Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,920 of 2805
Like Tree2244Likes

Thread: May 2018 Most Improved Competition [FINISHED: Results in post #5]

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Getting too similar looking for my taste.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I know the feeling, I constantly battle with wanting to go back to bulking, I'm down to 208 and all my friends tell me I look too skinny. I'm gonna continue to cut till I can see my abs, then I'll bulk over the fall/winter. Just to hard to recomp
    charger69 and hollowedzeus like this.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinmuscles View Post
    Btw you are also part of the side chest crew

Seems like a lot of guys are huh...
    Thanks man I am proud to be part of that crew!

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Yea, theres plenty to choose from. I stopped cold turkey when I found out about the clot, I feel dead...lol
    Ya I think if I had a clot I would stop cold turkey too. Are you on HRT or do you need to start a PCT?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Miby im just not as big as i thought i was at tge start but im starting to get the way i looked last year when everyone was calling me a twat for wanting to cut.
    This is the battle within Zeus, we all look at ourselves and think we are not big enough or we are skinny especially when we are cutting. Trust me when I was close to 280lbs bulging with muscle bellies from ever joint I would think I wasn't big no matter who told me different.

The weight your dropping is unwanted weight and serves no purpose at all at your stage, so long as your training with resistance and pushing your body to places its never been before the muscle on your frame will be fine. I'm not sure of your carb cycling approach of the top of my head but it is a fine art to get to grips with and no matter what you read or who tells you how to do it, its an individual thing what needs to be adjusted daily as your body responds. I know there are certain figures and cycles to adhere to but our energy output and how we burn fat as fuel is all different and this is what you have to learn from. You may well be feeling flat due to the lack of carbs or you might not be holding as much water in your muscles as you start carb loading.

This again is something you have to play around with and don't stick with any certain numbers/cals/days what anyone has told you, if your body tells you different do it and adjust as you go along. That's why I like CC slowly so I can see how I respond while I preserve muscle tissue. Wen you have got rid of some stubborn body weight whats not needed you'll be in a far better position to put on a lot of tissue from the rebound of CC if you know what your doing. SO my friend get this small man head fuk your going through and hit the gym hard, adjust the carb cycling if needed and carry on pushing for the goals you need.

Tell yourself this is a test, this is pressure you have to overcome, this is willpower and dedication you can get through and trust me once you come out the other end building muscle will be easy once your body is in this environment coming out of a carb cycle, certain things what you can do will springboard you into serious growth.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduke93 View Post
    Yeah intuitive eating isn't for everyone, my body usually tells me to eat every 3-4 hours, i still focus on three main meals and mid morning snack/pre workout snack.

Yeah, my sex drive isn't all that great so think its all relevant, im not having any issues but just generally, a tad tired, sex drive a tad low, lethargic etc... bit annoying but hoping things will fall into place.

Hope you had a good session bro
    Thats been me the past couple years. No bueno. I keep bugging my doctor about it and he has no answers

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    I know the feeling, I constantly battle with wanting to go back to bulking, I'm down to 208 and all my friends tell me I look too skinny. I'm gonna continue to cut till I can see my abs, then I'll bulk over the fall/winter. Just to hard to recomp
    Unless your friends are attractive women, who cares what they think you look like?
    Last edited by HoldMyBeer; 06-19-2018 at 06:17 AM.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ok so I got up early and was at the gym at 5AM to do an InBody scan. I was a bit disappointed in the results, but to be realistic and honest with myself it is about what I expected. In the past two months my BF dropped from 16.2 to 14.1, but the most important thing is my weight only dropped one pound overall (210 to 209). My Skeletal muscle mass went up (101.6 to 102.7 pounds) and fat mass went down from (33.9 to 29.4 pounds). I know the math doesn't work but water weight was also different. So I put on just over a pound of muscle and lost 4.5 pounds of fat. I did this while still balancing a normal life, wife having a heart issue, son causing me grief, making it to all but one of my grandsons baseball games, camping for 4 days and boating etc etc .... So I am happy that i have a good balance and am still healthy and happy! Feel great, look great (IMHO), and have fun in my life! Just need a bit more sex from the wife ... and then it would be perfect LOL
    Capebuffalo likes this.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bethdoth View Post
    Ok so I got up early and was at the gym at 5AM to do an InBody scan. I was a bit disappointed in the results, but to be realistic and honest with myself it is about what I expected. In the past two months my BF dropped from 16.2 to 14.1, but the most important thing is my weight only dropped one pound overall (210 to 209). My Skeletal muscle mass went up (101.6 to 102.7 pounds) and fat mass went down from (33.9 to 29.4 pounds). I know the math doesn't work but water weight was also different. So I put on just over a pound of muscle and lost 4.5 pounds of fat. I did this while still balancing a normal life, wife having a heart issue, son causing me grief, making it to all but one of my grandsons baseball games, camping for 4 days and boating etc etc .... So I am happy that i have a good balance and am still healthy and happy! Feel great, look great (IMHO), and have fun in my life! Just need a bit more sex from the wife ... and then it would be perfect LOL
    Cool that you have these tools to measure progress, good progress btw. Today is 50% completed of the competition guys, halfway through
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Getting too similar looking for my taste.

Great progress!

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Ive got some tren sitting, might aswell use and recomp
    Some days i feel good others im going backwards. This lifestyles does play headgames with you.

Thanks for the nice comments guys
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    This is the battle within Zeus, we all look at ourselves and think we are not big enough or we are skinny especially when we are cutting. Trust me when I was close to 280lbs bulging with muscle bellies from ever joint I would think I wasn't big no matter who told me different.

The weight your dropping is unwanted weight and serves no purpose at all at your stage, so long as your training with resistance and pushing your body to places its never been before the muscle on your frame will be fine. I'm not sure of your carb cycling approach of the top of my head but it is a fine art to get to grips with and no matter what you read or who tells you how to do it, its an individual thing what needs to be adjusted daily as your body responds. I know there are certain figures and cycles to adhere to but our energy output and how we burn fat as fuel is all different and this is what you have to learn from. You may well be feeling flat due to the lack of carbs or you might not be holding as much water in your muscles as you start carb loading.

This again is something you have to play around with and don't stick with any certain numbers/cals/days what anyone has told you, if your body tells you different do it and adjust as you go along. That's why I like CC slowly so I can see how I respond while I preserve muscle tissue. Wen you have got rid of some stubborn body weight whats not needed you'll be in a far better position to put on a lot of tissue from the rebound of CC if you know what your doing. SO my friend get this small man head fuk your going through and hit the gym hard, adjust the carb cycling if needed and carry on pushing for the goals you need.

Tell yourself this is a test, this is pressure you have to overcome, this is willpower and dedication you can get through and trust me once you come out the other end building muscle will be easy once your body is in this environment coming out of a carb cycle, certain things what you can do will springboard you into serious growth.
    I compare myself to you guys alot which probably doesnt help.given that ive not been training long and im not on gear as such. Just today i felt very small and i feel weak. Had a shit day of eating yesterday as in i didnt eat enough and also didnt go tothe gym when i had planned to go do chest and cardio. Girlfriend started majorly pissing me off which put me in a right cunt of a mood that stopped me eating and training. Its not an excuse but its the reason.

Im going for your suggestion of 5 days low and one high. I will begin to count my kcals again since ive become far too relaxed with it. Some days i dont eat enough and i suffer for it in my workouts.

Being honest, i feel that i worked far harder last year in the comp. Im letting life get in the way too much, theres been some days where im like oh i can skip that meal and it will help because im eating less.

I really need to get my finger out my arse and up the cardio, eat more consitantly and train like a fuckin animal.

I did better last year on lower test ffs. No excuses.

If i dont win its because i didnt put the effort i needed to in.

I started up using a bit of eph and clen recently and it was pretty stupid because ive once again got a dull aching pain on my chest again so thats me being a dickhead again and trying to take shortcuts.

Fuck me i need to give my head a shake

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutbutterDC View Post
    Sounds very much like my husband and a bit like my son, too. Over the years my husband has had a few diagnoses: social anxiety, sensory processing disorder, and even high functioning autism. Regardless of the Dx, it's helpful to remember neurological differences might be challenging at times but they are also, often, gifts. If this stuff is interesting to you I recommend the book Born on a Blue Day, by Daniel Tammet

I'm happy for you that you've managed your way past the distressing times and made life changing improvements. That sort of thing is never easy. You have my respect and admiration!
    Those diagnoses are often bogus and don't see them leading anywhere, just labels changing according to individual interpretation, that's why over the years I never bothered about seeking professional help. I'd probably score as HFA too but honestly, I don't care.

Yeah thanks also sorry to know about your family situation, I imagined something about your son but not your husband, myself I made a commitment and will avoid any kind of LTR.

You are free to go as personal as you wish but pls take to pm next time

Legs today, hope to have a session at least as good as last.

Planning many sets of warm up on the leg presses, need some volume to get the blood flowing, then either pyramid up in load or go heavier first then down.

Also fvck me I hope desk gal is wearing a more proper skirt than she did yesterday I'm horny enough for the day...
    marcus300 and hollowedzeus like this.

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerheart View Post
    Legs today, hope to have a session at least as good as last.

Planning many sets of warm up on the leg presses, need some volume to get the blood flowing, then either pyramid up in load or go heavier first then down.

Also fvck me I hope desk gal is wearing a more proper skirt than she did yesterday I'm horny enough for the day...
    You gotta lay of the Tren , sounds like it’s getting to your sack!

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Hope everyone is going good .
    hollowedzeus likes this.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Hope everyone is going good .
    How you been, Clarky?

Great session tonight. Chest and 45 mins cardio.

Plate loaded chest press
    Failed on 170kg
    160kg double drop

Flys
    22kg drop set

Incline press
    2 ws 90kg partials

Good one tonight. Good pump for some reason

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member

Plate loaded chest press
    Failed on 170kg
    160kg double drop

Flys
    22kg drop set

Incline press
    2 ws 90kg partials

Nice! Looking good
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bethdoth View Post
    Thanks man I am proud to be part of that crew!

Ya I think if I had a clot I would stop cold turkey too. Are you on HRT or do you need to start a PCT?
    Yea I stay on trt
    bethdoth likes this.

Plate loaded chest press
    Failed on 170kg
    160kg double drop

Flys
    22kg drop set

Incline press
    2 ws 90kg partials

Recounted in my head. Failed on 180kg chest press. Got 170
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

Quite of a good session

Couple sets of leg extensions

Warm up on horizontal press 3 incremental sets up to 65kg, 25 reps + range

leg press (sled) 150x10 (x2); 170x12; 190x10, x8, 200x7 and failed on 8th rep. Had to unload machine and pull it back into position manually.

Went deeper with knees closer to chest than last time, as flexibility allowed it, sort of deep squats.

Then three sets of seated calves, one of hams but had them cramping, better I completely leave hams for another day, and a couple sets of hypers just to give them a try, nice movement I'll add it to my routine.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Nice tank top Zeus.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Been slacking a little since middle of last week, got a killer leg workout in today.
    charger69 likes this.

Work all day today then ill sneak in 45mins or an hour of cardio afterwards.

93kg today

Chest is gubbed

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quite of a good session

leg press (sled) 150x10 (x2); 170x12; 190x10, x8, 200x7 and failed on 8th rep. Had to unload machine and pull it back into position manually.

Went deeper with knees closer to chest than last time, as flexibility allowed it, sort of deep squats.

Then three sets of seated calves, one of hams but had them cramping, better I completely leave hams for another day, and a couple sets of hypers just to give them a try, nice movement I'll add it to my routine.
    Just make sure that your butt does not come off the seat. If it does, you are putting a lot of strain on your back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hammerheart likes this.

Nice tank top Zeus.
    I have one exactly like it from 1989. LOL
    Do they still make these?

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I have one exactly like it from 1989. LOL
    Do they still make these?

It seems like it but many Chinese fakes around.

A bit late with schedule today but should be in for back day tonight.

Got sore calves, quite rare occurrence.

Just make sure that your butt does not come off the seat. If it does, you are putting a lot of strain on your back.

Lower back got pumped from holding it straight, was gripping the handles with effort over last set, seems I got it right.

Is 440lbs leg press good for a starter. This was like my actual 2nd leg day, ever. Was handicapped with legs training at home.

Lower back got pumped from holding it straight, was gripping the handles with effort over last set, seems I got it right.

Is 440lbs leg press good for a starter. This was like my actual 2nd leg day, ever. Was handicapped with legs training at home.
    That's bout what I'm doing now, I can more but it hurts my back. When I bring my legs all the way back I have to support them with my hands to keep it from hurting. I remember the days I couldn't put enough on there, like 12 plates per side or something

There is no good or bad weight. I would start out with low weight and very strict form. I have had a back operation and am sensitive to putting too much strain on my back.
    Being older, I try to make lower weights more difficult (TUT, holding in a contracted state, etc). Every now and then I change it up and go heavy.

Obs and PeanutbutterDC like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    There is no good or bad weight. I would start out with low weight and very strict form. I have had a back operation and am sensitive to putting too much strain on my back.
    Being older, I try to make lower weights more difficult (TUT, holding in a contracted state, etc). Every now and then I change it up and go heavy.

Totally agree. Ego gets in the way of mucle gain.
    charger69 likes this.

I always use strict form.

In fact, my strength is not nearly 100% atm so I apply all the possible strategies to tear fibers apart with lower loads.

Ready for a glorious back day in a bit. Grip is not bitching as yesterday. What is a good exercise to warm up lats first and activate the mind-muscle connection?

Also fvck me I'm horny again tonight, what do
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Ready for a glorious back day in a bit. Grip is not bitching as yesterday. What is a good exercise to warm up lats first and activate the mind-muscle connection?

Also fvck me I'm horny again tonight, what do
    If you did legs yesterday I would not do back. Keep 1-2 days between legs and back to maximize your workouts.
    Mr.BB and charger69 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    If you did legs yesterday I would not do back. Keep 1-2 days between legs and back to maximize your workouts.
    Just leg presses, didn't get my back taxed, full ready for it.

Must have misread this. Your the boss. Always have the answer. Continue on.
    charger69 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Must have misread this. Your the boss. Always have the answer. Continue on.
    Not sure what do you mean?
    hollowedzeus likes this.

May 2018 Most Improved Competition [FINISHED: Results in post #5]-screenshot_20180620-140802_gallery.jpg
    Arms are getting some definition

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    not sure what do you mean?

Fight fight fight fight!!!!
    hollowedzeus and HoldMyBeer like this.

Quite of a good session

Thought you only did leg presses. Hum
    Must have misread this one too.
    charger69 likes this.

Italy vs USA

Thread Information