crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member

SmartRide ..increase premiums?

So yay auto insurance companies use a device called SmartRide. It tracks all of your driving habits and if they like your habits you can end up with a pretty nice discount. Well do they decide to charge more at your next renewal if they don't like your driving habits? I tried searching it but cannot find anything yet.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't know if they do or not but if they do I'm sure it's not even in the small print

Yeah it's definitely not in the small print and I know if they do it's unofficial. That's how they would make up for the discounts.

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’ve done this with my insurance company... they stated to me that it would only decrease my payment and would in no way increase it.

It’s ideal when you have two vehicles and just drive the one without the tracking device

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    I’ve done this with my insurance company... they stated to me that it would only decrease my payment and would in no way increase it.

It’s ideal when you have two vehicles and just drive the one without the tracking device
    I use the truck to get to work. That's the one I'd have the smart device in. My Chevy Nova is for hanging out and grocery shopping.

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Better way to lower premiums is just to shop around, vehicle gets cheaper, premium goes up. Does not make any sense. I have switched between the same two companies every three year, price gets cheaper every time.

Thread Information