Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hammerheart
  • 1 Post By hammerheart

Thread: Chinese efficiency

  1. #1
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,528

    Chinese efficiency

    Seriously guise

    has it occurred to anyone, that a parcel shipped to your loc, come with a wrong name printed on it?

    With automation provided by computers and all?

    This one was shipped from China. An order $200 in value and I wasn't at home to sign it, express courier so I shall get another deliver attempt, the guy doesn't bother to check who sign the parcel so I'm good anyway, but how on heart this has happened is beyond me.


    Bad day, just venting
    hollowedzeus likes this.

  2. #2
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,193
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Seriously guise

    has it occurred to anyone, that a parcel shipped to your loc, come with a wrong name printed on it?

    With automation provided by computers and all?

    This one was shipped from China. An order $200 in value and I wasn't at home to sign it, express courier so I shall get another deliver attempt, the guy doesn't bother to check who sign the parcel so I'm good anyway, but how on heart this has happened is beyond me.


    Bad day, just venting
    Sounds like a trap...

  3. #3
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,528
    More like $200 lost, parcel has been handed out to a post office where I'd need to present with a valid ID, but ofc, names don't match, so...

  4. #4
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    It will eventually get shipped back to the sender. Ask them to reship and confirm the name first.

  5. #5
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinmuscles View Post
    It will eventually get shipped back to the sender. Ask them to reship and confirm the name first.
    I've just contacted src asking whether they provide parcels with a return address, but ofc it's holiday time in China so I have to wait until next week for an answer.

    And oh, I'll be also moving out soon, so different address too.

  6. #6
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    That's bad news Bizz, why not get one of those driving licence's done in the guys name. Do a search they come from France lol

  7. #7
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    That's bad news Bizz, why not get one of those driving licence's done in the guys name. Do a search they come from France lol
    That tickles the Italian in me... welcome back.

  8. #8
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    That tickles the Italian in me... welcome back.
    Its true mate, us Brits do it with WU payments You cant tell the difference very well made just send your photo and name and varooom

  9. #9
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Its true mate, us Brits do it with WU payments You cant tell the difference very well made just send your photo and name and varooom
    I'll look into that, thanks (also for future references lol).
    Last edited by hammerheart; 03-06-2018 at 08:57 PM.

  10. #10
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,528
    So duh, I was finally able to recover the parcel by threatening the mail man to go in and retrieve it for me.

    Show the label to src, they checked and sent me a copy of the parcel label as it left their warehouse, and it reports the correct name.

    It seems, someone down the postage line just changed the name who knows why, it sounds very odd or deliberate to me.

    Last words from src are "we have never met this kind of situation before". I've won the lottery
    hollowedzeus likes this.

  11. #11
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    So duh, I was finally able to recover the parcel by threatening the mail man to go in and retrieve it for me.

    Show the label to src, they checked and sent me a copy of the parcel label as it left their warehouse, and it reports the correct name.

    It seems, someone down the postage line just changed the name who knows why, it sounds very odd or deliberate to me.

    Last words from src are "we have never met this kind of situation before". I've won the lottery
    hahaha what a strange postal service you have over there Bizz lol

  12. #12
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    So duh, I was finally able to recover the parcel by threatening the mail man to go in and retrieve it for me.

    Show the label to src, they checked and sent me a copy of the parcel label as it left their warehouse, and it reports the correct name.

    It seems, someone down the postage line just changed the name who knows why, it sounds very odd or deliberate to me.

    Last words from src are "we have never met this kind of situation before". I've won the lottery
    Some woman from customs once wanted to make it a pain in the ass for me. I ordered gold bullion, investment grade, it is tax exempt... She insisted so much in trying to tax me for it's value (VAT plus import tax plus more, tax equal to the golds value). She had some connection to higher ups too I had to fight the case for over a month and find a way to report the unit she worked in. Her last words were not an apology but that it is important to pay taxes for our own welfare (or her useless job). There are infinitely many assholes.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •