Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922

    NY Catholic Church Pays $40M to Sex Abuse Victims

    Just over $40 million in compensation has been paid to 189 people who identified themselves as victims of clergy sex abuse, the Archdiocese of New York said in a report released Thursday.

    The archdiocese noted that the Independent Reconciliation and Compensation Program ended Nov. 30, but some additional claims are still being processed. Money for the payouts came through a long-term loan.


    Mediators Ken Feinberg and Camille Biros evaluated victim claims and determined compensation.

    Archdiocese spokesman Joseph Zwilling said he did not have a specific breakdown of how much each recipient received; some of the victims' claims date back decades. The payouts averaged $211,600.

    The eight-page report also summarized efforts by the church to combat sexual abuse.

    "The crime and sin of the sexual abuse of minors has surfaced in every segment of society — schools, families, Hollywood, sports teams, youth groups, government programs for youth, religion — really, any group or organization that brings adult and minors into contact," the report said


    Fortunately, for the Catholic Church, such horrors are now mostly confined to the past. That does not mean our work is over."

    The archdiocese said it has hired former law enforcement officers with experience in sexual abuse to conduct "spot-checks" of parishes and schools. To date, the archdiocese says it has conducted over 126,000 background checks of personnel, including of seminarians, deacons, priests and volunteers.

    Dioceses in Brooklyn and on Long Island also are participating in victim compensation programs.

    Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
    Last edited by marcus300; 12-24-2017 at 07:21 AM.

  2. #2
    Obs
    Obs is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,053
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Just over $40 million in compensation has been paid to 189 people who identified themselves as victims of clergy sex abuse, the Archdiocese of New York said in a report released Thursday.

    The archdiocese noted that the Independent Reconciliation and Compensation Program ended Nov. 30, but some additional claims are still being processed. Money for the payouts came through a long-term loan.


    Mediators Ken Feinberg and Camille Biros evaluated victim claims and determined compensation.

    Archdiocese spokesman Joseph Zwilling said he did not have a specific breakdown of how much each recipient received; some of the victims' claims date back decades. The payouts averaged $211,600.

    The eight-page report also summarized efforts by the church to combat sexual abuse.

    "The crime and sin of the sexual abuse of minors has surfaced in every segment of society — schools, families, Hollywood, sports teams, youth groups, government programs for youth, religion — really, any group or organization that brings adult and minors into contact," the report said


    Fortunately, for the Catholic Church, such horrors are now mostly confined to the past. That does not mean our work is over."

    The archdiocese said it has hired former law enforcement officers with experience in sexual abuse to conduct "spot-checks" of parishes and schools. To date, the archdiocese says it has conducted over 126,000 background checks of personnel, including of seminarians, deacons, priests and volunteers.

    Dioceses in Brooklyn and on Long Island also are participating in victim compensation programs.

    Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
    Should be burnt to the ground.

  3. #3
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Should be burnt to the ground.
    I agree Obs

  4. #4
    Obs
    Obs is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,053
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I agree Obs
    They can take the Vatican with it. All the sell outs and the Popey too!

  5. #5
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,532
    The Catholic church has been corrupt since the dawn of time.

  6. #6
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    22,800
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    The Catholic church has been corrupt since the dawn of time.
    Horrible, Bible even speaks about how bad the Catholic Church will be.

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  7. #7
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,566
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Horrible, Bible even speaks about how bad the Catholic Church will be.
    you got that there reformed Geneva bible BG ?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •