Thread: August Most Improved Competition

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by rnsplg View Post
    Tonight's workout;

Lying leg curls 90*20,10,8
    Single leg calf raise 30, 30, 30
    Seated calf raise 40*30,30,40 long rest before last set, went daydreaming

Quite some anxiety pre workout, gym was packed, forgot magnesium at home, went to get it, gym was silent when I came back. Beating my old self from last cycle pretty damn well even before the anadrol, it seems some muscle memory pushed me a small step ahead, then the anadrol does great work on top... Let's see if I can squat 180kg (396lbs) for reps and deadlift 250kg (550lbs) for 4
    Impressive deadlift.

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    No b12. Perhaps i should.

Shoulders

Upright row
    Side lateral
    Cable row
    Military press
    Plate raise (straght arm from pecker to overhead)
    Straight arm cable push down
    Reverse fly
    Db pullover

All x3 varying rest from 0-60 seconds
    Burnt triceps on accident
    No, b12 will make you feel starving as fuck.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Impressive deadlift.
    Thanks!

Obs
    Thanks!
    You beat me and then some.
    I don't think my spine can take that.
    What is your bodyweight now?

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post

I don't know what happened but my hunger has been higher lately since my little episode. Tring to decide if its good or bad...

Obs
    Another slightly ridiculous side effect lately is terrible bloat after workout. I am almost always naseous after workout but now I have a bloat and gas afterward. It is not estrogen related. It is annoying though. I gotta figure out how to put up hot/cold photos at comp end without bloat. Could be the preworkout and creatine mix I take beforehand I guess.

You beat me and then some.
    I don't think my spine can take that.
    What is your bodyweight now?
    Don't give up yet :P

I don't know, I don't even have a scale at home. Around 180 I guess. When I weigh myself constantly I make bad decisions on diet adjustments. If I'm getting stronger I'm not too low on calories, or depleted glycogen stores. Slow and steady fat loss and I can stay anabolic .

Re: spine, keep in mind I've been lifting for over a decade. If anything hurts I take a break, let it heal, come back stronger. I lift with a perfectly straight spine and don't feel a damn thing, never did. I think I'm blessed with a solid spine but then again my warm-up and stretch takes 15-20 minutes, lower body days has its own routine and upper body its own for shoulders. Martial arts and running kills my joints, my knees mostly, much more than lifting. From 2012-2015 the pain was so bad I only did bodyweight stuff to stay fit... I know it's counterintuitive but if you learn the proper technique and acquire the needed flexibility, lifting is pretty low risk. The movements are within the joints natural paths and the force is constant, compare to e.g. running in football with drastic turns, the force is spring like and not a simple knee extension, but in every angle (which causes a crap load of wear and tear).
    Obs and OdinsOtherSon like this.

Obs
    Don't give up yet :P

I don't know, I don't even have a scale at home. Around 180 I guess. When I weigh myself constantly I make bad decisions on diet adjustments. If I'm getting stronger I'm not too low on calories, or depleted glycogen stores. Slow and steady fat loss and I can stay anabolic .

Re: spine, keep in mind I've been lifting for over a decade. If anything hurts I take a break, let it heal, come back stronger. I lift with a perfectly straight spine and don't feel a damn thing, never did. I think I'm blessed with a solid spine but then again my warm-up and stretch takes 15-20 minutes, lower body days has its own routine and upper body its own for shoulders. Martial arts and running kills my joints, my knees mostly, much more than lifting. From 2012-2015 the pain was so bad I only did bodyweight stuff to stay fit... I know it's counterintuitive but if you learn the proper technique and acquire the needed flexibility, lifting is pretty low risk. The movements are within the joints natural paths and the force is constant, compare to e.g. running in football with drastic turns, the force is spring like and not a simple knee extension, but in every angle (which causes a crap load of wear and tear).
    I had an unstoppable spine until about 4 years ago. I pick up a piece of 8 inch c900 water line with an arched back. I flung it up to my chest and my spine shifted forward instantly I piled up on the ground and crawled to a truck.
    First chiropractor was a cocksucker. He said "i cant overpower your back, you are in your twenties and I am fifty"
    He sent me home with a work excuse and ice pack instruction. Three days later I found a real chiropractor that put me upside down on a hydraulic table and put me in. My slipped disc hasn't gon back out since I came back to lifting and juice. I feel it constantly but its much better.

The last two times it has gone out I fixed it my self by winching myself up from a tree limb by my legs. I hang there a little ofver 10 min letting my spine decompress and basically do a situp. It goes in grinding and slow and hurts about as bad as pain gets for a few seconds.

All this has given me the idea that I need high reps on deadlift rather than max weight. My lifts still go up but until I get more plates I am stuck at 350 lbs at high reps.

I had an unstoppable spine until about 4 years ago. I pick up a piece of 8 inch c900 water line with an arched back. I flung it up to my chest and my spine shifted forward instantly I piled up on the ground and crawled to a truck.
    First chiropractor was a cocksucker. He said "i cant overpower your back, you are in your twenties and I am fifty"
    He sent me home with a work excuse and ice pack instruction. Three days later I found a real chiropractor that put me upside down on a hydraulic table and put me in. My slipped disc hasn't gon back out since I came back to lifting and juice. I feel it constantly but its much better.

The last two times it has gone out I fixed it my self by winching myself up from a tree limb by my legs. I hang there a little ofver 10 min letting my spine decompress and basically do a situp. It goes in grinding and slow and hurts about as bad as pain gets for a few seconds.

All this has given me the idea that I need high reps on deadlift rather than max weight. My lifts still go up but until I get more plates I am stuck at 350 lbs at high reps.
    Not a bad idea, you could do paused deadlifts too, pause at knee level, and many other variations just find ways to work the muscle you want stronger like your spinal erectors. My shoulders feel great after 2 years of doing internal and external rotations in the warm-up... I wish I had somewhere to hang upside down and do abs too, for now I'm just using a foam roller to do some pops in the upper back and then stretching and hanging from the chinup bar and twisting the torso for more pops feels awesome.
    Obs likes this.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member

IM B12 never affected my appetite but it's me.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Tonight's workout;

Lying leg curls 90*20,10,8
    Single leg calf raise 30, 30, 30
    Seated calf raise 40*30,30,40 long rest before last set, went daydreaming

Quite some anxiety pre workout, gym was packed, forgot magnesium at home, went to get it, gym was silent when I came back. Beating my old self from last cycle pretty damn well even before the anadrol, it seems some muscle memory pushed me a small step ahead, then the anadrol does great work on top... Let's see if I can squat 180kg (396lbs) for reps and deadlift 250kg (550lbs) for 4
    That's impressive as hell man especially a your weight with no straps, what are your totals?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    That's impressive as hell man especially a your weight with no straps, what are your totals?
    Thanks! No idea as I haven't tried for 1RM but the recent bests are 253 for 8 reps bench, 374 for 4 squats. Around 180lbs bodyweight.

Obs
    Basically in this pic is what you want. You want chest out as far as possible with almost your traps only touching bench. Less distance to press. You can relax it a bit for reps, but the idea is to try and turn it into a decline as much as possible while keeping butt cheeks touching.

Watch the beginning of this vid, or the whole thing.

https://youtu.be/4QcESCtiz1M

Couch, you changed my fucking life.
    I have literally never in my life benched properly.

I have complained on here before that I couldn't get my pecks and delts to activate simultaneously, it was always one or the other...

I just tested it out tonight. I did my warm up practicing this form and concentrating. I felt unsure and my lower back felt akward and wrong but I held true. I added 20lbs to all of my working sets and pumped out two extra reps per set! I have no idea what that means in terms of my new max but its phenominal!

The activation to my chest was undeniable. My shoulders are so damn big because I always leaned towards my delts in bench. This literally put the best burn on my chest I have had probably ever!

I owe you a soft handjob if we ever meet and I don't mean that in a queer way, its stricktly biness.

What other shit do you know that I dont?
    guitarzan likes this.

Obs
    Tonight

Flat bench x3 of the best sets of my life
    BOR barbell x3
    Close grip decline x3
    BOR DBx3
    Flys flat x1
    Flys declinex2
    T bar cable row x3 reps: 20/15/10

Cried out in pain tonight after my last set.

Great workout.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Obs
    Attachment 170765
    Attachment 170766

Had to do a little tease. Fat is going down like my ex on a guy with a disability check.
    My shape is better everywhere still have a long way to go.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    After watching that video, I realize my bench is all jacked up. I'm one of them wide grip, elbows back kind of guys. No wonder my f'ing shoulders are always hurting....lol
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    After watching that video, I realize my bench is all jacked up. I'm one of them wide grip, elbows back kind of guys. No wonder my f'ing shoulders are always hurting....lol
    That is exactly what I did. I kept everything square elbows even with bar and 90° at bottom. It literally throws it all on your front delts. I always thought the guys with an arch were jagoffs until I tried it.

I thought I had a mental block that was holding my bench the same which is pitiful for my weight. I have had my eyes opened. Keeping your elbows to your sides makes all the damn difference by shifting some of the burden to your chest that otherwise wouldn't be.

I wish to hell I had learned this at the beginning of the comp or maybe 15 years ago.

Obs
    Oh hey, would you pick the dingleberry, ignore it, or make her go take a shower?
    guitarzan and MuscleScience like this.

Tonight's workout;

Db incline 40*20,9,6
    Db incline 15° 40*8
    Db flat 40*8,5
    JM press 67,5*12,12,8
    Dips 25,25,15

Attachment 170771

Just a little more striations on the chest compared to last time. Shoulders look a tad better too. Wonder how it will look with full upper body pump.
    Obs likes this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171021_001455.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	454.0 KB 
ID:	170772

Should work now
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

Oh hey, would you pick the dingleberry, ignore it, or make her go take a shower?
    Damn, thats a tough one

Looking good rns
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Tonight's workout;

Db incline 40*20,9,6
    Db incline 15° 40*8
    Db flat 40*8,5
    JM press 67,5*12,12,8
    Dips 25,25,15

Attachment 170771

Just a little more striations on the chest compared to last time. Shoulders look a tad better too. Wonder how it will look with full upper body pump.
    Don't count, ass came off bench. Try again

Obs likes this.

Obs
    Took night off. Was supposed to be deads but had taxes to do. Felt like I needed a rest. When I grow I feel it particularly in my arms when I wake up and I have felt that all day.
    Now that I just activated my chest and front delts properly for the first time last night I feel an all around hardness like never before. I have a super tough weekend lined out with my lawyer and work. Considering skipping tomorrow too. Will see how I feel.

Acne is gone from my back and it all crawled to my chest freakin weird.

Don't count, ass came off bench. Try again

Someone's jealous, guess who :P
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Looking good rns
    Thanks!

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Everyone seems to be entering the fatigue stage.

No just messing with you man. Honestly nice work with the lift and with your dramatic change in body comp.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

No just messing with you man. Honestly nice work with the lift and with your dramatic change in body comp.
    Thanks couch
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Everyone seems to be entering the fatigue stage.
    Why's that? I feel like I always do. Hitting PRs every workout too.

Obs
    Took night off. Was supposed to be deads but had taxes to do. Felt like I needed a rest. When I grow I feel it particularly in my arms when I wake up and I have felt that all day.
    Now that I just activated my chest and front delts properly for the first time last night I feel an all around hardness like never before. I have a super tough weekend lined out with my lawyer and work. Considering skipping tomorrow too. Will see how I feel.

Acne is gone from my back and it all crawled to my chest freakin weird.
    Thanks couch
    Taking tonight off. Kicked some ass today at work.

Couch, Rns... Get a room.
    That was the most disgusting display of public affection I have ever seen!

Quote Originally Posted by obspowerstroke View Post
    taking tonight off.
    lol!

Tonight's workout;

Machine pulldown 60*20,16,16
    Seated cable row vgrip 75*12,12,12
    WG pulldown BTN 65*12, 55*12,12
    Db row 40*16,12
    Db curl 17,5*8

Tremendously good mind-muscle connection on the first two exercises. The others felt like a waste of time honestly too much fatigue too. Will spare them next time so forearms and biceps don't get so spent so I can train biceps. Had some delicious cured salmon post workout.
    MuscleScience likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    - GAL -->
    Obs likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Recent event in life has made me so pissed off that ancient Macedonian warrior genes are dictating most of the talking in my head and my blood is boiling. Though this doesn't change anything for me competition wise, may have a big impact in my future though. Just had to get this off my chest.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Recent event in life has made me so pissed off that ancient Macedonian warrior genes are dictating most of the talking in my head and my blood is boiling. Though this doesn't change anything for me competition wise, may have a big impact in my future though. Just had to get this off my chest.
    Hope youre alright mate

Obs
    It involves the government or a woman? Nothing else truly pisses a man off. Good luck from me as well.

Obs
    At worlds of fun today. Haaaaate theme parks and the like. Kids love it. Hopefully I get home soon enough to do squats and deads together.

I am with you rns, lets just go beat the shot outta some non hacking mofos!

At worlds of fun today. Haaaaate theme parks and the like. Kids love it. Hopefully I get home soon enough to do squats and deads together.

I am with you rns, lets just go beat the shot outta some non hacking mofos!
    Interesting, spent the day at cedar point yesterday for "halloweekends" took about 3 hours to get out of the parking lot, got in car at 12:15, didn't get home till 4:45 am.

Where Were you at obs?
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Interesting, spent the day at cedar point yesterday for "halloweekends" took about 3 hours to get out of the parking lot, got in car at 12:15, didn't get home till 4:45 am.

Where Were you at obs?
    Man I want the hell out of here. I don't do rides so I sit and take pictures of them and walk around with them.
    Bored and irritated out of my skull.

Thread Information