Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By redz

Thread: Inside I'm Dancing

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)

Angry Inside I'm Dancing

"Inside I'm Dancing" is a heart-warming movie about two disabled friends getting through life.

Well the theme of this thread is, similarly, 'Inside I'm Screaming'.

Right now I'm on Day 42 of a 45-day holiday in the Canary Islands. As Sunday approaches, I'm screaming inside.

Why?

Well, I won't be able to lounge around the pool all day anymore. More importantly, I'll be arriving home to a full lockdown in N. Ireland.

I've managed to go 42 days without drinking or smoking, however today I bought a carton of the weakest cigarettes in the world just in case I fucking lose it when I get home. (I haven't opened the carton yet).

I will be arriving home to my brand new Desert Eagle airsoft gun (with a full metal body) delivered by FedEx, but the airsoft places won't be open til Feb or March. So I can just walk naked around my house with it pointing the laser at stuff and making bang noises.

I have a dart board in my hallway which is minimally entertaining. I destroyed my car 2 days before I left Ireland so I will also have to run 1h 30mins each day to get in and out of town (45min run each way). Also I need to buy a smart TV to binge-watch Netflix because I can't do fuck all else.

Don't even wanna get into retrieving my bloodparrot fish from my friend's house.

Also it will be near-freezing temperature when I get home.

I could write way more stuff.

Inside I'm screaming.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    If you don't want to smoke, the worst thing you could do is buy smokes.
    Chark and Cylon357 like this.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I drive around with a pack of smokes and never touch it. I found it was better to conquer temptation than avoid it.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    I drive around with a pack of smokes and never touch it. I found it was better to conquer temptation than avoid it.
    I find your last sentence there very interesting, especially in the context of people attending temple or attending church in the mindset that they should avoid temptation. Not many people would say that you should seek out temptation and sit with it until it is no longer tempting (I've never heard a pastor or a guru say that).

But another person might look at your situation and say that you needed the packet of cigarettes in your car all the time in order to feel soothed (and that you would not be soothed if you did not know that they were always there if you needed them).

I got back to Ireland yesterday, and I was back in work this morning.

Full lockdown for at least 4 more weeks, the coffee shops aren't even open for takeaway.

I mentioned that I bought a carton of 200 cigarettes when I was away on holidays, but I haven't opened the carton yet.

So for the next 4 weeks: No alcohol, no smoking, run 4 or 5 times a week, do pressups and chinups.

Today I ran for 1hr 45mins and then came home to put on my weighted vest for chinups:

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I got back to Ireland yesterday, and I was back in work this morning.

Full lockdown for at least 4 more weeks, the coffee shops aren't even open for takeaway.

I mentioned that I bought a carton of 200 cigarettes when I was away on holidays, but I haven't opened the carton yet.

So for the next 4 weeks: No alcohol, no smoking, run 4 or 5 times a week, do pressups and chinups.

Today I ran for 1hr 45mins and then came home to put on my weighted vest for chinups:

When I'm away from home for long periods of time, I miss home-cooked meals and sleeping in my own bed. As good as restaurants can be, they never quite exactly hit the spot.

I haven't opened the carton of cigarettes yet, but lockdown is starting to get to me a little bit. Listening to the Covid bullshit on the radio makes it worse.

I hoped not to start drinking alcohol or smoking again, but realistically I might open that carton of cigarettes in the next few days. In fairness though, they're the weakest cigarettes you can get, Silk Cut White with 0.01mg of tar per cigarette. (Yes that's right, 0.01mg of tar. The next product up is Silk Cut Silver with 0.1mg tar).

Thread Information