Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: Documentary Icarus - Doping

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member

Documentary Icarus - Doping

Interesting documentary and nice that they provided some info on at least some part of their cycles.

Some LOLs - the guy injected test prop with a short needle, seemingly half subq half IM, mostly subq, he stuck the needle completely sideways, high risk of injecting into the epidermis and not into fat. "I'm full of bruises" LOL guy needed proper info on injecting...

But something I'm baffled about. If you don't want spoilers don't read beyond this sentence. The director of the biggest doping analysis lab flees for his life because the fact that olympic athletes were doping and cheated the system was so shocking. "Why would I watch an event if I knew it was rigged?" says an olympic committee. Still baffles me that people can break records of doped athletes and be clean.

Also, detection times. Apparently China produced very high quality stuff up until 2008. Afterwards they shut down the labs or something and less pure stuff was available. The less pure raws contain metabolites that are detectable for much longer. So you need legit labs making your stuff if you want to pass tests! LOL! The .22 micron filters won't do much here. But that is not enough, you need good friends working at the highest levels of the doping control labs...

This stuff just proves that there's no need to make celebrities and idols of athletes and rely on their image and a set of values they must emit. You train for yourself and you make decisions for yourself and you reap the benefits of your hard work, be it how you look, how strong you are, if training taught you how hard you can actually work on something, if it gives you confidence et.c. At least there are untested powerlifting federations... where nobody is forced to lie. And bodybuilding LOL!

What do you guys think? Anyone else watched this?

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member

Documentary Icarus - Doping

I loved it. If not for the fact that I cancelled Netflix (fuck them for not getting new seasons of Archer and Sunny), I’d go back and watch it again. I’d actually put this documentary up there with all of Chris Bell’s stuff, on the “must watch for people who train” list.

I also found the shitty injection methods part funny, part pathetic, and all sad. My biggest problem with it, is that it further skews the public perception of gear toward the “zomg SO dangerous” side. Can it be? Sure. However, I can’t help but feel like that shit partly functions as unintentional advertising for shit like Androgel , when it comes to people who need TRT.

Also, I feel like “Russian Light Socket” should become a thing, when it comes to referring to underhanded shit.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I watched it and found it interesting. Thought it was a little long, but still informative.

Doping is the way of life for athletes at that level. If I could double or triple my income by pinning a little oil, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Wait, I already do it. LOL

When I got on TRT because my body made 50% Test level of a 100 year old man was I "cheating"? No, right? Because I'm just getting back to "normal". What if I wanted to compete in athletics at my age and with TRT? The TRT would be considered cheating because it would be a Performance Enhancing Drug even though it is prescribed and monitored by a medical professional.

I think we shouldn't try to define what is "normal" and what is not. We should educate the athletes and let them make up their own minds.
    clarky. likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Doping is the way of life for athletes at that level. If I could double or triple my income by pinning a little oil, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Wait, I already do it. LOL

When I got on TRT because my body made 50% Test level of a 100 year old man was I "cheating"? No, right? Because I'm just getting back to "normal". What if I wanted to compete in athletics at my age and with TRT? The TRT would be considered cheating because it would be a Performance Enhancing Drug even though it is prescribed and monitored by a medical professional.

I think we shouldn't try to define what is "normal" and what is not. We should educate the athletes and let them make up their own minds.
    Fucking spot on!.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I just think it’s funny that the average joe is blown away that athletes at the highest level use gear..little do they know 50 percent of the guys at the gym are on as well..I would think most professional athletes have or do use ped’s on a daily basis..

Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    I just think it’s funny that the average joe is blown away that athletes at the highest level use gear..little do they know 50 percent of the guys at the gym are on as well..I would think most professional athletes have or do use ped’s on a daily basis..
    There was a study done here it said 70% use or have used... and most don't even look like they lift!

Of course not all olympic athletes use AAS since it might not help or even hinder them...

In my country we have a very strict anti doping agency and all powerlifting and weightlifting gyms have to be approved... needless to say the gap between national records and european records is big. Despite this many report never having been tested but if you beat a record you will get tested 100%. Short esters + PCT + time off should help you beat a record and come clean

Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    I know a lot of law enforcement guys are on gear. I can see that. The criminals are bigger, stronger, meaner, and better armed. The cops need to be on their "A" game. More power to them.

Thread Information