Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Flexibility/mobility being bigger

  1. #1
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453

    Flexibility/mobility being bigger

    Curious to hear from the bigger guys on here...
    How much does your size limit your mobility?
    I have read a few threads and the response is usually something like, "If you train right its not an issue".

    Thats all fine and good but I used to joke about gaining until I couldn't wipe...

    Its not so funny now. Its been so gradual but now I cant even reach back there unless I really try. I have to mash my arm into my side and have my opposing hand on my ass cheek to reach.

    I have noticed a few other things being more difficult too.

    Does it get to the point you can't? This extra couple inches I put on my chest seems to have really messed with my ROM. I cant see how the pros can possibly wipe.... How could one combat this?

  2. #2
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now DONE - `Recognized Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    17,963
    You must be huge.

  3. #3
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    You must be huge.
    Huger than some baby...

  4. #4
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now DONE - `Recognized Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    17,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Huger than some baby...
    Huger isn't a word.

  5. #5
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Huger isn't a word.
    Lock your elbows, put your arms to your side with your thumbs pointing forward, how far are your hands from your hips? This is my issue. My inner arm hits my lats/side now when my hands are six inches away from my hips. Are my shoulders too narrow? Lats too big? Something too weak? Its not that big of a pain but will I actually reach a point I cant wipe?

  6. #6
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Huger isn't a word.
    huge
    [hyooj or, often, yooj]
    adjective, hug·er, hug·est.
    extraordinarily large in bulk, quantity, or extent:
    a huge ship; a huge portion of ice cream.
    of unbounded extent, scope, or character; limitless:

  7. #7
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now DONE - `Recognized Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    17,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    huge
    [hyooj or, often, yooj]
    adjective, hug·er, hug·est.
    extraordinarily large in bulk, quantity, or extent:
    a huge ship; a huge portion of ice cream.
    of unbounded extent, scope, or character; limitless:
    Huge is a word. Huger is nonsense.

  8. #8
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now DONE - `Recognized Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    17,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Lock your elbows, put your arms to your side with your thumbs pointing forward, how far are your hands from your hips? This is my issue. My inner arm hits my lats/side now when my hands are six inches away from my hips. Are my shoulders too narrow? Lats too big? Something too weak? Its not that big of a pain but will I actually reach a point I cant wipe?
    Shoulders are one of your weaker points. Maybe your arms are short or your ass is too low.

  9. #9
    Couchlock is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post

    Huge is a word. Huger is nonsense.
    More huge
    Most huge.

    Its the old, "stupider, more stupid" debate......

  10. #10
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Shoulders are one of your weaker points. Maybe your arms are short or your ass is too low.
    Lmao fuck you sir! My shoulders are big sexy beautifl things!

  11. #11
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now DONE - `Recognized Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    17,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Lmao fuck you sir! My shoulders are big sexy beautifl things!
    Ok so your ass is too low to the ground. I've yet to see you display sexy. Your T. rex pose was about the best I've seen.

  12. #12
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Ok so your ass is too low to the ground. I've yet to see you display sexy. Your T. rex pose was about the best I've seen.
    Lol what a dick!

  13. #13
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now DONE - `Recognized Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    17,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Lol what a dick!
    Thank you. Mine is quite exquisite. And quit peeking.

  14. #14
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Thank you. Mine is quite exquisite. And quit peeking.
    I never foresaw this thread turning into this... not really. As soon as I saw you had posted I knew I would have to break out the dictionary and get witty. Fuck... Is witty a word?

  15. #15
    wellshii is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    473
    LOL at this thread.
    Perhaps I shouldnt joke either.

  16. #16
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Flexibility/mobility being bigger-09a593ae4ffa1b082bea20ab9211245f.jpg someon tell me this man has no issue wiping

  17. #17
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Bumping...

  18. #18
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now DONE - `Recognized Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    17,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Bumping...
    Why?

  19. #19
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Curious to hear from the bigger guys on here...
    How much does your size limit your mobility?
    I have read a few threads and the response is usually something like, "If you train right its not an issue".

    Thats all fine and good but I used to joke about gaining until I couldn't wipe...

    Its not so funny now. Its been so gradual but now I cant even reach back there unless I really try. I have to mash my arm into my side and have my opposing hand on my ass cheek to reach.

    I have noticed a few other things being more difficult too.

    Does it get to the point you can't? This extra couple inches I put on my chest seems to have really messed with my ROM. I cant see how the pros can possibly wipe.... How could one combat this?
    Other then when I was all bulked up from diet and I had to push my elbow off the shower wall in order To was my back..I'm a bigger guy and I always been more nimble. Like a ballareina / ninja when I'm home alone or working with my grace and fluidity lol. And I hear your more flexable as you gain as she because of the working out and conditioning of movements etc. and your less prone To injury. So there is s sweet spot which I don't ideal for me, I'd like to be 200 give or take and efficient way th some nice mass opposed to 230 huge. I need Tom be able To move what I got

  20. #20
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Lock your elbows, put your arms to your side with your thumbs pointing forward, how far are your hands from your hips? This is my issue. My inner arm hits my lats/side now when my hands are six inches away from my hips. Are my shoulders too narrow? Lats too big? Something too weak? Its not that big of a pain but will I actually reach a point I cant wipe?
    Pretty sure that's how everyone is. Unless your squeezing your arms to your sides. Or super flexing out walking around with your chest out like your chest is as wide as a truck tailgate.

  21. #21
    redz's Avatar
    redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My HOME GYM
    Posts
    13,246
    Stretching a lot as you grow helps too I know I lost some flexibility when I slacked on my stretching when I was much bigger.

  22. #22
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    Pretty sure that's how everyone is. Unless your squeezing your arms to your sides. Or super flexing out walking around with your chest out like your chest is as wide as a truck tailgate.
    Chest out?
    Stamding normal, elbows locked thumbs forward i can squeeze in as had as I want and my hand aint getting any closer than six inches. Maybe everyone is like that but I never was.

    You can try it at home no one is looking, marsoc...

    Just kidding we saw that and it was really gay. Can't believe you actually tried it.

    I dont know the mechanics of it, I dont know why I am noticing issues also cant scratch any further down than my traps, trying to scratch my back, which I know isnt the same because I didnt have traps before and I could scratch and wash my entire back.

    I dunno... all I know is I look like a mentally retarded ape trying to wipe my ass, especially after a workout. Fuck it, its womens work anyway.

  23. #23
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Why?
    Not for you Mrs Taylor.

  24. #24
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Stretching a lot as you grow helps too I know I lost some flexibility when I slacked on my stretching when I was much bigger.
    You see cape... input. Actual helpful input. Thats why I bumped it.

  25. #25
    redz's Avatar
    redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My HOME GYM
    Posts
    13,246
    I think it's easy to not put enough emphasis on stretching the majority of guys I see at the gym stretch very little or not at all.
    Last edited by redz; 03-03-2017 at 07:39 PM.

  26. #26
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now DONE - `Recognized Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    17,963
    You need input on the best way to wipe your ass?
    Really? Stretch.

  27. #27
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    I think it's to not put enough emphasis on stretching the majority of guys I see at the gym stretch very little or not at all.
    I bet your right because I dont stretch for shit most of the time. Most of my stretching involves a barbell

  28. #28
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    You need input on the best way to wipe your ass?
    Really? Stretch.
    I asked for info on how to combat losing flexibility and mobility. Do we need to get the dictionary and English books back out? Lol

  29. #29
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now DONE - `Recognized Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    17,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    I asked for info on how to combat losing flexibility and mobility. Do we need to get the dictionary and English books back out? Lol
    Does your big ass stretch after you workout? Your dictionary is defunked.

  30. #30
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Does your big ass stretch after you workout? Your dictionary is defunked.
    Stretch after?

  31. #31
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now DONE - `Recognized Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    17,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Stretch after?
    Actually during and after. Yeah you lose that great pumped look but you can wipe your ass. Do you think Cutler and Ronnie had some one to wipe their ass? Plus a weekly message. Deep tissue.

  32. #32
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Actually during and after. Yeah you lose that great pumped look but you can wipe your ass. Do you think Cutler and Ronnie had some one to wipe their ass? Plus a weekly message. Deep tissue.
    Yes, I dont believe it is possible they could wipe and I know they shit a lot too.

    Does flexing count as stretching?

  33. #33
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now DONE - `Recognized Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    17,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Yes, I dont believe it is possible they could wipe and I know they shit a lot too.

    Does flexing count as stretching?
    No flexing doesn't count as stretching. Stretching counts as stretching.

  34. #34
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    No flexing doesn't count as stretching. Stretching counts as stretching.
    Well hell, I may have a new chore for the lady

  35. #35
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Why am I wasting my time on this thread..smh. It's leg day ..to be continued

  36. #36
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    Why am I wasting my time on this thread..smh. It's leg day ..to be continued
    I am almost offended but that would be gay. Hit them legs hard marsoc and dont forget to stretch!

  37. #37
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    I am almost offended but that would be gay. Hit them legs hard marsoc and dont forget to stretch!
    Fuck that I never stretch I go in cold and I stretch by doing my workouts throughly. More prone to injury if you static stretch ..knees raises and butt kicks and side steps would be cool but I don't bother..I never stretch for any muscle group actually..

  38. #38
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Stretchings for pussies. So are gloves..if you wear your gloves to lift, don't forget to bring your matching purse.

  39. #39
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Curious to hear from the bigger guys on here...
    How much does your size limit your mobility?
    I have read a few threads and the response is usually something like, "If you train right its not an issue".

    Thats all fine and good but I used to joke about gaining until I couldn't wipe...

    Its not so funny now. Its been so gradual but now I cant even reach back there unless I really try. I have to mash my arm into my side and have my opposing hand on my ass cheek to reach.

    I have noticed a few other things being more difficult too.

    Does it get to the point you can't? This extra couple inches I put on my chest seems to have really messed with my ROM. I cant see how the pros can possibly wipe.... How could one combat this?
    Rosie Odonnel can do it so then you should be shoe in about the same size

  40. #40
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Rosie Odonnel can do it so then you should be shoe in about the same size
    I wont ask how you know so much about Rosie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •