Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Dopamine Deficiency / easily borred / demotivated?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    If you wake up every morning and feel like “the thrill is gone,” you may have a dopamine deficiency. Dopamine is the main brain chemical responsible for making us feel motivated. Low levels of dopamine can manifest in some very disruptive ways. It can leave you feeling fatigued, apathetic, moody and unable to concentrate. Just as importantly, it plays a role in many mental disorders including depression, addiction of all kinds, Parkinson’s disease, ADHD, and schizophrenia. Understanding how dopamine affects your life is a key to taking control of this neurotransmitter — instead of letting it take control of you.

This really resonated with me... I've had, like many, a real addiction problem in my past... I don't blame anyone but myself... But it's brought me to where I am today! Granted I feel as though I've come a long way both mentally and physically... With my end sight being Happiness! This was something I thought could or would never happen - Fuck that as we all have control over our emotions(meaning we can live in the past and suffer or live for the future and better ourselves each day)!!!

I had many surgeries car accidents deaths(and have come back from it all) and that's when it all clicked - live in the past and be told I had this and that(ADHD/aggression/anger/etc) all b/c it manifested in my mind that way... How I used to think... Or forge ahead and give it your all to 'grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference... Serenity prayer!!! it's stuck with me for a long time... And always will!

Tbh - joining this forum at the time I did was very much therapeutic for myself... I didn't know a damn thing about AAS bug I sure wanted to change that and my lifestyle! Forget looking back fellas it's all about moving forward in the most positive ways possible... Bettering yourselves each day and even it gets tough - talk it out... Don't keep it in(sonething I'm still learning to balance)... Balance is the key just as with hormones - funny analogy but surely true - so from the past destruction I put my body under its surely taken its toll... Low T to daily life's ups and downs to drugs to overcoming it all to change my life... We all have skeletons in our closets it's what we do to keep them there and not dwell on the things that put us in the 'downs' of life..

I think this was is a great topic we can all relate to in one way or another and it feels good to look back and say 'I told you so'(to yourself)!!!
    Last edited by NACH3; 08-23-2016 at 08:41 AM.
    marcus300 likes this.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 05:55 PM.
    NACH3 likes this.

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    Little is understood about the physiology of normal mood, it's difficult to say if this is a case of abnormalities in the interactions of dopamine in your brain. Perhaps norepinephrine or even serotonin are the culprits; or perhaps it's something completely different.

If you are looking for a prescription medication specifically for dopamine, Adderall works by increasing the activity of the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine and seems to provide relief for some of the symptoms you are describing. Of course, you Dr. will know if it's a right fit for you.

Besides that, you must know that you are not alone with these debilitating thoughts and roller coaster type of emotions. Many people are experiencing similar symptoms that you have mentioned; and many are on the other side of that now.

delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 05:55 PM.

I was sectioned about 6 or 7 years ago.... detained under the mental health act.... spent time in an acute care unit.... and on the day I was discharged I was given a diagnosis of Bipolar Affective Disorder Type 1.

That diagnosis was overturned about a year and a half ago however when it was determined that I had actually been high rather than manic. I had gone on a 12-day-long binge on benzodiazepenes and alcohol. (By the end of it I was pretty wasted and naked in my car).

2 years ago I was transferred from prison to the loonie bin and later given a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder. This diagnosis was helpful at the time.

Since then I've done residential rehab...... gone to live with the Hare Krishna's on one of their islands...... did 10 days of silence with a Buddhist group....... lived in a homeless hostel........ and now I've got an apartment by myself.

I'm still on an anti-depressant medication but I'm gonna wean off it over the next 14 weeks or so.

I can identify with a lot of what you've written, InsaneMuscle. I had a lot of behaviour as you describe that could be classified as hypomanic.

I can identify with a lot of what you've written, InsaneMuscle. I had a lot of behaviour as you describe that could be classified as hypomanic.
    although I don't use the term myself

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    the reward system is fucked up in me and by limiting one self from smallest pleasures and awards, keeps me hungry for the reward that gets in a state of long "overdue", the desire of award accumulates in time and in some way down-regulates, so newly reintroduced reward in its smallest form lasts longer and it is very exciting again... however, its hard not to relapse and fall for overindulgence loop of rewards that seems like never ends and usually is accompanied by them damn demons... that road leads to where nobody wants to go. I found I am so sensitive to carbs, that restricting myself from them creates this environment that lacks of quick reward feedback... thus making daily life little more interesting in the long run.

Just rambling now... but maybe it makes sense to someone.
    I was extremely sensitive to any carb but that's one of the few thing TRT/thyroid meds helped with.

What I do think is we have just too much serotonin antagonizing DA/NE in the brain. When we eat carbs, the insulin response to hyperglycemia will stimulate aminos uptake by peripheral tissues... this will let the precursors tryphtophan enter the brain at an higher rate, since the transporter is shared with BCAAs and aromatic aminos (histidine, phenylalanine, tyrosine) and just one can pass at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Alpha-GPC
    I have been taking this for a few days and I'm progressively feeling weaker. Today I need to hold on things to stay upright!

No changes in mood/cognition though.

Perhaps I feel worse from TRT due to excessive ACh release from sex hormones?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I don't know about any dopamine deficiency - but, anything is possible

More like, receptor damage - after doing certain thing(things being dope) we can have damn near irreversible receptor damage. Everything physically works - but, you will just feel more of a vegetative state(you won't find emotions that you did prior).

This is is factual information

And from what I can tell(this is more of an opinion) juice is somewhat on a similar level. If you are on the juice for an extended period of time, you don't want to come. And if you do, even for an extended period of time - you still won't feel the same mentally.
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 08-28-2016 at 08:46 AM.

Unfortunately I'm very much acquainted with what you're describing, but I've always stayed extra clean, not even drunk once.

It just affected my life at some point.

delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 05:54 PM.

delete

Blog Entries
    How much juice do you run?

I am just trying to put substance use/abuse to mental depressive states.

But, I don't think it applies in all cases - or even close

Past 2-3 weeks been been feeling semi depressed, anxious, demotivated and low in attitude toward anything meaningful or enjoyable in life, pissed off easily and just real short fused... yet am very aware of it all and I am containing it like having it behind closed doors not letting it get in the way of my daily routine, but I know it's there and just filling up the space behidlnd these closed doors day by day, it sure sets non-positive/non-productive vibes in my exterior presense... still life feels like walking edge of a razor blade, invisible to others but almost frightening to myself feeling. I use to not be able to maintain such stance regards it earlier in my life, its odd, as I can do now almost so effortlessly, as of lately. If I used to get in to situation just like it before I used to burst out quickly, express myself naturally with whatever would be bothering me, would be too much in somebody's face if it was part of the cause... but since I started my trt, it feels like I have gained some extra heavy-duty capacity for maintenance and dampening of things like this...weird. I'm thinking my ways in and around how to patch this "glitch in my matrix" ... I was experimenting somewhat with armodafinil lately and I observed it does make me a happy folk in general if I took a pill in the morning. Not in a way happy as high, but very easily able to recognize and value smallest joys of everyday things,set smile in my face and crack some laugh. But while off of it, I still feel good inside but something similar like physical restrictions guard me from expressing it... lack of empathy...thus concentration and cognitive suffers too. Take one pill another day again, boom, like new person... need to get deeper in racetam stuff and such
    Sounds like you need 10 days of silence

delete

delete
    KimboHalfSlice likes this.

Sometimes, like now it is not an option.

I do find deep meditation every other day helps...
    I used to do silent meditation by myself at home....... but now I've got an mp3 of 50 minutes of the main guy from the Hare Krishna's chanting the Hare Krishna mantra (the Prabhupada guy, he died in the 70's)........ followed by the 10-minute closing chant they do on the 10 day course by the main Vipassana guy ( SN Goenka, he died 3 years ago )

Really I should be meditating in silence at home but I'm not quite there right now with coming off my happy pills and all.

Both camps would probably be appalled that I'm mixing their chanting hahaha

delete

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    I wonder if any of you could relate to what Im going trough and if that is what I think it is?

Some times I would go trough peaks and valleys of it, for some periods I could be all ramped with an attitude "to take over the world", to go out and do shit I needed to do, things I dreamed and planned to do and nobody can stop me till I'm finished, and other times its completely the opposite. Some peaks and valeys of this could be strong and short lived, sometimes more moderate and longer lived...
    It goes as far as I can remember my whole life.
    I.e. give me some task to do, if it spikes my curiosity I will go with it till its either done and if its more complicated or takes too much time and effort thats not to my liking I will find myself thinking ways out of the task and most of the time never ending list of options of "why it is useless and what better things I could be doing at the time", things that would be more of an interest to me. And at the same time even if I give in to those "better interests" I find myself looping over in the same behaviour just as before.
    I have no issues concentrating most of the time on even very complex things, unless its boring and also some other times, I just couldnt get motivated to do anything important, just what i must do to get by the day.

Ive no previous history of any drug or alcohol abuse etc, in general im non drinker and dont approve use of alcohol at all due to how it makes me feel after, just not worth a trade off, but I have experience of going trough tough period of my life over a year ago that was a case close to suicidal depression and now looking back I can only guess that have I used this peaking curiosity at the time to dig in and get me out of depression that I was going trough, and I did.

Since I havent relapsed nor been feeling anywhere remotely close to what I have lived trough... so thats that.

I was thinking to share this and maybe hear back your side of a storey if youve anything to say, or even advice, comments.
    Unsure if your a man of faith. But that can get you beyond failure. Having that higher power to humble you in them times of anxiety and to know that will also soon pass. The strength to endure , to perseverance does and is in fact to persevere. As a human you will have emotions of ups and downs. Etc. find a peaceful spot that you can put your mind to and know that with a little work and effort and sometimes it will take a lot of grit me to toughness and physical toughness. It's why we train. Use that and the reward in the end so the most gratifying feeling in the world as you know I'm sure...such as a great leg day etc.. Keep faith. A strong faith that will empower your will. And if anything be good and have joy and appreciate what you have when you have it, and know that it can be different in the blink of an eye. It sucks when we find out the hard way that we should cherish each day and not take it for granted. It's to special to negate and waste..I found this out the hard way and God willing I will have a second chance at life. To build and train again. Love, help others and expect nothing from it besides you helping them. Build relationships. If nothing else do this. The bible even says that...I think lol...aside from all it says. If nothing else...love and build relationships. Im sure we can get into details on many things man believe me I can but just like training. Keep the general base guidelines. In place and twist it and tweak it accordingly. While remaining a good man of character and integrity.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I can relate to many of the things you have mention

Its a mind fuck if we dissect our life's, just keep moving forward in a positive way. Your here talking about things
    So u know the word dissect?. Or did i make you start using it again when i showed you sentences where it could be used?

Sorry Insane. But couldnt let this pass.
    From your story, there is a diagnose called manic depressiv. Mike Tyson had/has it. He was put on lithium. Sometimes somethings are so brigth and its so easy. And sometimes all you see is dogshit. It can happen to all of us. Some just feel it just a bit. Some feel it a lot.
    Personally i thought i had it. But it always was black or white for me. And the black became more prominent but i realized it was due to ephedrin abuse 7 years straigth..it faded away a couple of years after the ephedrin abuse though.

delete
    marcus300 likes this.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power

I dare say you have no idea what I was talking about, and your pisstakes are not welcome. Only if you had deeper understanding and knowledge we could talk, but it will never happen, so stay away from my face and my threads, and take your piss-take attempts in private message form, with him,me,or anybody but not go spaming around like you do with poor skills of English thinking you can respond adequately
    Wow.
    Yeah ok. Ill stay away from your threads. No prob.

Btw...my english is real good....i got B+

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    So u know the word dissect?. Or did i make you start using it again when i showed you sentences where it could be used?

Sorry Insane. But couldnt let this pass.
    From your story, there is a diagnose called manic depressiv. Mike Tyson had/has it. He was put on lithium. Sometimes somethings are so brigth and its so easy. And sometimes all you see is dogshit. It can happen to all of us. Some just feel it just a bit. Some feel it a lot.
    Personally i thought i had it. But it always was black or white for me. And the black became more prominent but i realized it was due to ephedrin abuse 7 years straigth..it faded away a couple of years after the ephedrin abuse though.

You simply don't understand what I meant. You have no idea about my past, what ive been through or what I do now to call judgement on anything I say. You have no idea who I am or what ive been through or deal with so trying to explain to some fat retard of a taxi driver what some of these guys are going through is going to an impossible task.

Personally I would let the discussion flow because its very interesting to read and don't comment on things you have no idea. We have enough threads were we can bash each other and make fun but this one looks to be rather serious so let it flow please.
    NACH3 likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Please guys carry on

[QUOTE=Silabolin;7208149]From your story, there is a diagnose called manic depressiv.[quote]

The psychiatric diagnosis of Bipolar Affective Disorder Type 1 requires one solid week of mania. I don't see mania in his story. Nor do I see a psychiatric evaluation. You might be able to point out hypomania but you'd be reaching.

Mike Tyson had/has it. He was put on lithium.
    I was on Lithium on and off for a few year. Supposedly it prevents mania.

Tyson has more issues than Vogue.

Sometimes somethings are so brigth and its so easy. And sometimes all you see is dogshit. It can happen to all of us. Some just feel it just a bit. Some feel it a lot.
    Glass half full, glass half empty

I think you're confusing mania with being OFF YOUR FACE ON DRUGS.

It happens a lot though, believe it or not. I went on a 12-day binge on benzoes and alcohol and ended up getting sectioned. I was off my face when I was assessed, and somehow that was written somewhere as "mania".

I suspect that my own misdiagnosis was deliberate though, but that's neither here nor there.

Do you still get fucked off your face on drugs? I was blasted on 5 or 6 different drugs when I put my elbow thru a glass window..... you'd wanna see the scars pretty gnarly.

Quote Originally Posted by KimboHalfSlice View Post
    The psychiatric diagnosis of Bipolar Affective Disorder Type 1 requires one solid week of mania. I don't see mania in his story. Nor do I see a psychiatric evaluation. You might be able to point out hypomania but you'd be reaching.
    Hyperthymia would be more appropriate, no need here to label a behaviour as pathological, leave that to the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by KimboHalfSlice View Post
    Do you still get fucked off your face on drugs? I was blasted on 5 or 6 different drugs when I put my elbow thru a glass window..... you'd wanna see the scars pretty gnarly.
    I did that too and wasn't on anything, just had to learn self-control a how to cope.

Blog Entries
    Im not runing any. Im on 125mg/wk trt split in e3.5d. Never done any drugs or alcohol, never used or abused any kind of other substances either. Like I said I only feel better regards trt as it gives like extra grip and self-control of things that previously would rule my days when at its worst, but doesnt cancel it out.

Interesting

Well, this is all the input I can add

I can deal with substance abuse quite a bit better - since I relate it to myself.

But, true natural anxiety or depression is above & beyond me.

GL bro!

delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 05:53 PM.

delete
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Put it this way, today wifey smashed rims of my car in to a curb, and I just laughed it off, I couldn't care less about it, really while other times years ago I'd be pretty much upset due to her stupidity and inattentiveness, but hey, its clear as day - shit happens to all of us, and she is no exception, and I see no reason to worry about it either. Its called life
    I personally don't think there's anything wrong with going off on someone who wrecked your rims. I'd be pretty flustered.

Only time it's OK to lash out though is when the Trenbolians visit you from planet Trenbolone , but even in such instances, violence is seldom justified.

delete

Blog Entries
    I dunno, after having a kid & finally getting dope free - I feel pretty damn good, most of the time

Speaking of curbing rims, just got another car in & like a dumb ass I straight curbed my passenger side rear rim while making a right turn. . . A few years ago I would have freaked - now, I was like who cares

But, this is just me - and not at all times

Incident #2, just got a car, it heated up pretty bad but still ran. Replaced the radiator - ran perfect - for 5 minutes, then blew a head gasket or the head cracked. Oil turned into chocolate milk. . . I was like, well - time to go grab an engine. Got a motor, installed it my damn self - and without bitching about it

Seriously, a few years back I would have freaked out so bad.

When I was younger I had deep anger management issues - when I say younger, I mean just 5 years back. Shit, after getting juiced & drug free I'm calmer than ever. Who would of thought.

delete

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Incident #2, just got a car, it heated up pretty bad but still ran. Replaced the radiator - ran perfect - for 5 minutes, then blew a head gasket or the head cracked. Oil turned into chocolate milk. . . I was like, well - time to go grab an engine. Got a motor, installed it my damn self - and without bitching about it
    I had a 1.3L Toyota Starlet......... overheated it and warped the head gasket a little bit..........

Got myself a new head gasket and installed it........ drove it around for a bit...... then BLAMO....... water started pouring out of the exhaust........ it had overheated again and blown a chunk clean out of the head..... I poured more water into the radiator and it came straight out the exhaust.

If I had been on steroids at the time, this wouldn't have happened.

delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 05:52 PM.

Tovarasu is offline Junior Member
    Alpha GPC is useless in dopamine related problems and if you already have a good source of choline you will start feeling like shit because that what it does in excess. Instead i recommend this stack URIDINE-OMEGA 3 With high DHA - B12 and B9. I took it from here corpina.com/uridine-supplement-stacks-help-repair-dopamine-receptors/
    Good luck i hope you feel better i know i started to, still am.

delete

Tovarasu is offline Junior Member
    Yes but the base of the stack is Uridine without it it isnt effective, and about fish oul you need a 4:1 DHA to EPA ratio. Now Foods has 2:1 - 500:250 and i take 2 pills daily.

delete

Uhm, the fish oil I take has a EPAHA ratio of 5:1, and it made a difference to me. Methylcobalamin makes me sleepy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information