• 2 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Marsoc
  • 3 Post By diesel101
  • 3 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 4 Post By 73rr
  • 1 Post By Couchlock
  • 1 Post By tarmyg

Thread: Do weird people in the gym make you mad?

DHew is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Do weird people in the gym make you mad?

There are a few people in my gym that walk around with air lats and obviously think they are ten times bigger than they really are. This one guy likes to hike up his shorts to basically his balls and then do half range of motion squats on the smith machine with his chicken legs. One day I saw him tuck the front part of his shirt in his collar so he could look at his stomach while doing these smith machine squats.

People like this make me so mad, I want to ask them what the fuck they are doing sometimes.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Just focus on what your doing don't worry about what other people are doing

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Weird people annoy me everywhere so I made my home gym. Go out all day repping your business door to door and you will meet some real fruitcakes. I am the most grateful person on earth when I land a deal with a normal person. Real folks get a big discount.
    diesel101 and Proximal like this.

Blog Entries
    Or how about the ones that wear the 1980s lifting style tank tops and walk around giving pointers to the girls trying to workout

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I don't know about mad - more like disgusted & sad

Sad that there are "people" who are really that nuts - and that's not even as bad is gets

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    That's the thing. I have a complex where I think people are noticing me or looking so I gomat night when nobody is there ..so I don't have to worry about anyone else. Cuz I pace back and forth like a rabid starving caged lion
    Obs likes this.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I am irritated by 98% of the human race.
    But being I deal with the general public I put on my happy face and just think to myself "what a dipsh!t" at least 20 times a day.
    DHew, Obs and < <Samson> > like this.

Blog Entries
    I am irritated by 98% of the human race.
    So much this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    No weird ppl in my gym, its a US thing:

Scuba Greaves, Proximal and Obs like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

The wierd thing is this was all shot the same day at the same walmart.
    Marsoc likes this.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Only time it really bothers me is when the ppl are being a** holes at the gym. Dress how ever u want. Lift what ever way u want but don't make fun of ppl trying or push ppl off the weights there using just because u think your cool.
    Obs, Mooseman33, Charlie67 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

It's funny cuz I never seen anything crazy at the one by me. Some of the pics on here wenrent even bad lol. Probaly cuz I don't frequent walmart so much

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Aside from home gym, I have a membership to planet fagness.

I use PF for leg machines and crossover machines, that's it.

I hate 99.9% of the dip shits there.

The worst is the high school kids, loading 4 45's on a smith, then humping up 10 reps in 5 seconds (nothing but neck on bench, full basketball bounces off chest)

"WHOO HOO, 225 10 FUCKING TIMES MOTHER FUXKER"

after a month of this, I finally said to them

"Your actions are intimidating me, please settle down, by the way, starting resistance is 20lbs, not 45, so you just struggled like crazy for 10 half reps of 200.

I even posted a note in locker room,

Smith bar is 20 lbs.
    4 45s is 200 on there.
    Ass up is not real rep
    Bouncing is all momentum
    Slow and steady reps are the only reps that count.

I hate this group of 6 kids, plus all 5 of the ones not on deck, sit Round and pantomime rap songs on their headphones like some fagtastic wack ass Justin beiber.
    Obs likes this.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Aside from home gym, I have a membership to planet fagness.

I use PF for leg machines and crossover machines, that's it.

I hate 99.9% of the dip shits there.

The worst is the high school kids, loading 4 45's on a smith, then humping up 10 reps in 5 seconds (nothing but neck on bench, full basketball bounces off chest)

"WHOO HOO, 225 10 FUCKING TIMES MOTHER FUXKER"

after a month of this, I finally said to them

"Your actions are intimidating me, please settle down, by the way, starting resistance is 20lbs, not 45, so you just struggled like crazy for 10 half reps of 200.

I even posted a note in locker room,

Smith bar is 20 lbs.
    4 45s is 200 on there.
    Ass up is not real rep
    Bouncing is all momentum
    Slow and steady reps are the only reps that count.

I hate this group of 6 kids, plus all 5 of the ones not on deck, sit Round and pantomime rap songs on their headphones like some fagtastic wack ass Justin beiber.
    Planet fitness was made for ppl to work out and not feel like ppl are watching them but I feel like it's one of the worst places for ppl doing exactly that.

I lift at a x sports. Bunch of Bro's but everyone stays to themself for the most part.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Its just the idiots that piss me off: leaving dbs sitting around, leaving multiple 45s on, or putting their gear on a machine to "claim" that machine/bench/rack while they are working at 2 or 3 different areas.

Blog Entries
    When I see people take up 3 different things to use, I just walk up and take the one I need. I do the same thing when people workout for one set, then spend 7 mins on the phone...I just take it.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DHew View Post
    When I see people take up 3 different things to use, I just walk up and take the one I need. I do the same thing when people workout for one set, then spend 7 mins on the phone...I just take it.
    I'll say something "politely"

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    I only get irritated when someone tries to talk to me. Stay out of my way don't talk to don't look at me leave me alone otherwise you are not going to like the look I will give you. Wear whatever scream however ,workout how ever don't care just don't try and talk to me when I am listening to my music loud and pacing back and forth cause I can't wait to get another set

Blog Entries
    Or how about the ones that wear the 1980s lifting style tank tops and walk around giving pointers to the girls trying to workout
    we have one of those in our gym...he is a nice guy but all about talking than lifting...I feel bad for the ladies because not a single one can pass by him without him somehow stopping them to talk and of course teaching them something...he certainly doesn't lack confidence at 5'8" 140 lbs...again he means well but I get a chuckle every time it happens...he dose not make me angry though, nice guy but weird...

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    I only get irritated when someone tries to talk to me. Stay out of my way don't talk to don't look at me leave me alone otherwise you are not going to like the look I will give you. Wear whatever scream however ,workout how ever don't care just don't try and talk to me when I am listening to my music loud and pacing back and forth cause I can't wait to get another set
    Man i so do agree with u. This is a reason why i sometimes train at home. Why cant they see its written all over the face..."dont talk to me know, im busy"...Its easy for me to see it, why cant they? Ok i respect they come to the gym to be social and talk but then they should respect me. That i dont wanna talk, that every word steals energy and focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    Man i so do agree with u. This is a reason why i sometimes train at home. Why cant they see its written all over the face..."dont talk to me know, im busy"...Its easy for me to see it, why cant they? Ok i respect they come to the gym to be social and talk but then they should respect me. That i dont wanna talk, that every word steals energy and focus.
    I dont get this part. Why socialize? Yeah "hello ...how u doing" is ok. But on weekend when I walked it a cpl was talking standing besides treadmill after I was done 2 hours they were still talking at the same place...WTF...get a room.
    I just renewed my membership and the day after when I went it the guy at the counter stopped me asking that "it is expired" I told him its been renewed check after I gave a very long and cold look.

When I. At my sisters I feel kind of mean when my niece and nephew come down and ask me questions repeatedly when in middle of lift or take my stuff..I tell them "not while I'm working out" lol

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've been going to my current gym for about 5 years... aside from the kid at the desk, I bet there's not 2 people who know my name. I'm just indifferent to whoever is there, I have my music on and I get in, and I get out. I'm not being rude, I'm just focused... and I have a lot of kids who need me at home. For what its worth, I'm very supportive of unhealthy people getting fit. As long as they are really trying. I'm not going to chat with them and become lifting buds, but I don't mind if they are slow and a bit awkward. They're trying and that's important. There's a few people there who I'm sure have mental issues that make life hard for them, be compassionate and just let them do their thing.

Best,
    C-

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    I only get irritated when someone tries to talk to me. Stay out of my way don't talk to don't look at me leave me alone otherwise you are not going to like the look I will give you.

Unless - U r a female & look good

I will talk them - just because I am oh so nice

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    When I. At my sisters I feel kind of mean when my niece and nephew come down and ask me questions repeatedly when in middle of lift or take my stuff..I tell them "not while I'm working out" lol
    Just let them help or workout.

Putt 2x their weight on lat pull down, hand them bar, and tell them to hold on.

Then when they are launched up, just let them hang till your done.

"You scream, ill never take you down..."

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Most important tip. Never start talking to a new guy. Then they will be all over your ass. I done this mistake a few times. And the dudeS think one chat is a licence to talk to me everyday the next 10 years.

But if he is well oiled, go ahead. Then it will be interessting and heavy users will never suck energy from u.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Unless - U r a female & look good

I will talk them - just because I am oh so nice
    Oh I don't have that problem I been told I m very intense to the point that I look mad I am ok with that.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Weird people makes the world interesting. Now, if you're are being rude or simply impolite in the gym I'll have issues.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg
    Weird people makes the world interesting. Now, if you're are being rude or simply impolite in the gym I'll have issues.
    Like!

Blog Entries
    I want to start posting pics of some of this shit. There is a couple of guys who work out in full sweats and sweater gear, hood always up so you can't really see their face. Yesterday they loaded up like 10 plates on the smith machine and were doing about 1/4 reps on incline bench. They would yell at each other and then say out loud how they need to watch out because they are becoming way too strong

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post

But if he is well oiled, go ahead. Then it will be interessting
    Well, this explains some of your recent threads (especially the one about rubbing semen on yourself).

I want to start posting pics of some of this shit. There is a couple of guys who work out in full sweats and sweater gear, hood always up so you can't really see their face. Yesterday they loaded up like 10 plates on the smith machine and were doing about 1/4 reps on incline bench. They would yell at each other and then say out loud how they need to watch out because they are becoming way too strong
    So here is my question for you? Why are you paying attention to anyone but your workout? Play your music loud so you dont pay attention to their crap. Common sense isnt common and I made peace with it long time ago. instead of getting irritated just do your workout. go in get it done and get out and then they need to watch out because you will be becoming way too strong couldnt help myself.

Blog Entries
    I am hyper vigilant, I can't help it

Thread Information