Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree1449Likes

Thread: MuscleScience's Iron Lab

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post

Sorry, I read that as Jelly at first but the forum wouldn't let my edit my post...

Is there any particular brand? I've thought about trying to make protein jelly but I don't know if it will work.
    This is the one i used. Was rather nice
    MuscleScience likes this.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post

This is the one i used. Was rather nice
    Its called "hartley's" incase you cant see the pic... i dont know the availability of ot overseas unfortunatly

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Right now I'm doing the more is better, but once i get to my ideal weight again then I will cut back to EOD. Since I took 2 years off, my body is well rested lol
    It will come back real fast as long as you do all the "other" things right (diet, rest,gear) your training doesnt have to be to intense. It comes right back. 2 years in a long time to take any un-needed chances.
    Obs and MuscleScience like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    It will come back real fast as long as you do all the "other" things right (diet, rest,gear) your training doesnt have to be to intense. It comes right back. 2 years in a long time to take any un-needed chances.

Good point,
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Muscle memory is amazing. By the way MS, two yeaes off... you are looking great. You are gonna be huge in no time.
    Last edited by Obs; 05-14-2017 at 09:14 AM.
    BG likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Muscle memory is amazing. By the way MS, two yeaes off... you are looking great. You are gonna be huge in no time.
    Thanks, Most are old pics just before my knee surgery. Looking at them everyday is motivation for me to get back after it. Certain aspects of my physique are really close to where I need to be. Obviously my legs and specifically my right leg are way behind that but I'm getting there with them too.
    NACH3, RaginCajun, BG and 1 others like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Like putting that in rice cakes?

Even that isn't helping much, I'm just hungry lol

No, honestly I've never tried that. I will give it a go.
    100% works and also sends a message to the brain that your full aswell as shrinking your stomach.
    MuscleScience, Obs and BG like this.

KCMOman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    Awesome, thanks guys. On Tuesday I ran 5k (3.2 miles ) in 19.37 minutes, which is a shade over a 6minute mile. I haven't done that since college baseball. My knee felt pretty good durning the run but I could tell i over did it a little. I was pretty sore until today. One of my goals was to become a better runner again since it's such a effective form of cardio and it's honesty nice to have a good aerobic capacity again for all the other active things I do in life.
    MS I have to say since you're running the mile just over 6 minutes then it seems you are recovering very very well! I've been training since the Stone Age and have never completed a 5k under 20 minutes! I did one close to 24 a few years back! I get bored with running but throw in an obstacle course then I love it!
    MuscleScience and Obs like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KCMOman View Post
    MS I have to say since you're running the mile just over 6 minutes then it seems you are recovering very very well! I've been training since the Stone Age and have never completed a 5k under 20 minutes! I did one close to 24 a few years back! I get bored with running but throw in an obstacle course then I love it!
    I've always been able to run short distances like that. In college by the end of Fall baseball, if we as pitchers couldn't run 2 miles under 12 min then we didn't get out jerseys for the season. My only issue with recover ATM is being able to squat and deadlift. I'm only able to do maybe 185 without much pain. I don't really care about squatijt heavy amounts again but I would like to be able to squat 315 for 15-20 reps again.

Blog Entries
    Had a pretty great day of training. Today was Chest/tris and Shoulders, started off with barbell bench. Been putting on strength each week, but this week I decided that I would avoid ego benching. I worked up to 225 for reps of 5, which when I'm in shape Is typically a warm up set lol. It didn't feel good even though it seemed easy to get up. I dropped down the weight to 185 and focused on slow negatives, perfect form and pause off of the chest. That actually felt really good and got me a really good pump going for the rest of my workout.

Another thing I did that I've never done before was going up in incline. I started obviously with flat bench, then to incline press for 4 sets then to shoulder press for 4 sets. Again focusing on very slow negatives and perfect form. Again, amazing pumps from that and was good for pre-fatigueing my triceps for their own lifts.

I had been noticing that my stabilizers fatigue very quickly with upper body lifts. So I have been doing all the boring little stabilizer exercises with the hope that I keep myself from injury. It's boring but I'm not rehabbing again.

The past few weeks my upper body has really increased in mass. MY shoulders are very striated already my vascularity is coming along. Im just happy im filling out and dropping BF at the same time. My legs on the other hand are lagging, as expected. But much more than I expected them too. They will come along though. This week I am going to add a bit more volume in training, I think the knee will handle it just fine. I think I'm going to add in the hip sled leg press and go a little heavy, since I can't with squat just yet.
    Obs likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Haha, I'm back. No censoring me fuckers lol
    Obs, NACH3 and RaginCajun like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Haha, I'm back. No censoring me fuckers lol
    Saw that earlier. Thought you did it yourself to carry on writing a post .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Saw that earlier. Thought you did it yourself to carry on writing a post .
    Idk what happened, I tried to reopen it several times once I noticed was closed but it wouldn't let me. So I said the hell with it and went to bed. Woke up and went in and fixed it...lol

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Idk what happened, I tried to reopen it several times once I noticed was closed but it wouldn't let me. So I said the hell with it and went to bed. Woke up and went in and fixed it...lol
    You might of pressed close when writing your last post.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Lol

Thanks man, you do know it all to well. Another thing that's helping me stay motivated and keeping frustrations at bay is immersing in BodyBuilding again. I check in here constantly, my Facebook feed is completely littered with BodyBuilding, fitness and nutritional pages. Watching tv shows and movies like Pumping iron, Generation Iron and Generation Iron 2 now that it's out. It keeps you constantly engaged and focused on the lifestyle.
    Couldn't agree more buddy! I've always noticed things tend to fall apart in my life when not lifting or immersed in the lifestyle - diet - HIT'ing - and just tearing shit up never made me feel so good! Ive/we've proven to ourselves after serious injuries we CAN do it and want to do it!

This log will keep me motivated for sure! Looking forward to following along MS!

Blog Entries
    After yesterday's workout I have still got an awesome insane post workout pump going. The skin in My arms and chest feel so tight and my veins are busting out like crazy. So motivating to see your work come out so fast.
    NACH3 and RaginCajun like this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    will be following along!

as far as the night time snack, how about cottage cheese, natty PB, and sugar free jam? or cottage cheese and sugar free jello pudding mix?
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 05-15-2017 at 12:43 PM.
    NACH3 and MuscleScience like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    will be following along!

as far as the night time snack, how about cottage cheese, natty PB, and sugar free jam? or cottage cheese and sugar free jello pudding mix?
    Cottage cheese I have not. The natty PB I do. but it's got a lot of calories and I can eat the whole jar. I just started with the sugar free jello and sugar free jelly on rice cakes. I had forgot all about rice cakes, they do a great job of Helping suppress hunger. I also have been chugging ice cold water. This week is my lower cal week. Last week I stayed at maintenance cals and had a few more cheat meals to reset my metabolism and food boredom.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Cottage cheese I have not. The natty PB I do. but it's got a lot of calories and I can eat the whole jar. I just started with the sugar free jello and sugar free jelly on rice cakes. I had forgot all about rice cakes, they do a great job of Helping suppress hunger. I also have been chugging ice cold water. This week is my lower cal week. Last week I stayed at maintenance cals and had a few more cheat meals to reset my metabolism and food boredom.
    kel kel and Gbrice got me on the cottage cheese

you can always blend it with some protein powder and almond milk, and make quasi ice cream with it by freezing it

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

you can always blend it with some protein powder and almond milk, and make quasi ice cream with it by freezing it
    A little pineapple with the cottage cheese is fantastic as well! It comes together either fat free or with fat if that's what you need more of.. also mixed nuts cashews pistachios almonds and walnuts are great(no sodium in it either or they have both obviously)...
    RaginCajun likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    A little pineapple with the cottage cheese is fantastic as well! It comes together either fat free or with fat if that's what you need more of.. also mixed nuts cashews pistachios almonds and walnuts are great(no sodium in it either or they have both obviously)...
    I'll have to do that. I'll be ripped in no time!
    RaginCajun and NACH3 like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    I'm definitely going to have to dial in the amount of volume I do for upper body
    Lifts. My elbows and shoulders are sore after my workout from Sunday. Not bad, but enough to know that my tendons and ligaments may need a bit more rest.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

I'm definitely going to have to dial in the amount of volume I do for upper body
    Lifts. My elbows and shoulders are sore after my workout from Sunday. Not bad, but enough to know that my tendons and ligaments may need a bit more rest.
    BOOM!!!!!

that a way to get it!
    MuscleScience and NACH3 like this.

Blog Entries
    nice log MS I will be following along as well...good luck...

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks

I eat a bowl of cottage cheese with mandarin oranges and grapes every night before bed. Love it.
    NACH3 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Blog Entries
    Kind of a both mixed bag today of improvements and setbacks.

First my legs are starting to pack on a bit more mass. Much more than I had realized. My right quad is actually as big as my left finally. My lower legs aren't coming along yet but I am hoping they will be like my quads and one day just pop.

At Orange theory tonight we did a lot of body weight squats and lunges, and I mean a lot. The jumping and twisting type exercises I don't do, I will just do air squats or sometimes squat jacks, which are awesome if you have never done them FYI. I had to stop doing legs stuff towards the end as I started getting sharp pains in the knee. Nothing to bad just no sense in pushing it. That was a bit frustrating because I haven't experienced any pain like that in several months. Cardio and everything else went really well though. My heart rate was up pretty high and burned a lot of calories.

Abs as starting to come in a bit, relaxed I got a few outer lines, flexed I have top two coming in. Couple more months and I should have nice visible abs relaxed and nice cuts flexed.
    Obs and RaginCajun like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs
    Kind of a both mixed bag today of improvements and setbacks.

First my legs are starting to pack on a bit more mass. Much more than I had realized. My right quad is actually as big as my left finally. My lower legs aren't coming along yet but I am hoping they will be like my quads and one day just pop.

At Orange theory tonight we did a lot of body weight squats and lunges, and I mean a lot. The jumping and twisting type exercises I don't do, I will just do air squats or sometimes squat jacks, which are awesome if you have never done them FYI. I had to stop doing legs stuff towards the end as I started getting sharp pains in the knee. Nothing to bad just no sense in pushing it. That was a bit frustrating because I haven't experienced any pain like that in several months. Cardio and everything else went really well though. My heart rate was up pretty high and burned a lot of calories.

Abs as starting to come in a bit, relaxed I got a few outer lines, flexed I have top two coming in. Couple more months and I should have nice visible abs relaxed and nice cuts flexed.
    Congratulations on the quads brother. I wish my abs looked like yours. I have to do better in that department.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on the quads brother. I wish my abs looked like yours. I have to do better in that department.
    Thanks man, I wish my abs looked like my abs did when I was healthy. But wishing hasn't been getting it done so I'm training and eating right.

My only advice would be for anyone to make sure you are getting in some HIIT. I'm a firm believer in HIIT training and it's positive effects on bodybuilders. Got to stimulate that GH release, keep the heart happy and the arteries efficient at supplying the working muscle with blood.
    Obs and AKD_FitChick like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs
    Thanks man, I wish my abs looked like my abs did when I was healthy. But wishing hasn't been getting it done so I'm training and eating right.

My only advice would be for anyone to make sure you are getting in some HIIT. I'm a firm believer in HIIT training and it's positive effects on bodybuilders. Got to stimulate that GH release, keep the heart happy and the arteries efficient at supplying the working muscle with blood.
    My job qualifies as Hiit. I get worried about the catabolic effects sometimes. Your abs have some serious meat to them. I will be there eventually.

Blog Entries
    My job qualifies as Hiit. I get worried about the catabolic effects sometimes. Your abs have some serious meat to them. I will be there eventually.
    Yeah, they are big as fuck. Thats why I'm terrible at physique class. It's also why I stopped doing deads regularly.

What is your TDEE on none training days?
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 05-16-2017 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Fucking autocorrect
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs
    Yeah, they are big as fuck. That why I'm terrible at physique class. It's also why I stopped doing dreads regularly.

I am embarrassed to say I have been struggling to get 3000 cal. My life goes stationary then balls out. Pct took my apetite and every bite is choked down now. Everything tastes like shit. Partially why I am seeking trt.

Obs
    Yeah, they are big as fuck. That why I'm terrible at physique class. It's also why I stopped doing dreads regularly.

By the way my neck and chest is disproportionate as hell i know the struggle. My neck is 2" over aesthetic. My chest is 52".
    The rest of me is embarrassing

Blog Entries
    By the way my neck and chest is disproportionate as hell i know the struggle. My neck is 2" over aesthetic. My chest is 52".
    The rest of me is embarrassing
    My arms use to be that way. I actually stopped training arms on their own for a few years. It was embarrassing to have arms like I was 230-40lbs solid but was only 180 or 190 lbs...lol

Now that the rest of my body has filled out, I train Arms again. I was looking at old pictures and I neglected them to the point there they didn't fit with my body size in the opposite way.
    Obs likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs
    My arms use to be that way. I actually stopped training arms on their own for a few years. It was embarrassing to have arms like I was 230-40lbs solid but was only 180 or 190 lbs...lol

Now that the rest of my body has filled out, I train Arms again. I was looking at old pictures and I neglected them to the point there they didn't fit with my body size in the opposite way.
    When I look at the pros it blows my mind how proportional they are. They have to be scientific to be what they are.
    Then you hear one of them say some off the wall shit about cycling like seth feroce running tamoxifen
    Throughout his cycles and you're thinking WTF???

I will feel better when my arms match my chest. I will feel better when everything matches my chest and neck. I am becoming a horse and I love it. It is consuming my life. I have a potential that is awesome just like you. I will make it happen. I will step on an ifbb stage before I die and I will blow minds.
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

Blog Entries
    When I look at the pros it blows my mind how proportional they are. They have to be scientific to be what they are.
    Then you hear one of them say some off the wall shit about cycling like seth feroce running tamoxifen
    Throughout his cycles and you're thinking WTF???

I will feel better when my arms match my chest. I will feel better when everything matches my chest and neck. I am becoming a horse and I love it. It is consuming my life. I have a potential that is awesome just like you. I will make it happen. I will step on an ifbb stage before I die and I will blow minds.
    Hell yeah bro, get some!
    AKD_FitChick and Obs like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

KJ419 is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    Following!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ419 View Post
    Following!

If akdfitchick or someone hasnt invited you, check out marcus's HIT dungeon thread.

KJ419 is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    If akdfitchick or someone hasnt invited you, check out marcus's HIT dungeon thread.
    I've been creeping it but haven't posted yet lol I'm not quite sure where to chime in since I still feel like such a newbie haha I feel like the dorky kid sister just waiting for the right opportunity to be like "heyyyyyyyyyy please be friends wif me"

Obs
    I've been creeping it but haven't posted yet lol I'm not quite sure where to chime in since I still feel like such a newbie haha I feel like the dorky kid sister just waiting for the right opportunity to be like "heyyyyyyyyyy please be friends wif me"

Its not facebook, if you have the drive they love you and you have the drive. Just post and ask for help on a workout and they will change your life.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

I'll invite you to the dungeon! come and play and get fuckin ripped! There isn't anyone in there who can't help so I say - we'll be friends

Edit - introduce yourself and watch the hardcore members' workouts to give you other ideas - it's your mindset which counts the most!
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-17-2017 at 03:45 AM.
    KJ419, Obs, AKD_FitChick and 1 others like this.

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread Information