• 1 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By Beetlegeuse
  • 1 Post By Mooseman33
  • 2 Post By Mooseman33

Thread: Quite a week in the psychiatric unit

Kimbo Almond is offline Banned

Quite a week in the psychiatric unit

I knew when I started trying to help out in psychiatric units, that there would once in a while be some very chaotic situations.

I started visiting Gregory (not his real name) about 3 months ago. I went in to see him for an hour or two every Saturday. At first he was in a normal low-to-medium security ward, but then he succesfully escaped and was brought back by the police a few hours later, so since then he's been in the high-security ward.

Five days ago, Gregory's sister Melanie (not her real name) messaged me to say that Gregory was on life support in intensive care after ingesting a poison.

Gregory very nearly died.

Here's the email that I sent to the hospital yesterday:

Hi

One of your patients in Hazelbrooke Ward, a male in his 40's named Gregory Washington, is across in the main hospital building right now in the ICU after having ingested a poison.

It was about two weeks ago that I first saw Gregory drink hand sanitiser. He had two of the portable 'Cutan' bottles hidden in the socks he was wearing, and he clearly showed me the label and pointed at the text which read "80g / 100g ethanol". I immediately understood that Gregory was drinking it to get drunk on the alcohol.

I first reported this to a nurse in Hazelbrooke about two weeks ago. Since that time, I haven't seen Gregory with a portable bottle of hand sanitiser, so I just figured that staff had taken all the hand sanitiser away from him and made it unavailable to him.

5 nights ago, Gregory and I were sitting chatting in the reception of Hazelbrooke. There is a sanitiser dispenser mounted on the wall in reception, however Gregory didn't go near it for the entire time we talked. However, just as I was leaving, a nurse was letting me out, and I heard a noise behind me... I looked back and saw Gregory pumping the wall dispenser. I immediately told the nurse "He's drinking that", and I also told the nurse that I had reported it before.

Gregory is very intelligent. He will pretend to have no interest in something he wants, and then he will wait until your back is turned to quietly and discretely take it.

I realise that hand sanitiser saves lives and that it's necessary in a hospital, but maybe Hazelbrooke should be an exception. I really do think that you should remove all wall-mounted hand sanitisers from Hazelbrooke, including the reception and toilet, and make it at a rule that you can't bring hand sanitiser in there (or any highly-concentrated solution of an alcohol like ethanol or propanol).

One other thing: If you ever notice that Gregory's eyes are unequal, it's because he's blind in one eye from measles as a child. His next of kin, his sister Melanie, confirmed this for me a few days ago.

I hope to continue visiting Gregory weekly when he's back in Hazelbrooke.

Thomas
    (also known as Haridas)

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Do thehonorable thing and sneak him in some hooch.
    Couchlockd and XnavyHMCS like this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Do thehonorable thing and sneak him in some hooch.
    And make sure it's Johnny walker
    Let the man live how he wants.
    Obs and XnavyHMCS like this.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    people like you should not be allowed to visit people there.

think about it, you are a black fucking hole. every story you have told is destruction because you were involved.
    now, poor crazy greg was living a crazy life but alive until he met you. Now greg is in ICU.

you are a virus.
    Obs and Capebuffalo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    people like you should not be allowed to visit people there.

think about it, you are a black fucking hole. every story you have told is destruction because you were involved.
    now, poor crazy greg was living a crazy life but alive until he met you. Now greg is in ICU.

you are a virus.
    Apart from the ICU bit, he's actually a lot saner now than when I first met him. The nurses appreciate my efforts.

Gregory has been transferred from ICU back to the high-security psychiatric unit.

Medically, Gregory has made a full recovery, there's no lasting effects from drinking the hand sanitiser. It was probably the 80% alcohol that made his blood sugar plummet and put him in a coma for a day or two.

Psychologically, the entire ordeal has had a net positive effect on him. I had been his only visitor for 2 or 3 months, and he got to see his siblings when he was in ICU, plus his sister has been telephoning him daily since then. Also, I think the entire experience gave him a 'shot of reality' and has steered him in the right direction.

I also managed to convince Gregory to talk to a pastor..... so now he'll have two visitors per week.... me at the weekend and the pastor during the week.

He also wants to learn the bagpipes so I've arranged for my bagpiper friend to come in and play for him.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo Almond View Post
    Gregory has been transferred from ICU back to the high-security psychiatric unit.

Medically, Gregory has made a full recovery, there's no lasting effects from drinking the hand sanitiser. It was probably the 80% alcohol that made his blood sugar plummet and put him in a coma for a day or two.

Psychologically, the entire ordeal has had a net positive effect on him. I had been his only visitor for 2 or 3 months, and he got to see his siblings when he was in ICU, plus his sister has been telephoning him daily since then. Also, I think the entire experience gave him a 'shot of reality' and has steered him in the right direction.

I also managed to convince Gregory to talk to a pastor..... so now he'll have two visitors per week.... me at the weekend and the pastor during the week.

He also wants to learn the bagpipes so I've arranged for my bagpiper friend to come in and play for him.
    Have you ever lifted anything other than your annoying fingers over a keyboard?

Have you ever lifted anything other than your annoying fingers over a keyboard?
    He lifts sacs, to play the sac pipe.... If ya catch my drift....
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    They are gonna be weaving prayer frisbees and chatting up the local sex offenders at the harry chrisna club in no time.

I sense the start of a long homosexual relationship starting between jeffey and kimbo.
    Couchlockd likes this.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I once got off the Interstate highway into the center of a mid-sized metropolitan city and saw a bum standing in the median holding a sign that read, "Why lie? I need beer." So I drove to the nearest convenience store and bought him a six as a reward for his honesty.

Back on the original topic, if you've ever been to London and visited the Imperial War Museum (probably the only building in the city sporting twin 15" gun turrets on the front lawn sourced from WWI dreadnaughts), that building originally was the Bethlehem Royal Hospital, what used to be called "an insane asylum." Because the asylum was such a raucous and disorderly place, the locals began applying its name to any condition of chaos. Except when it came off a Cockney tongue, "Bethlehem" got contracted to "Bed'lum."

And that, kiddies, is how the word "bedlam" comes to the English language.
    Couchlockd and Obs like this.

I was driving to yoga at 8:15 lastnight and I drove under a bridge.... I looked up and they were trying to talk a guy down so I parked my car and went up there. By the time I got up there, he had already climbed back over, so we sat and chatted with him for a half-hour or so, the police came, and he voluntarily went with the police to the psychiatric unit. Hopefully he got a bed and a load of valium for the night. I told him I'm in the psych unit every Saturday and that I'd ask for him when I'm in there next.

I was about a half-hour late for yoga.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    He lifts sacs, to play the sac pipe.... If ya catch my drift....
    I'm running the Belfast marathon on May 5th so I went for a 20-mile run 3 days ago, and I'm going easy on the weights until then (just one day a week of chest, shoulders, arms).

But after the marathon I'm going on Tren A 100mg EOD, NPP 100mg EOD, Masteron 100mg EOD, Test P 25mg EOD.

I'm running the Belfast marathon on May 5th so I went for a 20-mile run 3 days ago, and I'm going easy on the weights until then (just one day a week of chest, shoulders, arms).

But after the marathon I'm going on Tren A 100mg EOD, NPP 100mg EOD, Masteron 100mg EOD, Test P 25mg EOD.
    Don't you mean you're going to go on a bell head licking marathon.?

20 mile run, my fucking ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    20 mile run, my fucking ass.
    I ran 6 miles, walked a mile, ran 6 miles walked a mile.... I ran about 15 miles in total.

I can run a half-marathon (i.e. 13.1 miles) non-stop no problem, but for the full marathon I'll have to walk a mile here and there.

running in traffic is the best cardio, give it a shot.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Obs
    I was driving to yoga at 8:15 lastnight and I drove under a bridge.... I looked up and they were trying to talk a guy down so I parked my car and went up there. By the time I got up there, he had already climbed back over, so we sat and chatted with him for a half-hour or so, the police came, and he voluntarily went with the police to the psychiatric unit. Hopefully he got a bed and a load of valium for the night. I told him I'm in the psych unit every Saturday and that I'd ask for him when I'm in there next.

I was about a half-hour late for yoga.
    This is why I cant bear to try yoga.
    The people that do....

This is why I cant bear to try yoga.
    The people that do....
    If it's any consolation Obs... if it had been you up on the bridge, I would have pulled over into the hard shoulder and sparked up a cuban with my feet up on the dash

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    If it's any consolation Obs... if it had been you up on the bridge, I would have pulled over into the hard shoulder and sparked up a cuban with my feet up on the dash
    Is your Cuban friends name Jose?

Obs
    You couldnt grip one of my shoulders or budge my big ass.

but he will run around you in a circle chanting and playing with beads.
    Obs and Capebuffalo like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    but he will run around you in a circle chanting and playing with beads.

Thread Information