AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires

Thumbs down High School Popularity = bullshit

Whats up guys, I just thought I'd rant and rave here a little. I just graduated from high school, and I hated it. The cliques, the student council, the group of friends, and if you're not "in" then you're "out." I thought it was halarious I lifted more than 80% of the football players because I was obsessed with working out my soph-senior years. Still, the popular hot goddesses only went out with and talked to the football/basketball players with theyre fucking flat chests and scrawny arms. Seriously, I thought there was some psycological thing in girls heads that they prefered a guy who could protect them and they could feel safe around. I could break these kids' arms in half. I really am a nice guy, just a little pissed about the cliques.

Hopefully college is different... Girls will be attracted to muscle instead of intimidated by it. I think it might be the media lately focusing on Justin Timberlake and the singer from incubus and other scrawny bastards that makes chicks shy away from muscle. Fuck it, i'm going to the gym to get bigger and stronger.

Thanks for a place to let steam off.

sd11 is offline Banned
    Perhaps they only talked to those guys because thats who they liked, related to, and were friendly with. I doubt that many girls would be all that interested in your arm breaking ability or who could lift more.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    bah, i gotta agree with you. i've ranted and raved about this shit before. i bust my ass in hopes >not< to look like what most girl seem to want...just doesn't make sense. i think these days girls just don't want to fit into the that stereotype of liking muscular guys...they all want "sensitive, intellectual guys", etc...well i'm all that also. all the damn hippy girls are like "whoa, that musician pothead is sooooo deep, i mean, how does he think of things like that". and i'm like "bitch, i've thought about much much deeper things in much much greater depth...when i'm sober even...and on top of that, i try to maintain a decent physique".

i hear ya man, i've always been "off" just a little in life (when it comes to chicks). in highschool i was all brains, no brawn. now in college, chicks think i'm all about brawns and no brain.

yeah i'm bitter...=P

-- clocky baby

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Girls are so Jealous of justin timberlake!! They wish they could get their legs that skinny!

sigrabbit is offline Member
    You might consider the possibility that the girls are attracted to more than looks; although, we are all well aware of the fact that good looks get you in the door so to speak. I was/am one of those guys you seem so bitter about, but I have not always been in great shape. From my experience, girls are very attracted to the confidence that "popular" people have in everyday life. If someone is not popular, and not confident enough to initiate a conversation with a girl that he is attracted to, how can you blame the girl for not noticing him?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    i hear ya man, i've always been "off" just a little in life (when it comes to chicks). in highschool i was all brains, no brawn. now in college, chicks think i'm all about brawns and no brain.

yeah i'm bitter...=P
    i agree here...my experience in college has been that regardless of what sport you play, if you are built like a tank it doesn't matter.

the same shallow girl that is a jock sniff will be attracted to you if you don't play sports just because of how you look.

i have found it is all about the type of girl i want to attract...i can get the shallow sluts who are just looking to have fun at any time, although finding something more meaningful is slightly more difficult.

looks have been bumped out of my #1 spot by how interesting a person is. if they can keep me interested in what they are saying and make me laugh, great...ill date the 8 instead of the 10.

people assume with my size i am on the football team, so i have to constantly impress people with my intellect since assumptions run rampant.

cheers to better days A&F...college should be the best 5 years of your life

Strut99GT is offline Member
    I agree with daem in that intellect is #1 on my list, and not looks. Unfortunately, it's hard to find a girl that's really smart that is also really gorgeous.

In terms of the original post, though, I think what you've hit on is something mentioned in another post: it's not the looks that matter so much to girls, per se, but the confidence. Girls love confidence, and looks are sort of secondary. "But...that's just like, my opinion, man."

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Trust me bro, college is better but it takes work. In high school you could just play a sport and get all the chicks, but in college you have to prove yourself...If you make an attempt to clean and dress yourself youll look better than some frat rats, and if you have your body in shape you look better than the drug punks. But what will put you over the top is being overly confident...I would even say be cocky, but not to cocky or youll look like a dick. Make yourself look like the best in the crowd and the one "she" cant have, and youll be in everytime....And the best piece of advice is DONT BURN YOUR BRIDGES!!! Girls talk to new girls all the time and make new friends everyday (sorority's are even worse) if you talk bad or somehow piss one off, your fucked for a while till the physco gets over it and the others forget. Have fun...

ichiban is offline Female Member
    I just had to post something after reading this.
    First off, highschool popularity means nothing. All of those goddesses you are refering to are all sluts now. And at least half of those jocks are probably gonna be used car salesmen or something. In highschool, most girls just want to be popular and that is what it is all about. Don't worry, there are better days to come for you.

I must say, I am very impressed by the boys that have posted on here that brains rule over looks..bravo. Believe me, coming from a girl, I don't care how good looking you are, you can get really ugly really fast as soon as you open that mouth and say something really stupid or brag about yourself or something. But do have confidence in yopurself, just make sure it's real. Most girls can see through that crap.

I know that I want a guy with some substance to him. I know that looks fade and dumb is forever. Oh my goodness, and I HATE skinny, poetry reading, pot smoking idiots. No girl wants some skinny dude with nothing to hug.

And, no , it's not hard to find a beautiful girl that is also got something upstairs, and that is a cool chick. You just have to be willing to get to know someone. People either become uglier or more beautiful once you get to know them. Just giving you my .o2$.

BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ichiban
    People either become uglier or more beautiful once you get to know them.

I couldn't agree with you more on that.

There's been pretty girls which I was sort of interested in. After getting to know them for a while and I find out what they are really about, the "pretty" just fades and I see them in a whole new light.

Same goes with girls that I just thought were average or whatever, but after spending time with them and getting to know them, they become much more attractive.

To the original post- You'll find that as you get older and experience more that showing off and looks ISN'T what it's all about.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ichiban
    People either become uglier or more beautiful once you get to know them. Just giving you my .o2$.
    I agree....i have this theory about looks (have you guys noticed I have a lot of theories??) that holds that about 3% of the population is just absurdly good looking to the point there ain't nothing outside of an accident or chemical spill that's gonna change that. Likewise, there is also 3% of the population that is just plain ugly, and there ain't NUTHIN outside of drastic plastic surgery that can fix that. For the remaining 94% of the population, where you are on the scale depends on dress, presentation, confidence, style, malleable phyiscal attributes, and, MOST importantly, personality. Along the lines of that theory, a full 97% of the population has the very real capability of being considered very good looking simply by taking some initiative (well, there's the 3% that don't have to do a thing)...of course, scarcely a quarter of those will even attempt to do so, but.....

Anyway, I think my wacky theory in part explains just how Ichiban's assertion holds very, very true.

Thanks for the tips about college, guys. I'm looking forward to it.

peam is offline Suspended
    I think it's all about maturity levels. Some guys think looks are all that matter because they're immature.... they haven't figured out that a playboy without a brain isn't going to keep them happy. It doesn't matter how good the girl on your arm looks, or the guy. Nobody really cares who you're with... and if you're so worried about what everyone else thinks, you need a reality check because most of them aren't even thinking about you.

Thank you for your opinion, surfer girl

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sd11
    Perhaps they only talked to those guys because thats who they liked, related to, and were friendly with. I doubt that many girls would be all that interested in your arm breaking ability or who could lift more.
    Sounds like somebody ^ was a skinny football player in highschool. j/k

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sd11
    I doubt that many girls would be all that interested in your arm breaking ability...
    You saved me from having to say it.

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    Hey Hey Hey now... You can ask Nevaenuf not all popular jocks were dicks in high school. Well I happened to be but that's besides the point.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Where I went to undergrad, the cliques were INSANE. I remember talking to some friends in other schools, and they were commenting on how they were shocked to find that college really wasn't clicky. I figures that where I went, on every patch of grass was another clique. The only thing different then highschool, was that jocks were thought lowly of, and the intelligent ones were though of as "superior." I guess its like payback for the highschool years eh?

Thread Information