Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member

Any Car stereo enthusiasts???

I'm looking for some forums for car audio like these to get some questions answered? Anyone out there into car audio? I blew out my 2 12's and am having trouble deciding what kind to buy now...

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    I used to be a big car stereo guy. Got 2 10's that hit damn hard...all mtx blue thunder stuff. Whats your price range? what kind of car?

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I used to be in it back in the day. 12 inch M&M Godfathers.

My friend had the M&M Roses....extremely hard to get.

I'm looking to pay about 350-400 for 2 12's... it's in a 92 mustang gt(hatchback)... i have a 600watt rms amp to push them and am considering getting a bigger amp in the future if need be. I was thinking about cerwin vega(I have floor speakers for the house by them and i like them) or audiobahn. I have infinity kappa components for the interior speakers powered by 55watts rms a channel

mfenske is offline Member
    This is my favorite. www.termpro.com Then go to the Audio Forum. If you have any audio questions shoot them my way. I have been in to car audio for about the last 10 years for fun, and the last 5 professionally. Mark

flexgolf is offline Member
    i know car audio. 3 MTX thunder 8000 12's

im assuming your amp is 600 watts bridged at 4 ohms. is that peak or RMS (continuous) power? 300-400 isnt much for 2 12's. id rather spend 300 on 1 good one. thats all you really need in a hatchback anyways. dont buy 2 shitty subs when u can get one good one. if you do get 2 subs, they will have to be 8 ohm. unless ur amp is 2 ohm stable which i doubt it is. i need some more info

Quote Originally Posted by flexgolf
    i know car audio. 3 MTX thunder 8000 12's

im assuming your amp is 600 watts bridged at 4 ohms. is that peak or RMS (continuous) power? 300-400 isnt much for 2 12's. id rather spend 300 on 1 good one. thats all you really need in a hatchback anyways. dont buy 2 shitty subs when u can get one good one. if you do get 2 subs, they will have to be 8 ohm. unless ur amp is 2 ohm stable which i doubt it is. i need some more info
    I'm not a car audio nut but I know my good friend used to compete in the 0-50 watt class and he could power 2 12 inch subs. He had a 50 watt amp that he loaded down to 0.5 ohms. That's all I know so don't ask me any questions.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    www.sounddomain.com has a pretty decent forum... used to be into that shit until i realized i never had any $...????

--hawk

bluemofo4 is offline New Member
    Same here Hawk...all my money goes towards supplements and things of that nature nowadays. Ahhh the good ol' days...

My amp is 2ohm stable and yes it is 600watts RMS(continuous power)...

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...4047&catid=369 is the sub i was thinking about buying....

The Butcher is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I used to be in it back in the day. 12 inch M&M Godfathers.

My friend had the M&M Roses....extremely hard to get.

M&M Godfathers! Those fuckers hit harder than anything I have heard. A buddy of mine had two of them in an '85 GMC Jimmy that could rattle your fucking teeth out of your head. And they were only in a regular sealed enclosure.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to be back in the day too. I went to a few sound offs and my bro was even sponsored by alpine. I used to have a pair of these speakers from Hollywood Sound Labs and they kicked ass. The magnets are huge and the cones are extra durable. Heres the link to their site http://www.hollywoodsoundlabs.com/ They have some 12's that are 1200 watts and 3600 peak. These things really thump. Their amps are clean as hell too.

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Thats the Field that Iam in.. MECP first class certified installer, work for a Major USA and Canada Retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanhallmark
    Thats the Field that Iam in.. MECP first class certified installer, work for a Major USA and Canada Retailer.
    Good! I have been sitting here racking my brains trying to figure the name of this guys amp. It was a 50 watt amp, khaki green in colour, square shaped, a top of the line compeition amp, and this was back in 1990/91. I cannot remember the brand name. Soundstream was its big competitor. It's not a name I hear anymore.

Please help me sleep!!!

Good! I have been sitting here racking my brains trying to figure the name of this guys amp. It was a 50 watt amp, khaki green in colour, square shaped, a top of the line compeition amp, and this was back in 1990/91. I cannot remember the brand name. Soundstream was its big competitor. It's not a name I hear anymore.

Please help me sleep!!!
    I will ask some one at work tomorrow that has been installing and in sales back in the early 90's....Thats before my time off installing...

I do know that Rockford was around in the late 90's but the amps were black..

Maybe Zapco. Hand made out of california.

Not Rockford, Zapco, Phoenix Gold, or anything new.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Peter North is right. JL makes most speakerz bow.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I just bought the Kicker solo-baric S12L7 dual 4om voice coil subs. I am in th works of getting a precision power amp to power them. The solo-barics are pretty cheep and they hit hard
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Needtobeswoledup
    My amp is 2ohm stable and yes it is 600watts RMS(continuous power)...
    most amps are 2 ohm stable. but make sure it is 2 ohm stable when bridged. that isnt always so clear when lookin at specification sheets. is it 2 ohm stable stereo or mono. thats the key. if says mono u can get some good shit. but since your only looking to spend 300-400 it doesnt really matter. run your sub bridged at 600 watts rms. get a polk momo 12, or a thunder 8000 12....or a triangular kicker solobaric. all very high quality. crutchfield also carries a box for 400, its 3 mtx thunder 6000 10's, handling 600 watts rms. my buddy had that. hit hard as hell. and because there was 3 subs in the same box, you get a great low end response. overall my reccomendation is either the momo or the solobaric.

You said the triangle solo baric.... do you mean the square one?? I didn't know they made a triangle one

You said the triangle solo baric.... do you mean the square one?? I didn't know they made a triangle one
    yup thats right its square. my bad. its a good sub. the fact that its square allows for more air to be moved that a circular sub of the amw width.

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    I am currently building a show competition truck, fiberglass, tv, big amps, etc.....I am a part-time installer as well--working saturdays. One site that can really help you out is www.the12volt.com they have great forums and great people, you can get pretty much any question dealing with car audio/security/installaion answered. Hope this helps.
    -Cy

The Butcher is offline Member
    I like JL subs the best. I run two 12's parallel into 4 ohms and push them hard with a Rockford Amp. I've been running them (at pretty high volumes) for 5 years and haven't had a single problem with the speakers or the amps. My philosophy is (for longevity and less wear and tear on the amps) to not run below 4 ohms. Seems like the sound is crisper. You have to have a bigger amp to push them b/c you aren't "cheating" by running with less resistance like you do at 2 ohms, but the amp barley heats up, and that's where you lose alot of component life (and it seems to me) and sound quality. Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher
    I like JL subs the best. I run two 12's parallel into 4 ohms and push them hard with a Rockford Amp. I've been running them (at pretty high volumes) for 5 years and haven't had a single problem with the speakers or the amps. My philosophy is (for longevity and less wear and tear on the amps) to not run below 4 ohms. Seems like the sound is crisper. You have to have a bigger amp to push them b/c you aren't "cheating" by running with less resistance like you do at 2 ohms, but the amp barley heats up, and that's where you lose alot of component life (and it seems to me) and sound quality. Just my .02.

too much money....for the guy writing this thread

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    I'm looking for some forums for car audio like these to get some questions answered? Anyone out there into car audio? I blew out my 2 12's and am having trouble deciding what kind to buy now...

you bastard better give me back my fucking 100 watt kenwood and my 10 inch sub and box..

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    Before I got interested in bodybuilding/powerlifting, I was into car and home audio. I haven't been keeping up with the latest trend of audio anymore.

Personally, I would go with JBL's or Cerwin Vegas, my 2 faves.

Jarrett: you bitch now that my 12's blew i need that pos 10.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    ive been into car stereos for about 15 years now, ive had all kinds of speaker set ups in my cars. right now i have two oz 12" subs and a mamphis belle 1000+ watt amp running them and the rest of my system. i have to tell you nothing else i have ever had comes close, its sick how clean the sound is and how loud my car is. so what im saying is check out oz audio.

I've heard oz is very good but it seems 2 expensive 4 my tastes... I was thinking about getting 2 Resonant Engineering SE 12's... Oh and I just ordered some cdt classic 6.5" components, hopefully they will sound a lot better than the infinity reference ones i have now....

Football_Bill is offline Associate Member
    I just finished putting my sterio in, 2 Solobaric L7 Dual voice coils and a 1200.1 amplifier. It is the craziest I have heard. Pricey, but I found to solobarics for $300 on Ebay, brand new. That is cheaper than one retail.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Two Words: Rockford Fosgate

I have 2 elcipse titanium 15" woofers, each powered by its own precision power PCX-1500 (1000w), 2 sets of MBQuart components ran by a PCX-480 (80wX4)..pioneer 7500DVD w/ navigation, xm radio, and 12disc changer....soon to be adding 5 additional monitors, just got to find cool places to put them.
    -Cy

IronCy: wow nice setup! what kind of car is that in?

Please help me sleep!!!
    Can anyone help? I'm begging you!!

Football_Bill is offline Associate Member
    You might be thinking of the US Amps, very rare. The 50 wat was stable to 1/4 ohm, and could push 2 15" JL's with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Football_Bill
    You might be thinking of the US Amps, very rare. The 50 wat was stable to 1/4 ohm, and could push 2 15" JL's with no problem.
    Nope. That's not the name. Thx though.

my setup is in a durango

Thread Information