a fraud protection text from my bank. Asking me about a 2.16$ charge...I don't think anything of it until I hear the date of the charge. It was that same day and I've been at work for 10hrs already and haven't used the card it 2 days (it's my debit card btw)

So I go to online banking and see another charge for a much greater amount. So call back fraud protection and deny all charges in question. Luckily they blocked all but one. The one didn't block they credited me the money within 6 hours. Which is great.

3 days later (I'm out of town on vaca) get another fraud protection call but from a totally different credit card (one I only use for vaca purposes).

Funny thing is its almost identical charges that come up. This time all charges were denied.

My question is, what did I do wrong here. How could 2 different cards not linked to each other in anyway be hacked (which seems like it's by the same people).

I think.my computer had a virus....could this be it? Could they remote linked into cpu and got.my info? I do pay my bills using my cpu. But even if they could get onto it....it doesn't give all info of the card.

There is only.one other thing I could think of, is maybe I used both cards online for something that I'm going to check right now. And if I did, that's how I think it happened. But will update.

Just curious if anyone has any opinions on what I could have possibly done wrong here to get two cards scammed.
    You probably haven't done anything wrong, Sfla. I use antivirus and internet security software, am very careful where I shop online, and always carefully inspect for skimmers. I've had the same issue happen to me twice now while my card was in my possession the entire time. Recently was issued a card with a chip and plan to get a case as Haz mentioned. LOL, currently it is wrapped in aluminium foil in my wallet. Think of it as a cheap Faraday cage.
    It is aggravating as hell for this to happen and I'm afraid it will become even more common. I actually have started using cash more frequently vs. my debit card.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I got a credit card used it once at rite-aide. A few days later I had 2 fraud charges. They were dropped and I got a new card, that had 2 more fraud charges and I never used it. They just removed them and had no answer how it happened.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Ag, tinfoil might be a good idea at this point lol.

Bg asked them about any efforts to catch who did it and didn't seem to care, I only needed one charge refunded which was good. And they credited me within a few hours.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Hmmm. The girl wallets with anti chip protection aren't end most fashionable ATM. :/

I see a new marketing gap that needs to filled ASAP.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    So Friday I get a fraud protection text from my bank. Asking me about a 2.16$ charge...I don't think anything of it until I hear the date of the charge. It was that same day and I've been at work for 10hrs already and haven't used the card it 2 days (it's my debit card btw) So I go to online banking and see another charge for a much greater amount. So call back fraud protection and deny all charges in question. Luckily they blocked all but one. The one didn't block they credited me the money within 6 hours. Which is great. 3 days later (I'm out of town on vaca) get another fraud protection call but from a totally different credit card (one I only use for vaca purposes). Funny thing is its almost identical charges that come up. This time all charges were denied. My question is, what did I do wrong here. How could 2 different cards not linked to each other in anyway be hacked (which seems like it's by the same people). I think.my computer had a virus....could this be it? Could they remote linked into cpu and got.my info? I do pay my bills using my cpu. But even if they could get onto it....it doesn't give all info of the card. There is only.one other thing I could think of, is maybe I used both cards online for something that I'm going to check right now. And if I did, that's how I think it happened. But will update. Just curious if anyone has any opinions on what I could have possibly done wrong here to get two cards scammed.
    Was the $2.16 charge a "test" charge for larger purchases?

Was it an Internet purchase? I sometimes get calls that someone is using my card but couldn't offer the correct 3 digit or failed my personal security questions.

Anymore it might be smart to get a new card issues every year which is a major PITA if you do a lot of on-line and direct charges to credit card. :/

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post

Was the $2.16 charge a "test" charge for larger purchases?

Was it an Internet purchase? I sometimes get calls that someone is using my card but couldn't offer the correct 3 digit or failed my personal security questions.

Anymore it might be smart to get a new card issues every year which is a major PITA if you do a lot of on-line and direct charges to credit card. :/
    Was all Internet purchases.

Luckily my cc, the second one declined all charges.

The debit card decline after they tried 3 different purchases at same time

The more I think about tbis(which does cause me some pain), I am.wondering if people collect this info and sell it as a "list" somewhere. It is just happening too frequently to be random chance.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    The more I think about tbis(which does cause me some pain), I am.wondering if people collect this info and sell it as a "list" somewhere. It is just happening too frequently to be random chance.
    That can happen too from corrupt employees that know people who make credit cards at home
    almostgone likes this.

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    Hmmm. The girl wallets with anti chip protection aren't end most fashionable ATM. :/ I see a new marketing gap that needs to filled ASAP.
    Maybe a blocking sleeve for the card so you don't have to switch wallets

- Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    I now see these are an option. A dozen for 2.50! There's one suitable framed wallet but it's $90. I'ld rather have a new pair of heels

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    This thread jinxed me lol...just got hit with fraud charges today....canceled card...they told me there fraud team stopped numerous other attempts at usin my card....but didn't bother to call me to let me kno that someone was doin it....wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac82 View Post
    This thread jinxed me lol...just got hit with fraud charges today....canceled card...they told me there fraud team stopped numerous other attempts at usin my card....but didn't bother to call me to let me kno that someone was doin it....wtf
    Did they refund ur money or did they deny all charges

I have to wait until tomorrow when the pending charges clear...they said they would refund that to me....luckily that was only for about 10 bucks (2 charges)...they said they attempted altogether of other charges but the fraud team stopped them.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    You should just use cash mate. No hassle, no fraud and no trace

Except that the fact I'm carrying cash around everywhere...which would become a hassle...then worrying about it falling out sometimes

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac82
    Except that the fact I'm carrying cash around everywhere...which would become a hassle...then worrying about it falling out sometimes
    Or worrying that Scrapple Momma would sneak a few bills

Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I was reading up on this and it seems if you have the chip and have to insert the card, the sleeves don't offer any protection because your card isn't incorporating RFID technology. However, if your card is one that you just "wave" at a device, then a sleeve is a good idea because it uses RFID or NFC technology. These seem to be more common in Europe.
    Still reading up.on this and I still have my card wrapped in aluminum foil.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post

Or worrying that Scrapple Momma would sneak a few bills

Haha!
    Lol...spftt.. a few? ?

Thread Information