calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"

Mal de Debarquement medication? Cure?

A wife of my really good friend is suffering from Mal de Debarquement after returning from cruise. She is feeling dizzy and getting the rocky motion as she is still on the ship. Any idea how to resolve this?
    Thank you for your help in advance.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Are they sure that the diagnosis is correct? After dealing with a blast injury, I had all kinds of weird balance and orientation sensations. Totally buffaloed the @ the TMC crew so they sent me on to the hospital, but finally a Dr. put two and two together.
    Ended up being something that may have been totally unrelated, but it is relatively common and treatable. Never knew we had crystals in our ears until this, but they can be realigned.

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) | Vestibular Disorders Association

Edit: It wrecked one ear, but I did get my balance and orientation back with therapy. There are tests they can do and by watching.your eyes in relation to the movements, they can tell which crystals need to be realigned.. There were times I would literally be listing to one side while seated. Embarrassing as fvck.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-25-2018 at 10:15 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Are they sure that the diagnosis is correct? After dealing with a blast injury, I had all kinds of weird balance and orientation sensations. Totally buffaloed the @ the TMC crew so they sent me on to the hospital, but finally a Dr. put two and two together.
    Ended up being something that may have been totally unrelated, but it is relatively common and treatable. Never knew we had crystals in our ears until this, but they can be realigned.

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) | Vestibular Disorders Association

Edit: It wrecked one ear, but I did get my balance and orientation back with therapy. There are tests they can do and by watching.your eyes in relation to the movements, they can tell which crystals need to be realigned.. There were times I would literally be listing to one side while seated. Embarrassing as fvck.
    ok here is what i know. My buddy took his wife to cruise and since she returned she is having balaning and fanting issues she only have this when she is standing she is fine when she is driving or swimming it is the standing that screws it up.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    ok here is what i know. My buddy took his wife to cruise and since she returned she is having balaning and fanting issues she only have this when she is standing she is fine when she is driving or swimming it is the standing that screws it up.
    If she can move her head throughout normal positions w/o any issues then it probably isn't BPPV from what I understand. Her ENT should be able to send her for a screening for BPPV. Maybe he has seen something that indicates it is Mal de Debarquement.
    Hope they get her squared away.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information