Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Bikers!!

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member

Bikers!!

Have to have some bikers in the forum.... Thought id start a thread for the petrol heads.

What do you ride?

Few pics below of what iv'e had over the past 3 years, i change my bikes every 4-6 months... its a problem...

ZX6R (most recent bike)
    R1
    R6
    Triumph Speed Triple
    SV1000
    KTM SM690

At the moment i'm bikeless but thinking of going down the the gixxer 750 route...

Fire away guys and gals, post up some pics and tell us your good and bad experiences on these machines!!!

(The burn out was on the R1 getting the rubber off the tail was a nightmare)

Bikers!!-2015-04-07-18.20.58.jpg Bikers!!-2015-10-25-16.17.10.jpg Bikers!!-20150306_123406.jpg Bikers!!-img_0292.jpg Bikers!!-img_20161210_190508.jpg Bikers!!-unti22tled-2.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bikers!!-20150306_123406.jpg   Bikers!!-20160515_202610.jpg  
    Last edited by Eduke93; 06-07-2018 at 02:12 AM.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Have had Many bikes. Yami FZ1, 2004 R1, 2006 R6, 2007 GSXR 600, Limited edition 2006 R1, 2010 BMW S1000, 2012 BMW S1000, 2014 Yami FJR 1300.
    I stopped riding in 2016. In 2006 I high sided on the race track (Road America) and broke my neck. Had to have my C6 and C7 fused. Long story short I had issues from time to time and went back for an MRI in 2016. The Doc showed me my MRI and how my spinal cord went around my Herniated C7. She said if I crash like that again I would probably be paralyzed from the waist down. She was convincing enough to make me stop riding.
    Obs and BG like this.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    R1 is a beautiful bike... send it to me if you dont want it anymore
    Eduke93 likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by bethdoth View Post
    Have had Many bikes. Yami FZ1, 2004 R1, 2006 R6, 2007 GSXR 600, Limited edition 2006 R1, 2010 BMW S1000, 2012 BMW S1000, 2014 Yami FJR 1300.
    I stopped riding in 2016. In 2006 I high sided on the race track (Road America) and broke my neck. Had to have my C6 and C7 fused. Long story short I had issues from time to time and went back for an MRI in 2016. The Doc showed me my MRI and how my spinal cord went around my Herniated C7. She said if I crash like that again I would probably be paralyzed from the waist down. She was convincing enough to make me stop riding.
    I had a honda v4 magna with 1000 miles on it I dug out of an old mans garage for a song and it was literally brand new. Only bike I ever gave a shit about but I sold it after I started into a death wobble out of the blue at 135 or 140.

I couldnt trust myself. Some guy on a crotch rocket would come tearing ass by and I would have to show them it wasnt a cruiser. Damn sharp bike I even had it in my wedding photos it was so perfect.

I wish I had just kept it now in storage. I don't belong on a bike though. Too carazy.
    Eduke93 and Cylon357 like this.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Been riding since I was 10 years old.
    2016 ultraBikers!!-20180606_235701.jpg
    Obs likes this.

Nice Beth!!

What do you prefer the R1 or BMW?

Wow, that sucks man... It's a dangerous hobby, one of my mates has lost his left leg below his knee from riding! I haven't had any big crashes, have tank slapped on the R1 at 160mph... that was a close call but managed to pull it together!!

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I had a honda v4 magna with 1000 miles on it I dug out of an old mans garage for a song and it was literally brand new. Only bike I ever gave a shit about but I sold it after I started into a death wobble out of the blue at 135 or 140.

I couldnt trust myself. Some guy on a crotch rocket would come tearing ass by and I would have to show them it wasnt a cruiser. Damn sharp bike I even had it in my wedding photos it was so perfect.

I wish I had just kept it now in storage. I don't belong on a bike though. Too carazy.
    Nice man, one of them bikes you wish you could hang up on the wall and it just sit there looking pretty!!

Death wobble haha, I like it, usually id call it tank slapping... I've experienced it as well, thank god for steering dampers!
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    Been riding since I was 10 years old.
    2016 ultraClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20180606_235701.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	173093
    Beautiful, bet that has a hell load of low end power!!!

Assuming you need to wear ear plugs when riding it too? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eduke93 View Post
    Nice Beth!!

What do you prefer the R1 or BMW?

Wow, that sucks man... It's a dangerous hobby, one of my mates has lost his left leg below his knee from riding! I haven't had any big crashes, have tank slapped on the R1 at 160mph... that was a close call but managed to pull it together!!
    Not sure what bike was my favorite? But one of these two. The 06 R1 was number 480 of only 500 made, that is the bike I crashed on the track. The 2010 BMW came out with the S1000 it sent all manufactures back to the drawing board. Stock it had 182HP at the rear wheel, ABS brakes, four traction control modes .... etc .... If I put that bike in 1st gear (in sport mode) and cracked it wide open it would instantly hit about 100MPH indicated and once the front wheel came off the ground and started to slow down the traction control would kill the power and set it down then power back on and repeat. If you had the balls you could literally be doing 100MPH with the front wheel going up and down. Leaned over hard in a corner again crack it open. The bike knows the lean angle and wouldn't apply power until you have more rubber contacting the pavement, then as you stood the bike up the power would come on. On a smaller technical track I had 600's that couldn't stay with me in the super tight twisty part of the track (Black Hawk farms). I used to take a trip to Tennessee (tail of the Dragon 312 turns in 11 miles) every spring to ride the mountains. Now I am missing riding. But, like OBS I am a crazy man on a bike and shouldn't ride. Wheeling passing a pack of Harleys at 100MPH is dangerous!

Beautiful, bet that has a hell load of low end power!!!

Assuming you need to wear ear plugs when riding it too? lol
    Normally I have my music loud enough to drown out the exhaust noise.

I always say that noise and chrome will get you home.

Normally I have my music loud enough to drown out the exhaust noise.

I always say that noise and chrome will get you home.
    Nice!!

Haha, is it a twin or a single?

Not sure what bike was my favorite? But one of these two. The 06 R1 was number 480 of only 500 made, that is the bike I crashed on the track. The 2010 BMW came out with the S1000 it sent all manufactures back to the drawing board. Stock it had 182HP at the rear wheel, ABS brakes, four traction control modes .... etc .... If I put that bike in 1st gear (in sport mode) and cracked it wide open it would instantly hit about 100MPH indicated and once the front wheel came off the ground and started to slow down the traction control would kill the power and set it down then power back on and repeat. If you had the balls you could literally be doing 100MPH with the front wheel going up and down. Leaned over hard in a corner again crack it open. The bike knows the lean angle and wouldn't apply power until you have more rubber contacting the pavement, then as you stood the bike up the power would come on. On a smaller technical track I had 600's that couldn't stay with me in the super tight twisty part of the track (Black Hawk farms). I used to take a trip to Tennessee (tail of the Dragon 312 turns in 11 miles) every spring to ride the mountains. Now I am missing riding. But, like OBS I am a crazy man on a bike and shouldn't ride. Wheeling passing a pack of Harleys at 100MPH is dangerous!
    Thats crazy the BMW sounds very technical which is great, guessing it makes things a tad safer.. despite the 100mph launch lol I haven't done any track days, but have spent a lot of time on our windy roads here in the UK!
    bethdoth likes this.

Nice!!

Haha, is it a twin or a single?
    twin 103
    Eduke93 likes this.

Thats crazy the BMW sounds very technical which is great, guessing it makes things a tad safer.. despite the 100mph launch lol I haven't done any track days, but have spent a lot of time on our windy roads here in the UK!
    Once you start doing track day the roads will get boring and more dangerous. The track is clean (no gravel), no on coming traffic, you can use the whole track and should, and emergency medical service is on site not 100 miles away. I did have a good friend pass away on the track last year and he was one of the best riders I know. Tank slapper coming up the hill at VIR over 100MPH.
    Eduke93 likes this.

Obs
    Any of you ever have the opportunity to ride a boss hoss?
    marcus300 likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Not into bikes but these are awesome looking, are they a good bike?
    Eduke93 and Obs like this.

I haven't, would love to but you don't see many around here in the UK!
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    They are monsters, 0-60 you'll struggle to hold onto the bars and will feel like your skin is being ripped off! I can imagine you cruising round on one Marcus, flying down the the M25 on a sunny day, A beast on a beast!
    marcus300 likes this.

Once you start doing track day the roads will get boring and more dangerous. The track is clean (no gravel), no on coming traffic, you can use the whole track and should, and emergency medical service is on site not 100 miles away. I did have a good friend pass away on the track last year and he was one of the best riders I know. Tank slapper coming up the hill at VIR over 100MPH.
    Yeah I will give it a go at some point, I have some well known tracks close by. One of which being Brands Hatch, not sure if you've heard of it, they have held a lot of comps here!
    marcus300 likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    They a chevy v8 on a bike frame. My uncle bought one and I sat on it and looked like a child on a Clydesdale. Simply scary amount of power. I was a kid then. Marcus you might sit one nicely.

Attachment 173114

The one my uncle had, had shorter handle bars than in the picture. You had to stretch over the tank to reach them.

If you laid that bike over a normal guy could not upright it.
    Last edited by Obs; 06-08-2018 at 07:57 AM.
    marcus300 likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    They a chevy v8 on a bike frame. My uncle bought one and I sat on it and looked like a child on a Clydesdale. Simply scary amount of power. I was a kid then. Marcus you might sit one nicely.

Attachment 173114

The one my uncle had, had shorter handle bars than in the picture. You had to stretch over the tank to reach them.

Stunning bike for sure
    Obs likes this.

Attachment 173114

Holy Crap.

How do even ride that monstrosity?... Imagine dropping that beast, would cause a local earthquake.
    marcus300 and Obs like this.

Obs
    Holy Crap.

How do even ride that monstrosity?... Imagine dropping that beast, would cause a local earthquake.
    Its not natural sitting one. Feet dont really touch the ground and its like having a lawn chair between your legs. Its been some years since I sat on one but I would like to again just to see if its different
    Eduke93 likes this.

The founder of Boss Hoss motorcycles is from our area so we have a few of them around. I have never ridden one but sat on a couple and they are not for the little guy. There is a lot of weight to hold steady but the large rear tire does make it a little easier.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    The founder of Boss Hoss motorcycles is from our area so we have a few of them around. I have never ridden one but sat on a couple and they are not for the little guy. There is a lot of weight to hold steady but the large rear tire does make it a little easier.
    My uncle and his brother (other uncle)grew up on bikes. His brother was 130lb and he wouldn't let him ride it.
    When he asked me to ride it I said hell no. Its like sitting on a nuke to someone inexperienced like I was.
    diesel101 likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Thats the last bike on earth you want to have whiskey throttle with!
    Obs likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Thats the last bike on earth you want to have whiskey throttle with!
    Don't try taking a corner with any speed. We have a few in our area too. Great in a straight line!
    Obs likes this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    On another note!

Obs and RaginCajun like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    On another note!

Lmao! Thats great!

Tell him just add fuel mix oil you are good to go...

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    On another note!

Proof there is such a thing as a stupid question.
    RaginCajun and Cylon357 like this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Bikers!!-screenshot_20180612-172936_facebook.jpg
    My brother came within fourteen hundreds of a second from the world record on real street a couple weeks ago. Ran a 7.79 at 182 mph in the 1/4 mile
    Obs and marcus300 like this.

mf1251 is offline New Member
    Had three over the years, first was a ZX6R, then a DRZ400SM and now a KTM690 Enduro/SM!

Bikers!!-img_2584.jpgBikers!!-33751409_10156946269519528_5022458387128909824_n.jpgBikers!!-unnamed-2-.jpg
    Eduke93 likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180612-172936_Facebook.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	532.5 KB 
ID:	173149
    My brother came within fourteen hundreds of a second from the world record on real street a couple weeks ago. Ran a 7.79 at 182 mph in the 1/4 mile
    I want your life.
    Lol

I want your life.
    Lol
    Ha, hes a crazy sob. I dont have nothing on him
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Ha, hes a crazy sob. I dont have nothing on him
    Its just the interesting things you guys do.
    You have got a seriously interesting life man!

Its just the interesting things you guys do.
    You have got a seriously interesting life man!
    You should move down, we definitely have fun!
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    You should move down, we definitely have fun!
    Dont tempt me

DuckTheViking is offline Junior Member
    Have a Monster 1200 S Stripe. Love it except a bit shit gearbox and horrible right pillion footpeg is blocking my heel. Awesome bike in the summer. Not so awesome on the motorway in rain.
    Bikers!!-c360_2017-11-01-10-50-04-554.jpg

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    On another note!

Awesome...
    bikeral likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

On another note!

This is amazing! Some people...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information