Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

Going to Los Angeles...cool shit to do?

my best friend is moving to LA in august and i will go and stay with him for a few days. he will be living right on the LA/Beverly Hills line, close to cedars sinai hospital. so, you bros from LA need to recommend some cool places to eat and hangout at around the area. also, maybe some cool chilled out bars that don't require you to be famous to get in. any suggestions are welcomed. i would also like to go sight seeing as well. any thoughts? thanks

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    hmm maybe you could meet up with BUTCH, and if you do give him a good kick in the ass from me ..

nah i went to LA last year .. I went to catalina island, hearst castle, did all the stupid LA tourist crap pretty much, had a great time would go again!

redrock is offline Member
    Go to Gold's in Venice and World gym. You'll be sure to see some pros getting ready for the Olympia. REDROCK

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Dude there are so many things to do here...jarrett did all the gay ass shit. As far as the clubs and bars are concerned...you must hit White Lotus up...make reservations to eat there; that guarantees you a spot in the club (make reservations one week in advance). Food is pretty pricey but well worth it...I myself was not to turned on by it...only becasue I am not into those club places...however, I ahve a feeling you may.

Here are some other places to hit:
    Venice Beach
    Dublin's (on Sunset)
    Barfly (Hollywood)
    Forty Deuce
    The Standard (either the Downtown LA or Sunset Strip one)
    Manhattan Beach

They are so many things to do. PM me and let me know exactly what you want to do...I'll help you out...

Peace

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Venice and Manhattan Beach are great. If you go to Golds in Venice don't go the the one on the beach. The other one is where all the pro's are at. Venice is just cool to walk down along the beach. People playing music and that one Hindu guy (Butch knows who I'm talkin about) .

Chillers on the Santa Monica promenade is cool. City Walk isn't bad for tourists. You can hang in Westwood and party with the UCLA students for a while (theres a cool beer by the yard place there) and then eat in Brentwood.

Don't forget to stop by our nice tourist attractions that most tourist don't get to see. Like: the corner of Florance and Normandy (starting place of the L.A. riots), The City of Compton (made famous by N.W.A.), also South Central is nice this time of year. Don't forget a nice scenic walk from The Forum to Staples Center or a stroll through MacArthur park. Actually MacArthur Park is cool because you can purchase anything you want there. Who needs college, get the degree of your choice for a few grand

Welcome to the real L.A .... Murder Capital of the World.
    Last edited by RON; 07-07-2003 at 08:23 PM.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Ron named most of the places I would have given. Other than that, LA kind of sucks. Hollywood traffic sucks. Nothing to see. Beverly Hills sucks. Um Santa Monica 3rd street Prom is cool along with City walk for the kick back night life not being famous and all. If you wanna see LA at night go up to Griffith park and look down on all the filth we have to offer. Try the generic Disney Land, Magic Mtn, and Knotts. PM me if you want other info. LATE

Quote Originally Posted by RON
    Don't forget to stop by our nice tourist attractions that most tourist don't get to see. Like: the corner of Florance and Normandy (starting place of the L.A. riots), The City of Compton (made famous by N.W.A.), also South Central is nice this time of year. Don't forget a nice scenic walk from The Forum to Staples Center or a stroll through MacArthur park. Actually MacArthur Park is cool because you can purchase anything you want there. Who needs college, get the degree of your choice for a few grand

LOL...i'm not too sure i would hit those spots without my gat...my friend has a pretty fucking nice car that would definitely stand out in the those areas, or so i believe....oh ya, the real "murder capital of the world" is new orleans, or at least according to master p...

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    Dude there are so many things to do here...jarrett did all the gay ass shit. As far as the clubs and bars are concerned...you must hit White Lotus up...make reservations to eat there; that guarantees you a spot in the club (make reservations one week in advance). Food is pretty pricey but well worth it...I myself was not to turned on by it...only becasue I am not into those club places...however, I ahve a feeling you may.

Here are some other places to hit:
    Venice Beach
    Dublin's (on Sunset)
    Barfly (Hollywood)
    Forty Deuce
    The Standard (either the Downtown LA or Sunset Strip one)
    Manhattan Beach

They are so many things to do. PM me and let me know exactly what you want to do...I'll help you out...

Peace
    butch, its funny that you mentioned the bar called "the standard"....my friend who is moving to LA knows a guy who apparently has some connections. well, to make a long story short, he got my friend into the standard with people like nick stahl (john connor from T3), kelly osbourne, and owen wilson just chillin' there. i'm a fucking hick from LA (louisiana, the other LA), so i thought that was pretty cool. he told me there was a total of probably 60 people in the bar so he actually spoke with nick stahl and owen wilson. i can't wait to go to LA. i just want to see someone famous. i know how lame that must sound to many of you, but it's sad but true. LOL

oh ya, my friends i will be with could give 2 shits about working out, so unfortunately gold's is out of the question...they all want to dress up and shit one or two of the nights and hit up some really nice places, which is cool by me, but not for more than 2 nights...i like being comfortable in a nice knit shirt with some jeans (not wranglers..LOL).....i'm under the impression that unless your a movie star you have to be dressed up to go out to most decent places......is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rush
    butch, its funny that you mentioned the bar called "the standard"....my friend who is moving to LA knows a guy who apparently has some connections. well, to make a long story short, he got my friend into the standard with people like nick stahl (john connor from T3), kelly osbourne, and owen wilson just chillin' there. i'm a fucking hick from LA (louisiana, the other LA), so i thought that was pretty cool. he told me there was a total of probably 60 people in the bar so he actually spoke with nick stahl and owen wilson. i can't wait to go to LA. i just want to see someone famous. i know how lame that must sound to many of you, but it's sad but true. LOL

oh ya, my friends i will be with could give 2 shits about working out, so unfortunately gold's is out of the question...they all want to dress up and shit one or two of the nights and hit up some really nice places, which is cool by me, but not for more than 2 nights...i like being comfortable in a nice knit shirt with some jeans (not wranglers..LOL).....i'm under the impression that unless your a movie star you have to be dressed up to go out to most decent places......is this true?
    Well it is not intirely (sp) true. You can dress up if you would like. hoever, you would be amazed on what the celebreties wear when they go out. A nice pair of pants and a button down shirt or perfect. You mentioned you and your bros would like to get dolled up and hit the town....then "White Lotus" is the place to go. This is the bar where Suge Night hit the valet guy. There is always gurateed to be a celebrity there. However, make dinner reservations first...becasue if you try to hit it after ten...you'll never get in. If you have to wait in lines then you'll never get in...only the pretty and rich get in (or it seems that way). If you PM me I can give you the number there.

The Standard is cool...if you get there pretty early then you should be able to get right in. However, if you get there late then you won't. SO I guess it is safe to say that if you get to any night club in LA late you won't get in. PM me and I can give you more detail.

Quote Originally Posted by RON
    Venice and Manhattan Beach are great. If you go to Golds in Venice don't go the the one on the beach. The other one is where all the pro's are at. Venice is just cool to walk down along the beach. People playing music and that one Hindu guy (Butch knows who I'm talkin about) .

Chillers on the Santa Monica promenade is cool. City Walk isn't bad for tourists. You can hang in Westwood and party with the UCLA students for a while (theres a cool beer by the yard place there) and then eat in Brentwood.

RON you forgot to mention Lincoln Hieghts. This place is one of the most romantinc places in LA. You can meet some real honies there....

Big Rush, don't believe everything you hear about LA. Just becasue our state is in major turmoil due to our wonderful Gray Davis...doesn't mean everywhere in LA sucks. When you get here you will know where the good and the bad are. If there is a Ghetto Bird (helicopter) flying over head...that is a good indication that it is not a good area to be in.

You'll do just fine here...it is a great place to visit and live...FOR REAL!

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

Melrose and Fairfax

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    RON you forgot to mention Lincoln Hieghts. This place is one of the most romantinc places in LA. You can meet some real honies there....

Big Rush, don't believe everything you hear about LA. Just becasue our state is in major turmoil due to our wonderful Gray Davis...doesn't mean everywhere in LA sucks. When you get here you will know where the good and the bad are. If there is a Ghetto Bird (helicopter) flying over head...that is a good indication that it is not a good area to be in.

You'll do just fine here...it is a great place to visit and live...FOR REAL!
    All the places named are cool. The only thing I would add would be to check out Melrose between Fairfax and LaBrea. Its L.A.'s version of Haight Ashbury. Also, for sure, as Ron said, go to Venice Beach. That place is wild. For night life, I used to work at the Viper Room. Tell the Indian guy at the door, Shawn, or Sal Jenco, part owner with Johnny Depp the your a friend of Steve's, the bodygaurd dude, and Rebekka from florida's cousin. They'll know who your talking about. I used to see Johhny Depp and various other celebrities there all the time. But be warned, I've been out of the area for a couple years and in L.A. thats a lifetime. Barfly was definately a hip hangout. A cool place to go and just chill out during the day, and see hot chicks is the coffee bean in Sunset Plaza. I saw Jennifer Aniston there a couple times. Dude, get ready for some hot women. No city tops L.A. when it comes to that. Pm me also if you got anymore questions. Since Ron and Butch and the other bro's are there now I'm sure there more in touch with whats going on. Have a great time. Peace.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Rush
    oh ya, the real "murder capital of the world" is new orleans, or at least according to master p...
    According to statistics Los Angles is. We took the title this past year (from NY I think). I wasn't trying to discurrage you. L.A. has its nice places just like any other city. I am a native. Been her all my life and I like living here.

Butch don't lie to him. Everyone knows to pick up the best hotties in L.A. you have to go to West Hollywood Don't be worried BR if they will only have sex with you in the dark. Its a custom there

SHit, RON is right....BR go to West Hollywood...fuckin fine ass ladies there ...go to the "Out of the Closet Cafe"....your bound to find someone special there...LMAO....if you know West Hollywood then you know what RON and I are talking about

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    if you want some REAL excitement put a pillow case on your head and go for a late night jog thru Compton!

seriously, I work in LA sometimes and always have a good time in Hollywood. and if you hang around Manns Chinese Theater you can get free tickets to the Jimmy Kimmel show...

Venice and Santa Monica are cool too...

Good Info....bump

BIG R is offline Member
    Hit up the Viper Room....that was definately a good place to have a good time. Golds is like a heaven if you are into BB'ing...I saw people from the WWF Battle Dome, Pro's from the IFBB. Big Lou Farigno was there training when I went to train there. All and all it was a good time.

R

Thread Information