Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 3 Post By bethdoth

Thread: Freedom of speech

Freedom of speech

First amendment:
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Please note that the first amendment protects we the people from the federal government abridging our freedom of speech.

The federal government cannot prohibit Twitter from letting you voice your opinion.
    Twitter can prohibit you from voicing your opinion.

Twitter and the like are trying to prevent people from inciting an insurrection.
    They have every right to kick you off their site.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Problem is the silencing is not applied equally. Iran’s Foreign Ministry still has an active Twitter account where he chants death to the US. Chinese officials still have active accounts, BLM, Antifa etc etc .... just like Fakebook they are biased and only silencing those they don't agree with from their liberal perch. Look at how they buried the Hunter Biden story before the election. Was that election interference? https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...et-after-new-/ Was this information still available in the news and not just social media, oh sure it was. But the mainstream media is just an arm of the Democrat party. If you watched any news this is what the coordinated talking point from the DNC was https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...disinfo-430276 Not looking to argue the first amendment and your point, except who passed the C230 law that is allowing the libs to silence just select groups? Answer Congress

Not gonna argue that the News Media is biased.
    That is not what the thread is about.
    Also, Fox news is the #1 watched News Channel in America. It amazes me that the right keeps talking about MSM. Fox News is the #1 player in MSM.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...iewership-usa/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MSM.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	180540
    So yes... CNN got more people to vote Biden... but Fox got more people to vote Trump... It works both ways and Fox has the largest audience.

I respect your views and agree that media is biased.
    No argument here. I flip from CNN to Fox and even to OAN (a little) all day long at work.
    It is disgustingly obvious. (And come primetime it is comical.)
    bethdoth likes this.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Not gonna argue that the News Media is biased.
    That is not what the thread is about.
    Also, Fox news is the #1 watched News Channel in America. It amazes me that the right keeps talking about MSM. Fox News is the #1 player in MSM.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...iewership-usa/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MSM.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	180540
    So yes... CNN got more people to vote Biden... but Fox got more people to vote Trump... It works both ways and Fox has the largest audience.

I respect your views and agree that media is biased.
    No argument here. I flip from CNN to Fox and even to OAN (a little) all day long at work.
    It is disgustingly obvious. (And come primetime it is comical.)
    Actually Fox has slowly been moving left because the sons and their spouses that now run it. A lot of conservatives are moving to Newsmax and OAN. Every time I turn fox on (which isn't much any more) I shut it off because they have someone spewing dumb shit. I am really trying to unplug from the news for awhile ... my BP can't take it. I went to my Congressman's Fakebook page (Mike Gallahager R) and watched a video response to the violence at the capital. All I could post was "You just lost my vote"
    Edit: Yes but fox is the only right leaning news mainly because of commentary like Hannity and Tucker. There is CBS,NBC,ABC, CNN, MSMBC so what is the total viewership of all those networks? Also in a lot of the rural areas of the country a lot of folks only have antenna's and only get CBS ABC NBC like my mother in law. She is a hard core Catholic and has been taking care of the local church for over 40 years, but still voted Biden. When asked how she good be a good Catholic and vote for someone that support abortion she say " because everyone hates Trump and I didn't really realize he was for abortion" 87 years old.
    Last edited by bethdoth; 01-12-2021 at 10:46 AM.
    Hughinn, Cuz and Capebuffalo like this.

Hughinn is offline Banned
    First amendment:
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Please note that the first amendment protects we the people from the federal government abridging our freedom of speech.

The federal government cannot prohibit Twitter from letting you voice your opinion.

Twitter and the like are trying to prevent people from inciting an insurrection.

What right did they have to censor the new york posts story about the hunter biden shady business deals just before an election?

What right did they have to censor the thousands of private citizens that listed information on the subject?

If you're fine with them selectively censoring opinions they don't agree with but only on their server, then why are they trying to silence parler?

It's obvious the democrat party and their allies do not support freedom of speech.

You can say what you want, as long as you say what they want to hear? Is that free speech now?
    Last edited by Hughinn; 01-12-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    What right did they Who is they? have to censor the new york posts story about the hunter biden shady business deals just before an election?

What right did they Who is they? have to censor the thousands of private citizens that listed information on the subject?

If you're fine with them Who is them? selectively censoring opinions they Who is they? don't agree with but only on their server, then why are they Who is they? trying to silence parler?

It's obvious the democrat party and their allies do not support freedom of speech.

You can say what you want, as long as you say what they want to hear? Is that free speech now?
    see above in red

see above in red
    Twitter

Twitter blocked that story and locked the posts account.

Google set specific algorithms in search engines.

Facebook did like twitter.

They don't even deny it.

You said they "were trying to censor people starting an insurrection".

But that's clearly not the case. They were censoring information damaging to their candidate and the democrat party. And did so in order to influence the election.

Nothing else. all the DNC propoganda networks blacked it out. They collectively silenced the new york post in order help the DNC in the election.

Let that sink in. The richest and most powerful people in america, censoring american free speech to help the democrat party. It happened.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 01-12-2021 at 11:42 AM.

from the first post:

First amendment:

Twitter doesn't have to let you post information.
    They don't even have to let you have an account.
    The first amendment protects you from the Government.
    It doesn't protect you from Facebook.

I can't go to a media site, say FOX news, and grab the microphone out of Tucker's soft palm and tell America that I despise Trump.
    Fox doesn't have to let me on their set.
    And even if they did they sure as hell would censor me.
    And if they did I wouldn't be justified in screaming "Freedom of Speech."

I personally believe Twitter and Facebook are trying to stop further violence. And I fully agree with them. Why should they enable people trying to incite violence?
    Others believe they are politically motivated by it.

The point of this thread is people need to realize that by screaming "Freedom of Speech" they are barking up the wrong tree.
    They clearly don't the Constitution.

Do I think Big Tech is powerful.
    It sure is.
    So is Big Oil.
    And the Lobby Organization.
    And the Evangelicals.
    And the many gun right groups.
    etc etc etc
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 01-12-2021 at 11:48 AM.

from the first post:

First amendment:

Twitter doesn't have to let you post information.
    They don't even have to let you have an account.
    The first amendment protects you from the Government.
    It doesn't protect you from Facebook.

I can't go to a media site, say FOX news, and grab the microphone out of Tucker's soft palm and tell America that I despise Trump.
    Fox doesn't have to let me on their set.
    And even if they did they sure as hell would censor me.

I personally believe Twitter and Facebook are trying to stop further violence.
    Others believe they are politically motivated by it.

The point of this thread is people need to realize that by screaming "Freedom of Speech" they are barking up the wrong tree.
    They clearly don't the Constitution.

Do I think Big Tech is powerful.
    It sure is.
    So is Big Oil.
    And the Lobby Organization.
    And the Evangelicals.
    And the many gun right groups.
    etc etc etc

You're saying that it's all good to have the richest and most powerful people in america, censoring free speech of average american citizens, because that's their right?

And the fact that they did so is okay with you because it helped the democrat party?

How does "bridge the divide"?

That's why the big guy posting earlier is right. We're not going to ever bridge it. The inevitable split and civil conflict is unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    You're saying that it's all good to have the richest and most powerful people in america there are plenty of rich and powerful Republicans don't kid yourself , censoring free speech of average american citizens, because that's their right?

And the fact that they did so is okay with you because it helped the democrat party?

How does "bridge the divide"?

That's why the big guy posting earlier is right. We're not going to ever bridge it. The inevitable split and civil conflict is unavoidable.
    You are nothing but persistent.

They are not censoring free speech in the name of the law.
    They are controlling what is on their platform. It is their platform not yours.

Fox News and Breitbart and OAN and Newsmax and the New York Post and etc... gave plenty of coverage to what you want to see.

Just because you want to see something or you want to say something doesn't mean CNN has to enable you.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 01-12-2021 at 11:56 AM.

You are nothing but persistent.

They are not censoring free speech in the name of the law.
    They are controlling what is on their platform. It is their platform not yours.

Fox News and Breitbart and OAN and Newsmax and the New York Post and etc... gave plenty of coverage to what you want to see.

Just because you want to see something or you want to say something doesn't mean CNN has to enable you.
    And you ain't nothing if not a hard headed son of a bitch.

But you know what? I still love ya bro.

Thats right. I mean it. You're a good dude. And I think alot of you, even though I disagree with alot of your perspectives.
    I don't agree with your politics at all, and I think your philosophy is naive and foolish.

But, we're both grown men. And we can agree, to disagree on whatever issue.

Fact is, we're the shoe on the other foot, and big tech a as censoring liberals, you'd be squealing like a gut shot sow. And we all know it.

It's all good though man. And I mean that. I'm glad to sorta know you. I think in real life, we could drink together and have a good time. Politics aside.

I'm done talking politics for a little while. It's starting to piss me off.

Thanks for the exchange. I think we both learned a little.

See ya around bro. No hard feelings here. And I do love ya.

Thread Information