Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is trt detectable on a drug test?

  1. #1
    Octaneforce's Avatar
    Octaneforce is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New yawkkk
    Posts
    709

    Is trt detectable on a drug test?

    When using trt just enough to maintain healthy test levels, could that be enough to show up on drug test? Obviously most of us dont run into that but what about professional or even semi pro athletes? Would being on trt barr them from competeting?

  2. #2
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,434
    Yes, it is detectable (so long as it is synthesized from a plant source). Some sporting bodies do allow HRT and others don't.

  3. #3
    Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A world without islam!!!!
    Posts
    6,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Yes, it is detectable (so long as it is synthesized from a plant source). Some sporting bodies do allow HRT and others don't.
    But it has to be within normal ranges correct?7

  4. #4
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    4,238
    In Italy sport feds would require you to wash off first (the time depending on ester used) then have your natural output tested.

  5. #5
    Couchlock is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Yes, it is detectable (so long as it is synthesized from a plant source). Some sporting bodies do allow HRT and others don't.
    Test from plant source?

  6. #6
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Test from plant source?
    Testosterone is produced from soy.

  7. #7
    Couchlock is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

    Testosterone is produced from soy.
    Wow, no shit.

    I always read and was told to avoid soy because of phyto-estrogens.

    Thanks for the info.

  8. #8
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,434
    Last I checked, it is synthesized from DHEA extracted from the African wild yam.
    Here's an explanation of the testing: The New York Times > Sports > Image > Graphic: How Carbon Isotope Ratio Testing Works

  9. #9
    numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Last I checked, it is synthesized from DHEA extracted from the African wild yam.
    Interesting, I always thought production of large amounts synthetic test came from DHEA which is bio catalyzed from the bacteria Pseudomonas Testosteroni.

  10. #10
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Last I checked, it is synthesized from DHEA extracted from the African wild yam.
    Here's an explanation of the testing: The New York Times > Sports > Image > Graphic: How Carbon Isotope Ratio Testing Works
    Funny you didn't check your own nytimes interesting drawing/graph link, where actually states "...drug companies synthetize from soy,...".

    But, yes it can also be synthesized from yams. Most raws are made in china, do you think its cheaper for them to make it from soy or yams? (bit of a trick question)

    Here's a interesting (non-nytimes) biotechnology paper about it, for you to check: From Soybean Phytosterols
    to Steroid Hormones

  11. #11
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Funny you didn't check your own nytimes interesting drawing/graph link, where actually states "...drug companies synthetize from soy,...".

    But, yes it can also be synthesized from yams. Most raws are made in china, do you think its cheaper for them to make it from soy or yams? (bit of a trick question)

    Here's a interesting (non-nytimes) biotechnology paper about it, for you to check: From Soybean Phytosterols
    to Steroid Hormones
    I had read about the yams somewhere 5+ years ago (maybe it was a really old source). And I only skimmed that NY Times piece. I posted it for the explanation of C-18 vs C-19 testing.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 02-11-2017 at 04:53 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •