Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: My mission (regarding cannabinoids)

Couchlock is offline Banned
    edited no.1
    Last edited by Couchlock; 02-28-2017 at 07:59 PM.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    The rules were relaxed to allow some recreational talk on May 1,2016, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. If I recall correctly, there was some CBD discussion in the Kratom thread.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Edited no.2
    Last edited by Couchlock; 02-28-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    love this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Pot heads.

Obs
    What is a rec drug? I get more out of an eca stack and some loud music than i could ever dream of from weed. To each his own i guess. I truly believe if you could buy it anywhere, less people would smoke it. I think we passed the point where mary os a rec drug. You cant pay me to smoke the shit because its a downer for me. I am in a small rural town in the heartland and just as many smoke weed as cigarettes. Silly silly world we live in. I hate pot but someone else loves it. Give me a bottle of jack daniels and I will show you what asenine drug induced behavior is. But hey thats legal!

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Tell that to the DEA, who still has THC classified as a schedule 1 substance.

Edit no.3
    Last edited by Couchlock; 02-28-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Well shit, lets think about this.... If the DEA under the decision of the FDA, aknowledged it had medicinal value they would regulate it into a schedule IV drug or else regulate it ten times stricter because it worked. Anything that works and works well is regulated out of our hands so that it can be overcharged for.

Obs
    Good buddy who everone loves at the bar in my town (he washes dishes there) decided to quit drinking whiskey cold turkey.
    He is about 55 I am guessing. Alcoholic as can be for years.
    Anyway, cold turkey was too much, he went to the wrong persons house and took pills and meth to try and cope on the fourth day. They found him unconcious and he has been at the hospital for a few days. He is still hallucinating and was very near death.
    Once again whiskey is legal. Maryjane the gateway drug? Nah. No way. Alcohol causes more problems in every way.
    KINGKONG likes this.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I am a member of L.E.A.P. which is Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. Our view is making drugs illegal is the wrong thing to do when you can have the government regulate it and attach a tax to it and this tax can be used for other things such as schools and community projects.
    If you take a rapist off the street you have taken a rapist off the street. If you take a drug dealer off the street you have only provided a business opportunity for the next person in line.
    Sorry if this doesn't match with the thread, but it's late and I just saw canniboids and didn't read every post.
    KINGKONG and DocToxin8 like this.

wellshii is offline Member
    Eventually itll be legal 100 percent is seems.
    I agree though,
    people shouldnt be banned from simply just talking about it. As mentioned above,seems its allowed to an extent.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Why you guys wanna take this shiet if you dont have chronic pain or cancer?!?!?

You must know that it lowers testosterone ... Well, maybe if you are in TRT it doesnt really matter, but still dont understand why you want to take something that clouds your brain.
    NACH3 likes this.

Edit no.4
    Last edited by Couchlock; 02-28-2017 at 08:00 PM.

As a man who reads studies you would know but the studies stating that it lowers testosterone or done very early on during a period of heavy propaganda and those studies this they have been proved inconclusive
    Humm, the studies on animals were pretty conclusive, it couldn't be reproduced on a human study, just found 1 human study.

Still the medical community is quite certain that it influences testosterone . If you go to gyno consult, the surgeon will ask you 2 question: Do you do steroids ? And do you smoke pot?

EDIT: But you didnt answer my first question? Why do you use it?

Edit no. 5
    Last edited by Couchlock; 02-28-2017 at 08:01 PM.

Richard Cabeza is offline Associate Member
    Most studies qouted are from the 80s to mid 90s, while thc may have an affect on hormones over a substantial amount of time it wouldn't be significant in someone supplementing with testosterone who is potentially increasing the hormone by drastic percentages. Remember these studies were mainly done on rats and not on human males who were injecting testosterone and other anabolic steroids .

Arnold smoked for recovery, i use this same method as it relaxes me helps me maintain a steady appetite and keeps me pretty calm. I've been smoking for about 20 years, my natural test was over 500 which is normal range i have 2 kids so no issues with being sterile.... i can say I'm biased because i live in northern California the home of medicinal marijuana i have seen the benefits, seen countless cases where it has changed someones life whether it be from cbd or just straight smoking some good tree. Lol marijuana has been demonized for many years to feed into this media and government propaganda but as more and more people are open to the benefits and more studies are being done the more and more people are finding out its harmless, the worst thing I've ever done was over ate and fell asleep

Every pill I've ever been prescribed to fix a medical issue has come with side effects most of which are usually far worse than what I'm taking them for, back pain here's some Vicodin you'll probably become dependant on and will fuck your liver up ...back pain here's some weed you'll get hungry and sleepy and feel great, all the muscles in your body will relax no side effect either... what about lung cancer from the smoke... eat it then, rub some oils on your problem area, sooooo many methods to administer and get the effects. Idk I'm not hip to all the scientific benefits but there are current studies out there, like anything its a give and take, over time it could decrease testosterone but i mean fuck so does taking steroids lol
    DocToxin8 likes this.

Edit no.6
    Last edited by Couchlock; 02-28-2017 at 08:02 PM.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Up with hope down with dope
    Jk

Edit no.7
    Last edited by Couchlock; 02-28-2017 at 08:02 PM.
    Richard Cabeza likes this.

I have gastro-perisis (spelling?) And para-esophageal sliding hernia. Nothing takes the pain of stomach issues for me like pot. Dilaudid does, but f that.

And I like the way it makes me feel..

Its also a very good cell protestant, and it helps my compulsive anxiety.

The body has an endocannabinoid system that used to be enough to ward of cancers before the industrial age. With all the pollution, preservatives, and such, it just can't compete now. Cannabis strengthens this bodily system, and makes it stronger.
    Think you are talking about gastroparesis and hernia of the hiatus, right?

Think its wrong for you to address this with a "pain killer", as hiatal hernia is from excessive acid build up which can be caused by the gastroparesis. Numbing a acid burn is very wrong, you need to stop the acid production first and theres plenty of medication for it.

Humm, gastroparesis is hard to talk about and diagnose, but it can be caused by narcotics abuse... Sounds like a full circle

You need to stop this depicting of cannabis as this miracle drug. It is a drug like all the others, THC mechanisms and side effects are well known. It doesnt strengthens any bodily system, or whatever you mean with that, doesnt make anyone stronger.

If you want to discuss the merits of THC please discuss it with scientific evidence, otherwise it just seems you are trying to sell some snake oil. I understand you got quite biased about this subject, I understand cannabis can have a place as treatment option, but cmon, you should know better, POT DOES NOT CURE CANCER FFS.

This is why discussions about this will get closed. Completely biased bogus claims, it seems that everyone should be smoking pot to be disease free for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cabeza View Post
    Most studies qouted are from the 80s to mid 90s, while thc may have an affect on hormones over a substantial amount of time it wouldn't be significant in someone supplementing with testosterone who is potentially increasing the hormone by drastic percentages. Remember these studies were mainly done on rats and not on human males who were injecting testosterone and other anabolic steroids .

Arnold smoked for recovery, i use this same method as it relaxes me helps me maintain a steady appetite and keeps me pretty calm. I've been smoking for about 20 years, my natural test was over 500 which is normal range i have 2 kids so no issues with being sterile.... i can say I'm biased because i live in northern California the home of medicinal marijuana i have seen the benefits, seen countless cases where it has changed someones life whether it be from cbd or just straight smoking some good tree. Lol marijuana has been demonized for many years to feed into this media and government propaganda but as more and more people are open to the benefits and more studies are being done the more and more people are finding out its harmless, the worst thing I've ever done was over ate and fell asleep

Every pill I've ever been prescribed to fix a medical issue has come with side effects most of which are usually far worse than what I'm taking them for, back pain here's some Vicodin you'll probably become dependant on and will fuck your liver up ...back pain here's some weed you'll get hungry and sleepy and feel great, all the muscles in your body will relax no side effect either... what about lung cancer from the smoke... eat it then, rub some oils on your problem area, sooooo many methods to administer and get the effects. Idk I'm not hip to all the scientific benefits but there are current studies out there, like anything its a give and take, over time it could decrease testosterone but i mean fuck so does taking steroids lol
    Like I said THC effects are well known, even before the 80's and 90's. Are you trying to imply studies from the 80's are less "correct", this is wrong IMO.

Just because smoking pot doesnt affect your hormones does not mean it will not affect everybody else. I feel great on tren , should I go on saying in every thread that tren is great??? Guess you know the answer to that question.

In my country, as in most of europe, it is legal to use pot (although illegal to sell). If you want to smoke, go ahead. Now just dont think that THC doesnt have side effects, cause it does, just like every other drug. Maybe for some treatments its side effects are less than other drugs, great, probably thats why its even prescribed for it, huh?
    But dont fall in the snake oil idea of curing and fixing everything ffs.

There's a real good doc. About all its cancer fighting research, as well as preventative use.

This is one of them, I can't find the exact one, but this is good

https://youtu.be/PWabJ6DS55Q
    Sorry, too long documentary to watch it all. Not questioning hes a good doc, didnt see the part where he states it cures cancer...

Look, the opinion of one doctor will not make THC something its not. Again stop this cancer curing allegations, its not helping your case.

Edit no.8
    Last edited by Couchlock; 02-28-2017 at 08:04 PM.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    And yes they have been proven to shrink tumors significantly.
    Please point me to an accepted paper in this regard or I am going to call BS.

Edit no.9
    Last edited by Couchlock; 02-28-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Edit no.10
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My mission (regarding cannabinoids)-forumrunner_20170228_084301.png   My mission (regarding cannabinoids)-forumrunner_20170228_084307.png   My mission (regarding cannabinoids)-forumrunner_20170228_084311.png  
    Last edited by Couchlock; 02-28-2017 at 08:05 PM.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    While I wouldn't count on cannabis to cure cancer,
    I think the large scale study on cannabis use and lung cancer was quite interesting. Cannabis contains many of the same carcinogens as tobacco, yet there was no correlation between smoking cannabis and lung cancer.

However.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubme...0lung%20cancer
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubme...507173/related
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubme...507173/related

This says there IS danger from smoking it.

Yet one of these studies says the danger is less than with tobacco.
    (And that lung cancer risk is yet to be determined)

Edit no.11
    Last edited by Couchlock; 02-28-2017 at 08:06 PM.
    DocToxin8 and Richard Cabeza like this.

I at any rate wouldn't view cannabis as healthy.

That I use it for enjoyment, and that it can replace other more harmful drugs is one thing. But that "big Pharma" has any conspiracy about it now I call BS.
    They don't need to have any conspiracy. They develop new drugs all the time, and even if cannabis were legal everywhere, people would still use the drugs from the pharma comps.

I agree that one can use cannabis and benefit from it,
    but it's not for everyone and it's not any more healthy than drinking a glass of wine or two to relax. In other words, if it makes you happy I think there's a health benefit to that (cause it isn't very bad for you either), and if you have certain diseases then I think it can clearly help. But for a healthy person I don't think it's healthy (apart from giving you some joy and relaxation) to use it.

I've tried it pre workout as well. Actually worked very well.

As for oral use of big doses I'd have to look more into it.
    I'm open and find it enjoyable at any rate.

And for what it's worth, I think the rules on rec drug talk should be very lax.
    (That is, stop it when it become the usual drug speak)
    I'm not for censorship, and think this board has enough mods to manage some positive rec drug discussion without turning it into (rec) drug forum.

Sorry, after looking through your links did not find one that claimed cannabis to cure cancer. Some prospective data about CB receptors, but very early in research.

You can find same type of data about many, many plant base compounds (although in cannabis the most prospective compounds were synthetic based forms of cannabis).

Lets see if carrots or ginger can do the same:

Ginger Extract (Zingiber Officinale) has Anti-Cancer and Anti-Inflammatory Effects on Ethionine-Induced Hepatoma Rats

The antioxidant and anticancer effects of wild carrot oil extract.

Sounds promising huh?

What Im trying to tell you is that you are buying into the pharma cancer plot, like if the thousands of scientists researching were ignoring cannabis because it cures cancer. Dont you know that this pharma ppl and scientists have family, have ppl in their families that had or can have cancer eventually. You think someone would shut'em up if they discovered a cure that could help their friends and loved ones?

You are getting so biased on the subject that it seems you think only cannbis can cure cancer, and dozens of other diseases.

Why aren't you so passionate about the carrots and ginger I showed above?? You know what I think? Its because carrots and ginger doesn't get you stoned...

i am so out of this talk. So much I want to say.

Anyone who thinks there is zero medicinal value is bat shit crazy.
    Anyone who thinks it will cure cancer is bat shit crazy.

thats all, sorry to join

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    i am so out of this talk. So much I want to say.

Anyone who thinks there is zero medicinal value is bat shit crazy.
    Anyone who thinks it will cure cancer is bat shit crazy.

thats all, sorry to join
    I should have worded my post a little better.
    Didn't mean the only health/medicinal effect it has is to make you relax,
    there are numerous.
    But as with most debated topics, there can be some very polarized views.

When I was a kid I was told cannabis would cause brain damage.
    But so was the propaganda about all drugs then.

with you Doc

Edit no.12
    Last edited by Couchlock; 02-28-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Not curing cancer, nothing does. Not even chemo or radiation does.

But cannabinoids have been shown to help, in some cases just as effectively as chemo. In some cases better, in some cases not at all.

What about how it DAMN near instantly alleviates the debilitating symptoms of MS? or the autistic children with multiple seizures and the like.

There is no denying that at all
    If you talk like that its hard to deny you.

Still think its not good for bodybuilding, or to men that dont want to lower testosterone , or to teenagers that are at risk for drug use.

But can it help if you have MS, plenty of proof that it can. Why do you need to advocate for it? You said its legal in your state right? Why do you want more ppl to smoke pot?

Edit no. 13
    Last edited by Couchlock; 02-28-2017 at 08:07 PM.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    I am a member of L.E.A.P. which is Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. Our view is making drugs illegal is the wrong thing to do when you can have the government regulate it and attach a tax to it and this tax can be used for other things such as schools and community projects.
    If you take a rapist off the street you have taken a rapist off the street. If you take a drug dealer off the street you have only provided a business opportunity for the next person in line.
    Sorry if this doesn't match with the thread, but it's late and I just saw canniboids and didn't read every post.
    I have been on there mailing list for years now. I am a firm believer in the decriminalization of all drugs. There is virtually no data to support incarceration as a tool to curb a persons drug use. In-fact the data shows that for drug users, the most and lasting consequence of drug use, is the legal ramifications.

By now the data is out there on Portugal and the effects decriminalization of all drugs. There really is no argument left that can be supported with data for the continued "War on Drugs," and criminal punishment at least as it has been conducted in the past. All that money for incarceration could be shifted to treatment programs, vocational training and job placement. Which has been shown to have a positive effect on reduction in drug use and recidivism.
    DocToxin8 likes this.

Edit no.14
    Last edited by Couchlock; 02-28-2017 at 08:08 PM.

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    1) the rules don't seem to relaxed, I got my thread shut down the other day
    2) cannabis does cure cancer, my brother cured his with RSO/Phoenix tears and is 3 years cancer free!
    3) cannabis is FAR less harmful than most of the other compounds discussed here
    4) it's just a plant!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information