Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hammerheart
  • 1 Post By hammerheart

Thread: Chinese efficiency

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member

Chinese efficiency

Seriously guise

has it occurred to anyone, that a parcel shipped to your loc, come with a wrong name printed on it?

With automation provided by computers and all?

This one was shipped from China. An order $200 in value and I wasn't at home to sign it, express courier so I shall get another deliver attempt, the guy doesn't bother to check who sign the parcel so I'm good anyway, but how on heart this has happened is beyond me.

Bad day, just venting
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Seriously guise

has it occurred to anyone, that a parcel shipped to your loc, come with a wrong name printed on it?

With automation provided by computers and all?

This one was shipped from China. An order $200 in value and I wasn't at home to sign it, express courier so I shall get another deliver attempt, the guy doesn't bother to check who sign the parcel so I'm good anyway, but how on heart this has happened is beyond me.

Bad day, just venting
    Sounds like a trap...

More like $200 lost, parcel has been handed out to a post office where I'd need to present with a valid ID, but ofc, names don't match, so...

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It will eventually get shipped back to the sender. Ask them to reship and confirm the name first.

Quote Originally Posted by cousinmuscles View Post
    It will eventually get shipped back to the sender. Ask them to reship and confirm the name first.
    I've just contacted src asking whether they provide parcels with a return address, but ofc it's holiday time in China so I have to wait until next week for an answer.

And oh, I'll be also moving out soon, so different address too.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    That's bad news Bizz, why not get one of those driving licence's done in the guys name. Do a search they come from France lol

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    That's bad news Bizz, why not get one of those driving licence's done in the guys name. Do a search they come from France lol
    That tickles the Italian in me... welcome back.

That tickles the Italian in me... welcome back.
    Its true mate, us Brits do it with WU payments You cant tell the difference very well made just send your photo and name and varooom

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Its true mate, us Brits do it with WU payments You cant tell the difference very well made just send your photo and name and varooom
    I'll look into that, thanks (also for future references lol).
    Last edited by hammerheart; 03-06-2018 at 08:57 PM.

So duh, I was finally able to recover the parcel by threatening the mail man to go in and retrieve it for me.

Show the label to src, they checked and sent me a copy of the parcel label as it left their warehouse, and it reports the correct name.

It seems, someone down the postage line just changed the name who knows why, it sounds very odd or deliberate to me.

Last words from src are "we have never met this kind of situation before". I've won the lottery
    hollowedzeus likes this.

So duh, I was finally able to recover the parcel by threatening the mail man to go in and retrieve it for me.

Show the label to src, they checked and sent me a copy of the parcel label as it left their warehouse, and it reports the correct name.

It seems, someone down the postage line just changed the name who knows why, it sounds very odd or deliberate to me.

Last words from src are "we have never met this kind of situation before". I've won the lottery
    hahaha what a strange postal service you have over there Bizz lol

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member

Some woman from customs once wanted to make it a pain in the ass for me. I ordered gold bullion, investment grade, it is tax exempt... She insisted so much in trying to tax me for it's value (VAT plus import tax plus more, tax equal to the golds value). She had some connection to higher ups too I had to fight the case for over a month and find a way to report the unit she worked in. Her last words were not an apology but that it is important to pay taxes for our own welfare (or her useless job). There are infinitely many assholes.

Thread Information