Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,720 of 2805
Like Tree2244Likes

Thread: May 2018 Most Improved Competition [FINISHED: Results in post #5]

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    I just find it hard to activate glutes, they somewhat underfire and my squat performance suffers as a result, that's why I was looking for something targeted. I get much more butt activation with deads, but favoured squats over them since comp start. Was even thinking to split legs in two days one squats one deads, I miss the latter too much.
    I have been doing glutes with quads and seperating hams. My legs got a lotta potential if I can get the layer of crap off them.
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    I just find it hard to activate glutes, they somewhat underfire and my squat performance suffers as a result, that's why I was looking for something targeted. I get much more butt activation with deads, but favoured squats over them since comp start. Was even thinking to split legs in two days one squats one deads, I miss the latter too much.

Yeah, that's a real problem when doing compound exercises. Here are a couple great isolation exercises to help you activate your glutes:

rope/cable pull-thru
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/pull-through

and hip extension, either kneeling...
    Kneeling Hip Extension | BodBot

Or on the equipment typically used for back hyper-extension

Once you get them firing in isolation it'll be easier to activate them in compound exercises.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I have been doing glutes with quads and seperating hams. My legs got a lotta potential if I can get the layer of crap off them.
    Let's see them legs, Obs. Have you posted a leg pic?

I do a similar split but prefer pairing glutes with hams and quads with calves- however it's always good to change things up. I'm currently doing 3-6 sets of glutes 6 days/week, hams and quads on seperate days

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Gym got this glute machine - https://lifefitness.com/facility/pro...-series/glute#

Should I give it a try or too gay?
    That's for girls, you don't need it.

Squatting can be akward even if you do the movement for years. Add some leg press if you are not reaching failure with squats and extensions, you can also try hack squats, but males don't need butt exercises.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Splitting is a good idea IMO so you can go 100% on each.

To activate glutes more on squats or deads, point the toes out a little, and widen your stance. Narrow stance, feet forward is olympic weightlifting type squats, guess why they have huge quads while most powerlifters have a more even development...
    charger69 and hammerheart like this.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Definetly made a mistake not carbing up today. Im fucked. Arms are fucked. Exhausted.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutbutterDC View Post
    Yeah, that's a real problem when doing compound exercises. Here are a couple great isolation exercises to help you activate your glutes:

rope/cable pull-thru
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/pull-through

and hip extension, either kneeling...
    Kneeling Hip Extension | BodBot

Or on the equipment typically used for back hyper-extension

Once you get them firing in isolation it'll be easier to activate them in compound exercises.
    That pull through thing it's too weird for me, thanks.

Gym doesn't appear to have hyper-extension bench, I'll have to ask

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    males don't need butt exercises.
    Doesn't mean we got to have a pair of soft and flat glutes, cause that's how mine feel, hams too. I'm seeing literally zero improvement in the legs area, not even a tone-up. I used to do deads and those were so much more effective, I can pull 2x the weight vs squats.

Not only I can't reach failure with squats but not even the point of volitional fatigue, for the moment I'm abandoning the movement and move to the leg press, I can use either horizontal or sled and the isolation apparatuses, then approach the squat rack at a later point.

Quote Originally Posted by cousinmuscles View Post
    Splitting is a good idea IMO so you can go 100% on each.

To activate glutes more on squats or deads, point the toes out a little, and widen your stance. Narrow stance, feet forward is olympic weightlifting type squats, guess why they have huge quads while most powerlifters have a more even development...
    Yeah I tried that but only makes a minor difference.

No way I can do both squats and deads same session if going serious on latter.

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bethdoth View Post
    I hope you aren't to sick and lose more weight! Oh wait a minute you have no fat to lose so it would be muscle ... and that would make it easier for me to win this comp! Just joking get feeling better and tear it up!
    hahaha, Fortunately i can still eat!!

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    No training or cardio for me today. I had 5 hours sleep last night and im barely consuming 2000 calories. I think i need that more than taxing my body more.

Some tbol should be landing today along with some prop that i cleared my source of lol. Depending on bloodwork it may need to be a prop first cycle

Obs
    That's for girls, you don't need it.

Squatting can be akward even if you do the movement for years. Add some leg press if you are not reaching failure with squats and extensions, you can also try hack squats, but males don't need butt exercises.
    Its another muscle to be shaped. Wouldn't trade my ass for anything. Any time a brave girl has hit on me blantantly by grabbing, they werent grabbing my chest.
    Last edited by Obs; 06-12-2018 at 03:02 AM.

Obs
    Let's see them legs, Obs. Have you posted a leg pic?

I do a similar split but prefer pairing glutes with hams and quads with calves- however it's always good to change things up. I'm currently doing 3-6 sets of glutes 6 days/week, hams and quads on seperate days
    October. If everything keeps going like it is they will be worth viewing.

Doesn't mean we got to have a pair of soft and flat glutes, cause that's how mine feel, hams too. I'm seeing literally zero improvement in the legs area, not even a tone-up. I used to do deads and those were so much more effective, I can pull 2x the weight vs squats.

Not only I can't reach failure with squats but not even the point of volitional fatigue, for the moment I'm abandoning the movement and move to the leg press, I can use either horizontal or sled and the isolation apparatuses, then approach the squat rack at a later point.
    You cant expect to start exercising and muscles to pop up immediately, I know what you mean on the soft areas on glute and leg interior, it takes time for those zones to fill up. Sorry pal, it takes years, even with higher steroids dosages than you are doing.

Consistency, thats the key IMO.

There is no better movement for the whole leg than deep squats. Is it a difficult exercise? yes, technically, execution wise and what it takes out of you, its very difficult.

I cant reach failure either on regular back squats, scares me shitless to fail, so I try to go to an unconfortable weight zone and do what I can, sometimes I deload and do 20reps to finish. But to reach total failure on squat movement I use the squat machine, where I can safely go heavy and finish with dropset. Its brutal.

To fill the inside of leg I warm up before squats with leg adductor machine.

You are making a fuss about glute activation which is hard to understand, from a physiological point of view it is impossible to squat without glutes doing some work.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Its another muscle to be shaped. Wouldn't trade my ass for anything. Any time a brave girl has hit on me blantantly by grabbing, they werent grabbing my chest.
    I told you to stop hanging around the girls school for the blind.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Yeah I tried that but only makes a minor difference.

No way I can do both squats and deads same session if going serious on latter.
    Supplement with good mornings and SLDL. If you do all this your glutes will come along as long as your training weight progressively increases over time...
    hammerheart likes this.

You cant expect to start exercising and muscles to pop up immediately, I know what you mean on the soft areas on glute and leg interior, it takes time for those zones to fill up. Sorry pal, it takes years, even with higher steroids dosages than you are doing.

Consistency, thats the key IMO.

There is no better movement for the whole leg than deep squats. Is it a difficult exercise? yes, technically, execution wise and what it takes out of you, its very difficult.

I cant reach failure either on regular back squats, scares me shitless to fail, so I try to go to an unconfortable weight zone and do what I can, sometimes I deload and do 20reps to finish. But to reach total failure on squat movement I use the squat machine, where I can safely go heavy and finish with dropset. Its brutal.

To fill the inside of leg I warm up before squats with leg adductor machine.

You are making a fuss about glute activation which is hard to understand, from a physiological point of view it is impossible to squat without glutes doing some work.
    With softness I mean totally untrained muscle feeling, I believe the thing we don't understand each other here is I'm abnormally soft at baseline, and even experience gross swings in muscle tone spontaneously, or f.ex if changing my thyroid dosage. It only takes some light training (even just bw) to correct this though. The day other I went doing some stiffs and my hams especially feel much better already.

Of course they are gonna activate but it's like they never warm up, hence they can't be fully engaged either.
    Obs likes this.

My man

no homo
    Obs likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm on the border of LA and OC. Is the LA one in Culver City? Just curious bc I went to see a friend of a friend compete there a couple years ago. Also, my roller derby league used to play all our home games at the same venue, so it feels like home to me
    As for competing, if I do it wouldn't be until spring. Wanna be well prepared. Although I've had buddies say first competition is basically just a great learning experience, and to get it done with the sooner the better as it will inform future training, etc.
    I'll decide one way or another by September

When are you competing again, Charger?
    Yes Culver City.
    I am going to compete In 3 weeks and another one in 5 weeks. Both in Mexico. After that I am done until May of next year. It will be good to have some time off and check my bw.
    Really, the first one is getting used to everything that is going on and checking your body on dehydration, carb loadin, etc.
    I’ve been doing this for about 4 years and still am trying to dial it in LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PeanutbutterDC and bethdoth like this.

With softness I mean totally untrained muscle feeling, I believe the thing we don't understand each other here is I'm abnormally soft at baseline, and even experience gross swings in muscle tone spontaneously, or f.ex if changing my thyroid dosage. It only takes some light training (even just bw) to correct this though. The day other I went doing some stiffs and my hams especially feel much better already.

Of course they are gonna activate but it's like they never warm up, hence they can't be fully engaged either.
    Ok pal, just giving my opinion.

Ok pal, just giving my opinion.
    We are cool.

Just eyed one guy on FB marketplace selling a brand new king size bed due to "failed marriage" lol. I might grab it
    Obs likes this.

We are cool.

Just eyed one guy on FB marketplace selling a brand new king size bed due to "failed marriage" lol. I might grab it
    If its cheap and you like it, go for it!

Obs
    We are cool.

Lol! He was married! Dont worry they never had sex on it.

Lol! He was married! Dont worry they never had sex on it.
    It sounds like they broke right after wedding so probably it's not "they" but she and some other lol
    Obs likes this.

KittyO1 is offline Female Member
    @bizzarro you could also try adding some split squats & lunges to help with ham/glute development. Another idea is to video your squats and have others look at your form- possibility that you may not be sitting back enough. If that’s the case, box squats would be a good addition as well.

~“We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 15:11~‬ *NLT‬‬
    ‬‬

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180612_150200.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	173141
    Got me a bike, bout really concentrate on cutting. Biking and swimming in the afternoons
    Obs and PeanutbutterDC like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Hi fellas/ladies, sorry not being around lots of stuff going on in my life at the moment.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post

Name:	20180612_150200.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	173141
    Got me a bike, bout really concentrate on cutting. Biking and swimming in the afternoons
    Swimming is probably the best cardio.

Obs likes this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post

Yep, but that bike kicked my ass!
    Obs likes this.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post

Sex is the best cardio by far
    Obs and guitarzan like this.

This
    Why would anyone choose to ignore such a large, sexy, aesthetically and biomechanically important muscle group? Makes no sense
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    This
    Why would anyone choose to ignore such a large, sexy, aesthetically and biomechanically important muscle group? Makes no sense
    For the record my favorite thing about my gf is I cant really straddle her ass if she is laying flat and I am I my knees. 8)

This
    For guys competing having big glutes will give impression of a bigger waist, which is bad for the body symmetry.
    Many pros avoid exercises like deadlifts because of this.

For guys competing having big glutes will give impression of a bigger waist, which is bad for the body symmetry.
    How does that work? How would big glutes make the waist look bigger. You'd think the opposite would be true as it is in women.
    Obs likes this.

How does that work? How would big glutes make the waist look bigger. You'd think the opposite would be true as it is in women.
    Can happen when the glutes are humongous

Don't worry folks we are far from that lol

Finally experienced what I bought gym membership for today (lot of good pain).

Went in for a leg day, usual stretch stuff, then warmed up to leg extension, nothing impressive there.

Then moved to horizontal leg press, nice feeling with the machine, pulled several warm up sets up 1x bw, those high reps (15-20) elicited a nice burning feel in quads, which I enjoyed.

Then moved to sled, nice looking machine, plate loaded, pyramided my way up to 170kg total, 8 reps but could have done two more, but decided to stay safe, I'll be taking my time to work things up, no need to haste.

Then calves, both seated and standing, and some ham curls towards the end, just to give them a warm up.

I don't dislike squats, what I don't like is that I cannot get my legs properly worked with squats alone, comparatively I struggle to squat with 50kg only and my legs need much heavier loads, so I wasn't going anywhere. Today I can say I had my first proper leg session ever

The squat rack was so seducing though, with his "hammer strength" label, and the olympic bar and plates... I'll work my way into it.

I just want a pair of nice round buttocks, ffs
    Obs and PeanutbutterDC like this.

For sure not everyone will agree, but this comes from old school bodybuilding competition.

First you cant really compare men to women as bodies and judging are completely different. Women have larger hips than men, no way around that, a men with larger hips than waist will not look right, big disproportionate glutes will make the hips look bigger.

Then on stage the judging is rarely done dead straight, contestants are often a bit sideways to all judges, so if the glute pops up it creates the illusion of bigger waist.

Im just stating the fact that women and men training are slightly different, no way around that. The average male, on steroids , working glutes directly will make his body disproportionate. Thats my 2 cents.

A good example of what i am trying to say is William Bonac, his glutes are too big for his frame, makes his waist look bigger on stage, not ideal in my opinion.

Name:	ae9f0f5f079a42276d09b52562e2f008.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	173154
    Obs likes this.

Im just stating the fact that women and men training are slightly different, no way around that. The average male, on steroids, working glutes directly will make his body disproportionate. Thats my 2 cents.
    Don't get me wrong BB, but that sounds a bit like folks saying, don't train too much, or you'll get too big. No way I'm going disproportionate on glutes, got them naturally small in shape and also I barely feel like working them out, so...

Obs
    For sure not everyone will agree, but this comes from old school bodybuilding competition.

First you cant really compare men to women as bodies and judging are completely different. Women have larger hips than men, no way around that, a men with larger hips than waist will not look right, big disproportionate glutes will make the hips look bigger.

Then on stage the judging is rarely done dead straight, contestants are often a bit sideways to all judges, so if the glute pops up it creates the illusion of bigger waist.

Im just stating the fact that women and men training are slightly different, no way around that. The average male, on steroids , working glutes directly will make his body disproportionate. Thats my 2 cents.

A good example of what i am trying to say is William Bonac, his glutes are too big for his frame, makes his waist look bigger on stage, not ideal in my opinion.

Name:	ae9f0f5f079a42276d09b52562e2f008.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	173154
    I am gonna be screwed in this department.
    My ass flexed has stryations starting and its way to high bf to have that issue. I could set a beer can on the damn thing after squats. Now I am worried.

Can happen when the glutes are humongous

Not a look I'm into

Thread Information