• 2 Post By Marsoc
  • 1 Post By Euroholic
  • 1 Post By musclestack
  • 1 Post By GirlyGymRat
  • 1 Post By crazy_rocks

Thread: Places to buy 'man' stuff?

musclestack is offline Productive Member

Places to buy 'man' stuff?

I recently bought a house a few months ago. Since the purchase, I've been fixing it up (replaced the carpet, painted interior, bought the essential furniture). My decor matches my personality (sophisticated bachelor), and I want to keep this look throughout the entire house. The only thing I'm really missing now is wall decor. I'm looking for some pictures to hang and maybe some 'ornaments' to set up around the house.

I'm not the kind of guy who goes out to intentionally go shopping for home decorations. I am much more likely to stumble across something while out and about and pick it up. Problem is, every time I've been out in the past several months, nothing has grabbed my attention...at all. I figured this would be a great place to ask since there are a lot of testosterone -fueled males to point me in the right direction (females feel free to chime in as well, please). Is there anywhere online (or any brick and mortar stores) where a guy can go to decorate his house for that of a sophisticated bachelor? Note that I emphasize the word 'sophisticated'...I am not looking for the "fresh outta college, don't have a career yet and just want to drink beer in my man cave with my buddies" look. Btw, I am 32yo, single male. I live in a raised ranch, 3 bed, 2 1/2 bath, finished basement house. Nothing fancy, but I have gotten many compliments from friends and female 'acquaintances' (lol) on how well I've done with the place so far...just to give you an idea of what I'm dealing with.

Thanks, guys!

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    You decorate with chainsaws, guns, whiskey bottles, shit you've shot, and pool tables. Really want to get tasteful... buy a decanter and some highball glasses.
    Marsoc and wellshii like this.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    You decorate with chainsaws, guns, whiskey bottles, shit you've shot, and pool tables. Really want to get tasteful... buy a decanter and some highball glasses.
    This is very accurate
    A house is not a home until you have dead animals hanging on the wall.
    Obs, RaginCajun and songdog like this.

gymmonster is offline Associate Member
    Hobby lobby is a pretty cool place for decor stuff

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    hire a decorator if you can afford to

or, if you are single, date one for a while to get some ideas (haha!)
    Euroholic likes this.

Haha thanks guys. I keep all of my 'kills' in my office. I've been to Hobby Lobby and it all just seems so 'feminine' to me. I'm looking for something that says "This guy has been places; he's adventurous, yet mysterious". Truth be told, I've been to a number of places in the world; even lived in another country for 5 years. I'm just trying to find decor that would fit that personality type, and I'm not having any luck whatsoever. I've been to a bunch of different stores, and searched all over the internet.

There's gotta be an online "Store for Men" or something along those lines, right? If not, there ought to be! Hell, maybe that's my million dollar idea...
    RaginCajun likes this.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    I recently bought a house a few months ago. Since the purchase, I've been fixing it up (replaced the carpet, painted interior, bought the essential furniture). My decor matches my personality (sophisticated bachelor), and I want to keep this look throughout the entire house. The only thing I'm really missing now is wall decor. I'm looking for some pictures to hang and maybe some 'ornaments' to set up around the house.

I'm not the kind of guy who goes out to intentionally go shopping for home decorations. I am much more likely to stumble across something while out and about and pick it up. Problem is, every time I've been out in the past several months, nothing has grabbed my attention...at all. I figured this would be a great place to ask since there are a lot of testosterone -fueled males to point me in the right direction (females feel free to chime in as well, please). Is there anywhere online (or any brick and mortar stores) where a guy can go to decorate his house for that of a sophisticated bachelor? Note that I emphasize the word 'sophisticated'...I am not looking for the "fresh outta college, don't have a career yet and just want to drink beer in my man cave with my buddies" look. Btw, I am 32yo, single male. I live in a raised ranch, 3 bed, 2 1/2 bath, finished basement house. Nothing fancy, but I have gotten many compliments from friends and female 'acquaintances' (lol) on how well I've done with the place so far...just to give you an idea of what I'm dealing with.

Thanks, guys!
    Yeah pretty much anything made by hand from a man I.e build stuff lol. Take you own pics or kill a buck and mount his antlers. Pretty simple..unless you want. Bunch of trinkets and stuff in that case I was always drawn to rooms I see on movies that have tons of artifacts and and cool shit like knights armor and statues etc,,,
    musclestack and Obs like this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Im a minimalist so i hate clutter so i have few things that can be seen. My stupid girlfriend put a pot plant in my barthroom and a rug in my loungeroom ������ do you know how much dust rugs make?
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    Yeah pretty much anything made by hand from a man I.e build stuff lol. Take you own pics or kill a buck and mount his antlers. Pretty simple..unless you want. Bunch of trinkets and stuff in that case I was always drawn to rooms I see on movies that have tons of artifacts and and cool shit like knights armor and statues etc,,,
    Thanks for the advice. This may give me some ideas to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Im a minimalist so i hate clutter so i have few things that can be seen. My stupid girlfriend put a pot plant in my barthroom and a rug in my loungeroom ������ do you know how much dust rugs make?
    I'm the same. I don't want a lot of stuff either, just something that says "someone with a personality lives here". Right now it's a plain as can be (TV with stand, sofa and loveseat, and a coffee and end table in both living rooms...that's it). Wouldn't mind having a few pics on the walls, but I would never overdo it; that's just not me. A couple little trinkets here and there, and I'd be all set. I have carpet all throughout my house, so I have no use for a rug.
    Euroholic likes this.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    There's gotta be an online "Store for Men" or something along those lines, right? If not, there ought to be! Hell, maybe that's my million dollar idea...
    Not sure this could ever be defined honestly. I mean, if you think a hot pink rug in the door opening is awesome use it as I am not sure how things would be able to define the manliness of you as a person? Just my 2 cents, not sure it's worth that much even!

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Not sure this could ever be defined honestly. I mean, if you think a hot pink rug in the door opening is awesome use it as I am not sure how things would be able to define the manliness of you as a person? Just my 2 cents, not sure it's worth that much even!
    Agreed, but I'm not trying to define masculinity here; I've just been having such a hard time finding things that I actually like (I guess I'm picky). I tried thinking about what kind of traits would best suit me, and the best I've got is just something that would describe a personality as adventurous, wordly, yet nothing to 'over the top' and flashy. Confident but humble, you know what I mean?

On another note, I finally found my first picture to hang on the wall today and bought it! It's going in my basement. It's one of those sectional pictures (made up of 4 pieces) of a lion against a stormy background. Very high quality too. I spent several years in Africa, so I figured this would be one element to describe who I am.

crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Pinterest can give you some good ideas if you can think of the right search terms to enter.

wellshii is offline Member
    Houzz.com maybe.
    Overall it depends on your taste.
    Like cars?
    How about something authentic from a the country you have lived in? Or places you have been?

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Jesus you are over thinking this too much.

All you need is your tv, stereo and couch sorted on the decorating front right there lol.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    pain this on your wall in big letters:

"This guy has been places; he's adventurous, yet mysterious".

problem solved

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack
    I recently bought a house a few months ago. Since the purchase, I've been fixing it up (replaced the carpet, painted interior, bought the essential furniture). My decor matches my personality (sophisticated bachelor), and I want to keep this look throughout the entire house. The only thing I'm really missing now is wall decor. I'm looking for some pictures to hang and maybe some 'ornaments' to set up around the house. I'm not the kind of guy who goes out to intentionally go shopping for home decorations. I am much more likely to stumble across something while out and about and pick it up. Problem is, every time I've been out in the past several months, nothing has grabbed my attention...at all. I figured this would be a great place to ask since there are a lot of testosterone-fueled males to point me in the right direction (females feel free to chime in as well, please). Is there anywhere online (or any brick and mortar stores) where a guy can go to decorate his house for that of a sophisticated bachelor? Note that I emphasize the word 'sophisticated'...I am not looking for the "fresh outta college, don't have a career yet and just want to drink beer in my man cave with my buddies" look. Btw, I am 32yo, single male. I live in a raised ranch, 3 bed, 2 1/2 bath, finished basement house. Nothing fancy, but I have gotten many compliments from friends and female 'acquaintances' (lol) on how well I've done with the place so far...just to give you an idea of what I'm dealing with. Thanks, guys!
    Restoration Hardware
    High Fashion Home
    G zalleria
    Arhaus

Buy a good piece U will love forever if gonna spend some coin. Otherwise don't settle for things you like.

I only buy things that bring me joy. Srly. If I don't love it, I don't buy it. Don't be a junk collector. of
    Last edited by GirlyGymRat; 02-20-2017 at 08:59 AM.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Restoration Hardware
    High Fashion Home
    G zalleria
    Arhaus

Buy a good piece U will love forever if gonna spend some coin. Otherwise don't settle for things you like.

I only buy things that bring me joy. Srly. If I don't love it, I don't buy it. Don't be a junk collector. of
    Sound advice, thats me with furniture anyway. Takes a long time to accumulate fine things. I had a curio that I sold I will always regret. Most expensive piece I ever had and I got it for a song because the inbreds around here wouldnt know something fine if it bit them in the ass.
    Marriage and divorce put me at square one.

Obs
    "Hey Cleetus, this 'old boy offered us $150 for grandmas old cabinet!" "BE DAMNED JIM BOB, THE ONE WITH ALL THE STRANGE GLASS AND SWIRLY WOOD, WHAT AN IDIOT" LOL

Get a painting of the Battle of Tours

Obs likes this.

Or in case you've never put your face in between a ladies legs

Thread Information