Pheedno is offline Respected Member

The women bashing-What the hell is wrong with you

I've been seeing a truck load of threads/posts lately that are extremely offensive concerning the female gender. I'm not talking about bro's speaking on problems, or asking advise on a situation about a woman, or even a simple rant or short statment about a woman that might have wronged you. I'm talking about sensless, worthless, degrading posts by members that range from drugging women to battery. It's immature and actually kind of enraging to think of members who would do, or think of doing such acts.
    Their are several female members on this board that I would consider firends and I know none of them would aprreciate the lack of integrity that these posts seem to contain. I've questioned posting this because for the most part, these statments are made because the comfort of anonymity prevents embarassment, and that "power" sometimes gets in the way of acceptable and mature thought.
    I think we should hold each other to higher standards here and these posts are absolutley a waste of time to post, a waste of time to read, and a wasted consumption of baord space(Even more than Can I Drink Winny)

No offense to any of the guys and I'm not singling anyone out. I'm just expressing a concern that I feel should be shared among all of us.

-Pheedno

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Has anyone acctauly admitted to drugging a women?
    Loser!

BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Has anyone acctauly admitted to drugging a women?
    Loser!
    I think that is the lowest shit in the world....

I would love to be in front of the scum that would even consider that....

ichiban is offline Female Member
    Pheedno-- You are a true ladies man. Thank you!!

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Sorry Pheedno

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Good call Phee...

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    I guess I've just learned what i could about people that way...i try to let people be themselves, i just judge how that effects my reactions to them. Little respect always goes a long way in my opinion.

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    I am in agreement with you on this. You also have to realise that these post that were made were clearly jokes and if not taken that way im sure they were intended that way. I have made pleasurable jokes before but jokes that were tastefull and not the the degree that you have described. I am in agreement here the jokes need to adhere to women's taste as well.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FKITLETSGO
    I am in agreement with you on this. You also have to realise that these post that were made were clearly jokes and if not taken that way im sure they were intended that way.

That is a valid point, but you put someones mother's, sister's, or daughter's name in one of those jokes and it suddenly isn't so hard to see the wrong. This isn't the case here, but I'm trying to make the point that thoughts of this kind, jokes of this kind, cannot be excused in one case, and punished in the next. You put a face on the Jane Doe that joke was about and it gets serious.
    Just put yourself in that position. Imagine overhearing the SOB that made a "joke" about your girlfriend, or sister, or daughter; or possibly a comment on a lude sexual desire that he has for that person in your life. Sounds more like a dangerous situation than a humerous one.
    And I'm speaking of specific comments/jokes here. Jokes or comments on impairing a womans judgment for the sole purpose of seducing her, Jokes or comments that express the opinion that women are only good for one thing(this one has broad possibilities of which the specifics I won't list), and Especially jokes or comments on beating or abusing a woman in any way.

All I'm saying is, put yourself in someone else's shoes & consider all who are reading. He'll, the evocation of thought should disuade the majority.

sweet is offline Associate Member
    I am unfortunately responsible for part of this, I did start a thread which unfortunatly got a bit out of hand. I want to make it clear, this was not my intent. I thought my thread was whitty and it made me laugh so I figured I would share it with you all. I did not expect or want the kind of response it receved. Pheedno, if you or any other member, male or female was offended by it, I appologise.

sweet
    Last edited by sweet; 07-04-2003 at 11:17 AM.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    While this board is a little more open the rules still apply. I think it is less those threads obviously started as a joke and more the posts with an ugly tone. There is no reason to refer to women as "whores" or discuss participating in physical or sexual abuse. Pheedno makes a good point about mothers, sisters and daughters. Before you post think if it is something you would want your mother or girlfriend to read. There is nothing wrong with good natured fun but understand that this board is very diverse and we want to make all genders, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations feel welcome.

The Butcher is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    I've questioned posting this because for the most part, these statments are made because the comfort of anonymity prevents embarassment, and that "power" sometimes gets in the way of acceptable and mature thought.

No offense to any of the guys and I'm not singling anyone out. I'm just expressing a concern that I feel should be shared among all of us.

-Pheedno

I started a thread last night Titled "Women Suck". The text of the thread that I wrote was simply, "Well that about sums it up. Thanks for listening guys. I feel better now." The inspiration behind this thread came from my recent (last 10 months or so) experiences with women. I have no problem saying this to the face of anyone, and I have done so several times in the past few days. Those who know me (in real life, not here on the net) know to take this statement with a certain sense of humor. While I do not truly dislike women, I will admit to being very frustrated with the self-centered nature of the few I have been involved with lately. My apologies go out to any female member who took offense to this. I think that by my statements in the text of the thread that it could clearly be seen as a sense of frustration that I resolved on my own through a little rant. Just voicing some frustration.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    That's the thing aout offensive material. It's not how it was intended, but rather how it is percieved by ay individual reading or listening to the material. I whole heartily agree with Pheedno on this matter and think that memers here need to think about what they are typing efore they hit the post button. Good call Pheedno.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    From years of hanging out with all guys one learns to take stuff pretty well. Out of all I've heard or been told, i don't think i've ever been offended by somebody who didn't mean to offend...and the other times one of my boys stepped in so quick i didn't have time to get offended...lol, guess it's all about how you look at things, as a general rule I tell my friends if you don't want your gf called a whore, don't call somebody else's that...etc.

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Up to you how you take it... freedom of speech lets me say whatever the hell i want if you dont like it 2 bad... not trying to be a dick or woman hater but i think every1 has the right to say whatever they want if they offend somone so be it, i haven't taken offense to anything anyone has said yet and even if my girlfriend or mother was put in there i wouldn't be offended because it's just words...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Needtobeswoledup
    Up to you how you take it... freedom of speech lets me say whatever the hell i want if you dont like it 2 bad... not trying to be a dick or woman hater but i think every1 has the right to say whatever they want if they offend somone so be it, i haven't taken offense to anything anyone has said yet and even if my girlfriend or mother was put in there i wouldn't be offended because it's just words...
    The thing is that this is a privat forum with rules. So if you offend someone repetetly then a mod can(and ultimately will) ban you.
    I used to post here like a year ago and have been lurking since then and now started to post again. What made and still makes this board the best is the friendly atmosphere. So I hope useless name calling and bashing wont be allowed, because then we will become just another anabolex(not a bad board, but way to much flaming and bad mouthing).
    That is just my oppinion, but I think and hope most of the people here share that oppinion.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Needtobeswoledup
    I am afraid it doesn't work that way. The freedom you have is to choose whether you want to participate on this board or not. If you do then you have to follow the rules and guidelines set forth by the owner. This is not a democracy it is a benovelent dictatorship. If you take the time, effort, and money to set up your own board then of course you can say whatever you want. It is not our intention to suppress views only to protect our members and the integrity of the board. I think the precedent on this has been set and enforced on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher
    I started a thread last night Titled "Women Suck". The text of the thread that I wrote was simply, "Well that about sums it up. Thanks for listening guys. I feel better now." The inspiration behind this thread came from my recent (last 10 months or so) experiences with women. I have no problem saying this to the face of anyone, and I have done so several times in the past few days. Those who know me (in real life, not here on the net) know to take this statement with a certain sense of humor. While I do not truly dislike women, I will admit to being very frustrated with the self-centered nature of the few I have been involved with lately. My apologies go out to any female member who took offense to this. I think that by my statements in the text of the thread that it could clearly be seen as a sense of frustration that I resolved on my own through a little rant. Just voicing some frustration.

Butcher, I found your thread to fall under what Rickson was saying about good natured fun. I think every man on the Earth has stated that sentence at one time or another. Thats why I specified that it wasn't the simple rants or the seeking of advice on women problems, but rather posts like the ones which followed your initial post. Those posts that follow that tend to increasingly degrade into unacceptable reading are what needs to be re-thought.
    I personally don't think it's hard to distinguish between the acceptable joke, and a blatent defamatory or insulting remark.

I just ask the board to use their judgment in what they post. We must do that when handing advice on cycling. We should do that when discussing other subjects.

Pheedno

TANK01 is offline Associate Member
    << Bump >>

BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    I sometimes forget that this board is about AS. So many different things going on and being talked about. You can say there is tons of unfaced friendships here and rather weird bonds that people form.

Those people that make stupid comments about women think they could get away with it being that posting it at a board like this one, or any board, provides them with anonymity and that protects them from any scolding. They probably think they will form some stupid macho bond with others on this board by saying things that they think are funny but all in all are just dumb and really crude comments. I am very glad this was addressed because if not it would probably just continue and make this place an unwelcome environment for the others that do have respect for PEOPLE.

As this board is primarily made up of males I would think more BS like that would be floating around and probably would be if someone didnt address it.

Im glad to see there are like minded people that regard being respectful to other PEOPLE as highly as I do... I all of you.

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Your right and I don't feel like anything that has been said has broken any of the rules or guidelines set forth for this board? All i've seen is some people venting with women problems and of course after somone gets burned they are going to say some not so nice things about women(i've heard plenty of women say some not so nice things about men). I think it's nice that they can come here and vent and talk about those things. Yes it can get out of hand and that's what the mods are for, if you feel like it has then step in and erase the thread or let somone know or whatever you need to do. I was trying to say I didn't feel like it had, or that there was place to do that but probably didn't come off very well in saying it.

Thread Information