Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Tlolec the toilet
  • 1 Post By Zodiac82
  • 1 Post By marcus300
  • 1 Post By Tlolec the toilet
  • 1 Post By Marsoc

Thread: are you a warrior at work, or an assassin?

are you a warrior at work, or an assassin?

it's awesome. My focus and energy are superb! way better than coffee! the work just flows from my fingers. I'm much more willful and getting compliance is much easier for the ones that really don't want to be nice. I've got to be careful though, sometimes retreat is a much better option. My temper much! shorter. I've got to remember that much of my work is about the long game communication and politics. sometimes i have to play dumb, self deprecate, or use flattery. i would much rather manipulate than force my will onto others. if done correctly they have no idea.

The warrior is quick to strike, heavy with the burden of his wars, and is known by all his enemies. his pride is his Achilles heel.

the assassin is never known, has others do his work for him sometimes, and uses retreat and confusion as tools of great device. i prefer this type of work and i have no qualms about it being low. discovery is the assassin's weakness.

illusion and deceit are much better because they require less commitment, energy, and are more suited to the political world.

the warrior I find is easiest for me, like it is everyone, the assassin takes work, but for some it's a gift. a proper combining of the 2 is key. -when to strike and when to play nice doggy.

just thinking about work. i need to play my audience a little more softly. almost sickly sweet.

https://vine.co/v/MJAmBU6BdtK

lets be honest. it is the way.
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 08-03-2016 at 07:00 PM.

ok so i wasn't feeling exactly myself when i wrote this.
    Marsoc likes this.

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Errrrrrrr????

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No idea who's old enough to remember the movie Jerry Maguire, but your post reminded me of that movie and his manifesto.... Show me the money!

https://youtu.be/1-mOKMq19zU

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    WTF lol

Do you glue sniff?
    Marsoc likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    This is a steroid forum, not recreational drugs forum

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec
    ok so i wasn't feeling exactly myself when i wrote this.
    So you weren't feeling like a warrior when you first wrote it?

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post
    it's awesome. My focus and energy are superb! way better than coffee! the work just flows from my fingers. I'm much more willful and getting compliance is much easier for the ones that really don't want to be nice. I've got to be careful though, sometimes retreat is a much better option. My temper much! shorter. I've got to remember that much of my work is about the long game communication and politics. sometimes i have to play dumb, self deprecate, or use flattery. i would much rather manipulate than force my will onto others. if done correctly they have no idea.

The warrior is quick to strike, heavy with the burden of his wars, and is known by all his enemies. his pride is his Achilles heel.

the assassin is never known, has others do his work for him sometimes, and uses retreat and confusion as tools of great device. i prefer this type of work and i have no qualms about it being low. discovery is the assassin's weakness.

illusion and deceit are much better because they require less commitment, energy, and are more suited to the political world.

the warrior I find is easiest for me, like it is everyone, the assassin takes work, but for some it's a gift. a proper combining of the 2 is key. -when to strike and when to play nice doggy.

just thinking about work. i need to play my audience a little more softly. almost sickly sweet.

https://vine.co/v/MJAmBU6BdtK

lets be honest. it is the way.
    Makes sense to me... i'm a warrior. No assassin in me.

Obs
    Upside of being a warrior: if you are good enough no one will fuck wit you not even ownership. Being an assassin is a tricky mofo easy to be let go...

well i was totally sober when i wrote this thread, a little tired and feeling dark based on some reading and work i'd been doing. i was being totally metaphorical. of course modern mainstream society doesn't have tolerance for this kind of behavior, but the mindset works in business.

General James N. Mattis (mad dog Mattis) said this: "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

The Art of War is used in business as well.

this thread now reminds me of MCDP 1 "War fighting." http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Pu...arfighting.pdf this is kind of like the Marine Corps Art of War.
    Marsoc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Upside of being a warrior: if you are good enough no one will fuck wit you not even ownership. Being an assassin is a tricky mofo easy to be let go...
    what do you mean let go? like fired/terminated?

Call me a "yes man," but choose assassin.
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 09-06-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post
    what do you mean let go? like fired/terminated?

Call me a "yes man," but choose assassin.
    While you are honing your assassin's skills, it's easy to fuck up and look like you are lazy and trying to use people at which time the boss says gtfo. I don't know office politics. I say, "get your ass in gear" to my subordinates and they do. I never needed motivating. I just haul ass and get shit done.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    My defense is my offense , lethal but cautious
    Obspowerstroke likes this.

Thread Information