BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

I'm ADDICTED to Free Cell...is there any redeeming value in that?

Seriously, I can't get enough. I can't stop playing. The only thing that has me ready to stop is the fact that I illegally downloaded Dumber&Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd. It's my first big-time illegal download, so it's a big deal to me.

Anyway, is there anything good that can come from this? It's not a witless game like solitaire...i'm actually forced to think, strategize and plan a little bit. I am prepping for the LSAT's now (of which one section requires some serious "if-then" logic. Could it be the case that free cell helps develop that kind of thinking? Please say yes.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Hmm...Big Green I think you need to take a break from the studies bro...or at leastt ake a cold shower and snap the f*ck out of it...lmao...j/k bro

I cannot help you becasue I hate free cell...maybe it's becasue you need to use thought...I don't have patients for that...good luck with the LSATs bro...

BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    I believe I heard somewhere that solitaire actually "exercised" the brain in lieu of other mental stimulation, so FreeCell can't be bad.

Workout your ams... your arms get bigger.

Workout certain parts of your brain...
    Last edited by BimBamBoom; 07-09-2003 at 04:55 PM.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    I used to play Free Cell on our police report writing computer when I was in law enforcement and thought that it was not all that exciting. I got more excitement from Collapse, Pipes, and Textris.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    BigGreen..I feel so much better after reading your post..I have been addicted to that game for years..I used to think I was going to have to seek professional help..Like Free Cell Anonymous..I still find myself jumping on and playing nearly everyday..It's to the point now though that my wife threatens me when she catches me playing..I have upped the ante by keeping track of my winning percentage in the statistics section of the game..If I fall below 80 percent I start to get ticked..It really is a bit of an addiction..I like to tell myself it facilitates a higher level of thinking and is a stress reliever..I know that's bullshit but it sounds good when I am telling my wife that excuse..I feel your pain and have NO advice to offer on the problem..Maybe we should start up a national support group..

Doc M

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    I think Collapse has to be my worst addiction.

I used to go to iwon.com's game section and play it every night. Then I got a friend hooked on it. We were always telling each other our best score and I think the highest that I've gotten there was 380,000 and up to level 8. But when she emailed me to tell me that she beat my score, I've never gone back there again.......LOL

flexgolf is offline Member
    i once vowed that i would beat every game. until i reached a game i couldnt beat. turns out this particular game is indeed unbeatable. seee if u can find out which game number this is.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    My best was 31 straight wins in Free Cell. Now I play Spider solitaire with 2 suits, best score 1106.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Yes, first solitaire, than the tad more advanced Free Cell, but for the more elite Spider Solitaire with numerous suits..... this is my new addiction.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    I was a spider solitare pro for 13 months!!!!! haven't touched that game since i moved

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Screw these petty Windows games. Sign up at yahoo. Play Euchre & Hearts. See how good you can do there. I'm damn good.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    My best was 31 straight wins in Free Cell. Now I play Spider solitaire with 2 suits, best score 1106.
    ...I love spider solitare, that is the one game that gets me through the rough days!

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Spider Solitaire..I must check this one out..Hopefully it will help break the Freecell addicition..

Doc M

sigrabbit is offline Member
    You must be careful in the world of computer card games. You will find yourself in an endless circle of being addicted to one game after another, until your mind becomes obsessed with beating your best score. I must say that Freecell and the others got me through some long cold winters during law school.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    Screw these petty Windows games. Sign up at yahoo. Play Euchre & Hearts. See how good you can do there. I'm damn good.
    I frequently go on yahoo as well ocassionally. I go strait to the blackjack and texas hold 'em

redrock is offline Member
    Hello, my name is Redrock, and i'm addicted to Spider Solitaire.

nj juice is offline Member
    i'm addicted to snood, i can't get enough of that game, and when my gf comes over and puts a high score on the game, i'll play for hours until my scores are all on top.

Only games I am addicted to are Bublet and Bejeweled on my Palm

Wooo!

Red

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    i forced myself to take all the games off of my computer before every semester. if i didnt i ended up wasting a good two hours every time i stopped studying to play one game.

Thread Information