Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NACH3
  • 1 Post By Obs

Thread: knee and elbow support suggestion please

uniqueusername is offline New Member

knee and elbow support suggestion please

I haven't done squats in 6 months but my knees are not getting better. I have pain in my elbows too - I have no freaking idea what's going on.

I have done bloodwork to see if I have Arthritis or not - very normal result.

Went to a few physio sessions too, it's hit n miss.

I am getting discouraged and it's affecting me a little bit.

I would like to get back with full force asap.

Can you please suggest some good brands/link/store etc for elbow and knee support? Knee support is more important because I really don't want them skinny legs.

If there is anything anyone can suggest for my injuries, I'd greatly appreciate your comments.

- Not on cycle
    - 31 yo
    - 175 lbs, 5"8
    - active job

Thanks in advance.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uniqueusername View Post
    I haven't done squats in 6 months but my knees are not getting better. I have pain in my elbows too - I have no freaking idea what's going on.

I have done bloodwork to see if I have Arthritis or not - very normal result.

Went to a few physio sessions too, it's hit n miss.

I am getting discouraged and it's affecting me a little bit.

I would like to get back with full force asap.

Can you please suggest some good brands/link/store etc for elbow and knee support? Knee support is more important because I really don't want them skinny legs.

If there is anything anyone can suggest for my injuries, I'd greatly appreciate your comments.

- Not on cycle
    - 31 yo
    - 175 lbs, 5"8
    - active job

Thanks in advance.
    Try wrapping ur knees Look to see how it's done. Unsure about elbows. It's not are getting super extended or anything in the position they are in when squatting. Try just pacing your feet where they feel comfortable. I know they say keep ur knees behind the front of your feet from ur perspective. But maybe try Wide or more narrow. Etcetc.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I have arthritis pretty bad. I took glucosamine and it helped with a lot of the pain. I don't know if it will last. I got on a deca cycle and my joint pain is almost nonexistent except in my lower back sometimes in the morning. I'm not pushing deca as a fix I'm just saying I may come off this cycle and be in a world of hurt and glucosamine may not be so effective as I think it is. My knees still pop when I squat but it doesn't hurt. Glucosamine puts the oil back in your joints. You can buy it at any pharm.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    U got tennis elbows. I have them and it flairs up especially when I get back into my routine. I wear elbow support while working out. I also have knee support that I wear. Knee support I picked up from pharmacy it was 25$ each I think and wife got me elbow support so have no clue how much that cost. Ask your doctor about tennis elbows. I had cortazone(so?) shots it helped initially but I was lifting too heavy I came back. Start with minimum weight with the support on. Icing them will help too

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    I have arthritis pretty bad. I took glucosamine and it helped with a lot of the pain. I don't know if it will last. I got on a deca cycle and my joint pain is almost nonexistent except in my lower back sometimes in the morning. I'm not pushing deca as a fix I'm just saying I may come off this cycle and be in a world of hurt and glucosamine may not be so effective as I think it is. My knees still pop when I squat but it doesn't hurt. Glucosamine puts the oil back in your joints. You can buy it at any pharm.
    They make a product most use it has glucosamine/condroiten/& msm in one.... better than using just one imo / I use it for my shoulder and elbows/knees... amazon should carry it.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    They make a product most use it has glucosamine/condroiten/& msm in one.... better than using just one imo / I use it for my shoulder and elbows/knees... amazon should carry it.
    I will check that out. Mine has MSM and hyaluronic acid. Glucosamine hci is better than glucosamine sulfate. I used to take sulfate and there wasn't much of a result. I take shiff brand btw.
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    I have taken all kinds of OTC pills including animal pack joint support but it doesn't get better to a point I can workout aggressively. I did read about deca being helpful with joints. Can someone stay on low doses of deca forever? I understand it has to be someone on TRT but wondering if deca can be used permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    U got tennis elbows. I have them and it flairs up especially when I get back into my routine. I wear elbow support while working out. I also have knee support that I wear. Knee support I picked up from pharmacy it was 25$ each I think and wife got me elbow support so have no clue how much that cost. Ask your doctor about tennis elbows. I had cortazone(so?) shots it helped initially but I was lifting too heavy I came back. Start with minimum weight with the support on. Icing them will help too
    I already saw a doctor who said I don't have tennis elbows. I read those shots can only be taken 6 times per injured area but they are not effective for heavy workouts - the pain comes back.

I will buy some support, start slow and ice them too. Anything else you recommend I do or don't based on your personal experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post

Try wrapping ur knees Look to see how it's done. Unsure about elbows. It's not are getting super extended or anything in the position they are in when squatting. Try just pacing your feet where they feel comfortable. I know they say keep ur knees behind the front of your feet from ur perspective. But maybe try Wide or more narrow. Etcetc.
    I have never tried wrapping my knees. I will give this a try if I am able to return.

I didn't think turning 30 would be so difficult -Lmaoo

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Everyone is different wat works for one may not on another.But if your Doctor isn't giving you the answers you want try another one.Beacuse there is a reason for that pain and you really need to know wat it is.Masking the pain to lift could be just be making the matters worse.

Obs
    I have taken all kinds of OTC pills including animal pack joint support but it doesn't get better to a point I can workout aggressively. I did read about deca being helpful with joints. Can someone stay on low doses of deca forever? I understand it has to be someone on TRT but wondering if deca can be used permanently.
    I have never heard of it being used permanently. Some say it didn't help their joints at all (which i find hard to believe) If you came back clean of arthritis on your blood, and have tried over the counter mess you better get it looked at. It might be an easy quick fix.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Everyone is different wat works for one may not on another.But if your Doctor isn't giving you the answers you want try another one.Beacuse there is a reason for that pain and you really need to know wat it is.Masking the pain to lift could be just be making the matters worse.
    This scares me the most, hence i have been taking it very easy. The problem is my injuries are very specific to heavy workouts. I can live my daily life comfortably so doctors don't really care to investigate further. I have already tried two doctors.

I will try more physio sessions - thats all I can do.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I like my Rehband 7mm knee sleeves and my Rehband 5mm elbow sleeves. They really keep some heat in the joints.
    Also, for general pain relief, the DMSO aloe vera gel available on Amazon gives decent relief.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I like my Rehband 7mm knee sleeves and my Rehband 5mm elbow sleeves. They really keep some heat in the joints.
    Also, for general pain relief, the DMSO aloe vera gel available on Amazon gives decent relief.
    Thankyou very much.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Thankyou very much.
    No problem. If.you try the DMSO aloe gel that is available on Amazon and you like it, thank kelkel. He is the one that told me about it.
    The Rehband sleeves I mentioned are available on Amazon as well.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post

No problem. If.you try the DMSO aloe gel that is available on Amazon and you like it, thank kelkel. He is the one that told me about it.
    The Rehband sleeves I mentioned are available on Amazon as well.
    I ordered 2 elbow sleeves and 2 knee sleeves at 29 USD each. Let's hope sizing works out, I got lucky with black friday pricing.

Thanks again.

Thread Information