Results 1 to 28 of 28
Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By crazy_rocks
  • 2 Post By crazy_rocks
  • 1 Post By crazy_rocks
  • 1 Post By Zodiac82
  • 1 Post By BuzzardMarinePumper
  • 1 Post By crazy_rocks
  • 1 Post By crazy_rocks
  • 1 Post By BuzzardMarinePumper
  • 1 Post By FONZY007
  • 1 Post By crazy_rocks
  • 1 Post By GirlyGymRat
  • 2 Post By KINGKONG

Thread: Immigrant bum abusing my gym

  1. #1
    crazy_rocks's Avatar
    crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,228

    Immigrant bum abusing my gym

    I went to the gym at about 4am, after going to water fountain I peak into the basketball court and see this dude sleeping in there with a few small bags. I go back to working out and when I'm done I still see his stink ass in there. There were more people in the gym at this point and some older guy was in the basketball court too doing crunches. I'm a little pissed so I walk up to the guy sleeping and say something about him sleeping in the gym. He lifts his head up and says sorry sir and puts his head back down. He had a certain accent and looked Somalian. After he put his head back down and I get a little louder and say what do you think this is a damn hotel room get the hell up. He lifts his head up and may have said something and he gives me that exaggerated facial expression like who do you think you are. I went on saying this ain't your damn home get the fu** up right now, this isn't a damn hotel get the fu** up, get out of here. He started getting up and as I walked away he had something smart to say, not sure what. I said yeah I just talked to you like that. He had no man card in him, Just a bitch. I go to the counter and tell them and then we both saw this guy walking out of the basketball court.

    A few days before this I was in the gym and these stupid younger guys who yes also looked Somalian along with the same accent came into the gym. They rotated through every station and bench that could be used for chest, lifted their super light weight and struggled too. They left the whole free weight area full of dumbbells all over the floor. left plates on the barbells too, couldn't even tell if they were done. I took the bench anyways. They had no idea how to treat a gym. One of them left their hat, one of those stupid hats where you leave the brim flat. I dirtied it with my foot and crushed it on the rack with a plate.

    People from other places who don't respect where they just relocated to piss me off. It was the guy sleeping who really ticked me off. I live in a pretty clean city for it's size and will not let my gym turn into a third world lounge. He was taking advantage of the early hours limited staff.

  2. #2
    Mp859's Avatar
    Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    Why you so damn worried about what everyone else is doing?

  3. #3
    crazy_rocks's Avatar
    crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    Why you so damn worried about what everyone else is doing?
    Everyone else? It's not everyone else doing this. Lets see there's a thread on here about shit that goes on in the gym that we hate. Did you leave the same remark there? The dumbbells everywhere is just an annoyance but going to the gym to sleep, that's not suppose to be happening and if it doesn't stop it gets worse. But to answer your question even the the premise was just thrown out, people like that look for weaknesses to expose and take advantage of it and then people stop showing up thus creating bad areas that were once nice that people don't go to anymore. I had to explain that.

    But I guess everyone else but me is sleeping in the gym.

  4. #4
    Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A world without islam!!!!
    Posts
    6,940
    Totally agree. The calibre of immigrant has completely changed. No longer is it people with western judeo-christian values who want a opportunity for a better life, it is now people from sub standard crap holes who do not care about integration, are easily offended when told how archaic their cultures are and want to be given everything.

  5. #5
    Mp859's Avatar
    Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    I guess I just don't pay much attention. I'm just there to do what I came to do. If I don't like it I would switch gyms. Just not worth the effort to really give a shitt.

  6. #6
    crazy_rocks's Avatar
    crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    I guess I just don't pay much attention. I'm just there to do what I came to do. If I don't like it I would switch gyms. Just not worth the effort to really give a shitt.
    Eventually I'll have a home gym. If someones on a station I need to get on it throws off my whole schedule since I go to work straight afterwards.

  7. #7
    Mp859's Avatar
    Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_rocks
    Eventually I'll have a home gym. If someones on a station I need to get on it throws off my whole schedule since I go to work straight afterwards.
    I hear you, It forces you to add variety.

  8. #8
    crazy_rocks's Avatar
    crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,228
    I'll admit I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder but some people out there need to get called out and the ones that do don't expect it.

  9. #9
    pitweiler is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    586
    i have a small gym in my apartment complex and they leave the dumbbells and the cable machine attachments all over the gym. they also dont wipe down the machines when their done, a bunch leave it covered in sweat too which is gross. that shit pisses me off all the time. you say something to them and they usually just stare at you.

    as far as someone being on a machine that you want next. it throws me off too, especially if i have it set in my head how i want to do the workout. but it happens. you just do something else

  10. #10
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,646
    I've noticed that some don't return equipment. Irritating bc I have to "find" it to use it...wasting my time. It throws me off too.

    It's becoming more prevalent...sadly!

  11. #11
    RigPig's Avatar
    RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,116
    Where are the people who run the gym and why do you have to do their job? Sounds like a decent sized place, don't they have employees? Maybe those fucks should get off their asses and do something so paying members don't have to deal with this shit. I can see how this would bother you, I'd be bothered too. But I'd go and find someone who works their to handle it.

  12. #12
    dk94's Avatar
    dk94 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    387
    " I dirtied it with my foot and crushed it on the rack with a plate" Hilarious.

  13. #13
    Zodiac82's Avatar
    Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,747
    I get the kids not returning the weights and stuff...that's a common courtesy thing...

    But the homeless guy I'm not sure why that's a concern to u....shit if I'm homeless I'm damn sure gonna try and find a good place to sleep...
    Bonaparte likes this.

  14. #14
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Totally agree. The calibre of immigrant has completely changed. No longer is it people with western judeo-christian values who want a opportunity for a better life, it is now people from sub standard crap holes who do not care about integration, are easily offended when told how archaic their cultures are and want to be given everything.
    Seems they want to recreate their third world shit hole that they escaped from. Makes no sense to me. Just go back where you came from.


    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_rocks View Post
    Eventually I'll have a home gym.
    Best move I ever made. 12 years or so now. Couldn't imagine dealing with people in a gym on a regular basis.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  15. #15
    BuzzardMarinePumper's Avatar
    BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    N. GA. Jaw Ja N A Cave
    Posts
    1,756
    Blog Entries
    1
    This looks like a tread I should have written !

    Can I get an amen ?
    crazy_rocks likes this.

  16. #16
    crazy_rocks's Avatar
    crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by RigPig View Post
    Where are the people who run the gym and why do you have to do their job? Sounds like a decent sized place, don't they have employees? Maybe those fucks should get off their asses and do something so paying members don't have to deal with this shit. I can see how this would bother you, I'd be bothered too. But I'd go and find someone who works their to handle it.
    It's a 24 hr gym and it was before 530am, only one person on staff. He took advantage of that. As the event happened personal trainers were coming in. I told the girl at the counter but i wanted to greet him personally first infantry sergeant style.

  17. #17
    crazy_rocks's Avatar
    crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac82 View Post
    I get the kids not returning the weights and stuff...that's a common courtesy thing...

    But the homeless guy I'm not sure why that's a concern to u....shit if I'm homeless I'm damn sure gonna try and find a good place to sleep...
    I hear you but I also have my interests, not letting my domain that I pay for go to shit. Outside around town near some structure is another story. If it were your stereotypical old bearded homeless guy I may have acted differently. There has been an influx of beggars coming here and the issue with that is they are getting aggressive, specifically the ones who don't seem to be from here. I saw it and said f**k it.

  18. #18
    Zodiac82's Avatar
    Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_rocks View Post

    I hear you but I also have my interests, not letting my domain that I pay for go to shit. Outside around town near some structure is another story. If it were your stereotypical old bearded homeless guy I may have acted differently. There has been an influx of beggars coming here and the issue with that is they are getting aggressive, specifically the ones who don't seem to be from here. I saw it and said f**k it.
    Well not knowin the exact situation or specifics to what the environment ur in are ...maybe I can understand ur reaction ..

    I just saw it as the "normal" homeless type..even though u stated it I still pictured ur stereotypical homeless person tryin to make the best of his situation

  19. #19
    BuzzardMarinePumper's Avatar
    BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    N. GA. Jaw Ja N A Cave
    Posts
    1,756
    Blog Entries
    1
    lol , I am a mellow old guy and I would not like anything you have shared either ! We have a Problem with a few - NOT ALL ( Latinos ) that come in and as you have stated I think ? They have no real routine and up and use every machine and mix all the free weights up and never re rack them and will do one set of an exercise with way to heavy weight and then flex in the mirror Almost funny to watch them if they were not so rude ! All they all they do is come in and play grab a$$ ! They come in in groups of 5 or 6 and actually make the gym a play ground ! I now go at about 2:00 am in the middle of the night and the weights are re racked and no one there at all ! The gym I go to is similar to yours sounds like , there are 2 locations with in 15 minutes of me and one has a great back machine ( cables ) Great cable station ! I go to it on back days it is 5 minutes further away but well worth it ! Anytime Fitness is the name I think they are nation wide in all major cities?

    The staff at all these gyms are way to good and take very good care of the gyms ! not a dirty sweaty real gym like in the old days but still all the equipment anyone could need to get in a good routine !

    I just had to post after seeing your rant Keep up the true native American attitude ! Be a Constitutionalst - Not Rep. or Dem !
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 07-02-2016 at 07:20 PM.
    crazy_rocks likes this.

  20. #20
    FONZY007's Avatar
    FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    2,461
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_rocks View Post

    Eventually I'll have a home gym. If someones on a station I need to get on it throws off my whole schedule since I go to work straight afterwards.
    That's why u say can I work in with you. That's what I do, no one slows me down. Expecially if there taking there sweet time.

  21. #21
    FONZY007's Avatar
    FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    2,461
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    lol , I am a mellow old guy and I would not like anything you have shared either ! We have a Problem with a few - NOT ALL ( Latinos ) that come in and as you have stated I think ? They have no real routine and up and use every machine and mix all the free weights up and never re rack them and will do one set of an exercise with way to heavy weight and then flex in the mirror Almost funny to watch them if they were not so rude ! All they all they do is come in and play grab a$$ ! They come in in groups of 5 or 6 and actually make the gym a play ground ! I now go at about 2:00 am in the middle of the night and the weights are re racked and no one there at all ! The gym I go to is similar to yours sounds like , there are 2 locations with in 15 minutes of me and one has a great back machine ( cables ) Great cable station ! I go to it on back days it is 5 minutes further away but well worth it ! Anytime Fitness is the name I think they are nation wide in all major cities?

    The staff at all these gyms are way to good and take very good care of the gyms ! not a dirty sweaty real gym like in the old days but still all the equipment anyone could need to get in a good routine !

    I just had to post after seeing your rant Keep up the true native American attitude ! Be a Constitutionalst - Not Rep. or Dem !
    Lol I'm Latino and I see this problem too. I'm too myself and go in get the work done and get out.. But it's not race specific, just seems like the younger kids don't know how to work out and how to respect someone's house.

  22. #22
    crazy_rocks's Avatar
    crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    lol , I am a mellow old guy and I would not like anything you have shared either ! We have a Problem with a few - NOT ALL ( Latinos ) that come in and as you have stated I think ? They have no real routine and up and use every machine and mix all the free weights up and never re rack them and will do one set of an exercise with way to heavy weight and then flex in the mirror Almost funny to watch them if they were not so rude ! All they all they do is come in and play grab a$$ ! They come in in groups of 5 or 6 and actually make the gym a play ground ! I now go at about 2:00 am in the middle of the night and the weights are re racked and no one there at all ! The gym I go to is similar to yours sounds like , there are 2 locations with in 15 minutes of me and one has a great back machine ( cables ) Great cable station ! I go to it on back days it is 5 minutes further away but well worth it ! Anytime Fitness is the name I think they are nation wide in all major cities?

    The staff at all these gyms are way to good and take very good care of the gyms ! not a dirty sweaty real gym like in the old days but still all the equipment anyone could need to get in a good routine !

    I just had to post after seeing your rant Keep up the true native American attitude ! Be a Constitutionalst - Not Rep. or Dem !
    Holy crap we're twins

  23. #23
    BuzzardMarinePumper's Avatar
    BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    N. GA. Jaw Ja N A Cave
    Posts
    1,756
    Blog Entries
    1
    lol , NO OFFENCE INTENDED ! ! ! ! I did state some ! and yes the ones that are disrespectful are very young ! I doubt are even 23 yrs old !


    Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007 View Post
    Lol I'm Latino and I see this problem too. I'm too myself and go in get the work done and get out.. But it's not race specific, just seems like the younger kids don't know how to work out and how to respect someone's house.

  24. #24
    aragorn1500's Avatar
    aragorn1500 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    27
    I would have done the same thing. It's a gym, not a flop house.

  25. #25
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,646
    Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007
    Lol I'm Latino and I see this problem too. I'm too myself and go in get the work done and get out.. But it's not race specific, just seems like the younger kids don't know how to work out and how to respect someone's house.
    I think it's generational. And when several do it, makes my workout longer playing go seek the weights dropped where ever throughout the gym. I just try to be a good example by putting mine up. I unrack what was left by others. I tidy up the DB as best I can. I feel like someone's mom. There's some equipment I just can't move........so I ask a nice young fella to help me....sometimes the same Dick who left them. "Hi. Can u help me out? That's too heavy for me to put up but I don't want anyone to get hurt ..thankyou so much. I really appreciate your kindness. "
    Last edited by GirlyGymRat; 07-04-2016 at 09:56 AM.

  26. #26
    KINGKONG's Avatar
    KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Outside the walls
    Posts
    4,261
    I have tons of younger kids that come in and have zero gym respect..I usually just have a little talk with them non threatening, non aggressive I walk up pull my ear phones out look right into there eyes "you know there is a lot of people that use these weights you need to respect them and put them back in there place when your done" or "there is a lot of ppl that use there machines you need to use them clean them and move on" don't know how many times I've waited to finish off on a machine while someone talks loudly on a cell phone for a half hour.its usually exclusively younger people or people with almost zero gym experience so I feel I can constructively guide them in the right direction then if they get loud or smart we can go from there..

  27. #27
    BuzzardMarinePumper's Avatar
    BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    N. GA. Jaw Ja N A Cave
    Posts
    1,756
    Blog Entries
    1
    I really like your approach , but I doubt many of the guys that have posted in this thread would get the same results as when you do it ! Not to " play the woman card " , but from what I have seen any female that does actually use free weights are actually over respectful and want the weights in the correct place and wipe down the equipment before and after use ! So from my experience females get a pass on this one ! Even the younger girls that come in with their BF's are very tidy !


    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I think it's generational. And when several do it, makes my workout longer playing go seek the weights dropped where ever throughout the gym. I just try to be a good example by putting mine up. I unrack what was left by others. I tidy up the DB as best I can. I feel like someone's mom. There's some equipment I just can't move........so I ask a nice young fella to help me....sometimes the same Dick who left them. "Hi. Can u help me out? That's too heavy for me to put up but I don't want anyone to get hurt ..thankyou so much. I really appreciate your kindness. "

  28. #28
    crazy_rocks's Avatar
    crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I think it's generational. And when several do it, makes my workout longer playing go seek the weights dropped where ever throughout the gym. I just try to be a good example by putting mine up. I unrack what was left by others. I tidy up the DB as best I can. I feel like someone's mom. There's some equipment I just can't move........so I ask a nice young fella to help me....sometimes the same Dick who left them. "Hi. Can u help me out? That's too heavy for me to put up but I don't want anyone to get hurt ..thankyou so much. I really appreciate your kindness. "

    That's the ticket. What a great way to correct the person who knows they left it in a non combative manner. As a women you will make him feel jackass.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •