Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By RaginCajun
  • 1 Post By cousinmuscles

Thread: Any here have arthritis?

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Any here have arthritis?

That was a stupid question, I'm sure most of us involved in this lifestyle do to some degree lol. I have it in both my knees at the age of 28 and it is making my life hell. Running is out of the question, I cannot sit with my knees bent for any extended period of time, and when I train legs it's just awful.
    I asked my doctor how I could have it at my age and he said some people are just predisposed to it. And all my years of racing motocross probably was a big factor. I have given up on riding this year in hopes the pain would lessen but that hasn't been the case.
    I have been prescribed anti inflammatory medication and that hasn't helped. The pain is much worse on some days than others. I'm curious as to what you guys do to deal with it. Have doctors given you cortisone shots? Or do they give you medication to manage your pain? I'm going to meet with my doctor about it and see what he has to say but I want to see what options others are using. It's getting to the point where it's actually depressing me.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    I think my whole body has arthritis. It sucks!!! Nothing has helped me either. Every joint in my body creeks and pops, and I am only 35. My tendons seem to be tight and stay tight as hell. My legs feel like they have just finished a marathon all the time.

One thing that may help you is yoga. The stretching will help you out, plus, hotties in yoga pants!!!
    hollowedzeus and Gallowmere like this.

Hmm there's an idea I've never thought of lol maybe I will try some stretching as I know my legs are very tight.
    As far as joints go, mind aren't doing too well either... my shoulders try to come out almost every time I put my socks on. Sometimes I have my girlfriend do it for me when she's around because I don't want to deal with the pain lol

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am pretty stiff but apparently it's an advantage for injury prevention. Had what you're describing with my knees circa 2011-2014. Started due to training too much and a hard pop (dislocation I think) when someone tried a judo throw and my shin got stuck while my body moved rapidly, hurt like a mofo but they couldn't find anything on the x Ray. What helped was proper rest and slowly working my way up, just resting doesn't help. I figured I needed to do some kind of exercising to start the process of breaking down and building up and accommodation to keep my body building.

I found that cissus helped slightly.
    Last edited by cousinmuscles; 09-08-2017 at 04:59 PM.

I've tried rest and no luck there. I even quit motocross which was a huge strain on my knees. What is cissus?

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    I've tried rest and no luck there. I even quit motocross which was a huge strain on my knees. What is cissus?
    Cissus quandrangularis, a supplement

Rest didn't work for me either, but causing just enough stress to facilitate the rebuilding process made me well again
    yeahbuddy289 likes this.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have used curcumin extract with some success, about equivalent to Celebrex. If interested I can give you the things to look for when you buy it. Diet makes a big difference for me, believe it or not. Refined carbs and especially sugar make it notably worse.
    Your options interventionally are steroid injections, PRP and ultimately stem cell (which I would reserve til the very end to avoid total knee replacement, as that is what I did with good results)

Also, heat is good for arthritis. When my knee is bothering me I used a heated gel pack at night before bed and next day it feels much better.

You can do a trial of glucosamine and chondroitin also.

Kenny357 is offline Junior Member
    I know I have it in my hands, wrists and shoulders. Any type of weather change reminds me that I'm getting old. I take vitamin D, fish oil and the best help is from deca . I've added a low dose deca to my trt protocol and while I still have some pain, it's much more manageable.

Thread Information