• 1 Post By Rwy
  • 1 Post By KimboHalfSlice
  • 1 Post By Marsoc
  • 1 Post By Marsoc

Thread: Transhumanism - the human race melds with technology

Transhumanism - the human race melds with technology

the belief or theory that the human race can evolve beyond its current physical and mental limitations, especially by means of science and technology.

COMBINING with MACHINES!

technological singularity. the point at which a machine becomes self aware. some believe it will never happen because computers are too buggy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

"Between 1986 and 2007, machines' application-specific capacity to compute information per capita has roughly doubled every 14 months; the per capita capacity of the world's general-purpose computers has doubled every 18 months; the global telecommunication capacity per capita doubled every 34 months; and the world's storage capacity per capita doubled every 40 months." this will continue on and on.

it's said that nobody knows if, or even when singularity of machines will occur. some say any day now, or in 50-1000 years. the arguments for it not happening at all are pretty good though.

The terminator scenario is unlikely, but what is likely is that we will combine with technology to speed our evolution. machines may not "wake up" but we WILL COMBINE with them. this is inevitable.

does anyone find this fascinating like i do?

we can do something like this in a purely natural sense with eugenics. some strongly oppose eugenics, because of what it implies for the future and it's roots. I for one see eugenics as a potentially Divine thing. Eugenics is selective breeding. is anyone fascinated by the idea of breeding humans for traits, such as intelligence, strength and fighting ferocity, health, height, beauty.
    those who oppose eugenics say it can only work if we are forced to breed with specific people and only if some are not allowed to breed at all. for the future the obvious outcome would be a cast system of rulers, thinkers, warriors, and dregs. in short enslavement of the entire human race to create super races. in my scenario, however, lesser humans can be free to breed and the product/breed humans will be free to breed as they please as long as they contribute to the cause as many times as is determined. the goal would be one free race. free but perfect in every way.

i pissed this one guy off so much when i started talking eugenics. some of you may get mad, but it's simply an opinion.

check out these war machines! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=958PQ5IZHtQ

More WAR machines! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ24OfUMYcY

technological singularity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTPAQIvJ_1M

eugenics (always associated with evil... its too bad) https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=eugenics
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 07-11-2016 at 06:14 PM.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I've pondered this for many years. I think eugenics is actually a antiquated idea. With newer genetic editing techniques such as the advent of CRISPR/cas9 which basically give a geneticist a real time ability to edit the Dna of an organism.

There will be genetically modified people being created with in the next ten years. We have the ability now, it's really a matter of ethics at this point. Probably has been done somewhere clandestinely already.

I actually think we will be a meld of "designer" genetic and abiotic organisms in the very near future. Where as "parents," will pick traits and have those traits spliced into a custom embryo and then either incubate (which they have a functional artificial womb that is being perfected) or it will be implanted into a viable surrogate mother or a the mother herself. Although I think the abiotic portion will take longer since we are much more advanced in that area of genetic science than we are with the brain and neurology.

Already the thought that in the near future, women will not have children via their own womb all together. Child birth will become a barbaric thing of the past that only crazy or off the grid people do. We already think this in western society about "alternative," or natural child birth. Women that have babies at home via water birth or midwives etc and not in a hospital are already looked at a nutty and almost all births are under the rigors of high end medical interventions. And no fewer than 30-40% of child births are not through the birth canal, meaning C-section in the US.

later on in life the person as they mature will decide to implant or upgrade themselves with beneficial mechanical devices. I speculate one will be directly implantable mobile iPhones if you will. We will become a hive species and all interconnect to a central collective. Which according to some scientist, they already feel that we are. It brings up important questions about free will.

The writer for the Star Trek episodes that though up the Borg Species was in the league of Orson Wells in predicting the future with that thought. I think we will be more cosmetic about it, but I don't think people will resist. We already alter ourselves via cosmetic surgies and tatoos. People 100 years ago would be in disbelief if they saw what we all look like now.

All this even 50 years ago would have seemed unfathomable. There will be those that resist, but for the most part, this will all happen in our life times. The next few generations will be the last of homo sapien sapien, and will probably go extinct. Giving rise to the new species of homo sapien technica or homo sapien Transbiotics.

I fear that the Trans humans and human hold outs will break apart and diverge but the Trans humans will not allow the humans to coexist with them. We many precedents but more modernity the way society treats the unvaccinated in the west.

This is a controversial topic so hear me out. The US already has a law on the books for mandatory childhood vaccination with only extremely strict medical opt outs. This is in California and is called SB-277. Most states have religious, philosophical or medical opt outs. This law bans it, and give parents no right to choice of the now 68 inoculations before age18 and 34 before age 5 a choice in which ones they can choose, the state decides that. There is already law in the works for a mandatory adult vaccination schedule. In the US there is no other single law in the books that takes away parental right or individual free will such as this. However, the public is generally extremely supportive of this out of fear that the unvaccinated will spread death and disease. Much like the Trans humans will look at humans and their weak form of genetic selection ( sexual reproduction) and disease carrying bodies.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 07-12-2016 at 05:45 AM.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Good conversation-

I agree child birthing is changing. I am going through it with my wife as a soon to be first time dad (while on TRT!!!) From what I have learned is a lot of hospitals want c sections done as there are less complications then natural child birth. It wouldnt surprise me to end the process completely from a litigaous standpoint. Throw in a self absorbed younger generation obsessed with social media and eventually you are going to hit a point where women will not want their bodies to change and hospitals will be on the hook for less.

You currently are able to pay to choose eye color and sex of a baby. This is a luxury item of course. The scary part is how long before the super rich start genetically modifying physical and mental ability. Its not far off to think there could be a superior race. The athletic ability of Lebron James and the mind of Laurence Krauss.

I am not well versed in vaccinations and will need to learn about that in the coming months. However IMO big pharama wants as many diseases as possible to create revenue and they def control our government aka the legal bribe lobbying....

Pretty scary stuff and people argue about putting up a fucking wall......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy
    Good conversation- I agree child birthing is changing. I am going through it with my wife as a soon to be first time dad (while on TRT!!!) From what I have learned is a lot of hospitals want c sections done as there are less complications then natural child birth. It wouldnt surprise me to end the process completely from a litigaous standpoint. Throw in a self absorbed younger generation obsessed with social media and eventually you are going to hit a point where women will not want their bodies to change and hospitals will be on the hook for less. You currently are able to pay to choose eye color and sex of a baby. This is a luxury item of course. The scary part is how long before the super rich start genetically modifying physical and mental ability. Its not far off to think there could be a superior race. The athletic ability of Lebron James and the mind of Laurence Krauss. I am not well versed in vaccinations and will need to learn about that in the coming months. However IMO big pharama wants as many diseases as possible to create revenue and they def control our government aka the legal bribe lobbying.... Pretty scary stuff and people argue about putting up a fucking wall......
    The Obstetric journals estimate that 2/3rds of C-section births are not medically justified. The C-section does not come without risks from natural birth it just changes them. For example we know that C-section births increase the risk of autism by 25% presumably because the baby must be extracted which mean pulling on the head and neck. Secondly the baby must pass through the birth canal for a number of reasons. 1 being to help mold the shape of the head though the birth canal, introduce beneficial bacteria for immune and digestive function and to stimulate the respiratory system from the mechanical pressure of the birth canal on the chest
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

fascinating stuff!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Funny I googled this up after I just watched a movie about GM humans. I knew we had to be close so I went to google, I found it again. Funny thing I cant remember the movie, Im going to see if my wife remembers.

IVF: First genetically-modified human embryos 'could be created in Britain within weeks' | Science | News | The Independent

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    The Obstetric journals estimate that 2/3rds of C-section births are not medically justified. The C-section does not come without risks from natural birth it just changes them. For example we know that C-section births increase the risk of autism by 25% presumably because the baby must be extracted which mean pulling on the head and neck. Secondly the baby must pass through the birth canal for a number of reasons. 1 being to help mold the shape of the head though the birth canal, introduce beneficial bacteria for immune and digestive function and to stimulate the respiratory system from the mechanical pressure of the birth canal on the chest
    This does not surprise me at all given what I have been told.

I have been reading about C section vs natural birth. I would like for my wife to give birth naturally but if we are forced into a c section for risk reasons we are ok with it. I have read there is an increase risk but its not from c section so I dont know how that makes any sense.

BG
    Heres the movie Gattaca......www.imdb.com/title/tt0119177/synopsis

Decent movie if your into that stuff

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG
    Heres the movie Gattaca......www.imdb.com/title/tt0119177/synopsis Decent movie if your into that stuff
    yeah, great movie and thought provoking.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    This does not surprise me at all given what I have been told. I have been reading about C section vs natural birth. I would like for my wife to give birth naturally but if we are forced into a c section for risk reasons we are ok with it. I have read there is an increase risk but its not from c section so I dont know how that makes any sense.
    The autism risk link came out in a 2015 study so it's a pretty new link but the data seems to hold true. The thing with autism is that there isn't one singular cause. So there is not going to be a miracle cure. My personal belief in it is that it's many factorial for most children.

Some risk factors are pesticides, household chemicals, prenatal drug abuse, prescription drugs/ prenatal or post natal. Trauma at birth or after, exposure to food/water born chemicals, genetics, congenital error with no outside cause, andVaccines( yes there is a link 124 studies show this to date) and it's not the disease agent it's the preservatives for those that STILL use Mercury based preservatives which there are that still do., Aluminum based adjuvants which most use, formaldehyde/formalin. (1,2)

I think this link diminishes greatly after 24-36 months based on infant/toddler having incomplete blood brain barrier and primitive/limited renal function. Which is why I think vaccination is still important. Just not in the very young, sick or elderly. Secondly, birth trauma for c-section and natural even birth seems to be the mechanism for the increase rate of autism. Forced extraction and mechanical pressure on the head via, hand, forcept, vacuum etc.

it takes 80lb of force roughly to artificially extract a baby. That is why you should insist that the on keep their hands off the babies head and neck as they come. Epidural greatly diminishes the amount of "push," that mom can exert because of the complete sensory block to the waste. In this instance extraction is all but required. So there is my rant for the day. Back to the topic lol.

1. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3m...w?pref=2&pli=1

2. http://circleofdocs.com/30-solid-sci...-cause-autism/
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 07-13-2016 at 12:56 PM.
    Tlolec the toilet likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

BG
    yeah, great movie and thought provoking.
    For sure, got me Googling

I thought again, that move was real good, ending was great.

gattaca was great. Jude law was also good as Jiggalo Joe in AI, lol Ewan Mcgregor did one called The Island. it was great too.

this jiggalo joe vid is looped, lol! "jiggalo joe what do you know" over an over an over https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=628I3hU57IA

Jupiter Ascending was pretty cool if you can stand Channing tatum

here are some classics

The island of Dr. Moreau

The Fly
    Dark city is not at all like any of the above, but it's good science Fiction

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post
    gattaca was great. Jude law was also good as Jiggalo Joe in AI, lol Ewan Mcgregor did one called The Island. it was great too.

this jiggalo joe vid is looped, lol! "jiggalo joe what do you know" over an over an over https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=628I3hU57IA

Jupiter Ascending was pretty cool if you can stand Channing tatum

here are some classics

The island of Dr. Moreau

The Fly
    Dark city is not at all like any of the above, but it's good science Fiction
    LOL@"If you can stand Channing Tatum"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG
    LOL@"If you can stand Channing Tatum"
    +2.....lol

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Rwy
    Best Space flick in quite sometime IMO is Interstellar. I will go as far as saying its one of the best movies in years. Some of it was science fiction but they did a good job bending some of what we know to be true. Its so thought provoking at the end of the movie people were just staring into the screen and are like wtf just happened.......Highly Highly recommend.
    BG likes this.

Interstellar. it felt like the most realistic. it reminded me of Contact. the Martian was great too. the first independence day was awesome.

this guy does ok movie reviews. they are video game and movie nerds. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...592A92B9D56BB0
    BG likes this.

Blog Entries
    Best Space flick in quite sometime IMO is Interstellar. I will go as far as saying its one of the best movies in years. Some of it was science fiction but they did a good job bending some of what we know to be true. Its so thought provoking at the end of the movie people were just staring into the screen and are like wtf just happened.......Highly Highly recommend.
    I wasn't a fan so much. The end reminded me of Signs and Contact where people live in their own quasi-emotion universe driven by the loss of their father or something along those lines.

I have a hard time with some of these movies because I'm such a science nut. Gravity and the Martian were good, I once upon a time worked in a research lab in university with a small grant working with JPL and the "Mars Project" that studied salt loving organisms much like what we think would be there now. Since we know there is salty or briny water on the surface now. So the Martian when he started growing the food from Martian soil, had a particular interest to me.

http://www.space.com/30673-water-flo...discovery.html

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    Didnt see but Im going to check it out this weekend.

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Didnt see but Im going to check it out this weekend.
    Let me know what you think!
    BG likes this.

Rwy
    I wasn't a fan so much. The end reminded me of Signs and Contact where people live in their own quasi-emotion universe driven by the loss of their father or something along those lines.

I have a hard time with some of these movies because I'm such a science nut. Gravity and the Martian were good, I once upon a time worked in a research lab in university with a small grant working with JPL and the "Mars Project" that studied salt loving organisms much like what we think would be there now. Since we know there is salty or briny water on the surface now. So the Martian when he started growing the food from Martian soil, had a particular interest to me.

Salty Water Flows on Mars Today, Boosting Odds for Life
    I liked the Martian a lot. I don't remember Contact, and I kinda see where you are coming from with the comparison to signs. The end of interstellar goes full blown science fiction but IMO it ties together something never seen on the movie screen and the idea of time was wildly entertaining. Like they said the one constant is Love. There is no greater emotion!

This is an enjoyable listen

The Science of Interstellar with Christopher Nolan | StarTalk Radio Show by Neil deGrasse Tyson

thatguy007 is offline New Member
    very true

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

speaking of the chinese. their people have been getting taller, but so have most of the worlds people. What i am really getting at is that their ethics have undergone a huge change since their last revolution. Genetic testing is not something they would shy away from like us Americans have (in my opinion, religion is the cause of many of the worlds problems and is holding us back)

And so RaginCagin, there you have it. thanks for the article.

yea, developing therapies to make tons of money with and oh uh super soldiers, brainiacs, and tall beautiful people.

I think a day will come when we will all impregnate our women with Michael Phelps's sperm.

I've anticipated this day for some time now, and I've been working on something.

For you see, Michael Phelps is but one man, and the finite amount of sperm that he can produce isn't adequate for the entire globe.

But what if you could cum Michael Phelps's sperm?

Imagine it wasn't your wife who went to the fertility clinic, but you. Imagine if we could alter men's testicles to have them produce Michael Phelp's sperm. Imagine what this would mean! No shame or embarrassment as you yourself get to impregnate your wife naturally!

Think about that as you go about your day.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ofcourse we are still evolving.. anyone that thinks this is the end stage is in lala land IMO...

we are already combining with machines, specially with nano tech and general advanced implants. now we can even buy CRISPPr tech and do it in our garages if you have the basic understanding of it. its only a matter of time. and i dont think it will be in 50yrs or even 20 i think it will be sooner that it hits main stream. has it been don in secret? im sure it has, liek mentioned, question of morals at this point. but a doc doing it on himself or someone that is dying so as to try save them somehow will likely be how it get broken to the main stream IMO

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    yepp

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Nigga.....wtf. Nah jk. Lol. I have to read what you wrote. I have not yet lol. Just started and stopped. To much

Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    Nigga.....wtf. Nah jk. Lol. I have to read what you wrote. I have not yet lol. Just started and stopped. To much
    Is that for me?
    Marsoc likes this.

off topic thing. I've got another one on business philosophy. it's stranger because the metaphors it involves.

Quote Originally Posted by KimboHalfSlice View Post
    Is that for me?

No for Toltec

what's wrong Mar? you dont want this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scientific-American_Mind-Machine-interface_Transhuman_Transhumanism1.jpg 
Views:	728 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	165449

you believe in god, don't you?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frieze-13.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	165450
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 09-14-2016 at 06:15 PM.

You know, the Pre-Columbian cultures, such as the Olmec, Maya, and Aztecs didn't really have concepts for good and evil. unlike Jesus, and the saints, pre-columbian Heros, martyrs, whatever weren't revered for their divinity/purity. they were revered for being clever, surviving, and getting things done. that sometimes meant defying/tricking their gods, and even killing them. everyone knows that their decline was one of decadence and that they were wiped out by plague, and war, but my point is that their philosophy is correct for where we need to go as Americans. no one is innocent and those who claim to be are liars. we all seek things and we all covet.

every year the amount of christian believers declines and this is good, because religion does nothing good. one can be spiritual and kind to others without religion.

The stupid thing about me is that i can feel guilty about something as petty as leaving my shopping cart in the parking lot, but feel no guilt whatsoever about things i should be racked with guilt about per the conventions of societal living. I have always fought convention.

Ralph Waldo Emerson - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day...

Marsoc,
    you and i might both be in the military but i think our philosophical/religious and political opinions differ greatly. you have your conventions and i dont have mine. I am a heathen, Sir.
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 09-14-2016 at 06:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post
    You know, the Pre-Columbian cultures, such as the Olmec, Maya, and Aztecs didn't really have concepts for good and evil. unlike Jesus, and the saints, pre-columbian Heros, martyrs, whatever weren't revered for their divinity/purity. they were revered for being clever, surviving, and getting things done. that sometimes meant defying/tricking their gods, and even killing them. everyone knows that their decline was one of decadence and that they were wiped out by plague, and war, but my point is that their philosophy is correct for where we need to go as Americans. no one is innocent and those who claim to be are liars. we all seek things and we all covet.

every year the amount of christian believers declines and this is good, because religion does nothing good. one can be spiritual and kind to others without religion.

The stupid thing about me is that i can feel guilty about something as petty as leaving my shopping cart in the parking lot, but feel no guilt whatsoever about things i should be racked with guilt about per the conventions of societal living. I have always fought convention.

Ralph Waldo Emerson - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day...

Marsoc,
    you and i might both be in the military but i think our philosophical/religious and political opinions differ greatly. you have your conventions and i dont have mine. I am a heathen, Sir.
    I think it's a travesty that less and less people follow the teachings of Christ. I agree religion is not always great, but outside of that. Jesus was a man that believed love above all things.

Other men have corrupted that message. If we all would Follow his example and just love each other. We would all be for the better.

that's true as an ideal, but man will always be man, but there is nothing wrong with having ideals.

just because something cannot be attained does not mean one should not try to achieve it. perfection as a common example. so many people dont try too hard at anything in life because they believe/know they will fall short in some way, so they totally give up and just skate through life. this will always be a part of human nature

it is hard to have that 'i'm going to do the best i can attitude' at all times. -every successful person received help at some point in their lives. anyone who says they didn't is lying, or amazing and rare. we should not turn a blind eye to the possibilities of technology and what it could do for the entire human. genious will become average.

increasing memory can drastically alter a persons personality. And imagine living for 3,000.00 years. couple that with an ability to learn much faster than even the smartest humans today.

today many people are talking about short attention spans and how technology is making us lazy and stupid. it's the easy way out right? some people are saying that though we've lost some things we are developing an entirely new set of skills because of technology. one could say we need it as a race. imagine combining with it. being one in the same.

Where are we going evolution wise. is trans-humanism the correct next phase. technology is a natural development of an intelligent race. is this our destiny, or are we misguided?
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 09-15-2016 at 10:23 AM.

to be totally honest, i want this thread to die. it's a major distraction for me. i should have never brought it back by responding, lol. fvcking subscriptions

Transgender humanism I.e trannys

I really thought I was onto something with the Michael Phelps thing

Thread Information