• 1 Post By clarky.
  • 1 Post By Octaneforce
  • 1 Post By cousinmuscles
  • 1 Post By Mooseman33
  • 2 Post By Gallowmere
  • 2 Post By Ernst
  • 1 Post By Brewster
  • 1 Post By DocToxin8

Thread: Would you support your son or daughter taking steroids?

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member

Would you support your son or daughter taking steroids?

Lets say in ten years time when your son turns 23 and he asks you to help him take steroids safely?

Are you all for it?
    Do you grudgingly help just to keep him safe?
    Do you want no part in it?

What if the age was different, would it matter?

Interesting to hear your thoughts. My dad is a former aas user and all he wants is for me to be as safe as possible.
    Obs likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    I would be sitting them down and having a chat, the last thing you want is to ignore them, and they get some stupid advice from someone who knows nothing.

Look how many ppl we have coming here with the my friend or the guy from the gym told me to use this and that.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    I would be sitting them down and having a chat, the last thing you want is to ignore them, and they get some stupid advice from someone who knows nothing.

Look how many ppl we have coming here with the my friend or the guy from the gym told me to use this and that.
    What way would the converstation go?

Would you sit them down and explain the risks and allow them to continue if they do so safely?

Or

Would you do your utmost to convince them not to do it?

But yes thats personally what i would do in that situation

Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post

Would you sit them down and explain the risks and allow them to continue if they do so safely?

Or

It's your children, we will go through our whole lives trying to keep them safe.

I would 110% tell them the risks and get them to read it for themselves. They would be a adult so not much we could do about it to be fair but i would help to keep them safe as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post

Or

It's your children, we will go through our whole lives trying to keep them safe.

I would 110% tell them the risks and get them to read it for themselves. They would be a adult so not much we could do about it to be fair but i would help to keep them safe as possible.

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    It depends on the kids personality. If i see that hes commited to lifting and the lifestyle, then yes explain the risks and educate him/her how to do it properly.

But if hes a complacent under achiever looking for a shortcut (basically my generation in a nutshell) then i would do the best i could to steer them away from it. If you ask me juice is for life, not just to have some fun at the gym once in a while.
    clarky. likes this.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’d train with them lol. I’d educate and even help them get them. I’d rather know he’s getting well made gear. Having said that I’m 100% against female use.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    I’d train with them lol. I’d educate and even help them get them. I’d rather know he’s getting well made gear. Having said that I’m 100% against female use.
    Agreed I'd brew it myself to make sure they don't end up hospitalized. But at 23 I'd say no the brain is still developing. Training camp for a couple more years to prove they're taking it seriously. I'd also introduce them to more things than weights like martial arts or even something else. There are many obsessions you can find without having to risk your health just to make progress. Their desire to look some way or lift some weight may be temporary and may fade off with years making AAS use pointless for their lives, I'd make sure they understand this.

My dad was an AAS user too but had very little information. They just got stuff from pharmacies in Europe cheaply (mostly orals). When they had issues from prolonged use they just went to a doctor they knew who provided them a "fix" which supposedly brought back their natural production... As uninformed as he was he still scared me away from AAS as a teen and when I did it later in life he knew right when it kicked in "so what are you taking looks like you've gained muscle overnight" lol.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    no.
    that simple, i would do everything in my power to stop them.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    no.
    that simple, i would do everything in my power to stop them.
    Why?

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No. I would do everything to stop it. If he was going to cycle despite my pleads, I would educate him.
    There are too many health risks especially when your young. It is also very expensive. He would be better saving his money for necessities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Given that were I to have a child (I do not, nor do I plan on it), he’d be exposed to someone being on TRT for life from my early 30s, so he’d probably have a pretty good grasp on the commitment involved, were things to go awry. If he understands this, and is willing to accept the risk, I’d have no issue with it.

Besides, at 23 years old, though we may argue otherwise here, he’s old enough to get shitfaced drunk, or get shot at in the military, or pretty much anything else (most of which carry far more detriment and risk than AAS). As such, he qualifies as a grown ass man, and is responsible for his own decisions at that point.
    hollowedzeus and Couchlockd like this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    I would when of appropriate age. I wouldn't glorify or encourage it. I would make sure they do it right if they are going to hide it from me otherwise.

that being said, how many fathers don't mind thier 16 year old daughters hopping on birth control tabs or implants?

same damn thing.

exogenous sex hormones .

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    The question is a little too vague. It really depends based on what this kid of mine has done to prove themselves up to that point and what their goals are. I do think that we could at least have that conversation-- even earlier on perhaps if it was seen as playing an instrumental part towards achieving a real life goal or had something to do with a serious aspect of quality of life. I wouldn't be hanging out here dispensing advice and sharing experiences if I did not believe AAS could be used in a relatively safe and responsible manner. I would never hesitate to share my own experiences and rehash my own mistakes regarding any part of my life to anyone younger who would hear it, that it might benefit them.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Depends

Brewster is offline Member
    I would hope to have the relationship where they would comfortably be able to ask me.
    I would never have asked my father and I would never have listened to him if he said no.
    You have to look at it from that angle.

They are safe if used not abused. Just have to roll with it and keep them safe if they are going to do it anyways.
    Also if it were my daughter.. FUCK NO. SHE'S GOING ON LOCKDOWN.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’d tell him my own story and hope that would get him straight.
    If it won’t, then yeah, I’d help him make damn sure to stay as safe as possible.

But I’d really try to convince him out of it. Or at least to only run cycles, not blast and cruise.

But I was 15 first time around so, I know the deal.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’ll also add in that I moved from home when I was 16. So I know no parent could have stopped me, even when underage.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have two girls, so I can't say honestly how I would handle that situation with a son. I would probably do like some of the others said, I would not advise them to do it, but would educate them if they asked. Like doc said, if a kid wants to something, parents are usually not going to be able to stop them. When my girls are older, I will not be too strict on drinking, as long as they are responsible and don't do stupid crap like I did!

Thread Information