Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member

Why does everyone always want to arm wrestle me???

Does anyone else get this?? Everywhere I go it seems like people want to arm wrestle me just because I have bigger than average arms. Yesterday at work my co wokers nagged me all day to arm wrestle them! They are all average, fat, or really skinny and I might be able to beat them might not but just becuase I have bigger arms and "Workout" they feel they have to test their strength against me. The few times that i've give in in the past i've pulled my bicep a few times and don't want to do it again so I always decline which leads to more nagging....

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I don't want to arm wrestle you. SO see, not "everyone" wants to arm wrestle you.

I used to go through that occasionally, just blow 'em off and forget about it.

sd11 is offline Banned
    To avoid the nagging what you need to do is simple.....when challenged wrap your elbow with one of those bad ass wraps like Lincoln Hawk in Over the Top then break out a boombox and put on something like Meet Me Halfway by Kenny Loggins and then start snapping arms. It will be like Over the Top, but only in real life.

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    I don't get that too much. People bug me with other things. Especially when the need to move heavy furniture. They are always like hey you work out you gotta help me move my shit. And sometimes they look like they are doing me a favour when they say that. "Since he like's to lift weights, he must be happy lifting heavy stuff all the time". Also most apartments where I live are without elevators. So moving a huge bed to the 4th floor can be quite a task.

Don't get me wrong now, if a close realative or friend asks me I'll do it no problem but the rest can find someone else or hire someone to do it. I always argue that because I lift weights I shouldn't help out. I need my strenght for my workouts and there's to big a chance to get injured by lifting incorrectly. Everytime my knees hurt like hell.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    I get that sometimes too, mostly from younger guys... take my advice,, DON'T DO IT!! even if you know you could probably pull the guys arm OFF, it's not worth it.

I sprained my elbow doing that shit at a party one night and couldn't lift for 2wks!!

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    oohhh yeahhhhh over the top.... dont make me have to turn my hat around ooohhh yeaaaahhh

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    yeah ive been getting that alot for the past couple months. my favorite response is screw the arm wrestling we can just get the ruler and see who the real man is. i took one of my workout partners out and some guy was talking about he had just won some arm wrestling contest a couple weeks prior. so my buddy gets all pissed off talking about how hed kill the guy. so they arm wrestle and my buddy held him there for roughly thirty seconds before being beat. the funny thing is one of the champions buddies was hovering over them yelling. so in the middle of the match my buddy is holding the guy and starts talking about hes gonna smash the dude if says one more word. the dude barely backed up but he did shutup. so my buddy is like lets do it left handed. the guy couldnt even hold him for two seconds. so they were like cool and had respect for eachother. but then the loud dude started talking again so my buddy just spit in his face and told him he had better get out of there. the guy left so fast he forgot his jacket! AND THEN MY BUDDY COULDNT TRAIN FOR OVER A WEEK BECAUSE HIS ELBOW HURT.

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    yeah ive been getting that alot for the past couple months. my favorite response is screw the arm wrestling we can just get the ruler and see who the real man is. i took one of my workout partners out and some guy was talking about he had just won some arm wrestling contest a couple weeks prior. so my buddy gets all pissed off talking about how hed kill the guy. so they arm wrestle and my buddy held him there for roughly thirty seconds before being beat. the funny thing is one of the champions buddies was hovering over them yelling. so in the middle of the match my buddy is holding the guy and starts talking about hes gonna smash the dude if says one more word. the dude barely backed up but he did shutup. so my buddy is like lets do it left handed. the guy couldnt even hold him for two seconds. so they were like cool and had respect for eachother. but then the loud dude started talking again so my buddy just spit in his face and told him he had better get out of there. the guy left so fast he forgot his jacket! AND THEN MY BUDDY COULDNT TRAIN FOR OVER A WEEK BECAUSE HIS ELBOW HURT.just say no!

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    DAMN, I wish I would get an arm wrestling challenge.

I used to work at a drug store and I often wore my shirts with the sleeves rolled up a little because they were too tight on my arms. One evening as I am working as a cashier, I was ringing up some merchandise for a couple and the woman told her ol' man, "DAMN, look at the size of his arms." Then she asked me, "How much do you charge to beat somebody up for me. If not that, just scare him so he can leave me along."

Then when I began working at a department store, some 19 yr. old kid who often got picked on by the bigger guys with whom he worked came to me and asked me to beat one of them up for him. He offered to pay me $50.....LOL I later learned that he was the son of a fucking billionaire who owns a trucking company.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    I get that sometimes too, mostly from younger guys... take my advice,, DON'T DO IT!! even if you know you could probably pull the guys arm OFF, it's not worth it.

I sprained my elbow doing that shit at a party one night and couldn't lift for 2wks!!
    word to that. i'm >still< recovering from a wrist injury that i incurred from arm wrestling over a MONTH ago. granted instead of taking some time off, i just popped a ton of advil and continued my workouts despite the pain...=/

-- clocky baby

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Next time they want to arm wrestle you to test strength, tell them you can't and invite them for a lifting session instead. You decline the arm wrestle, they'll decline the workout, its even

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Same thing happens to me I dont do it cause I know I will end up pulling something no I just say no that I got a workout in a little while

But an arm wrestle once in a while wont hurt I guess some compition for ya

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    LOL
    I thought it was just my moron friends that did that!

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    I guess I can tell them now that they're not the only stupid bastards that do that!

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    When I get asked to arm wrestle I always tell them that we should go arm to arm instead and see who last the longest. I really cant hit that hard but just by saying that, it makes them think that I can and they dont bug me about it anymore.

Well, I have a coworker who once doubted my training ability and strength. He challenged me to a bench press challenge at the employee's gym on night. I told him, "No problem. How much are we talking?"

That challenge never came up again.

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Yeah that was actually like my response to the arm wrestling challenge at work this time... put $50 on it and i'll do it. Needless to say they declined.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrett
    oohhh yeahhhhh over the top.... dont make me have to turn my hat around ooohhh yeaaaahhh
    your weak bro...

I hurt my elbow once after arm wrestling 7-8 guys in a row in the college cafeteria. Beat them all but it wasnt funny only being able to train legs & calves for a month
    I dont do it anymore.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    if people ask you to arm wrestle its because you lokk big but not enough so they tends to think they still have a chance to beat you

Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    if people ask you to arm wrestle its because you lokk big but not enough so they tends to think they still have a chance to beat you
    TRLS, if that's you in your AV then I'll be happy to arm wrestle you just so that I can let you win.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    its been a fuck for awhile...
    now its just an ex stupid girl

im sure if she knew that i use her asss for avatar she probably call the cops!!

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Look at it from their point of view. If they win then they just beat some big guy and can brag. If they lose then so what they were suppose to lose. You are the one in the no win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    its been a fuck for awhile...
    now its just an ex stupid girl

im sure if she knew that i use her asss for avatar she probably call the cops!!
    Oh yeah, I can see the police report: The subject was placed under arrest and read his Miranda rights for alledgedly making an ass of his ex-girlfriend on the internet.

Thread Information