• 1 Post By StanTheGuy
  • 1 Post By musclestack
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: I think i have a friggin hernia

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Exclamation I think i have a friggin hernia

Im constantly touching my chest and belly and shoulders checking for injuries/gyno/acne and/or just feeling my sexy ass body. BUT today i felt a little bump above my belly button. Im not sure if its just the shape of my abdominal muscles or if its a hernia. Im super freaked out and the thought of surgery worries me because ive made so much progress and i dont want to stop lifting. Im finishing up a npp/test/dbol cycle and starting pct this week. Its sunday but tomorrow im gonna call the doc and get this shit checked out asap. Anyone ever had a hernia fixed? Im stressed lol

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Im constantly touching my chest and belly and shoulders checking for injuries/gyno/acne and/or just feeling my sexy ass body. BUT today i felt a little bump above my belly button. Im not sure if its just the shape of my abdominal muscles or if its a hernia. Im super freaked out and the thought of surgery worries me because ive made so much progress and i dont want to stop lifting. Im finishing up a npp/test/dbol cycle and starting pct this week. Its sunday but tomorrow im gonna call the doc and get this shit checked out asap. Anyone ever had a hernia fixed? Im stressed lol
    Oh, jeeze! I hope you're okay
    Octaneforce likes this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    If you got a hernia you'll feel the pain before you feel the physical piece of intestine sticking out through your tear in your abdominals

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by m.hornbuckle View Post
    If you got a hernia you'll feel the pain before you feel the physical piece of intestine sticking out through your tear in your abdominals
    No pain. Just a little bump that i dont recognize.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutbutterDC View Post
    Oh, jeeze! I hope you're okay
    Fingers crossed! Lol. One thing after another

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I had an abdominal tear that turned my junk black. It hurt muuuuuch worse than it looked.
    I posted pictures of it and was immediately reprimanded of course but at least my bestest buddy numbere got to see my junk.

Anyway when you tear your abdominal muscles it hurts like holy hell. I doubt its a hernia. When you cough, laugh, stand or sit it makes you cringe.

Thankfully mine was not a tear all the way through.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I had an abdominal tear that turned my junk black. It hurt muuuuuch worse than it looked.
    I posted pictures of it and was immediately reprimanded of course but at least my bestest buddy numbere got to see my junk.

Anyway when you tear your abdominal muscles it hurts like holy hell. I doubt its a hernia. When you cough, laugh, stand or sit it makes you cringe.

Jesus christ. Well if you dealt with that and still stayed huge then i guess i feel better lol. I def wanna get it checked out cuz ive been pushing myself to the limit in the gym lately
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Jesus christ. Well if you dealt with that and still stayed huge then i guess i feel better lol. I def wanna get it checked out cuz ive been pushing myself to the limit in the gym lately
    It lasted a couple weeks though I have never been huge.

Torn muscles suck!

Blog Entries
    It lasted a couple weeks though I have never been huge.

Torn muscles suck!
    Well You’re dwarfing that chainsaw in ur avatar!
    I puked my guts up and missed over a week like a month ago from a medicine reaction. I posted about it, i think thats what fucked up my ab/gut region. Im still not right from that. Fuck this month lol

Yours healed on its own or u got surgery?

Obs
    Well You’re dwarfing that chainsaw in ur avatar!
    I puked my guts up and missed over a week like a month ago from a medicine reaction. I posted about it, i think thats what fucked up my ab/gut region. Im still not right from that. Fuck this month lol

Yours healed on its own or u got surgery?
    It healed on its own. To be honest I am almost certain it tore along old scar tissue from a bull stomping me.

I think my ab muscle was fused back together twisted from the old injury and when I trained them hard it gave way all at once. It healed very nicely and I attribute being on a lot of AAS to that. I didnt train abs for a long time afterward though.

almost got black balled over black balls
    Obs and Octaneforce like this.

Obs
    almost got black balled over black balls
    Lol
    A better guy couldn't have seen it first!
    He was sooooo outraged! Lmfao!

It was purely medical...

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Don't even think you got an hernia unless your in crippling pain.

Lol
    A better guy couldn't have seen it first!
    He was sooooo outraged! Lmfao!

It was purely medical...
    it was before my time..
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Obs
    it was before my time..
    He still comes back once in a while. You will see why.

StanTheGuy is offline New Member
    I think you're fine. If you really have one, you won't be moving or talking. It actually reminds me of the scene from Parks and Rec. Lmao
    Octaneforce likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I found one 1" above mine when I got to my current Bf

It's smaller than a pea - it ain't shit, just keep an eye on it

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Hey, guys. Been a while since I've posted, but I logged on today and saw this post. The comments about being in crippling pain before you notice the buldge are not necessarily true. I've had 2 operations so far for hernias (the last one was earlier this year) in the same place you have your 'lump'. I'm not saying yours is a hernia, but mine was. I had no pain at all, but I could push the intestine back in with my finger whenever it popped out. The pain only occurs when it pushes through your abdomen wall and does not go back in; that's when you're in trouble and need to go to the hospital asap.

I would schedule an appointment with your doc to find out exactly what it is. By the way, you don't HAVE to get it fixed right now if you don't want to (depending on the severity, which only your doctor can advise). I had my first one for a couple years before I finally decided to have it operated on. I'm a competitive powerlifter, so it was only a matter of time before I would have to get it fixed if I wanted to keep increasing my weights. Good luck!
    hammerheart likes this.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    Hey, guys. Been a while since I've posted, but I logged on today and saw this post. The comments about being in crippling pain before you notice the buldge are not necessarily true. I've had 2 operations so far for hernias (the last one was earlier this year) in the same place you have your 'lump'. I'm not saying yours is a hernia, but mine was. I had no pain at all, but I could push the intestine back in with my finger whenever it popped out. The pain only occurs when it pushes through your abdomen wall and does not go back in; that's when you're in trouble and need to go to the hospital asap.

I would schedule an appointment with your doc to find out exactly what it is. By the way, you don't HAVE to get it fixed right now if you don't want to (depending on the severity, which only your doctor can advise). I had my first one for a couple years before I finally decided to have it operated on. I'm a competitive powerlifter, so it was only a matter of time before I would have to get it fixed if I wanted to keep increasing my weights. Good luck!
    I stand corrected then. Didn't know hernias could go painless.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post

Thanks for the info my man. Im goin to the doc tomorrow morning. My insurance is such a shitshow so it took me a few days to find the right doc that wasnt gonna fuck me with unnecessary bills. Its Actually a doc ive been to before for something else. I havent been to the gym since i noticed this bump bc im terrified to spill my intenstines onto the floor lol. I pushed on it pretty hard when i first googled hernias and couldnt pop it back in. Still doesnt hurt tho

Blog Entries
    We are plagued with the same shit - being human

My whatever it is has not changed in size in 5 years

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    We are plagued with the same shit - being human

My whatever it is has not changed in size in 5 years
    Do you do heavy deadlifts and core work?

Blog Entries
    Do you do heavy deadlifts and core work?
    Not as much as I use to

I got my deads close to 500 Lbs a few years back, now I max out at about 315 - ever

I do a ton of abdominal work, crunches, more crunches & planks
    Octaneforce likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Not as much as I use to

I got my deads close to 500 Lbs a few years back, now I max out at about 315 - ever

I do a ton of abdominal work, crunches, more crunches & planks
    I wanted to hit a 500lb deadlift so bad! But then i noticed this bump and now im being a wimp. I got so close too lol damnit. But you gave me some peace of mind to do crunches again. I gotta get my muscle belly ready for summer. Im lookin like an chubby infant belly after this bulk

Blog Entries
    My lump is about a 1" above my belly button, dead in the center - feels like it is attached to the abdominal wall right in the center crease

It has never changed in size & I would say it's about the size of a #2 pencil eraser tip

I have another growth similar to this on one of my shoulder - it's not visible by anyone other than me. Just because of its position on my shoulder - it's about half the size of a golf ball(maybe a tad flatter). I went to an MD when I noticed it almost 20 years ago - they said it's a fatty deposit growth

Blog Entries
    Go to an MD just to have it checked

I remember when I first sprouted gyno, I didn't back then - the doc was, like look man - you'll know

Blog Entries
    I got it checked at my primary. He basically told me to just ignore it and go on with my life lol. But he also gave me a surgeon to talk to for another opinion because im a pain in the ass

Blog Entries
    I strongly dislike crappy MD's

After paying close to 20k for my current wife's plastic surgery, I have a close to excellent surgeon on call - way nice to have. . . The info I have gotten from this guy on AAs is priceless. . . . He ran cycles & quite a few of his friends are on sauce.
    Obs likes this.

Thread Information