compwhiz16 is offline Junior Member

Mr. Olympia 2003

Hey ya'll, I have some vacation coming up in October and was thinking of going to Vegas when it hit me that the Mr. O is also during the last week of October. So, naturally it got me thinking and it would be nice if I could go and see the show. What I need to know is what does it cost to see the main event? How much in advance is it good to get tickets? Do these pro.'s also walk around that you can get pictures with them. Let me know. Any feedback would be appreciated. PEACE ! pm me if need be. Thanks.

redrock is offline Member
    Tickets for the night show all depend on how close you want to be. I got nose bleed seats for 75. On thursday, friday and saturday, at the Mandalay Bay Hotel, they have the Olympia Expo. Supplement Companies are there along with other vendors and pros. You will be able to see all of the top pro's and some who are on their way out.

I got my picture taken with King Kamali, Lee Priest, Mike Matarazzo, Dorian Yates, Nasser El Sonbaty, Timea Majarova, and a few others 2 years ago. I missed it last year but plan on going to this years. You can get great deals on protein and other stuff. REDROCK

Thanks redrock. Did you say $75 for all three nights. That is not bad. See for me it will be expensive as I will visiting from Canada but if I will go and see then I will rather pay and get some good seats. How far is the nose bleed? When is the best time to get pictures with these guys? thanks.

75 bucks just for the Men's night show. I think it is around 150-200 for a full weekend. Nosebleed is either you need good binoculars, at least a 300x zoom on your camera or you just watch the the jumbo tron.

You can get pictures with just about anybody at the Expo. They are all at booths or walking around. You just walk up and ask. Most are pretty nice. REDROCK

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    How big are these dudes in person? I just can't imagine standing next to king kamali, dorian, or nasser. I'd feel like such a pussy.

Dorian isn't as big as he was in his hayday, but Mike Matarazzo and Nasser stand out in my mind from the 2001 Olympia. I didn't get to meet Jay Cutler and I was upset about that. The biggest person there at the expo was actually Bill Kazmier. He is the old "World's Strongest Man." He is still built like a tank. He arms and chest are HUGE! REDROCK

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    i stood next to Gunter in the offseason and this guy had to be at least 350 that and i didnt even come up to his shoulder. hes the biggest guy i have ever seen. and i have friends who are 6' 275lbs. rock. i thought they were huge until i saw Gunter

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    I went to the 2001 Arnold Classic and got VIP tickets. The bodybuilders are awesome and will talk to you for ever. You will have the time of your life. My buddy and I talked to Matarazzaro, Aaron Maddron and Nasser forever. Nasser was the coolest and couldn't stop saying thank you when we bought his video. They are all down to earth guys. I had Frank Zane come over and asked if I want a picture with him because he saw me staring at him. Make sure you get tickets for the expo on the first day. Most of the bodybuilders will be there then. Vegas is my next stop since my boy just moved out there, can't wait. Have a blast!

Thanks guys, Redrock you are by the far the fastest one to answer on this forum. Yeah, I am looking forward to meeting some of the huge mofo at this show. Actually I had the pleasure of meeting Nasser, Craig Titus, Vince Taylor and Aaron (can't remember the last name but he is a black dude) in Edmonton, Canada. And yes I agree with caatmount that Nasser was by far the coolest and humble bodybuilder that I have ever met. Catamount, when you say buy tickets for the Expo? Is this different from the show and how much does it cost. Thanks. Waiting for some more feedback. Attaching an image with nasser below:
    Last edited by compwhiz16; 07-11-2003 at 10:43 AM.

Pic with Nasser:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mr. Olympia 2003-nasir.jpg  

Aaron Baker probably? Yes the expo is different from the show. If you were to get VIP tickets you would gain all weekend access to it. That would cost you $500 if I remember right so it's a little expensive but you can do so much with it. The expo would be at the Mandalay Bay Hotel conference rooms I believe. This is where all the companies sell their products and give away free samples and shirts and where the bodybuilders sign their pictures and sell their stuff to you. It's basically a fair. I'm not sure how much the expo would be because I got the VIP's so everything came with it. Maybe $25-30. It should say in a Muscle and Fitness ad. Worth every cent!

Compwiz - The Expo is free! It is usually set up in 2 huge conference rooms. If you need protein or supplements, this is the time to get them. I got a 10lb. tub of protein for 30 bucks from MRM. I knew the owner, but she was giving that price to everyone. I would check ticketmaster for tickets. If that doesn't work, go to http://www.getbig.com/olympiaweekend...ia2003info.htm

That site has all the ticket and schedule of events info. Hope this helps. I'm sure there will be lots of AR people there. REDROCK

I'll be there for sure!

shorty2big is offline Member
    the expo is the best part of the olympia. I have gone 4 times and I won't even go to the show anymore. By the way, the expo is completely free and open the public.
    S2B

The Olympia expo is free? Damn Arnold for making me pay!

Thread Information