Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: A good day to die.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

A good day to die.

I don't see myself living to be old at all. I figure I will probably have a heart attack or stroke before 60.
    I don't like that I will leave my family early, on the the same note though I don't want them to remember me weak or burden them.

A stroke can leave a guy a vegetable etc. and that makes him a burden so I intend to purchase term life insurance for the remainder of my life expectancy hat includes dependant care expense as well as all bills being paid with a balloon payment upon my death. I am not gonna be stingy either.

I was telling the girlfriend the other day that I wasn't going to be here when she is old and we need to start preparing for that. Her grandfather died at 65 a few years ago (she is younger than me) and he left her grandmother in a shitty way. I intend to do no such thing. I want her and my kids to be well taken care of. I will even have prepaid legal to battle it out with the insurance company upon my death.

When you look at your lifestyle and past present future,
    Do you think you will live to be old?
    Do you think you will be ready?
    Do you think you will have any regrets?

I have a feeling I will be leaving as pissed off as when I came in but definitely ready. I will regret all sorts of shit but not one of them will be my lifestyle. Hope my heart holds out till 50 so I can make sure my sons are indeed men and daughters are ladies.

Last edited by Obs; 11-13-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    why not make some changes now and live till you are 80?

you push yourself way to hard. the BP readings you have scare the shit out of me, and I cant stand you.

Please purchase the proper care, but more then that, please slow down man, you are young with a family, money does not replace a father, give your kids the best, and that is always being there.
    hollowedzeus and Obs like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    why not make some changes now and live till you are 80?

you push yourself way to hard. the BP readings you have scare the shit out of me, and I cant stand you.

Please purchase the proper care, but more then that, please slow down man, you are young with a family, money does not replace a father, give your kids the best, and that is always being there.
    I cant stand you either but that was sweet of you lol! I dont want to be 80.
    I will be walking around babbling to trees. All my family goes nuts at old age. Literally all of them on both sides.

It seems to me, the best way to die is to kick over dead on the shitter once you ducks are in a row and not to drag it out over twenty long years of decrepid non work.
    Honestly though how old do you see yourself getting?

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    I can see myself reaching late 60s, early 70s at a push.

My family seems to have heart problems at middle age so im not holding out much hope for my heart holding up that long. But then again they didnt train or take steroids so perhaps ill make it to 90.
    Obs likes this.

when i was younger and much more dumb, like you at this point, I felt the same way. Almost exactly man, hence why I always said you are nuts like I was which is why i tried to help in the past but you took it as disrespect.

I am married with 5 year old, I want to live forever. I have dropped almost 30 lbs in a quest to be healthy. I no longer want to be huge, I want to shrink down to a modest 215-220.

I want as much time with my family as I can.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can't envisage myself going past 60 if I will then I'd expect to suffer through any sort of chronic disease like I'm witnessing with my grandparents, plainly not worth it, especially if I'm going to be alone, and likely poor.

Not to mention the mental aspect of dealing with the burden I already have to carry - not sure if I can hold that long.
    Last edited by hammerheart; 11-13-2017 at 12:18 PM.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    when i was younger and much more dumb, like you at this point, I felt the same way. Almost exactly man, hence why I always said you are nuts like I was which is why i tried to help in the past but you took it as disrespect.

I am married with 5 year old, I want to live forever. I have dropped almost 30 lbs in a quest to be healthy. I no longer want to be huge, I want to shrink down to a modest 215-220.

My youngest is six.
    I ain't half as crazy as my brother. He will be dead soon. He was handed a death sentence from a motorcycle wreck though so he got to walk his girls through it at a young age.

I will set myself up to achieve a max potential. Till then its just trying to balance out to get to that point. If I get ten good years yelling at employees from my truck then thats a bonus.

So you see yourself living until???

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"

I remember those days and also remember some ppl couldnt stand you...
    When did that happen fvck last i remember u divorced the bi-polar chick.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    I can't envisage myself going past 60 if I will then I'd expect to suffer through any sort of chronic disease like I'm witnessing with my grandparents, plainly not worth it, especially if I'm going to be alone, and likely poor.

Not to mention the mental aspect of dealing with the burden I already have to carry - not sure if I can hold that long.
    I have held my grandfathers and Aunts hands as they drew their last breath in agony from cancer.
    When people say "they were a fighter" it means they suffered a lot usually for months while everyone they loved had to sit by for months and be pulled down by it.

I refuse to die like that. When I die it will be in a portable shitter on a jobsite etc if at all possible. Damn sure not in a bed with everyone around me crying. I wont fight serious cancer thats when the gun comes out. I have seen too much of the hurt caused by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    I don't see myself living to be old at all. I figure I will probably have a heart attack or stroke before 60.
    I don't like that I will leave my family early, on the the same note though I don't want them to remember me weak or burden them.

A stroke can leave a guy a vegetable etc. and that makes him a burden so I intend to purchase term life insurance for the remainder of my life expectancy hat includes dependant care expense as well as all bills being paid with a balloon payment upon my death. I am not gonna be stingy either.

I was telling the girlfriend the other day that I wasn't going to be here when she is old and we need to start preparing for that. Her grandfather died at 65 a few years ago (she is younger than me) and he left her grandmother in a shitty way. I intend to do no such thing. I want her and my kids to be well taken care of. I will even have prepaid legal to battle it out with the insurance company upon my death.

I have a feeling I will be leaving as pissed off as when I came in but definitely ready. I will regret all sorts of shit but not one of them will be my lifestyle. Hope my heart holds out till 50 so I can make sure my sons are indeed men and daughters are ladies.

I can say lot of things, but I wont the reason is first it will be misread and start a whole new conversation second you are too young to understand. All I got to say is this, u dont have to live like a pvssy to live longer you can still achieve things you want without hurting or killing yourself. You have kid(s) you are the reason they are in this world, shouldnt you be selfless and make sure they grow up properly? Money cure a lot of things but believe me it doesnt replace parents. Even if you think u got it figured out , all that money that you potentially leave , if fallen to wrong hand (wrong beneficiary ) and ur kids are screwed. I think u r little selfish thinking about yourself first instead of your kids. Thats my 2 cents you can have for free.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    I can say lot of things, but I wont the reason is first it will be misread and start a whole new conversation second you are too young to understand. All I got to say is this, u dont have to live like a pvssy to live longer you can still achieve things you want without hurting or killing yourself. You have kid(s) you are the reason they are in this world, shouldnt you be selfless and make sure they grow up properly? Money cure a lot of things but believe me it doesnt replace parents. Even if you think u got it figured out , all that money that you potentially leave , if fallen to wrong hand (wrong beneficiary ) and ur kids are screwed. I think u r little selfish thinking about yourself first instead of your kids. Thats my 2 cents you can have for free.
    How old are you cal I thought you were mid thirties?
    Selfish to me is prolonging life until you are a burden.
    Also my kids will be grown when I am 50. I am not interested in helping a 25 year old livecin his or her mommys basement. I wont raise non-hackers.
    Last edited by Obs; 11-13-2017 at 12:37 PM.

I have held my grandfathers and Aunts hands as they drew their last breath in agony from cancer.
    When people say "they were a fighter" it means they suffered a lot usually for months while everyone they loved had to sit by for months and be pulled down by it.

I refuse to die like that. When I die it will be in a portable shitter on a jobsite etc if at all possible. Damn sure not in a bed with everyone around me crying. I wont fight serious cancer thats when the gun comes out. I have seen too much of the hurt caused by it.
    My grandfather died from prostate cancer. Mainstay treatment is androgen deprivation... I definitely don't want to end that way.

I remember those days and also remember some ppl couldnt stand you...
    When did that happen fvck last i remember u divorced the bi-polar chick.
    you grow up buddy. I have always been an asshole, i am just much more mellow now a days. I used to try to fight everyone, man that stuff is exhausting and it gets old being the jerkoff.

We have been on here a long time, bi polar has been gone. I am the luckiest guy in the world with my wife. I want to live till im 100 man.

Cal, Obs is like a young me, ready to fight the world. good kid under it all i think.

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries

I don't think I'll live to be old, way too much stress starting at an early age

I don't think anyone is 'ready', when it happens it happens

I think I would regret not trying to have a better mindset at a younger age, took me a while to figure it out as they say
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sh0tsf1red View Post
    I think I would regret not trying to have a better mindset at a younger age, took me a while to figure it out as they say
    I believe best mindset is realize our life can be taken away at any moment, be either disease, car accident, or whatever. We often forget how frail our existence on earth is and are in constant need of a push to make the most out of our daily living, right now, in the present... that's what is in our control.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    you grow up buddy. I have always been an asshole, i am just much more mellow now a days. I used to try to fight everyone, man that stuff is exhausting and it gets old being the jerkoff.

We have been on here a long time, bi polar has been gone. I am the luckiest guy in the world with my wife. I want to live till im 100 man.

Cal, Obs is like a young me, ready to fight the world. good kid under it all i think.
    I got one life. I won't settle for mediocre. The fact that I made that decision is why I am still here. I could have easily wallowed in my sorrow and done what I intended a year and a half ago in my old house after my wife left.
    Stepped away from that a different person, probably crazy but I moved on and used my emotions to better my life and the others in my life.

I had a good look at a lot of things I did totally wrong and very quickly I overcame some very serious things stacked against me. I quit my job which was one of the best jobs I could have ever had and went balls out on my small business and by all means have succeeded. My ex wife is just a memory and a bad one at that. Y lady now loves me to pieces and I wonder why I couldn't have met someone like her long ago before I threw away my twenties.

I am not on a suicide mission but living light is not in me anymore. I would rather risk all and achieve what I can and will. Not saying I am looking for the earliest death possible but I know my goals don't encourage longevity.
    Many on here haven't even considered what their path is leading them towards. I have looked at death quite a bit, not nearly as uncomfortable with an early demise as I once was.

I mean no smartass by this. I have really gotten to know this crazy guy in my head though. He is pretty ok sometimes.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    I believe best mindset is realize our life can be taken away at any moment, be either disease, car accident, or whatever. We often forget how frail our existence on earth is and are in constant need of a push to make the most out of our daily living, right now, in the present... that's what is in our control.
    Exactly my thoughts!
    We can all skip that night out for our health etc. but whats the point of being alive?

How old are you cal I thought you were mid thirties?
    Selfish to me is prolonging life until you are a burden.
    Also my kids will be grown when I am 50. I am not interested in helping a 25 year old livecin his or her mommys basement. I wont raise non-hackers.
    see thats your problem.....Your kid doesnt have to be living in the basement....I would give my kidney to just talk to my dad to take his take on things thats it, never ask for help anyone ever in my life and hope to keep it that way. My dad use to say what goes around comes around in respect of kids treating their parents. I took off work for a month and went to be with him in last days and I would do it again in a heart beat. He wasnt burden he was my dad that worked hard all his life been very strict with me so I achieve things in life.
    Kids always needs their parents . you will get them when u r little older (i got it when i got my first bundle of joy) I am in my early 40s.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh0tsf1red View Post
    I don't think I'll live to be old, way too much stress starting at an early age

I don't think anyone is 'ready', when it happens it happens

I could stress less, stop aas, work in moderation as an employee, back down more often, take more shit, and ultimately be better off for it.

I would call that a half life. So... Question is what the difference between dying at 50 having lived like your own man vs. dying at 100 living safely at all times and never gambling it all?

Dying at 50 would be my choice. I have too much fun and way too many dreams.

and he argue like you to fvck. I am getting too old for this shit took care of it when you were doing it. Sh!t how long we have known each other now? since 2007?

long time my brotha, long time

Obs
    see thats your problem.....Your kid doesnt have to be living in the basement....I would give my kidney to just talk to my dad to take his take on things thats it, never ask for help anyone ever in my life and hope to keep it that way. My dad use to say what goes around comes around in respect of kids treating their parents. I took off work for a month and went to be with him in last days and I would do it again in a heart beat. He wasnt burden he was my dad that worked hard all his life been very strict with me so I achieve things in life.
    Kids always needs their parents . you will get them when u r little older (i got it when i got my first bundle of joy) I am in my early 40s.
    Dont generalize buddy. I was who you just described. I changed all that at a kitchen table one night. 5 kids here, they are not a new thing to me. I think we just have much different ideas on life in general. I do appreciate your moral code though.

Dont generalize buddy. I was who you just described. I changed all that at a kitchen table one night. 5 kids here, they are not a new thing to me. I think we just have much different ideas on life in general. I do appreciate your moral code though.
    and thats my Que to leave you alone.

Obs
    and thats my Que to leave you alone.
    Thanks.
    I like to argue?
    I ask three questions after I gave my take in the original post and rather than give your thoughts on the three questions directly the first thing you and moose did was argue with my approach...?

Anyway, good day. Live it like you mean it because it may be your last.

Thanks.
    I like to argue?
    I ask three questions after I gave my take in the original post and rather than give your thoughts on the three questions directly the first thing you and moose did was argue with my approach...?

Anyway, good day. Live it like you mean it because it may be your last.
    When you post sh!t here do you have dildo up your arse? just wondering?

or you wake up every morning thinking how I am going to push my personal belifs on other people and fight them to death to prove I am right? like seriously?

Obs
    When you post sh!t here do you have dildo up your arse? just wondering?
    Of course why?

Obs
    or you wake up every morning thinking how I am going to push my personal belifs on other people and fight them to death to prove I am right? like seriously?
    DId I push a belief on you somewhere here or were you trying to push your beliefs on me? You seem angry...

Don't get confused you guys argued with my opinion not the other way around. You don't have to think like I do for us to get along. Im not changing you and you aren't changing me. This was supposed to be an interesting subject with broad opinions I have no issue with you or mooses opinion.
    Last edited by Obs; 11-13-2017 at 01:26 PM.

DId I push a belief on you somewhere here or were you trying to push your beliefs on me? You seem angry...
    wasnt trying push my beliefs on you, was trying to show you other side of the picture but bad idea my bad. U have too much time on your hand. I dont, so enjoy!!

Obs
    wasnt trying push my beliefs on you, was trying to show you other side of the picture but bad idea my bad. U have too much time on your hand. I dont, so enjoy!!
    I do at the moment. Waiting on emails from lawyer over non payment from patrons. Good way to kill a monday.
    I saw and see your side and respect it.

Obs
    I mean no disrepect to you or mooseman or anyone who doesn't feel like I do. It is your life guys, I would expect you will live how you see fit and I know you will be happier and better people for doing so. There is no one size fits all. Hell, both of you are probably happier than me on a day to day.

God bless you. I hope you guys are around till you are 100.
    Both of you have a great moral code I appreciate.
    Moose I blew up on you over a thread I shouldn't have at a time when I wasn't in the greatest mindframe but I know you are a good person.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I doubt it
    No
    No

Your a right cunt by the way
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I doubt it
    No
    No

Your a right cunt by the way
    You too marcus and I love you too.
    marcus300 and hollowedzeus like this.

You too marcus and I love you too.
    Thank you
    Obs and hollowedzeus like this.

Obs
    Thank you
    Weigh in on the three question. I would so enjoy your opinion.
    Whoops you did I see. I thought you were arguing with my post previously...

I turned my dildo down to the #4 setting so I can concentrate better.
    Last edited by Obs; 11-13-2017 at 02:42 PM.

I did answer them

Obs
    I did answer them
    Whoops you did I see. I thought you were arguing with my post previously...

I turned my dildo down to the #4 setting so I can concentrate better.
    Yes sorry, I edited.
    marcus300 likes this.

Richard Head is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Almost there-56
    Trying to get there about 50%
    Not any that I or could change now.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    I want Kel to weigh in on this too.

Wow Richard Head! Glad to have an olderish guy weigh in thank you.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't see me making it past 60, regardless of any changes that I may make. I base this speculation purely upon my genetic odds. Not a single male on either side of my family has broken 65.

Cancer and diabetes wracks the maternal side (though obviously, my no longer being a fatass fixes the latter), and heart failures plague the paternal. Pair that with the fact that I smoked for 20 years, including all of my teens, and it's not looking great.

I've always been ready. It comes with being a nihilist in denial.

I sincerely doubt that I'll have any regrets beyond those that I already possess.
    Obs likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information