EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Help Plan My Roadtrip!!!

I wanna go on a North American road trip. What does your city have to offer? I'm interested in specific tourist attractions and historic sites. Thanks.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    1. gambling 2. prostitutes what else do you need?

I assume you mean Las Vegas?

Sorry, I guess I should have asked for the name of the city too.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd be here all day saying what we have near me Bro. To pic the best thing. A nearby Mexican border

If your really gonna do this save it till fall and we'll hit the the Mr. O in LV. Vegas is too much fun to pass up.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    actually theres lots to do in vegas.
    Last edited by sin; 12-19-2003 at 11:28 PM.

redrock is offline Member
    You can come to sunny, southern California. Go to Venice, work out at Gold's and World gym and you WILL see at least 1 pro training for the Olympia.

From there you can go eat at Kookaroo's or The Firehouse which are both bodybuilder hang-out's.

Then, walk along the beach and enjoy the weather. REDROCK

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    Denver..where you can sample the many beers of america's microbrewery capital and watch the sunset after a great hike up Redrocks

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Well I am in Florida which pretty much has every attraction known to man from beaches to disney world.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    There is nothing where I am from, but you should defintly make a pass through South Louisiana. OMG they have the hotest girls that I have ever seen.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Florida Bro, great beaches, great fishing, cool amusment parks, hot night spots and plenty of women. Oh and plenty of good golf courses too.

I should also mention that by offering your advice you are also giving me a place to stay when I'm in your city. Don't worry, I'll bring the Canadian beer.

BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    I live in Florida also. All the beautiful women from all over the world make a pit stop here during the summer(that's plenty of reason)and thats not to mention the wide variety of girls that live here already... we also have more tourist attractions than we have McDonald's. Something to see if you never have, and its pretty rare is the everglades... You can see Mickey too! (although he is not in the everglades) theres plenty of other crap here too...

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Oooh . . . gotta see Eureka Springs, Arkansas. The downtown section is redone in 1910 style, the roads in the area are as scenic as you're gonna see. The place is good for a two, maybe three day stay, then you've seen it all. But it's very calm, relaxing. Um, and stay at the RoadRunner Inn, it's about 5 miles outside of town. Cheap ($40 or so a night), and it's on top of a big hill/small mountain with nice views.

Another must see is Terlingua, Texas, next to Big Bend National Park. Population is 50, but most everyone there is in the tourist trade. Great greasy spoons, barbecue. In November, the population goes up to 14,000 for the National Chili Cookoff. Gets kinda crazy there, not a wild as Sturges ND, but along those lines.
    20 miles down the road is Lajitas, population 200, where the mayor is a goat, and a millionaire from Austin bought the entire town and is turning it into a high $$$ resort. Very nice, as luxurious as Terlingua isn't.
    50 miles from there is the border town of Presidio, and you can cross the border into Ojinaga
    www.ojinaga.com and go shopping.

I'm originally from Massachusetts, and can recommend touring the western part of the state around Columbus day, if you're gonna be in the neighborhood at that time. Aside from that, Eureka Springs, and West Texas is about all I can recommend.
    Um, if you have long hair, I'd recommend avoiding East Texas . . . some of the sheriff's deputies don't like guys with long hair, and will pull you over and will ask to search your car. Folks out there are generally behind the times, anyways. And there are lots of big crawly bugs there, too . . .

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    frankly, i can't recommend anything fun to do in cincinnati unless you want to see the reds lose to inferior opponents.

other than that, nightlife is weak, weather sucks, and there is nothing to do.

don't come to my city.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I live in Houston. we have 100 degree weather, 100% humidity, more mosquitoes in this ciyt than people in the world. A recent rise in execution style murders, and a beach that will turn your body doo-doo brown after a swim. Come on over and I'll show ya good'ole time.

On the up end, our women are the absolute of beauty and their are endless numbers of restaruants and bars to accomodate any taste or need.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    I live in Houston. we have 100 degree weather, 100% humidity, more mosquitoes in this ciyt than people in the world. A recent rise in execution style murders, and a beach that will turn your body doo-doo brown after a swim. Come on over and I'll show ya good'ole time.

On the up end, our women are the absolute of beauty and their are endless numbers of restaruants and bars to accomodate any taste or need.
    Damn Phee!! I'd give you shit...except you are EXACTLY right!!

I have to agree with the boys about Florida... I lived there 33yrs and there is SO much to do and see... beaches, cities, bars, babes... but my favorite part of Florida was canoeing/swimming in one of the many crystal clear spring fed rivers... pristine... but if you DO swim in the springs keep your eyes opened, there are lizards in those rivers big enough to swallow ya!
    Last edited by ripped4fsu; 07-07-2003 at 11:43 AM.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    [QUOTE=ripped4fsu]Damn Phee!! I'd give you shit...except you are EXACTLY right!!

QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I love Houston and couldn't think of living any other place, but it's painfully obvious why the 4th largest city in America is more of a business attraction than tourist one.

We do have the Allstar game, Super Bowl, and Final Four in the next 7 years though. Houston just might position itself as a great sports city but right now, we're just the Titty BAr capital of the U.S.

And I don't go to those

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    you're right about us being the "pole ballet" capital... but like you I got better things to do with my money than get blue balled!

sublang is offline Junior Member
    Northern Arizona - Grand Canyon, Sunset Crater, Painted Desert, Petrified Forest.

Southern Arizona - Tombstone, Old West Tucson, Mexico.

Phoenix - Decent nightlife, girls always scandaly clad, Las Vegas (4 hrs), SoCal (5 hrs), Mexico (2.5 hrs)....Oh yeah, and we offer 120 degree summers!

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Desinate at least 2 days for Americas's first capital, Philadelphia. Just a few of the many attractions: Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Art Museum, Franklin Institute, Philadelphia Zoo (oldest zoo in America), Cheesteak Corner, South St., Delaware Ave. (bars), 40 mins to Atlantic City and the beaches. As for bodybuilding related activities, your out of luck...Philly is one of the nation's fattest cities. But sounds like a once in a lifetime trip...so enjoy!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    THE WORLD RENOWNED CALGARY STAMPEDE!! 10 days of beautiful weather, tonnes of partying, and absolutely fucking horny cowgirls.

Aside from that...a short drive away from Banff and Kananaskis. Pristine wilderness bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    THE WORLD RENOWNED CALGARY STAMPEDE!! 10 days of beautiful weather, tonnes of partying, and absolutely fucking horny cowgirls.

Aside from that...a short drive away from Banff and Kananaskis. Pristine wilderness bro.
    I'm Alberta raised, so I've seen all of those places. Banff and Kananaskis are cool, but after visiting tourist traps the whole trip I think I'd prefer the peacefulness of Jasper instead

So far Arizona sounds the best. I think I know a guy there that could hook me up with some ladies.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EXCESS
    So far Arizona sounds the best. I think I know a guy there that could hook me up with some ladies.
    Ya righ in his dreams

Thread Information