Thread: Depressed

Devourer is offline Senior Member

Depressed

i have been seriously dating this girl since my junior year of highschool. we've been together for about 6 years. we've lived together for about a year and a half. I work for her families business even. anyways after attending the local community college for a couple years she has decided to go away to a real college. it's only about three hours away but i don't know how to deal with it. she leaves towards the end of august. she sits there and talks about how excited she is while im just sitting there wondering how she can be so happy to leave me behind. i really love this girl and she has been there for me for things i cant imagine anyone sticking around for. i have no desire to be with anyone else. but how am i going to feel once she is gone and i dont get to wake up to her lying next to me in the morning. i've been a wreck for the past week and don't know how to act anymore. im really depressed. thanks for listening to my sob story.

whackedmytoe is offline New Member

been there too

Best advice I can give-
    Do things for her, and to her, that will make it impossible for her to forget about you, think of another, or at least ruin her for any other guy. To find out what those are, talk to your lady friends and find out what pulls their trigger...some things to consider are space, honesty, and no hang-ups. Woman LOVE confidence and self-esteem; show it, even if inside you feel like a 2 inch boner. Best advice for you is to get involved in other things, sports, activities, and social rings that support you in a positive way...show her you are strong and live an interesting, exciting life...one that she will want to be part of!

Peace

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    Woman LOVE confidence and self-esteem
    I tell ya bro ... while its ok to sit here thinking about yourself while chatting with us you know when it comes to her going away you have to think whats best for her and put your needs aside. She will notice that your doing either one of those things and if your supporting her its going to get you a lot further along.

Things are going to work out the way they work out. You cant control the enviroment even though I know how much we'd like to. Just let life run its course and be the best guy you can be ... do the right things in life and the right things happen to you.

Support her .. trust her .. and be there for her. In the end its the woman that chooses the man not the other way around so if she loves you she'll choose you but dont smother her bro!!!!!!!!!!!! Let her experience life and you do the same ... you can grow together without being together.

nj juice is offline Member
    I know where you're coming from man, i was in your same exact spot this time last year. It sucks, i was miserable for a while. Honestly, once she leaves its never the same again. i mean i started talking to my ex again a few months after she left and we got close once again but then we started to fight and didn't talk once again. Now shes back for the summer and although i'm happy that we are once again talking to each other, its not the same and i'm actually quite depressed over it.

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    i really appreciate the positive comments. i've been trying to be optimistic in my approach to this whole situation it just doesn't seem to be working. i keep getting sidetracked by how sad it all is. i guess i can only wait to see how things end up. i'll try and make her see i'm always there for her.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    i agree with overdrive
    she may not show it but shes thinkin about u brotha more than u think

ichiban is offline Female Member
    Overdrive....you are the man! You are right on in my opinion.

However, there is one thing I would like to add. Do you know exactly how she feels about you? Maybe she feels just the same about missing you, but just talks about school. Just ask her. It is really very simple....just explain to her your feelings and ask her for hers. Just have a friendly little chat and I am sure things will look much brighter. I am sure she is going to miss you just the same. Just keep in mind that she is happy about school, I don't think that means she does not love you. Good luck and be happy

Thread Information